Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Is There Really Life After Death? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Really Life After Death? (39185 Views)

God Raised My Dad Back To Life After Being Dead For 3 Hours / The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by otiigba1(m): 11:44am On Nov 01, 2015
Until some one dies, goes to the life after death land, comes back and tell me what it is like over there.
Me i no go gree o!, just my opinion
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by millhouse: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2015
Spot on
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2015
1) When a person dies, he disintergrates like other animals and become dust (Gen 3:19)

2) A dead person does NOT exist - anywhere. His physical body, which inlcudes brain, blood, eyes, legs, etc are made functionable by a force called "spirit". When the spirit is no longer in him, he stops working. But the spirit does not go somewhere else and start functioning like him. To understand this very well, take the example of a TELEVISION. The manufacturer of the TV gave it body parts that can make it show pictures, make it give sound, etc. But this can only be achieved by a force, this time, electricity. When the electricity is put out, the TV stops working. But the electricity - like the spirit - does NOT go somewhere else and become a TV.
The bible says that "the dead know nothing at all" ~ Ecclesiastes 9:5

3) God created man with the prospect of living forever (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

4) We are dying today because our first parents Adam and Eve lost that prospect. And infected us with sin and imperfection. (Romans 5:12)

5) Jehovah-God still holds that prospect for redeemable humans. That's why he sent Jesus to the earth to pay for the sin of Adam. (John 3:16)

6) The benefit of that ransom payment about 2000 years ago is due to be fully applied through God's kingdom. A government in heaven headed by Jesus that will rule the earth. (Daniel 2:44, Matthew 6:9, 10. Revelation 5:9, 10. Revelaton 21:3, 4). Some of you even unknowingly pray for the government when you say: "thy kingdom come"

7) Those that are already dead before the kingdom comes but are inline to benefit will be raised from death (John 5:28, 29). If the dead are already somewhere, how can they be raised up?
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by j1mmy: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2015
only stupid blacks and religious morons think that...brainwashing, bamboozled!
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by fyneboi79(m): 11:50am On Nov 01, 2015
Rossikk:

That is not what the op is talking about. He means what happens right after a person dies a physical death, ie does the consciousness survive?

Much evidence suggests the answer to that is a resounding YES.
what evidence are we talking about?? Have u died before? Pls tell us
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by andyanders: 11:51am On Nov 01, 2015
There is life after death.

Simple way to know that there is life after death is when you go to sleep, you find yourself in a different world whereby you see yourself with different people doing things you must have done in a physical world.

If in a such case when you go to sleep and your spirit failed to come back to life, it becomes death and your life is somewhere going.If you wake up from that sleep, you say ahh, that was a dream.

When you are asleep, you will not remember your mother, father, brother and even remember that you are under a roof, that is temporary death.

Our life is spiritual hence when someone's spirit departs from his physical body, that is death and the body is buried.That same spirit must account for his actions here on earth.

There is life after death as the body we are carrying is been controlled by the spirit being. That spirit being is the life we have.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by fyneboi79(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2015
AgricSalt:
1) When a person dies, he disintergrates like other animals and becomes dust (Gen 3:19)

2) A dead person does NOT exist - anywhere. His physical body, which inlcudes brain, blood, eyes, legs, etc are made functionable by a force called "spirit". When the spirit is no longer in him, he stops working. But the spirit does not go somewhere else and start fuctioning like him. To understand this very well, take the example of a TELEVISION. The manufacturer of the TV gave it body parts that can make it show pictures, make it give sound, etc. But this can only be achieved by a force, this time, electricity. When the electricity is put out, the TV stops working. But the electricity - like the spirit - does NOT go somewhere else and becomes a TV.
The bible says the "the dead know nothing at all" ~ Ecclesiastes 9:5

3) God created man with the prospect of living forever (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

4) We are dying today because our first parent Adam and Eve lost that prospect. And infected us with sin and imperfection. (Romans 5:12)

5) Jehovah-God still holds that prospect for redeemable humans. That's why he sent Jesus to the earth to pay for the sin of Adam. (John 3:16)

6) The benefit of that ransom payment about 2000 years ago is due to be fully applied through God's kingdom. A government in heaven headed by Jesus that will rule the earth. (Daniel 2:44, Matthew 6:9, 10. Revelaton 21:3, 4). Some of you even unknowingly pray for the government when you say: "thy kingdom come"

7) Those that are already dead before the kingdom comes but are inline to benefit will be raised from death (John 5:28, 29). If the dead are already somewhere, how can they be raised up?
What race was Adam and Eve?? How did several races come into existence?

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by fromnigeria(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2015
doneee:
This has really been bothering me lately.

So one day, we'll have to die?
where are we going? or we just die and it's over?

Yes there is life after death.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by fyneboi79(m): 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]
The thing is like he said people tend to find comfort in that whole concept of passing away and transcending into another life instead of simply dying.

People need such flimsy wishful hopes to cling to because many are not ready to accept the absoluteness of death.

Death simply means inexistence (stop existing). we have not been existing long before this biological machines called body, i wonder how people still in their greed and selfishness think something will still exist after this body... why was that thing not existing before this body?

It is not difficult to understand why we make up these stories for ourselves owing to the fact that we are probably the only specie on this planet that know at a very young age that we are going to die.

Other species just live in the moment, i doubt the dogs and elephants out there are fretting about an afterlife or greedily hoping for another after this one or performing rituals to earn a place.

No they just live in this brief one as they see it

That knowledge of the inevitable end of our being is somewhat of a burden to us and with that comes a need for a hope to cling on even if it is a wishful shadow, even if it is a greedy one.

It has made many people to get lost in the euphoria of their wishful delusion, cus they have not finished living in this one or ever having learnt to live in this one greedily chasing after another and end up having not lived any at all.

So why not we all forget dwelling in these fantasies and focus on where we are now and what we have right now which is here and now.

Giving up this earth to chase after afterlife is life giving up a known substance to chase after a wishful shadow...
[/b]
People want to live in the unknown fantacies of religion and ignore the known realities of logic and truth But lets rather live in the known and meet with the unknown the day we die. Cause everyone is gonna die someday and should stop fretting about the unknown with unattainable doctrines while the known is wasted in fear and baseless anticipation of what's gonna be. If God the creator is going to put some in a lake of fire for using their gift of freewill and put others in golden mansions for being robots,then God is truly love.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by awesome11(m): 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
krattoss:
what happens when chicken and, goats die?

last time I checked, we re all animals but higher ones.

we kill snakes, lions and many others if we catch them. they in turn kill us if they catch and outsmart us.

so if u saying we got afterlife. that means they v got afterlife also.

I wanted to say something but when I realised you called yourself an animal, I had to keep mute!

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by TSNG(m): 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
Rossikk:

That is not what the op is talking about. He means what happens right after a person dies a physical death, ie does the consciousness survive?

Much evidence suggests the answer to that is a resounding YES.

After Death your consciousness is gone,No Afterlife

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Comfyski(f): 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2015
Eccl 9:5,10 tells us that the dead know nothing at all,no work,no knowledge,nor wisdom. .
But there is hope Eccl 12:1,13,14 now that we are young fear the true God...He will jugde every deed.
To know more about what happens to us when we die,where are the dead,and real hope for your dead loved ones..log on to jw. org
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by kazyhm(m): 12:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]
The thing is like he said people tend to find comfort in that whole concept of passing away and transcending into another life instead of simply dying.

People need such flimsy wishful hopes to cling to because many are not ready to accept the absoluteness of death.

Death simply means inexistence (stop existing). we have not been existing long before this biological machines called body, i wonder how people still in their greed and selfishness think something will still exist after this body... why was that thing not existing before this body?

It is not difficult to understand why we make up these stories for ourselves owing to the fact that we are probably the only specie on this planet that know at a very young age that we are going to die.

Other species just live in the moment, i doubt the dogs and elephants out there are fretting about an afterlife or greedily hoping for another after this one or performing rituals to earn a place.

That knowledge of the inevitable end of our being is somewhat of a burden to us and with that comes a need for a hope to cling on even if it is a wishful shadow, even if it is a greedy one.

It has made many people to get lost in the euphoria of their wishful delusion, cus they have not finished living in this one or ever having learnt to live in this one greedily chasing after another and end up having not lived any at all.

So why not we all forget dwelling in these fantasies and focus on where we are now and what we have right now which is here and now.

Giving up this earth to chase after afterlife is life giving up a known substance to chase after a wishful shadow...
[/b]

your kind of brain is rear, I must say, what I have learnt over time is "PERCEPTIONS IS STRONGER THAN REALITIES" many people are already scared to death so they unconsciously panic away from the truth. the reality is "NO ONE GET OUT HERE ALIVE" not even any of the prophets
I strongly believe we already have enough clues about all this hullabaloo
www.nairaland.com/1934459/correlation-between-two-opposite-believe
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by lekkie073(m): 12:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
Man is body, not spirit...
The body makes u a singular living entity...
The spirit makes u a part of creation. ..

When man dies....

The singular living entity stops existing....

Man returns to being part of creation again.....

Just like when electricity powers 10 tv sets out of 15 available to be powered. At different points in time some tv sets are powered on and off in alternating process.

When a tv set is powered off, the enerygy being used qhen the tv set was 'on' is reserved in its static form till when there is need to power on another tv set and the same energy that was reserved fron the other tv set that was powered off.....

All in all man started its exitence when it is powered on a stops when it is powered off. We own our body but God owns the spirit. ....
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by zionzoe(m): 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
Please Friends, if we don't understand our make up......we wiLl die as beasts or animals, while truely God designed us to be Eternal Spirits.
What is Man's Make up?
A) Man is a Spirit
B) He has a Soul
C) He lives in a Body

The real you is Your spirit. It is made in the Image and likness of God, U came out from God- Gen 1:26
Goat, Snakes and other animals do not have Spirits .....How do I know? During Creation God spoke to the Source of a thing and that living thing's composition can be found in it's Source.

Every thing a Goat is Made of is found in d Earth, it's source
Fish from water
But whEn d time to make man came......the Trinity spoke to themselves "let US make....
So everthing in God is in Man.
GoD is a Spirit which makes man a Spirit too.
When ur spirit is recreated u enjoy eternity with God
But if ur spirit is not you will be overpowered by darkforces after deatH and will be condemned and confined with such Dark Spirits forever.

The Choice is urs.
To enjoy d recreation of ur spirit pray this Prayer with me say
"Jesus, I confess u as my Lord and I believe in my heart that God raised you from the Dead.
For Councelling
Call 08034855369
Pls attend WOFBI at a Winners Chapel close to you and u will be well trained.
Takia

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by xrazzy(m): 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
I was thinking that the subject of discussion is : Gej still flies presidential jet; is there really life after death
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
aaronson:
Have you ever seen one in reality?

Common sense: what is the meaning of ghost?
1. an apparition of a dead person that is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image.

The question is if there is no life after death, why do we have ghosts?
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by frankman365(m): 12:37pm On Nov 01, 2015
doneee:

where are we going?
or we just die and it's over?

Sometimes one is tempted to believe that "life after death" is all about the things you did while alive speaking for you when you are no more. For instance Mandela, A.Lincon and the rest.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Revolva(m): 12:37pm On Nov 01, 2015
Wetin concern me if there is life after death .....instead of you guys to live life to the fullest while on earth you are here bothering if you will come back to life again....

Nonsense tought....this is the only life I know...the one am seeing..like dis...if I die...I die..i got nothing to loose
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by lekkie073(m): 12:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
onyenze123:

Common sense: what is the meaning of ghost?
1. an apparition of a dead person that is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image.

The question is if there is no life after death, why do we have ghosts?
a ghost is not living.....it is just existing...
Just as the wind exists....the wind is not living...
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 12:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
Lovetinz:
Medically.. No
Religion, Alternate Religion, Philosophically.. Yes.

Medically, Yes. You can do some reading on Meta-science
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Emereolevanwill(m): 12:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
dia s lyf after death. Our Lord Jesus said in st john 14:2 dt wia He s dia also shall we be *afta death*. Dia s a beta lyf than dis 1.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Emereolevanwill(m): 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
fyneboi79:
What race was Adam and Eve?? How did several races come into existence?

its like ur grandpa was an ape.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by lekkie073(m): 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
Emereolevanwill:
dia s lyf after death. Our Lord Jesus said in st john 14:2 dt wia He s dia also shall we be *afta death*. Dia s a beta lyf than dis 1.
life ends on earth....existence continues....
We own our body....
God owns the spirit....thats why the spirit returns back to him
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2015

I assume it will also be greed for a student to prepare for his exams before the day of the exam..it will actually be stupid to wait till a day before the exam or till the day of the exam .this is the logic of one who yearns for the after life and this is want I mean by a sense of responsibility
why are humans created with the sense of thirst if this was not suppose to b a proof of its existence for behind every cause there is an effect..and mind you the yearning for eternity is innate in man....who told the first man that there is something called eternity?

The fact that some other students had written exams before and passed is enough reason for an aspiring student to study hard and prepare thoroughly. If there was no evidential success after writing exams, then no one would prepare to sit for an exam, let alone write one.

In buttressing the point of the poster you are trying so hard to nullify, it is nonsensical to crave for what is not provable (life after death). Just live this life and be contented with what it could offer, rather than creating a phantom utopia to go to after you are dead.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by bapullow: 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
[quote author=doneee post=39499628]This has really been bothering me lately.

where are we going?

Logically theirs life after dead no doubt about
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by awesome11(m): 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
One thing is certain. 95% of the world religion believe, to diverse extent, that there is life after death; and I take it to mean the consciousness of man ( didn't want to use the word 'Spirit' for some reasons) is bearing witness to a universal truth!

For those who doubt that this world is spiritually controlled are jokers. I'm sure you know that people actually make money rituals and it works? How is that possible if all to life is its physical realm?

There's more to life than you know. So, you had better stop this act of being the ignorant calling others unwise.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by harristo(m): 12:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
johnydon22:

[b]Death simply means inexistence (stop existing). we have not been existing long before this biological machines called body, i wonder how people still in their greed and selfishness think something will still exist after this body... why was that thing not existing before this body?

[/b]

Sorry to disappoint you but the known substance to mentioned is equally pointless. Living 100 or even 1000 years will never satisfy a human being. Humans are created to be insatiable, they would only be satisfied with an everlasting life and that's why they seek life after this one.

Btw, I believe that if existence continues after death, then the Bible would not have talked about a resurrection.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by uzoronwusa: 12:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
doneee:

where are we going?

The fact that there exists principalities,powers,rulers of darkness and light(God) in this age,spiritual wickedness in high places,witches and wizards, charms that work etc shows we are not alone, there is a spiritual realm inhabited by spirits where all dead people will appear when body and soul separates in death.so be prepared and don't be caught dead without the lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by harristo(m): 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
awesome11:
One thing is certain. 95% of the world religion believe, to diverse extent, that there is life after death; and I take it to mean the consciousness of man ( didn't want to use the word 'Spirit' for some reasons) is bearing witness to a universal truth!

For those who doubt that this world is spiritually controlled are jokers. I'm sure you know that people actually make money rituals and it works? How is that possible if all to life is its physical realm?

There's more to life than you know. So, you had better stop this act of being the ignorant calling others unwise.

Supernatural powers and spiritual beings exist, is no proof that humans continue to exist in spirit form after death.
The consciousness of humans is tied to their physical bodies. That's why people with damaged heads remain in a coma. They can't be conscious without their bodies functioning.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by DNBStories: 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
Death is the end of life. Talking about an afterlife, it becomes fiction. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / About The High-rate Of Sexual Immoralities In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.