Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (668012 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by shizzy7(f): 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
Kemi Adeosun makes non-oil revenue top priority.

http://m.ft.com/cms/s/0/ed7107d8-8c57-11e5-a549-b89a1dfede9b.html.

I don't know how she is going to achieve that because she needs the collaboration of other ministries like agriculture.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Katsumoto: 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

I agree with the regional party thing,thats what catalonia did earlier this year,they voted a regional party into the parliament,with the sole purpose of pushing for seccession.Western Nigeria can do the same,and our purpose should be Regionalism.

Catalonia is going no where; you can vote a regional party into power but it will never have the votes at the center to get secession. Also the other rich regions in Spain don't have the appetite for breaking the country up. The EU has also warned Catalonia that it will not have membership.

So an Odua only party getting to the center can't outvote the other regions.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Katsumoto: 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
oyb:

we are cool ; and sweating in night traffic jams

long time no see, and hope you will spend at least two weeks with us before going on another 3 month hiatus cheesy

grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
Shymm3x:

I actually thought she just turned the noun "coconut" (a derogatory word for a black person that acts white) into an adjective. grin So, Ilekeh, you called me a "blockhead", no? - Diarisgod!!! grin

I'm like that and I'm sure the majority of folks on this forum don't like me. I just catch fun on here how I can. It's basically like in the real world as well. Though I'm more reserved, most folks that don't know me always think I'm arrogant/snobbish and they believe I think I'm better than everyone cos you'll never catching me smiling or watching people. And I seldom talk as well. However, once they get to know me - they know I'm a different animal, the type of guy you just can't hate.

My life's just simple and straight-forward...I don't take life seriously and I don't care about anything. I'm just like Mark Twain with a remix. The ideal life to me is about: good friends, good books, hustling,beautiful women, and a sleepy conscience. grin

Nothing do you my Duke! We all cannot br the same.or have same energy or outlook. No one can deny your brilliance and passion for your beliefs. You are a total package, simple!

What people need to understand is you grew up in an environment where such free display of personality is the expected. Children brought up in Nigeria are groomed to have a consciousness of self and to censor emotional displays publicly. Parents don't always succeed in that mission and out of four children there will be the one exception to the rule. Similarly for children brought up abroad where liberty of expression and display of ego is the norm, there will be exceptiins and we get Tokunbos that are shy and withdrawn.

Guys leave Duke to do his thing....

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
I am not in support of aligning with a new party, the first response when something isn't working as it is supposed to be is,retooling & fixing it & not DiSCARDING it to move on to the next, how many are we going to sample ??

Even if some people manage to come together as osomalo wishes, who will front it ?, what will be the objective? Will it meet the aspirations of our people?

What sort of ideology will it posture in this strangulating money backed political landscape that pervades the present day Nigeria.

Until we are on our own like ilekehd is alluding to, it should be a plan kept on ice..

As for our ministerial appointees, Baba Osoba made a reference that resonated with me, it was same I was discussing wit my mama..

If Fashola can patch up (fixing is not possible for now) the trouble spots on major highways in just Sounthern Nigeria before 20th of Dec & people don't spend hours in traffic or even sleep on the roads, he has done 25% of the Job..

We Nigerians don't ask for much , just things to make life easier...

Wish baba Osoba didn't involve himself with that SDP ish, He lost it ALL & some more!!! sad
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by devilishM: 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
XBLadez:
[s][/s]
Useless bastard! Always playing the victim. I thought you call yourself the devil. Why can't you display your long forks and tail

Lalasticlala, Seun, Obinoscopy. Please do the needful, the little boy is still posting.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Who got voted out?...who gets blasted on a daily basis?.

That's the larger scheme of things. You don't see people blaming GEJ for specific job posts.

shizzy7:
Kemi Adeosun makes non-oil revenue top priority.
http://m.ft.com/cms/s/0/ed7107d8-8c57-11e5-a549-b89a1dfede9b.html.

I don't know how she is going to achieve that because she needs the collaboration of other ministries like agriculture.

Now we're talking. Which non-oil sectors?

If other ministries don't collaborate,s he should focus on SW agencies who are focused on non-oil resources. I just don't understand Nigeria, why won't other ministries want to increase non-oil revenues?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Katsumoto: 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
IlekeHD:
[size=18pt]Allocation of key ministerial portfolios to Yoruba extraction, a big challenge — Osoba[/size]

Aare, I'll personally like for us to discuss this. I know Gbawe counts this portfolios a bless, but ....... someone else claimed that it's a smart move on Buhari's part to make the South work [and take any potential blame].

@Shymmex, Katsumoto, modath, TerraCotta, StuntingBlack, oyb, etc

What is your take on this little exposure?
I do not believe there is an ulterior motive on Buhari's part.

He assigned the biggest ministeries/jobs to Fashola who is widely acknowledged as the best administrator in the country. It is for the likes of Fashola to seize the opportunity. If Fashola can deliver on Power and works throughout the nation, I don't see why he won't be the best option in 2019.

My prayer is that Fashola OVER-DELIVERS. And with the ish coming from Ambode, Fashola should have that motivation to deliver.

If Fashola delivers, both Fashola and Buhari get the plaudits and similarly if Fashola messes up both Fashola and Buhari will get the abuse.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
Katsumoto:

Catalonia is going no where; you can vote a regional party into power but it will never have the votes at the center to get secession. Also the other rich regions in Spain don't have the appetite for breaking the country up. The EU has also warned Catalonia that it will not have membership.

I guess you dont understand what the catalans plan to do,they'll simply keep protesting on the floor of the parliament,Little by little pressure would be mounted on the govt to prove that it is actually running a democracy,A referendum would eventually be passed,besides the Basque region also support catalonia (They also attempted to secced),About EU,they'll surely recognize catalonia,it might just take time.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
Katsumoto:

Thank you!!!

if the the sole purpose of Oduah party is to get regionalism, they won't have the power to outvote other regions. Then the SW gets sidelined again.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2015
Who posted chinua ashebe picture up there
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
This is what happens when you have no control over your business

When we tell him to fix his panties,folks will tell us to stop being rude
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tupacshakur(m): 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2015
Shymm3x:

I have got a chic for you, my nyggah.

I think she's Yoruba...let me tag her @nikkygal.

Shymmex ti di Alarina. grin

Shymmex baba! The babe go gree for me so?

I just skimmed through her recent posts and she seems smart. My kind of girl.

Nikkygal, a kii yin o...Eku irole.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
Katsumoto:

I do not believe there is an ulterior motive on Buhari's part.

He assigned the biggest ministeries/jobs to Fashola who is widely acknowledged as the best administrator in the country. It is for the likes of Fashola to seize the opportunity. If Fashola can deliver on Power and works throughout the nation, I don't see why he won't be the best option in 2019.

My prayer is that Fashola OVER-DELIVERS. And with the ish coming from Ambode, Fashola should have that motivation to deliver.

If Fashola delivers, both Fashola and Buhari get the plaudits and similarly if Fashola messes up both Fashola and Buhari will get the abuse.

Nigeria is not Lagos. We're talking about multiple ministries in an underdeveloped country.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
Katsumoto:

Mayor

This is a great idea; why did you think it would be unpopular. This idea shouldn't apply to Osun alone; all SW states can adopt this idea. One of the reasons why communities stay poor is because governments don't spend the proceeds of loans on indigenes preferring to award contracts to external 3rd parties who will come and execute projects and then leave with funds. But current politicians will not adopt this because they wont be able to inflate contracts exorbitantly.

But current politicians will not adopt this because they wont be able to inflate contracts exorbitantly.

Katz, you will never corner me in your traps...I plan ahead before I interchange with you. grin. grin

Beside, I have a question for you on Kiriji.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Allosaurus: 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ikpu nkita! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by shizzy7(f): 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
IlekeHD:

Nigeria is not Lagos. We're talking about multiple ministries in an underdeveloped country.
Of course, he is not going to do everything alone. He will get the right team or committee of people he trusts and he will do his best.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
MayorofLagos:

But current politicians will not adopt this because they wont be able to inflate contracts exorbitantly.

Katz, you will never corner me in your traps...I plan ahead before I interchange with you. grin. grin

Beside, I have a question for you on Kiriji.

grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Allosaurus: 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hmm....hidden posts
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Allosaurus: 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
XBLadez:
[s][/s]

Your cheap slut of a sister with series of abortion, IlekeHD, went to an Igbo thread and pasted her ewedu pictures everywhere. You scar-faced hypocrites didn't see it. I've not even started and you're crying undecided
Kwaaaakwakwakwakwakwaaaa!!! grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Scatterboss(m): 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
zimoni:

You and shymmex ehnn

Hope you have seen the BEADs? If she catch you ehnnn

And, have you seen my big head too?

I'm missing Eggheader and his Oodua Insurgency Crew, they called themselves Oodua Insurgents/Oodua Armed Forces. GeneralScatter/Scatterboss was their Chief of Defence Staff lols. The dudes went to develop a software to spy on igbo e-warriors. Last year was interesting, it was full of laughter from jan to dec.

I will go to DAWN office when I go to Ile-Ife late this month or next month.

Long time bro, Thank God for this thread, will have to go start from Page 1, its nice seeing our old vets here discussing on the progress of our land. God bless Yorubaland.

Odua Agbe wa o.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.