Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch (41891 Views)

Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by dignity33: 8:02am On Oct 22, 2015
yoruba are jealous of igbos hard working, just immagine a yoruba can now stand and dictate an igboman how to live his life in so called one Nigeria. I don't blame them is those igbo people who leave their land to go and develop other people place i blame, come back home let us unite and fight this zoo with common goal.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lastpage: 8:02am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:
This is absolute nonsense. The Deji of Akure has no right to dictate to Igbos how to conduct their cultural affairs. What business of his is it? He may have the right to decide who can wear a crown in his palace but he has no right to dethrone anybody. Does he he think he is dealing with his fellow Yorubas here? This is laughable

Please waka go Akure, [size=18pt]go and open those locked Shops, IF YOU DARE![/size]

Some of you will catch ifre inside heavy rain!

Try it, instead of ranting here on nairaland.

Silly ingrates.

Lastpage!

16 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by homirefacuny(m): 8:03am On Oct 22, 2015
emmalexabl:
Is the apoplogy only on 9ja stations ??

what if we apologise on CNN.,BBC or may be AL-JAZEERA...

This yoruba monarchs are all clowns.

BIAFRA IS ALREADY HERE...

Yes o....Yoruba is no man's land. Haha

10 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by MrMbaM: 8:03am On Oct 22, 2015
[s]
truefact:
Fetishes yorubas claims all the goodie goodies. Diabolical yorubas claims sophistication and progressive, then

Why do yorubas still want be in the same country with violent-illiterate hausa-fulani?

Why do yorubas still want to be with uncultured igbos?

What is wrong with yorubas?
Or are yorubas simply living on lies?
[/s]

Accursed akpu eating product of baby factory, you blame all your problems on Yoruba. Are the Yorubas holding you from going? The last time I checked, you are the fools that troop to the SW daily, dont you have shame. You escape from the dungeon red mud land everyday and still make noise online. You should be stoned to death for being useless, foolish and stupid.

20 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by bodeloja: 8:04am On Oct 22, 2015
The bastard is on a very long thing. No constitutional powers, no constitutional recognition.

This is one Nigeria Bi.tch! Go screw your daughter or like the other thug that occupied the title, beat your wife to death.

Yoruba and Ignorance are synonymous. From Lagoon Oba to Market Deji.

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by bodeloja: 8:05am On Oct 22, 2015
It is only dirty yorubas that have to invite a person as a guest only to attack them.

Something that the entire world refer to as cowardice. But i suppose it is yoruba culture to be cowards.

Can America invite a guest and kill, jail or harm them? No! It is undiplomatic, uncivilised and a war crime. This is the strongest nation on the planet, that am talking about. Likewise the poorest nations observe the same standard. Yorubas are the only exception to this in the world.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:
This is absolute nonsense. The Deji of Akure has no right to dictate to Igbos how to conduct their cultural affairs. What business of his is it? He may have the right to decide who can wear a crown in his palace but he has no right to dethrone anybody. Does he he think he is dealing with his fellow Yorubas here? This is laughable
dude he has every right to ban dat title jor...let's be sincere to ourselves..is dia a Deji in Onitsha or Aba??...They allowed u to bear traditional titles in dia land n yet u disrespect dia leader by comparing ur authority to his...nawa o.

20 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by faithfulme: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

Deji of Akure has right over any Eze even in Igboland. Igbo people are rude and always rude.

VERY VERY TRUE BRO AND MAJORITY OF THEM ARE ALSO RITUALIST TO THE CORE

7 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by bodeloja: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2015
Deji Who?

As long as Nigeria continues Eze Ndiigbo in Ondo continues.

The constitution provides for that. We are not in an absolute monarch.

Monarchs have no constitutional powers.

The Eze is in his house. Go and uninstall him, no be for mouth. I dnot know wen u people will ever be civilised.

In fact dont want u people to be civilised, remain as u are now forever.

Eze Ndiigbo in Akure is still there. The igbos in Akure know their head.

Dirty Fools! Anuofia
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by kingzizzy: 8:09am On Oct 22, 2015
Kollyman:

Talk about cultural affairs when you get to the east. When you find your self in rome, please respect yourself by behaving like a Roman.

Yoruba land is not no man's land.

Before u agitate for Biafra, please go to the North East to see what is happening there. If you are ready to have that or more on your land, then continue with your Biafool agitation.

A word is enough for the few wise people.

Let me tell you something. There is no such thing as Yorubaland. You cannot have 'Yorubaland' and have 'one Nigeria' at the same time. Both do not go hand in hand. It is like trying two hands inside your mouth. It will never fit. As an Igbo man, the constitution grants me equal rights as the Deji of Akure. The constitution grants me the same rights as any Yoruba man, anywhere in Yorubaland. The constitution does not mandate me to respect Yoruba tradition. If the Deji actually ordered the flogging of the Eze Ndigbo of Akure, the Deji may end up facing assault charges.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by bodeloja: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2015
The Deji is wat we call a media who.re at best and noise maker at worst.

Someone should shove a socks down his throat.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2015
Mediocrity and jealousy .... simple.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Goke7: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2015
Am sorry the ibos actually are the ones bringing all these upon themselves, despite all the warnings and education from even their own people, they still find it difficult live within their own boundaries in different places in Nigeria.

The happenings in Akure has become a precedence which may be replicated in other parts of yoruba land and I hope the ibos will get wiser this time around.

20 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by streetshuttle(m): 8:10am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:

What a clown you are, do you have any idea the beginning of d conflicts? so shut up and get your fact right before comment. which post does your eze give yoruba people in the east? or what title does emir give yoruba community in the north? they say when you are rome behave like romans, and not like yourself. think before you talk. if they can't operate under d confinement of the rules and regulation of that land, they should get lost. BIAFRA is a dream, and dream it remains. shut up and listen before you talk.

10 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Alexander001(m): 8:10am On Oct 22, 2015
FAJFARM:

You sounded disgusting to my hearing. Do u people allow any other tribe to dominate d way u guys do in other tribes land. Kudos to Deji of Akure.
I don't think anybody is hindering any tribe from dominating in igboland, the question is " will you be able to do that?
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Perfectwazobia: 8:12am On Oct 22, 2015
The DEJI of Akure kingdom has done the right thing.

Just imagine having some nationals from other countries using the following title: prime minister of china, US president,President of France etc in Nigeria going about with execute power. Will the presidency fold his hands...?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lastpage: 8:12am On Oct 22, 2015
JustCurious:

That apology part is so uncalled for.. Haba! 3National Dallies and broadcast on TV stations?! Hmmmm, If men were God, prayer would be pricey and forgiveness of sins wouldn't be free. :/ Dear Oba Deji, let go and let God. smiley

Its a "punitive punishment' to serve as a warning to other "adventurist" who might get too comfortable and start "developing silly ideas".

If l were the Oba, l will tell him to write "I will not do so again sir", 3million times! ... like we do in primary school! grin grin

Joke aside, l think the Oba is sending him a strong message: WHO IS BOSS IN AKURE? grin grin undecided

Lastpage!

15 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by highmood(m): 8:12am On Oct 22, 2015
Godsonkemz:

I'm quite disappointed that a closest brother who suppose to share a common interest with us is going against us. We regard you Ibibios as brothers in our land and transact biz with all fairness but some of u guys like u see us as strangers in ur land and envy our progress. U must've eaten the forbidden fruit from Yoruba people.
my brother the guy you quoted is absolutely correct. We the igbos are now throwing our tradition to the dogs. Remember what happened in the last election where the Yoruba elders rather than talking with first class kings like Obi if Onitsha etc they were insulting the igbos because some selfish politician claiming Eze ndi igbo of Lagos hungrily paid them a visit. What is this. Igbos are respected but then if will do not value our tradition and hold it at high esteem, other tribes will one day spit whenever we make mention of our tradition.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by homirefacuny(m): 8:12am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:

I may not be based in Akure, but as far as I'm concerned as an Igbo man, the constitution is greater than the Deji. The constitution grants me the right to treat Akure as if it was Enugu. In other words, I can elect an 'Eze' and conduct any cultural event I want. The Deji is only a Monarch in his palace. Outside his Palace, he is just another Nigerian. I'm not bound by any law to respect him. So I encourage my fellow Igbos to forget about that Yoruba king and enjoy the freedom accorded to them by the constitution to conduct the traditional affairs anywhere in Nigeria
Are you high?? Read what you typed....Chest beating at its peak....You guys won't just learn for once. SMH

8 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by zingywingy: 8:14am On Oct 22, 2015
Thats foolish of you bro. Igbo ain't gat shit on us. Oba of lagos warned you. You dare break it? Y'all rather be in lagoon now. Yoruba don't joke with the king. They are gods. No Oba of yoruba in ur godforsaken east. No two mayors in a street of Uk. Why competiting with a god if u ain't calling for doom.

Biafra fits you igbos. Atleast we could enjoy quality products in our new country

liberty300:

You don't pick a fight with the igbos and win.(Biafra war, Igbo win. grin)Ask northern nigeria how they're looking now, ask the oba that wished them death by lagoon how his people are dying in the lagoon(they say am insensitive by saying this but what da hell..)

If this news is true, then the oba and his people have difficult days ahead. Am not bragging, am just stating the obvious

Before you talk, remember what led to this..the dressing of an Igbo that honored his invitation. After Wch the Igbo apologized after being humiliated..it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, it takes a bigger man to apologize even when he's right

4 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:14am On Oct 22, 2015
The Oba is suffering from acute inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by marv1: 8:15am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:
Your comment is laughable. Can i come to ur town in the east and do whatever i like saying i have a right? Where ur right ends is where another man's right starts. A lot of u guys from the east are very rude. Claiming right on a faceless forum or any part of nigeria without proper attention to the rules and traditions of the locality u are living is completely baseless.

9 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Arabs999: 8:15am On Oct 22, 2015
leke12:
Gud! A strong response to a rude set of people.
...I think U have just finished smoking the useless Akure weeds.

... People are calling Buhari a dictator in this democratic government; then, how can you classify the actions of this tribalised Akure weeds smoker that calls himself The Deji of Akure?

.....This fact is now very clear: The Deji is now smoking Igbo weeds instead of restricting himself to only Akure weeds

...The result? Anarchy is around the corner.
...kidnappers, over to u...Kidnap everyone kidnapable in that community including the Deji himself, and the Ransome should be above 100 billion naira payable within three days or else....

....Meanwhile, the OP below me is an Akure weeds smoker..I saw him with one wrap not quite long..
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Astonvanquish: 8:15am On Oct 22, 2015
am Yoruba the Oba has no right to lock people's shops no matter where they are from,am not a subject of any king, I hate monarchy this is a republican society no man has the divine right to stop others from doing their work,to be honest our so called traditional rulers has done more harm than good to our society at large.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by jonpo: 8:15am On Oct 22, 2015
That's what we are talking yoU can say yoUr kIng Is sillY not to a yoruba King. Disrespectful set of peOple.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Diligence: 8:16am On Oct 22, 2015
The so-called Deji was given a certificate just like the Eze himself...it's only the governor of the state who could on certain conditions make certain pronouncements not like this illiterate-Deji of Akure... they are both nigerians and hv rights and privileges like any other as the constitution states and is supreme (to nigerians)
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Baroba(m): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2015
Only a clown will apologies to this relic, traditional rulers have no place in modern Nigeria..
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by zingywingy: 8:18am On Oct 22, 2015
Astonvanquish:
am Yoruba the Oba has no right to lock people's shops no matter where they are from,am not a subject of any king, I hate monarchy this is a republican society no man has the divine right to stop others from doing their work,to be honest our so called traditional rulers has done more harm than good to our society at large.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
You are not a Yoruba.. You are a foool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Adelivinggreat(m): 8:18am On Oct 22, 2015
princemillla:
Why having eze ndigbo in the zoo ?

Wen I saw Igbo shops in akure I was like what!
Igbo are really dominating everywhere.
Is there oba or baale in any of the igboland?
You can only find obas n bales in a land that is fertile n habitable

8 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by MizMyColi(f): 8:19am On Oct 22, 2015
liberty300:
it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, it takes a bigger man to apologize even when he's right

Word on Marble.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by otunbaajamu(m): 8:19am On Oct 22, 2015
Yoruba's, Epitome of virtue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Reacts To US Govt’s Visa Ban On Some Nigerian Politicians / PDP's Peter Ndubuisi Mbah Declared Governor-elect Of Enugu / Lol. Nigerians Mock Femi Adesina After He Says Buhari Will Appoint Ministers In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.