Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg (39554 Views)

Fashola Inspects Wharf Road, Apapa, Other Selected Roads In Lagos / 99% Of Schools And Roads In Ogun Are Bad, worst state / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by eunisam: 11:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
nice
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SkyBlue1: 11:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rossikk:

Oil only counts for anything if you have a tiny population like UAE or Kuwait. Else it really means nothing. 170 million people in Nigeria export less oil and have less oil reserves than UAE with a population of 9 million. That is why UAE can have a 'Dubai', and everyone there can ride a mercedes. What Nigeria needs to do (and IS doing) is diversify her income sources, as the oil receipts, even without corruption, are negligible when we consider our huge population. And, sorry, you MUST mention colonialism or you're being ignorant. Every nation has a history, which influences its current state. If colonialism is part of that history, it has to be discussed, or you're being ignorant.

And there you go again with the condescending tone. Did not say ignore colonialism, said poor governance and bad leadership has had a major role to play with the lvel of underdevelopment in Nigeria, and not everything should be blamed on colonialism.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 12:04am On Oct 26, 2015
SkyBlue1:

But oil does make a difference. Not as much as in countries with small populations true, but still consider that majority of government spending is from oil money and you understand the point being made, heck you're even making my point for me by going on about diversificastion. Nigeria has not taken advantages of the the opportunities it has had in the past, a lot of wasted opportunities has meant the country is nowhere as developed as it could have been under better leadership and governance

Do you think ''better leadership and governance'' drops from the sky? Or you think people are born with it? Nigeria is where it is at because of its HISTORY. Or are you saying God created us differently from other people? If so, then you are delving in the waters of esoteric superstition, inferiority complex and tomfoolery.

Where a nation stands at any moment is where its history has placed it. If there was bad governance, it was because of our history. We were lumped together, various ethnicities, almost deliberately to fail. Consequently we suffered disunity, civil war, coups, military rule, nepotism, tribalism etc etc. Our 50 years or so of independence have not been enough time to correct those dysfunctionalities. Which is why we are still a developing nation. These are NATURAL effects of how we arose out of history. Things do not just happen. They happen for a reason. People like you just look at Brazil, or maybe Germany, and just think, ''Why can't we be like them? Something must be wrong with us!'' Is Germany's history the same as yours? Is Brazil's history the same as yours? Is Japan's history the same as yours?

You also need to stop confusing people's understandable disappointments at the nation's progress and the way they might express that disappointment with inferiority complex. It is patronising.

It IS inferiority complex if you are unwilling to examine the reasons for your nations' situation in a rational manner that doesn't assume that something is inherently wrong with the people of your country, or your race.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SPOPOVICH: 12:19am On Oct 26, 2015
u didnt have to mention SA, many countries in SSA are more devoped than naija.

and why are people bashing congo, did you see the All Africa games, i dont think nigeria is more developed than Congo.

DRC would probably be far ahead of naija if it was colonized by the british instead of Leopolds Belgium.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SkyBlue1: 12:26am On Oct 26, 2015
Rossikk:

Do you think ''better leadership and governance'' drops from the sky? Or you think people are born with it? Nigeria is where it is at because of its HISTORY. Or are you saying God created us differently from other people? If so, then you are delving in the waters of esoteric superstition, inferiority complex and tomfoolery.

Where a nation stands at any moment is where its history has placed it. If there was bad governance, it was because of our history. We were lumped together, various ethnicities, almost deliberately to fail. Consequently we suffered civil wars, coups, military rule, nepotism, tribalism etc etc. Our 50 years or so of independence have not been enough time to correct those dysfunctionalities. Which is why we are still a developing nation. These are NATURAL effects of how we arose out of history. Things do not just happen. They happen for a reason. People like you just look at Brazil, or maybe Germany, and just think, ''Why can't we be like them? Something must be wrong with us!'' Is Germany's history the same as yours? Is Brazil's history the same as yours? Is Japan's history the same as yours?

It IS inferiority complex if you are unwilling to examine the reasons for your nations' situation in a rational manner that doesn't assume that something is inherently wrong with the people of your country, or your race.

Spare yourself the pain of conjecturing on what "people like me" think and focus on the points raised. I did not mention Germany or Japan or other such countries so why the headache? I did not say we should ignore history so again no need for that patronising and totally unecessary essay on the importance of history. I did not say something is inherently "wrong" with Nigerians so again, spare me the sermon it is tiring and unoriginal. I only pointed out what I still stand by, that with better government (which you have been so kind enough to teach us doesn't fall from the sky), Nigeria would be much more developed than it is. The country has missed opportunities for progress and that has had a huge impact on the level of underdevelopment we see, and no it isn't solely down to colonialism. I am sure if people go out next election cycle and sell their votes for a cup of rice you would solely blame it on colonialism. I just don't share your own brand of patriotism which says take no responsibility for your actions and blame everything on colonialism (in big text while you're at it).

4 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Laird(m): 12:29am On Oct 26, 2015
I AM A MEDICAL DOCTOR AND I CAN BOLDLY SAY

NIGERIA IS A FAILED COUNTRY

NO STEADY ELECTRICITY

NO GOOD ROADS

SLUMS AND GHETTOS

NO GOOD HOSPITALS

STEALING OF REVENUE BY POLITICIANS

LEADERS AND PEOPLE PURPOSELY IMPOVERISHING THEIR PEOPLE

POLITICAL AND WORKER EXPLOITATION BY POLITICIANS AND EMPLOYERS

NO GOOD PUBLIC HOSPITALS

NO FREE OR VERY CHEAP HEALTH COVERAGE

NO GOOD SALARIES FOR DOCTORS, NURSES,PHARMACISTS, LAB SCIENTISTS, POLICEMEN, TEACHERS, STREET CLEANERS, SEWAGE AND WASTE DISPOSAL WORKERS

HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT

HIGH COST OF DOING BUSINESS.BRIBERY, CORRUPTION

HIGH LEVEL OF POVERTY

INSUFFICIENT NUMBER OF UNIVERSITIES

POOR QUALITY OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS

EVEN MANY RICH PEOPLES CHILDREN LEAVE AND DO NOT PERMANENTLY RESIDE

EVEN DOCTORS ARE LOOKING FOR GOOD JOBS

NIGERIA CANNOT DEVELOP IN THE NEXT 20 YEARS EXCEPT LED BY A WHITEMAN

STEALING OF TAX AND OIL AND REVENUE MEANT FOR INFRASTRUCTURE AND PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS LIKE SCHOOLS, HOSPITALS, ROADS, PENSION, GOOD SALARIES BY POLITICIANS, TOP GOVERNMENT BRASS, TRADITIONAL RULERS, BUSINESSMEN,

NIGERIA IS ONLY ENJOYED BY THE SUPER RICH...
GOVERNMENT, POLITICAL THIEVES, BIG TIME BUSINESS MEN, TOP CIVIL SERVANTS, PEOPLE
WHO GOT FIXED IN BIG COMPANIES OR SET UP IN BUSINESS BY THEIR PARENTS OR FAMILY MEMBERS, RICH DEVELOPED COUNTRY RETURNEES, CORPORATE CRIMINALS

POOR MORTGAGE SYSTEM BY MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS AND OVEREXPENSIVE HOUSING AND RENTS

95% OF NIGERIANS HAVE LOW PAYING JOBS EVEN FOR PROFESSIONALS

LOW PAYING, UNSECURED, UNCERTAIN, ASS WIPING, ASS KISSING, BOOTLICKING JOBS RESULTING IN NIGERIA'S TALENT AND BRAINS, FOOTBALLERS, SPRINTERS, BOXERS, DOCTORS, ENGINEERS, PHARMACISTS, NURSES AND OTHER PROFESSIONALS LEAVING THE COUNTRY FOR BETTER PAY, BETTER QUALITY OF LIFE

IF BRAIN SURGEON PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE BEN CARSON WERE TO BE BORN PRESENTLY IN NIGERIA TO A CLEANER MOTHER, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A HAWKER OR CONDUCTOR BECAUSE NIGERIA HAS NO STUDENT LOANS FOR POOR STUDENTS TO GO TO SCHOOL

HIGH DEPENCY AND BEGGING RATE BECAUSE IF ONE PERSON IS RICH AMONG 100000 PEOPLE, THAT PERSON WILL EITHER ISOLATE HIMSELF OR BE SUBJECT TO CONSTANT BEGGING

BY THE WAY MY FOLKS ARE VERY WELL TO DO BUT STINGY AND SHARE THE SAME QUALITIES WITH NIGERIA POLITICIANS....GREEDY, STINGY, EXPLOITATIVE, POWER AND MONEY HUNGRY

TRUTH BE SAID

SO I WANT TO LEAVE NIGERIA

EVEN PUBLIC HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATORS ARE CORRUPT

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 12:34am On Oct 26, 2015
SkyBlue1:

Spare yourself the pain of conjecturing on what "people like me" think and focus on the points raised. I did not mention Germany or other such countries so why the headache? I did not say we should ignore history so again no need for that patronising and totally unecessary essay on the importance of history. I did not say something is inherently "wrong" with Nigerians so again, spare me the sermon it is tiring and unoriginal. I only pointed out what I still stand by, that with better government (which you have been so kind enough to teach us doesn't fall from the sky), Nigeria would be much more developed than it is. The country has missed opportunities for progress and that has had a huge impact on the level of underdevelopment we see, and no it isn't solely down to colonialism. I am sure if people go out next election cycle and sell their votes for a cup of rice you would solely blame it on colonialism. I just don't share your own brand of patriotism.

You lack basic common sense and are clearly afraid to call a spade a spade. COLONIALISM IS PART OF OUR HISTORY WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. The very reason you are a Nigerian is because of colonialism. We have made progress BECAUSE we got rid of colonialism, or else we would be still massively underdeveloped today, going by the impotence of our colonial rulers, who did virtually nothing by way of developing this country. So we thank God for our independence. Why people would sell their votes for a cup of rice? Because of poverty, ignorance, and greed. These are all attributes of a developing state, and hence, state dysfunctionality. We are a dysfunctional state, like most nations on earth. That dysfunctionality arises from our history as a recently independent state with historical challenges. Your reasoning is like a child's. Your desire is to pretend we have no history, and that all nations started off on a clean, equal slate. That warped thinking then gives you leeway to conclude that the fault for our current underdevelopment must lie in our genes. I am here preventing you from reaching such asinine conclusions, which is why you are upset, albeit couching it in fake rational-speak.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SPOPOVICH: 12:39am On Oct 26, 2015
Ollombo international airport- Congo
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SPOPOVICH: 12:45am On Oct 26, 2015
Ollombo International Airport - Congo
better than all nigerias airports.
img405/250/aerop6.png[/img]
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SkyBlue1: 12:48am On Oct 26, 2015
Rossikk:

You lack basic common sense and are clearly afraid to call a spade a spade. COLONIALISM IS PART OF OUR HISTORY WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. The very reason you are a Nigerian is because of colonialism. We have made progress BECAUSE we got rid of colonialism, or else we would be still massively underdeveloped today, going by the impotence of our colonial rulers, who did virtually nothing by way of developing this country. So we thank God for our independence. Why people would sell their votes for a cup of rice? Because of poverty, ignorance, and greed. These are all attributes of state dysfunctionality. We are a dysfunctional state, like most nations on earth. That dysfunctionality arises from our history as a recently independent state with historical challenges. Your reasoning is like a child's. Your desire is to pretend we have no history, and that all nations started off on a clean, equal slate. That warped thinking then gives you leeway to conclude that the fault for our current underdevelopment must lie in our genes. I am here preventing you from reaching such asinine conclusions, which is why you are upset, albeit couching it in fake rational-speak.

Thank you from preventing me from reaching such "asinine conclusions" which I am yet to reach, but you obviously know my thoughts better than I do it seems. Now when you are done with your amusing rants on history of colonialism (which we all agree should not be ignored), educate us at what point the country should start taking responsibility for it's underdevelopment. I will not assume you would reach such an asinine conclusion that proposes we have no responsibility, no I will give you the courtesy of arriving at your own thoughts and perhaps read them tomorrow.

What a child.

6 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 12:58am On Oct 26, 2015
SkyBlue1:

Thank you from preventing me from reaching such "asinine conclusions" which I am yet to reach, but you obviously know my thoughts better than I do it seems. Now when you are done with your amusing rants on history of colonialism (which we all agree should not be ignored), educate us at what point the country should start taking responsibility for it's underdevelopment. I will not assume you would reach such an asinine conclusion that proposes we have no responsibility, no I will give you the courtesy of arriving at your own thoughts and perhaps read them tomorrow.

What a child.

What a charlatan. We have taken responsibility since 1960 and continue to do so. But if you ask me WHY we are where we are today I WILL reel out our history starting at least from 1880 till date. UNLIKE YOU who thinks history is immaterial, and that our problem is our skin colour, race, the colour of the sky, or the moon, or some other (UNSTATED) fault. Why can't you be a man and say what you think is the reason we are not like Japan or Switzerland? Corruption? Tribalism? Ok, WHY are we having such problems? Greed, ignorance? Ok WHY are we having those problems? Answer!! Of course you will have no answer, because giving a reason grants us humanity, which you have been conditioned to deny us.

When people like us discuss the fundamentals behind your nation's dysfunctionality, you close your ears and are insistent on your natural inferiority. Tragic.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SPOPOVICH: 1:21am On Oct 26, 2015
Luanda, Angola - The 'African Miami' (pics)
https://www.nairaland.com/1525621/luanda-angola-african-miami-pics
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 1:21am On Oct 26, 2015
SPOPOVICH:
Ollombo International Airport - Congo

better than all nigerias airports.

You really are not smart at all. You present 100 photos of ONE airport to ''prove'' that DRC is more developed than Nigeria. I mean, is it an IQ issue with some of you? What about their roads? How many functional airports do they have? How many universities do they have? How many megawatts do they generate and distribute? What is the size of their middle class? How fast is it growing? What is their income per capita? These are ways you measure development, not.....this.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SPOPOVICH: 1:31am On Oct 26, 2015
^^^^^^^
thats little congo (brazzaville)

Airport is better than any in naija..
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SPOPOVICH: 1:43am On Oct 26, 2015
and these countries have just come out of civil wars, while naija was enjoying peace.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by chinchum(m): 1:48am On Oct 26, 2015
Rossikk:

You are a complete moro.n and economic illiterate. For your information, you dunce, the Nigerian economy is Africa's largest BY FAR, and it has ABSOLUTELY ZILCH to do with the standard of infrastructure in South Africa. If we are to measure the size of economies by infrastructure, then UAE or Kuwait would easily be the world's largest economies. But India and Pakistan are larger economies than UAE or Kuwait by any measurement, even though you will see levels of deprivation in the former that can never be seen in the latter. USE YOUR dull BRAIN FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE. NITWIT who found himself in South Africa and can't control himself. ''Largest economy'' does not mean ''most advanced'' or ''most developed'', or ''best infrastructure''. It means LARGEST ECONOMY, QED. IGNORANT DULLARDS DROWNING IN INFERIORITY COMPLEX.
your explanation dealt with the OP fallacy.

Largest economy is not necessarily the best infrastructure or the finest or even the best human development index(HDI) .

We must learn to put things in perspective and not sensationalise,
USA is the largest economy in the world, but it does not have the best infrastructure , or the least poverty rate or the best HDI.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SPOPOVICH: 1:59am On Oct 26, 2015
Libreville
24 hours electricity.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 2:03am On Oct 26, 2015
SPOPOVICH:
^^^^^^^
thats little congo (brazzaville)

Airport is better than any in naija..

So what? I could easily get you an airport in Abu Dhabi that beats any airport in Germany or the US. Does that mean UAE is more developed than Germany and the US? Olodo.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by vodkat: 2:09am On Oct 26, 2015
Laird:

NIGERIA IS A FAILED COUNTRY

NO STEADY ELECTRICITY

NO GOOD ROADS

SLUMS AND GHETTOS

NO GOOD HOSPITALS

STEALING OF REVENUE BY POLITICIANS

LEADERS AND PEOPLE PURPOSELY IMPOVERISHING THEIR PEOPLE

POLITICAL AND WORKER EXPLOITATION BY POLITICIANS AND EMPLOYERS

NO GOOD PUBLIC HOSPITALS

NO FREE OR VERY CHEAP HEALTH COVERAGE

NO GOOD SALARIES FOR DOCTORS, NURSES,PHARMACISTS, LAB SCIENTISTS, POLICEMEN, TEACHERS, STREET CLEANERS, SEWAGE AND WASTE DISPOSAL WORKERS

HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT

HIGH COST OF DOING BUSINESS.BRIBERY, CORRUPTION

HIGH LEVEL OF POVERTY

INSUFFICIENT NUMBER OF UNIVERSITIES

POOR QUALITY OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS

EVEN MANY RICH PEOPLES CHILDREN LEAVE AND DO NOT PERMANENTLY RESIDE

EVEN DOCTORS ARE LOOKING FOR GOOD JOBS

STEALING OF TAX AND OIL AND REVENUE MEANT FOR INFRASTRUCTURE AND PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS LIKE SCHOOLS, HOSPITALS, ROADS, PENSION, GOOD SALARIES BY POLITICIANS, TOP GOVERNMENT BRASS, TRADITIONAL RULERS, BUSINESSMEN,

NIGERIA IS ONLY ENJOYED BY THE SUPER RICH...
GOVERNMENT, POLITICAL THIEVES, BIG TIME BUSINESS MEN, TOP CIVIL SERVANTS, PEOPLE
WHO GOT FIXED IN BIG COMPANIES OR SET UP IN BUSINESS BY THEIR PARENTS OR FAMILY MEMBERS, RICH DEVELOPED COUNTRY RETURNEES, CORPORATE CRIMINALS

POOR MORTGAGE SYSTEM BY MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS AND OVEREXPENSIVE HOUSING AND RENTS

95% OF NIGERIANS HAVE LOW PAYING JOBS EVEN FOR PROFESSIONALS

LOW PAYING, UNSECURED, UNCERTAIN, ASS WIPING, ASS KISSING, BOOTLICKING JOBS RESULTING IN NIGERIA'S TALENT AND BRAINS, FOOTBALLERS, SPRINTERS, BOXERS, DOCTORS, ENGINEERS, PHARMACISTS, NURSES AND OTHER PROFESSIONALS LEAVING THE COUNTRY FOR BETTER PAY, BETTER QUALITY OF LIFE

IF BRAIN SURGEON PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE BEN CARSON WERE TO BE BORN PRESENTLY IN NIGERIA TO A CLEANER MOTHER, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A HAWKER OR CONDUCTOR BECAUSE NIGERIA HAS NO STUDENT LOANS FOR POOR STUDENTS TO GO TO SCHOOL

HIGH DEPENCY AND BEGGING RATE BECAUSE IF ONE PERSON IS RICH AMONG 100000 PEOPLE, THAT PERSON WILL EITHER ISOLATE HIMSELF OR BE SUBJECT TO CONSTANT BEGGING

BY THE WAY MY FOLKS ARE VERY WELL TO DO BUT STINGY AND SHARE THE SAME QUALITIES WITH NIGERIA POLITICIANS....GREEDY, STINGY, EXPLOITATIVE, POWER AND MONEY HUNGRY

TRUTH BE SAID

SO I WANT TO LEAVE NIGERIA

EVEN PUBLIC HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATORS ARE CORRUPT

that is the problem and also the whiteman thinks you are a monkey so why prove to them that they are correct?

the whiteman is different becuase he is not always motivated by money and if he is motivated by money he provides value
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 2:10am On Oct 26, 2015
SPOPOVICH:
Libreville

24 hours electricity.

So what? Brazil and India lack 24 hrs electricity. I guess Gabon is more developed than those countries..
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 2:13am On Oct 26, 2015
Laird:

[size=15pt]But Nigeria was ''led by a white man'' from 1897 to 1960 (63 years) and at the end, was an undeveloped bush with no power station, no proper roads, no industries, no university, and near zero infrastructure. In fact, given their near zero investment in education, chances are if they were still in power, you'd be a village farmer, a hunter, or a tailor today, not a medical doctor with the IQ of a mosquito.[/size]

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SPOPOVICH: 2:26am On Oct 26, 2015
Kigali Rwanda,

completely destroyed more than a decade ago, clean and safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMf7GTNTtZ4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by tpiah11: 2:49am On Oct 26, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
This is what a BRT bus stop look like in Joburg, these bus stop are AC tight.

These are fairly recent, right?
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by 14(m): 2:51am On Oct 26, 2015
oduastates:
Largest economy my butt.
Nothing but Iweala statistical 419 for Jonathan's reelection.
Even after massaging and inflating the figures from agriculture, it is easy for the discerning to figure out that the South African economy is not only larger, but deeper.
It shows not only from the size of their budget but even from their agricultural output. Products which are exported all over the world.
What about banking, telecommunications, IT,statistics, tourism, mining, show business, construction etc. South Africa totally owns Nigeria.
Lastly, when I say that Abuja is rubbish for the money spent and wasted on it, your picture proves it all over again.
South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia etc were building power plants, steel plant,aqueduct,pharmaceutical, IT,industrial and technology Hubs while our useless leaders were wasting money on building a chappy and soulless capital.
Guess what? they are still wasting money on that rubbish.
The worst thing is that Nigerians cannot even build their own damn roads. They give the contracts to foreigners to build them substandard infrastructure.

South Africa's budget is roughly $120Billion, and Nigeria's budget is $23Billion, see the gap. So any country has different ways to estimate their GDP.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Lucasbalo(m): 5:18am On Oct 26, 2015
BOWOTO:
Nigeria cannot be compared to South africa in development, I live in Capetown and I sometime forget I am in Africa, everything is so organized and in order, I feel really bad for my country , it'll take a lot to meet up.
Gbam. I remembered the first time I went to S/A with four colleagues of mine that were white on official duties. We came out of the airport in Jo'burg and was thinking am I in Africa. Incidentally, on our way to our hotel, one of my colleagues from Chicago asked me that are we in Africa ?. I said yes with smiles all over my face. S/A is hundreds of years ahead of Nigeria in development.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:51am On Oct 26, 2015
Rossikk:

[size=15pt]No no no, actually the joke is on YOU, as you're showcasing your ILLITERACY before the whole world. The GDP (know what that is?) rebasing, which led to the new GDP figures of $520 billion was arrived at after studies conducted by the National Office of Statistics working in conjunction with the World Bank, UN, ADB, IMF and other international agencies. It wasn't something cooked up by the Nigerian govt. You would know this if you weren't an IGNORAMUS. Also, the size of an economy is based on GDP calculations. GDP means the sum total of all economic activities taking place in a nation in a given year. This has nothing to do with infrastructure, beauty of cities, or smoothness of roads.

The problem with most Nigerians like you is that you know very little, yet think you know it all. Instead of badmouthing your country, GO AND STUDY and learn about basic economics like GDP, so you don't end up embarrassing yourselves online.[/size]

Yeah, yeah, yeah...whatever. Anybody with common sense knows that he's really comparing infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:56am On Oct 26, 2015
Rossikk:

The only reason South Africa are more advanced than any country in Africa is that the colonialists who seized the country in the 19th century RE-INVESTED the proceeds from their export trade BACK into the country. This they did because they saw themselves as permanent settlers there. In other colonies like Nigeria, Congo, Ghana, Sierra Leone etc, the colonialists simply evacuated resources and SIPHONED the proceeds to their home countries to enrich their own nations.
So, from 1960 to date---especially from August, 1985-March, 2015 what have your leaders been doing with the proceeds the country earned? Where have they been investing it?

The biggest problem with Nigerians is that you love to lie to yourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Nobody: 5:59am On Oct 26, 2015
Nigeria has a GDP about 9 times that of Kenya but last year Kenya had a national budget that was bigger than that of Nigeria . I was really surprised to discover that .
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 6:06am On Oct 26, 2015
Good morning guys.

Having breakfast and well heading out soon.

See you guys latter in the evening with more pictures.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:09am On Oct 26, 2015
Rossikk:

What a charlatan. We have taken responsibility since 1960 and continue to do so. But if you ask me WHY we are where we are today I WILL reel out our history starting at least from 1880 till date. UNLIKE YOU who thinks history is immaterial, and that our problem is our skin colour, race, the colour of the sky, or the moon, or some other (UNSTATED) fault. Why can't you be a man and say what you think is the reason we are not like Japan or Switzerland? Corruption? Tribalism? Ok, WHY are we having such problems? Greed, ignorance? Ok WHY are we having those problems? Answer!! Of course you will have no answer, because giving a reason grants us humanity, which you have been conditioned to deny us.

When people like us discuss the fundamentals behind your nation's dysfunctionality, you close your ears and are insistent on your natural inferiority. Tragic.

Your own problem, I think, is that you truly believe in your heart that your thoughts are "deep" and you're giving out serious knowledge online.

2 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by DropShot: 6:16am On Oct 26, 2015
Rossikk:

You are a complete moro.n and economic illiterate. For your information, you dunce, the Nigerian economy is Africa's largest BY FAR, and it has ABSOLUTELY ZILCH to do with the standard of infrastructure in South Africa. If we are to measure the size of economies by infrastructure, then UAE or Kuwait would easily be the world's largest economies. But India and Pakistan are larger economies than UAE or Kuwait by any measurement, even though you will see levels of deprivation in the former that can never be seen in the latter. USE YOUR dull BRAIN FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE. NITWIT who found himself in South Africa and can't control himself. ''Largest economy'' does not mean ''most advanced'' or ''most developed'', or ''best infrastructure''. It means LARGEST ECONOMY, QED. IGNORANT DULLARDS DROWNING IN INFERIORITY COMPLEX.
You could have said all this without the name calling!
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by BOWOTO(m): 6:26am On Oct 26, 2015
SkyBlue1:

What a child.
Bro please ignore that guy, I gave up on him a long time ago, he has the typical Nigeria mentality, blaming colonialists for his misfortunes. After 55 years, still blaming colonialists, I doubt if Nigeria will ever develop. with people like this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stephen Ukpukpen Slumps & Dies While Jogging In Calabar - Picture / 20 Generals May Go As Buhari Replaces Buratai, Service Chiefs / Protesters Storm Jonathan's Office Ask Him To Join 2023 Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.