Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,074 members, 7,811,012 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body (2106 Views)

Four Relationship Mistakes Every Girl Makes. / Silly Relationship Mistakes Every Single Lady Regrettably Commit / 5 Relationship Tips To Learn From The Lagos Driver-conductor Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by fxbot: 1:20am On Oct 20, 2015
We watch those romance scenes on TV, read novels that mesmerize us and make us begin to imagine things that the real world does not offer us. That is the dent in the image of the entertainment world--They project a mirage into our subconscious .
I wasn't really keen on starting a relationship with anyone but considering peer pressure was a force in my growing days, I was almost considered a misfit, a gay and weird being, majorly due to my reluctance to start dating. Yes, I had cases where I was asked if I were gay but I didn't think much of it.
And finally, I decided to take a plunge in and give it a shot, without any protective gear. Did I slam my head against the wall? I couldn’t count how many times that did happen.
So what were the mistakes I made in my course of dating that you can avoid?
1. Trusting too quickly—Trust is a pivotal element on which a relationship is balanced on. Unfortunately, the other person isn’t you and they don’t reason like you. Therefore trusting too quickly is synonymous to opening your door in the dead of the night when arm robbers can come in to cart away with your valuables.

We are all from different background. Which means our values in life are very different. In most cases, I take trust seriously but the other party would be the opposite.

As time went by, I had to adopt the ” look before you leap” strategy. It wasn’t easy but as they say, experience is the best teacher.

2. Wanting to Please Them Often—we ought to love whomever we are with because that is our basic responsibility to keep the relationship alive. However, I made the mistake of saying yes to requests, even at my own detriment. People do not value things that they get so easily. That’s a life lesson that I have learned over time. Therefore, saying yes to your girlfriend all the time or to your boyfriend might make you appear like an under-valued goods in the market. It’s that simple, really. Never please any one at your own detriment

3. Calling All Too Often-- Yes, I love to call and till date I still make calls to friends but over the course of my dating life, the rate of my calls to whomever I am dating has been drastically reduced. These days, I spend my time trying to push myself hard enough to get desired future. I think basically in the past, my consistent calls were due to the fact that I had the time. Also, I was never appreciated for the doing so. Communication is very essential in a relationship when viable measures are in place. It’s never a bad idea to create vacuum once a while.

4. Being Too Nice: My close associates know me to be very nice person and they do appreciate me for that but how come those I dated didn’t appreciate me for whom I am? There has to be some strict measures in place so as not come off as a “use and dump” goods. Being nice is good, at least for the world to be a better place, but that is ONLY if the right person comes along. Otherwise, you are just wasting time trying to please someone who doesn’t feel any need to reciprocate.

5. Starting a Relationship With Money—Sincerely, this was one of my greatest undoing and till date I have put a complete stop to it. If you start your relationship with money, you may never stop and by the time things start going unfavourable, you knee deep already to want to stop; by then, you would want to spend more because you can’t imagine not losing your “investment” lol. It gets really messy over time. Therefore, never start any relationship by spending money, a mutual ground isn’t bad idea is it? Good!

These five mistakes were what could be termed as my greatest ; it is best you don’t make them to keep your heart healthy…
Heartbreak is nightmare, seriously! Avoid, though unavoidable, it at all cost!

http://www.hookupcity.com/5-relationship-mistakes-i-made-in-my-llife-no-5-is-over-my-dead-body/

5 Likes

Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by Deefuray(f): 1:22am On Oct 20, 2015
Nice

1 Like

Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by Nature8(m): 1:55am On Oct 20, 2015
Ok..
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by Nature8(m): 1:57am On Oct 20, 2015
Deefuray:
Nice
Your black is beautiful.. smiley
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by Deefuray(f): 1:59am On Oct 20, 2015
Nature8:

Your black is beautiful.. smiley
Thanks...
I really do appreciate

1 Like

Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by Nature8(m): 2:02am On Oct 20, 2015
Deefuray:
Thanks... I really do appreciate
Uwc..
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by PissedOffWeed(m): 3:19am On Oct 20, 2015
cool No 5 tho....
Started mine with "playing pranks with her, then helped her out via academics,and became her shoulder to lean on"
Now, we eat the money her other "BFs" give her...if they get mad over her closeness to me, she ends her relationship with them immediately.
Some saY am friend Zoned, mehn if na so friend Zone dey be I go buy land and build my living house in it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by naijaboiy: 4:59am On Oct 20, 2015
Unfortunately many Dumb guys make that mistake of number 5 regularly.

God please dash them sense sad

1 Like

Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by Cutehector(m): 5:16am On Oct 20, 2015
The economy is bad nw... If u wan go on a date, abeg chop befor u comot frm house ooooooo... Esp d ladies.
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by mckenzieRx: 6:18am On Oct 20, 2015
Educative.
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 20, 2015
Nice one

Trust:my worst mistake (don't trust anybody)
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 20, 2015
Its all about the risk baby. If I don't exhibit those up there, what's the essence of kick starting a relationship in the first place?
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by Nature8(m): 6:51am On Oct 20, 2015
Cutehector:
The economy is bad nw... If u wan go on a date, abeg chop befor u comot frm house ooooooo... Esp d ladies.

Lol.. grin
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 20, 2015
I've made all the mistakes above, No. 5 Mostly grin.

I Learnt The Hardest Way undecided!!!
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by virginboy1(m): 7:17am On Oct 20, 2015
*Travelled from Maiduguri to Kastina just to see my 2go lover. Waste of time,energy and resources. Got dumped later.

*Telling her I have power,I am strong ,my name is killer bla bla bla.

*Promised her marriage just for her to date me.lolzzz

I don mature now.
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by swaggerdgrt(m): 7:58am On Oct 20, 2015
Nice one bro
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by 573V31D(m): 8:13am On Oct 20, 2015
I agree to ur points but the truth is, ur points only elucidate "how not to be nice" which seems to work most times.
Players knows these rules by heart and thats why they get them cheap. But to the good guys out there, remain good, forget about the rules, be urself.
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by potolistic(m): 9:22am On Oct 20, 2015
Wow. .. .... Reminds me alot of someone
Re: 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body by fxbot: 9:24am On Oct 20, 2015
573V31D:
I agree to ur points but the truth is, ur points only elucidate "how not to be nice" which seems to work most times.
Players knows these rules by heart and thats why they get them cheap. But to the good guys out there, remain good, forget about the rules, be urself.
How do you mean "How Not To Be Nice"? Do you realise that you have to love with your brain super charged? Omo, u go just enter on chance.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies! Ladies! Get In Here And Read This. / Why You Must Use And Dump Your Girlfriend / updated : Help,please Help Me?!??!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.