Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch (41886 Views)

Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by zingywingy: 8:19am On Oct 22, 2015
Baroba:
Only a clown will apologies to this relic, traditional rulers have no place in modern Nigeria..

Talk that to Emir Sanusi SAS or Oba of Benin... U will lose your head

5 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by kingzizzy: 8:21am On Oct 22, 2015
homirefacuny:

Are you high?? Read what you typed....Chest beating at its peak....You guys won't just learn for once. SMH

What I wrote is fact. As an Igbo man, I am bound by the constitution of Nigeria not the laws of your Deji. What do you think Nigeria is all about? Yoruba laws? Hausa law? Igbo law? No. It's all about what the constitution allows me and under that constitution, I'm entitled under freedom of association and expression to have an 'Eze Ndigbo' anywhere in Yoruba land.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lastpage: 8:21am On Oct 22, 2015
PHIPEX:
While I agree that traditional stool has to be revered, it's absolutely immature for the Oba of Akure to issue this kind of condition aimed not to restore peace but to humiliate. If the Nigeria state folds its hand and allow this to take root let it be known that the ripple effect can transcend beyond the Southwest. The traditional authority across the geopolitical zone has no absolute power to close down the economic activity of lawful citizens of this country as long as the constitution remains.

It's easy to see it as a victory for the Oba but it could turn out to be a case of pennywise and pound foolish. There are better ways to restore peace and sanity in Akure rather than act like an absolute dictator. This can be viewed like a perfect case of inferiority complex, why should an Oba feel threatened because another dressed like a king? Will Queen Elizabeth feel threatened if another man dresses like a king in London.

You dont seem to know the difference between being "Threatened" ... and being "Insulted"?

For one nomadic Nnyamirin to crown himself King, where there is a sitting "authentic" King .. and then to proceed to usurp the role of that authentic King by replacing subjects selected by such King (Babaloja of Akure market), is the height of treachery.

If not for civilisation, that Eze Ndigbo would have been BEHEADED straight-away!
he should count himself lucky.... and yes, he needs to be properly HUMILIATED...Properly, l repeat
angry angry

Lastpage!

18 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by mobicomtech01: 8:21am On Oct 22, 2015
Men this Deji of Akure no fear oo. But seriously i was wondering what happened to all the igbo trader at the oja oba or erekesan market. They all closed shop without any notice, so this is why. IGBO sha.

6 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Goke7: 8:22am On Oct 22, 2015
Adelivinggreat:

You can only find obas n bales in a land that is fertile n habitable

Now this is wicked lol grin

10 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by sinkhole: 8:22am On Oct 22, 2015
some people said Ibos closed their shops in protest, but its more like they were ordered by the Deji not to open their shops!! And they, the ibos, are even begging to have the shops reopened grin

11 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Ephemmm: 8:23am On Oct 22, 2015
emmalexabl:
Is the apoplogy only on 9ja stations ??

what if we apologise on CNN.,BBC or may be AL-JAZEERA...

This yoruba monarchs are all clowns.

BIAFRA IS ALREADY HERE...

If you are not comfortable, go back to your zoo where animal who don't respect tradition of the host leave. Chickena!

5 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by ThisMeansWAR: 8:23am On Oct 22, 2015
Godsonkemz:

I'm quite disappointed that a closest brother who suppose to share a common interest with us is going against us. We regard you Ibibios as brothers in our land and transact biz with all fairness but some of u guys like u see us as strangers in ur land and envy our progress. U must've eaten the forbidden fruit from Yoruba people.
shut the fhuck m0ron... Everyone is jealous of flathe.ad yet alaibo is in the state of turd... When will you people realize that everyone hates igbos because of their disrespecting and am better than you attitude when it didnt really reflect in their lives....

Im even surprised you called ibibios your brother and not annex them like your fellow ediots love to do.

11 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by kingzizzy: 8:23am On Oct 22, 2015
marv1:
Your comment is laughable. Can i come to ur town in the east and do whatever i like saying i have a right? Where ur rights ends is where another man's rights starts. A lot of u guys from the east are very rude. claiming right.

Of course you can come and have an Oba of Enugu if you want, it is your right.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by bodeloja: 8:23am On Oct 22, 2015
Deji Who?

As long as Nigeria continues Eze Ndiigbo in Ondo continues.

The constitution provides for that. We are not in an absolute monarch.

Monarchs have no constitutional powers.

The Eze is in his house. Go and uninstall him, no be for mouth. I dnot know wen u people will ever be civilised.

In fact dont want u people to be civilised, remain as u are now forever.

Eze Ndiigbo in Akure is still there. The igbos in Akure know their head.

Dirty Fools! Anuofia
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by homirefacuny(m): 8:23am On Oct 22, 2015
magicminister:
[size=19pt]woooow!!

I don tire for this country i swear!.
too much hate, too much tribalism.

I thought the eze-ndigbo guy has already apologized?
Why not show some mercy and let him be after some serious caution and probably Fine!
This one is unnecessary show of power!
[/size]

How can we claim "one Nigeria" when an Oba is Hindering other Nigerians (ibos) from trading within a Nigeria state due to their tribal affiliations?
Of course, the culture of the Home state should be respected and honored but traders should not be asked to close shops as long as they are up to date on their rent, tax and levies.
I believe the Deji wants to give them the last scare of their life....Truth be told, Ibos test ones patience with their domineering effect. #ChestBeaters

3 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by babylapaixlove: 8:23am On Oct 22, 2015
Mad man
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by bodeloja: 8:25am On Oct 22, 2015
sinkhole:
some people said Ibos closed their shops in protest, but its more like they were ordered by the Deji not to open their shops!! And they, the ibos, are even begging to have the shops reopened grin

wrong the eze ndiigbo akure asked dem to close shops in protest.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Rotimi47: 8:25am On Oct 22, 2015
princemillla:
Why having eze ndigbo in the zoo ?

Wen I saw Igbo shops in akure I was like what!
Igbo are really dominating everywhere.
Is there oba or baale in any of the igboland?
Dominating on your mind abi? Yorubas have been the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria and your have more Igbos living in South West ( Yoruba land ) than any other region outside the south east.

I just don't know why some people tend to make funny comments because the Yorubas understand the benefit of commerce while some loud mouth think establishing businesses in the South West make them the main beneficiary! You all need to checkout why the united States is one of the most advanced/developed countries in the world & how they went about it when most countries were super racist.

Do people think American Visa lottery to bring in people from all over the world is for you to dominate them as evident in the the funny comments some Igbos like to make?

It is a well known fact that territories of any accommodating tribe develops more than those that are less accommodating & the host community & all other people living or carrying out business there enjoy it together not the way some people see it as only they that do business there enjoy the benefits.

12 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by homirefacuny(m): 8:25am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:

What I wrote is fact. As an Igbo man, I am bound by the constitution of Nigeria not the laws of your Deji. What do you think Nigeria is all about? Yoruba laws? Hausa law? Igbo law? No. It's all about what the constitution allows me and under that constitution, I'm entitled under freedom of association and expression to have an 'Eze Ndigbo' anywhere in Yoruba land.
And it is within the confines of the law to disrespect the indinenous monarch? Bro...lets be factual.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by tete7000(m): 8:26am On Oct 22, 2015
The appropriateness of these sanctions? I really don't know. Apology in three daily newspapers? Really? To what end? It's like carrying a truck to crush an ant. We are all Nigerians. As much as I am a Yoruba and will want the Ibos to show more respect to Yoruba culture, I don't believe anyone has a right to ostracise another Nigerian living anywhere in the land. The constitution guarantees freedom of living for all Nigerians everywhere and nowhere in the constitution says the monarch can take such right away from any tribe on ground as this. Governor ought to have done more than he did. Let us all give peace a chance. Orun n ya bo, ki s'oro enikan. Adie ba l'okun, ara o r'okun, ara o r'adie. Inconvenience to one is inconvenience to all. Let Nigerians grow above tribalism and nepotism.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 22, 2015
Nigerians are so laughable.We're the cause of our misfortune because we misplace priority.You can't hate a particular tribe and still expect them to answer one Nigeria;it's certainly a mirage.With the way things are going in this counry,I foresee a terrible war in the nearest future because we lie to ourselves by claiming we are one Nigeria.What legal power does a Deji have to stop people from doing business?This' twenty first century for crying out loud,the Yorubas and Igbos are taking this tribal war too far.
kingzizzy:
This is absolute nonsense. The Deji of Akure has no right to dictate to Igbos how to conduct their cultural affairs. What business of his is it? He may have the right to decide who can wear a crown in his palace but he has no right to dethrone anybody. Does he he think he is dealing with his fellow Yorubas here? This is laughable
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 22, 2015
Astonvanquish:
am Yoruba the Oba has no right to lock people's shops no matter where they are from,am not a subject of any king, I hate monarchy this is a republican society no man has the divine right to stop others from doing their work,to be honest our so called traditional rulers has done more harm than good to our society at large.

'traditional rulers has'

OLODO like you. that's why you can't speak good English.

2 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by QueenEdna(f): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2015
What Nonsense ? I dont seee how that Ezeigbo title is affectn ds oba oo, he shud jst tk a chill jare..
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by sinkhole: 8:27am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:

U guys get mouth die, can you say that in Bauchi, Sokoto, Katsina etc?

5 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Harycj: 8:28am On Oct 22, 2015
emmalexabl:
Is the apoplogy only on 9ja stations ??

what if we apologise on CNN.,BBC or may be AL-JAZEERA...

This yoruba monarchs are all clowns.

BIAFRA IS ALREADY HERE...

True talk bro.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 22, 2015
LordMecuzy:
AlaOwerri

Nwa Olenu? Bembestic grin grin grin grin
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nature129(m): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:
This is absolute nonsense. The Deji of Akure has no right to dictate to Igbos how to conduct their cultural affairs. What business of his is it? He may have the right to decide who can wear a crown in his palace but he has no right to dethrone anybody. Does he he think he is dealing with his fellow Yorubas here? This is laughable

Stop ranting. If you are in someone's land, you must learn to respect their customs and traditions. Stubborn people like you are the reasons Igbos are problems everywhere they go.

How can a Yoruba man come to my village and be giving his people chieftaincy titles and you expect me to keep quiet? Sorry, I will not.

Igbos must learn their limits every we go and face the consequences of our actions. I keep wondering what an Igbo man is doing in Akure of all places. Well, since we have chosen to remain stupid by moving in thousands out of the East to live and develop other people's lands, and leave ours undeveloped, we must learn to respect their customs and conditions, period.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lastpage: 8:29am On Oct 22, 2015
Godsonkemz:

I'm quite disappointed that a closest brother who suppose to share a common interest with us is going against us. We regard you Ibibios as brothers in our land and transact biz with all fairness but some of u guys like u see us as strangers in ur land and envy our progress. U must've eaten the forbidden fruit from Yoruba people.

Gerrout joor!
shocked shocked
Everybody envies you?

Like you are "American Dollar", abi?

Delusional, egocentric Ingrates. angry angry

Go open the Shop naa, make we see.
grin grin

Lastpage!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by bigerboy200: 8:29am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:
U are jes ranting... hw can u disrespect an oba and expect not to hav consequences D youths of Akure only decided to look away from dat mess ur Eze did..if not,all d shops on Arakale street would know no peace...

2 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by jaxxy(m): 8:30am On Oct 22, 2015
arewafederation:

After the usual arrogance exhibited by the "Eze-flatthead", one would expect an outright expulsion of all Ibo traders to their erosion ravaged lands, but the Oba is willing to forgive the ibos with these very mild conditions. grin

Deji of Akure is a very merciful Oba. grin grin

Ohaneze Ndigbo should reciprocate this kind gesture by sending at least 1000 redcap wrapper-tying Chiefs from SE to come prostrate and show appreciation to the Oba for averting a possible population explosion in the South East.

Bt I heard the Deji of akure collected good money 4rm them to bring about d Eze indingbo title in akure so all is somewhat a hypocrisy to an extent.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by focus7: 8:30am On Oct 22, 2015
This is a good one for the arrogant people, if they don't like it they could as well pack their loads and return back to their place. These are the same people that will not as much as accommodate people in their land and they will still go to other peoples land and disrespect them.

4 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Ephemmm: 8:31am On Oct 22, 2015
truefact:
Fetishes yorubas claims all the goodie goodies. Diabolical yorubas claims sophistication and progressive, then

Why do yorubas still want be in the same country with violent-illiterate hausa-fulani?

Why do yorubas still want to be with uncultured igbos?

What is wrong with yorubas?
Or are yorubas simply living on lies?

You don't want to be associated with other tribes all in the name of Biafra and you are still trooping into the lands of such tribes en-masse conducting business activities: son-of-wanderer! this is ironical.

7 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by proxillin(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2015
tete7000:
The appropriateness of these sanctions? I really don't know. Apology in three daily newspapers? Really? To what end? It's like carrying a truck to crush an ant. We are all Nigerians. As much as I am a Yoruba and will want the Ibos to show more respect to Yoruba culture, I don't believe anyone has a right to ostracise another Nigerian living anywhere in the land. The constitution guarantees freedom of living for all Nigerians everywhere and nowhere in the constitution says the monarch can take such right away from any tribe on ground as this. Governor ought to have done more than he did. Let us all give peace a chance. Orun n ya bo, ki s'oro enikan. Adie ba l'okun, ara o r'okun, ara o r'adie. Inconvenience to one is inconvenience to all. Let Nigerians grow above tribalism and nepotism.

[size=15pt]Obas have constitutional power to rule over monarchical entities e.g. Eze-ndigbo, Serikin-Sabo, Bale e.t.c

Maybe you need to do a little reading. I read comments here where people saying rubbish about constitution.

Obas/Emirs have constitutional powers...infact they head customary courts. Customary court is part of Nigerian Judiciary system.

I come from a Royal family...thats why I know these little things
[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by texazzpete(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2015
liberty300:

You don't pick a fight with the igbos and win.

That explains the Civil War, I suppose.

/s

4 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by nightmile: 8:31am On Oct 22, 2015
Alexander001:
I don't think anybody is hindering any tribe from dominating in igboland, the question is " will you be able to do that?

Go to the cursed east to do what? When the owners are running away from home. Your land is barren .

6 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Alexander001(m): 8:32am On Oct 22, 2015
krispycash:
bro as much as I respect every tribe in the country, I would ask one question, are the yoruba community heads called Baale in ibo land. ..??
That which u cannot to yourself do not do it to another.... SW n SE are in the same country but do not go to another man's house to insult his family... irrespective of what ever may have provoked the situation... takes the bigger man to overlook situations just so peace can reign...
If it can't happen in igboland then it shouldn't happen in Yoruba land.
if you're prosperous in igboland, irrespective of your tribe or state the igbo's around you would start calling you the number one representative of that tribe in which ever state. igbo's don't feel insecure about anything. have you seen any igbo traditional ruler running to the media to give conditions for any tribe to live with them. I hardly comment on any tribal page bt insecurity and inferiority complex is the worst tormentor of man. why picking up a fight at the first place? did the so called ezendigbo in akure challenge ur authority? it's ezendigbo in akure nt Ezeakure 1in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Armed Soldier Preaching In A Military Church In North East / Ekiti Election: INEC Official Wounded By Thugs (Photo) / CharlyBoy Writes Open Letter To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.