Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria (28471 Views)

How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / "Women Against Feminism Or Women Against Women": A Feminist View / Women In STEM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
coogar:

the same frail grass addled brain destroyed your entire existence in one swift move. the grass addled brain undressed you in public & it exposed your cluelessness when it comes to your country's constitution! if anything, my brain commingles brilliance with wits. cool

My very first post on this topic showed my ignorance of the law so your addled brain should look again to see which existence it destoyed.

oh shut it, will you?
you have rambled the entire day with a stultifying dullness over a little difference. i have given you a scenario where the woman does not even get punished whilst the man gets 14 years.......i expect you to carry a placard tomorrow and protest against this injustice.

captain "save-a-hoe" - the floor is yours. grin

I have told you to report to the mods if it so pains you. For someone who wants to see the law unchanged you seem to be eager to see some action, effects of your grass dulled brain?

6 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
LordReed:

Okay so if a man is slapped what is that, felony or misdemeanor?
Have you heard of a case where a man goes to make a report that he was slapped, just a slap and nothing else? cheesy
That's women bizniz right there... grin

However, for sake of appearances...let's assume that this slap was soooo darn severe that it caused physical injury/bodily harm on the man's face or maybe resulted in a concussion (same goes if it's a woman that was slapped), this clause satisfies it:
CHAPTER 29

355. Any person who unlawfully assaults another and thereby does him harm is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for three years.

Note that (355) is gender-neutral, regardless that the word 'him' is used...in case that's what you'll start calling discrimination again gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2015
crackhaus:

Have you heard of a case where a man goes to make a report that he was slapped, just a slap and nothing else? cheesy
That's women bizniz right there... grin

However, for sake of appearances...let's assume that this slap was soooo darn severe that it caused physical injury/bodily harm on the man's face or maybe resulted in a concussion (same goes if it's a woman that was slapped), this clause satisfies it:

Note that (355) is gender-neutral, regardless that the word 'him' is used...in case that's what you'll start calling discrimination again gringrin

So in other words if a man is slapped and it does not do any injury he cannot press charges?

5 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by coogar: 10:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
LordReed:

My very first post on this topic showed my ignorance of the law so your addled brain should look again to see which existence it destoyed.

there's no excuse of ignorance in law.....
if you are this old & yet you are clueless on issues like the constitution of your own country then your entire formal education is a waste of resources. your sponsors should have used the funds in cocoa business. then again, if you are ignorant of the law, what the fück are you doing on a thread that is intellectually out of your league?

hmmmm-----in your bid to "save-a-hoe", you wandered into a territory where your types don't belong. you are a prey in this habitat, go home and re-educate yourself. stop jumping at any thread that puts men against women. they don't need your help. the women can fight for themselves. cheesy

I have told you to report to the mods if it so pains you. For someone who wants to see the law unchanged you seem to be eager to see some action, effects of your grass dulled brain?

which yeye action?
i am playing your words back to you. if you can make close to 30 comments over a miserable 1 year punishment, you should burn few courthouses for a 14-year punishment, isn't it? cheesy grin

you don enter trouble today. i'm going to torment you till your nose bleeds. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
LordReed:

[s]
There are enough references to know whether I change my stance on issues when I get more information or not however I cannot say the same for you, care to prove me wrong?

Whether you are tormented by this or that is irrelevant but instead of facing the topic squarely you indulge in self-denial and grammatical acrobats that have no point other than to obscure the discussion.[/s] Who/what stops you from screaming discrimination? [s]And if you point some other discrimination does it dramatically erase the others?[/s]
Take a breath bro, the tension and antagonism from your argument with coogar is starting to spill into your replies to me... gringrin

In response to your question, refer to this bit in my earlier post:
I never called it discriminatory because I know better, and also because I really don't care if male sentences are typically longer than females' - I'm not eternally tormented by the idea that my gender is being discriminated against...

It isn't a matter of who/what stops me from screaming discrimination, it's just a matter of me not screaming discrimination because of what I put in bold for you from my earlier post.

Clear enough? grin

5 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
LordReed:

So in other words if a man is slapped and it does not do any injury he cannot press charges?
I don't know, because I'm yet to hear of a case of a man pressing charges for being slapped. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
coogar:

there's no excuse of ignorance in law.....
if you are this old & yet you are clueless on issues like the constitution of your own country then your entire formal education is a waste of resources. your sponsors should have used the funds in cocoa business. then again, if you are ignorant of the law, what the fück are you doing on a thread that is intellectually out of your league?

hmmmm-----in your bid to "save-a-hoe", you wandered into a territory where your types don't belong. you are a prey in this habitat, go home and re-educate yourself. stop jumping at any thread that puts men against women. they don't need your help. the women can fight for themselves. cheesy

which yeye action?
i am playing your words back to you. if you can make close to 30 comments over a miserable 1 year punishment, you should burn few courthouses for a 14-year punishment, isn't it? cheesy grin

you don enter trouble today. i'm going to torment you till your nose bleeds. cheesy

Unlike you I am not afraid to say I do not know about something. If you think admitting ignorance and seeking more information is bad then you are the biggest of ignoramuses.

Torment yourself, I am not moved by your words.

6 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
crackhaus:

Take a breath bro, the tension and antagonism from your argument with coogar is starting to spill into your replies to me... gringrin

In response to your question, refer to this bit in my earlier post:

It isn't a matter of who/what stops me from screaming discrimination, it's just a matter of me not screaming discrimination because of what I put in bold for you from my earlier post.

Clear enough? grin

And I stated that what you put in bold has no bearing on the discussion. Your lack of empathy cannot negate the subject matter.

5 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by coogar: 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2015
LordReed:

Unlike you I am not afraid to say I do not know about something. If you think admitting ignorance and seeking more information is bad then you are the biggest of ignoramuses.

there you go again with your single digit IQ. when you don't know about something, you listen more and type less. learn from those who know and keep quiet.

you assumed the role of a raconteur when it's clear as daylight you aren't even clued up on the subject we are discussing. many people don't know like you but they are in the background learning.

however, in your bid to "save-a-hoe", you have offered yourself as a sacrificial lamb to a predator like coogar. i have even lost appetite to eat you any further. if i am going to devour a prey, i'd rather it's a smart prey. i am scared your flesh could infect me with your cluelessness. grin

Torment yourself, I am not moved by your words.

this is you right now.....NL's one & only captain "save-a-hoe".

11 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2015
crackhaus:

I don't know, because I'm yet to hear of a case of a man pressing charges for being slapped. cheesy

So if hypothetically a man wanted to press charges for a slap, say just to make his attacker suffer the consequences and he has witnesses willing to testify on his behalf, are you saying he cannot?

5 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
coogar:

there you go again with your single digit IQ. when you don't know about something, you listen more and type less. learn from those who know and keep quiet.

you assumed the role of a raconteur when it's clear as daylight you aren't even clued up on the subject we are discussing. many people don't know like you but they are in the background learning.

however, in your bid to "save-a-hoe", you have offered yourself as a sacrificial lamb to a predator like coogar. i have even lost appetite to eat you any further. if i am going to devour a prey, i'd rather it's a smart prey. i am scared your could infect me with your cluelessness. grin

As I said before report me to the mods because I won't keep quiet. I will challenge any idea I do not agree with and no amount of vaunted boasting will change that. Predator my ass.

5 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by coogar: 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
LordReed:

As I said before report me to the mods because I won't keep quiet. I will challenge any idea I do not agree with and no amount of vaunted boasting will change that. Predator my ass.

how can you challenge what you don't agree with when you have already admitted you are ignorant of the law? cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
coogar:

how can you challenge what you don't agree with when you have already admitted you are ignorant of the law? cheesy grin

Your grass addled brain won't let you think would it? The laws are not available to be read online again abi? Paper coogar.

5 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
Shege. Coogar and Crackhaus representing.

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
laide4:
Lordreed, stop wasting your time in a fruitless argument.
They'll brandish you captain-save-a-hoe and other sorts of vile names and one would think they will hate on any female who supports them.

Hypocrisy! In their deluded mind, they are the extraordinary perfect beings.
These guys are bitter. gringrin

Ediot, counter their arguments with intelligence or remain a spectator.

8 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by coogar: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
LordReed:

Your grass addled brain won't let you think would it? The laws are not available to be read online again abi? Paper coogar.

unfortunately, you put the cart before the horse. next time, read the laws online. cover all grounds before coming to a public forum to expose your ignorance. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
laide4:

These guys are bitter. gringrin

It must be part of the reason, anyone who disagrees with them is an enemy and must be "destroyed". Like there is some kind of trophy or something to be won here.

6 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
laide4:

Op's post is self explanatory.
Only Ediots run in circles.
No time! undecided

Francesca, sorry for quoting you in the first place. I didn't known it was you. Please carry on.

3 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
coogar:

unfortunately, you put the cart before the horse. next time, read the laws online. cover all grounds before coming to a public forum to expose your ignorance. cool

Sue me if e pain you.

3 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by coogar: 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
Timbuktou:

Francesca, sorry for quoting you in the first place. I didn't known it was you. Please carry on.

so laide4 is francistony again? grin
no wonder he cannot overcome the simple task of gaining admission into a nigerian university. he spends 90% of his day creating alternate monikers. grin

10 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
coogar:

so laide4 is francistony again? grin
no wonder he cannot overcome the simple task of gaining admission into a nigerian university. he spends 90% of his day creating alternate monikers. grin

Nna, someone just told me that offline grin. I almost knocked myself on the head for quoting shim.

6 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 11:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
TV01:

Real good effort here Cracky. Some of the most erudite minds of their era did not sit down gleefully looking to codify the oppression of women into the constitution.

The very worst they would have done is capture what was already generally accepted in society - point in question being things about spousal unions and the marital estate.

Trawling through the constitution and then wilfully or ignorantly mis-ascribing discriminatory intent is the purview of a troubled mind. Like I noted, the law - for better or worse - evolves. Under appeal, any such blatantly discriminatory law would be repealed.

That is in part the confoundingly obtuse confusion of feminism. Always playing the victim, always bleating on about rights - yet totally neglecting responsibilities - and always looking to villify men as misogynist, whilst demanding the same men give in to their unthinking demands. Did anyone even look to see if any women were involved in framing the constitution?

The force is with you Sir TV as usual. grin

The only reason I am on this thread is to kill the impression that a group of people gathered to pen down a constitution which deliberately discriminates against women.. cheesy
I mean, how absurd is that?
Why would anyone with a functioning brain even think this? gringrin

For the underlined, about if women were involved in framing the constitution...which I actually have been waiting for someone among these people screaming discrimination, to mention.

This is the little I know:
After the 5th Pan-African Conference took place in Manchester on 15th-21st October 1945, most African nations under colonial rule started yearning for independence. Obafemi Awolowo and Jaja Wachuku were the Nigerians present there.
Other notable Africans present before they became notable of course, are, Kwame Nkrumah (Ghana), Jomo Kenyatta (Kenya), Hastings Banda (Malawi), Peter Abrahams (South Africa).

In July 1947, delegates chosen from the legislative members in the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC) arrived in London to push the motion for self-government of Nigeria.
Among these delegates were three very important persons namely:

1.) Jaja A. Wachuku, a lawyer;
- First speaker of the house
- First foreign affairs minister
- First ambassador to the UN.

2.) Prince Adedoyin;
Not much info on him.

3.) Funmi Ransome-Kuti, activist;
- Founder of Nigerian Women's Union
- Mother of Fela
- First woman to drive a car

Clearly, a woman, a highly intelligent women-activist no less, was part of the delegation that pushed for self-government.
Whether she was sitting in parliament the day the constitution was revised is something I can't say for sure.
However, that a woman was even involved in all this is something worth mentioning...deliberate discrimination would be almost if not impossible. gringrin

7 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
The irrelevant ignored bitter fool with no job to his name save for wandering on Nairaland to argue with women won't stop mentioning my name on every thread.
Am I this special? gringrin
Get a job ASAP to engage your jobless self, you redundant half-wit.

E no go better for anybody wey do this thing to you. cry
You are cursed beyond measure.
No Nairaland female is responsible for your woes.
Useless flatulent buncum! cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by coogar: 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
Timbuktou:

Nna, someone just told me that offline grin. I almost knocked myself on the head for quoting shim.

shim needs to get a job. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 11:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
LordReed:

So if hypothetically a man wanted to press charges for a slap, say just to make his attacker suffer the consequences and he has witnesses willing to testify on his behalf, are you saying he cannot?
You and your akara seller logic though...

I said I don't know as I haven't heard a of a man reporting a case of being slapped... gringrin

I never said he cannot, I said I haven't seen/heard...
Have you? Shior... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by francis18: 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
FrancisTony:
The irrelevant ignored bitter fool with no job to his name save for wandering on Nairaland to argue with women won't stop mentioning my name on every thread.
Am I this special? gringrin
Get a job ASAP to engage your jobless self, you redundant half-wit.
E no go better for anybody wey do this thing to you. cry
You are cursed beyond measure.
No Nairaland female is responsible for your woes.
Useless flatulent buncum! cheesy

Do u hv one? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
transgendered loser nd lonely,creating multiple moniker 2 bash people he can neva be lik dem only on nairaland.
u aare a goat,slowpoke nd a loser.
u r cursed,ur mother is curse,your grandmother is even curse more 4 allowing ur ashawo of a mother to meet ur oliburuku ofa father 2 hav a child lik u.
U will continu 2 fail in life becoz u moke GOD.pretentious idiotic christian,u know nothing abt God becoz u ar very bitter.ur situation will never be good.cursed child.You will die in ur miserable existence.die loser,die loser.
continu liking ur post.only 3 people in dis thread lik ur comments,we will see 15 likes nd one wonder where the pople who liked it?
how many r we here?u see how dumb nd despefrate u r,nd i am not surprised,u r a low life.

2 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by francis18: 11:45pm On Oct 24, 2015
bring the laide4 moniker u idiot francistony,let go dere.

2 Likes

Re: Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria by crackhaus: 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2015
LordReed:

And I stated that what you put in bold has no bearing on the discussion. Your lack of empathy cannot negate the subject matter.
Lmao... cheesycheesy

Someone asks me if I consider something discriminatory, I replied accordingly but with safe-guards...he then says my safe-guards have no bearing on the discussion.
Is it by force to call it discrimination? cheesy

Is it my fault that you failed to follow the tone of my post? gringrin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)

My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy / How Paternity Fraud Is Finding Its Way Into Northern Nigeria / Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.