Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Is There Really Life After Death? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Really Life After Death? (39181 Views)

God Raised My Dad Back To Life After Being Dead For 3 Hours / The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Toluwani95: 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
You just need trust and faith in Jesus and all your worries will be settled...... Many things about tomorrow, u may not seem to understand bt if u knew who holds 2mao, ur mind will be settled. "You needn't other about what happens to people after death bit about what will happen to YOU when you die

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
doneee:
This has really been bothering me lately.

So one day, we'll have to die?

where are we going?
or we just die and it's over?

There is no life after death. It is completely nothing, emptiness and zero. Don't let primitive human beings deceive you on that. We are plainly made up of fundamental particles. Nothing about us dying and facing afterlife. Period!

If you can believe ants die and end there the same can be said of human beings
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Kingsley1000(m): 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
atheists has envaded this thread

i so much believe in life after death,i have seen an old friend that died and i have heard many stories pertaining to it
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2015
Kingsley1000:
atheists has envaded this thread

i so much believe in life after death,i have seen an old friend that died and i have heard many stories pertaining to it
He didn't die! He was possibly in a state of coma. Stop all the delusion and face reality, bro.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by matiuni: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
Whether man believe or not;there is life after death.When a person dies,the dust(flesh) returns unto the earth and the spirit returns unto God who gave it.Ecclesiastes 12:7.The body(flesh) is the only thing man has in common with animals and it shall decay like that of other animals after death but the spirit which is from God(Genesis 2:7) doesn't die.It lives forever.The spirit even after death will be able to recognise their oppressors Isaiah 14:9-17,see,communicate and even has feelings Luke 16:22-31.The rich man died and was buried yet he could see,communicate,has feelings and remember his family members in where he found himself.Your spirit is the real you and it doesn't die.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by success10(m): 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2015
nwaanambra1:

u funny bro!

so u truly believe in second coming of jesus christ!

you should first find out if he truly came the first time.

stop being brainwashed by religion - its all fake and for the profitable interest of the very few that extorts the gullible thru it.
ur brain needs to be examine..
So, muslim too were brainwashed as well?, because core muslim clerics believed in Jesus.
May the lord upon ur eyes of understanding, becos u are heading to destruction.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Oh!yea?grin

YES! YES! YES! cheesy
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Chocboyslim: 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
Since our scientists claims they know too much; why can't them create or discover a lasting solution for dead. A solution where by man don't need to fear death or die instead? Our GOD is supreme & wiser than us. So let's keep up with God & served him with ur life now on earth coz tomorrow might be too late* U can only live external after dis life on earth with God.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
Chocboyslim:
Since our scientists claims they know too much; why can't them create or discover a lasting solution for dead. A solution where by man don't need to fear death or die instead? Our GOD is supreme & wiser than us. So let's keep up with God & served him with ur life now on earth coz tomorrow might be too late* U can only live external after dis life on earth with God.
Death is part of human nature. Please, accept it and move along. Whether you like it not you must die and the fairy tale God can't save you from it either.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by matiuni: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2015
I am still wondering why man should rely on the lame explanation of science on the weighty issues of life after death.The same science that could not resolved the mystery behind Bermuda triangle ,the mystery behind the images representing a whole market with a king in Esie Oro or that of the pyramid in Egypt neither has they been able to replicate the mummy of more than 2000 years old in Egypt.Yet some Mumuni are taking science opinion as final on the issue of life after death.Surprise dey awaits Una.keep forming.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Okesilas15: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
There is no life after death if we actually believe in bible.God made it clear to Adam that he was in existence because he is alive and is obeying him but that he is going to die if he disobeyed him.In essence,God makes it very clear to him that the opposite of life is death.The teaching of life after death is not a biblical one despite being adopted by almost all religions.Satan doesn,t want anyone to understand this and it was noteworthy that he is the first person to antagonise God on this issue.God who created man said clearly that if Adam and Eve were to eat from the fruit, they will positively die but when Satan came he said you will not die.Whoever believes that the dead are still living after are definitely supporting satan,s teaching.Again ,read Ecclesiastes9 vs 5n6, ;the dead are conscious of nothing.The state of the dead can be likened to deep sleep without dream.It is heartwarming to know that the bible talks about resurrection of the dead John5:28.If those who are dead are already in heaven,why will Jesus promised resurrection again?Moreover,when Jesus was on earth,he made a very strong statement that whoever care to know the truth about the death can fill in the gap, John3:13!If Jesus said nobody have gone from earth to heaven, where were Moses,Abraham,Jacob and the rest who were faithful servant of God before Jesus came to earth?If they were in heaven,Jesus who came from heaven would definitely have known.Where are they?, simple, in the grave waiting for resurrection,the only hope for the dead made possible by Jesus ransom sacrifice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
fyneboi79:
Tankio,don menshion grin

wink wink wink
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Sennard(m): 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
I am not wiser than those who have expressed their views here.....this is what I can say:man physical body will die and perish but what happens to that being in us?.... if we came to this world to die then the world makes no sense and to those atheists there comparing themselves with animals I pity you I just pity you......yYES! there is life after death!
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2015

So we should reason and understand like the dog and elephant and simply abscond this fact
And also behave like them "believing that life doesn't go beyond mundane and transient desires like feeding,shelter and satisfaction of all type of whimsical and carnal pleasures
Good you've pointed out that the human recognized in an early stage that he was going to die and also believe that there Is life after death.now my question
Isn't thirst a prove of the existence of water? If so,isn't our innate yearning for eternity a proof of its existence?

i'm laughing in spanish
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by kelvsolo: 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
Rossikk:

That is not what the op is talking about. He means what happens right after a person dies a physical death, ie does the consciousness survive?

Much evidence suggests the answer to that is a resounding YES.

Please kindly read Ecclesiastics 9:5,6,10.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by whocanbewho(m): 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
krattoss:
what happens when chicken and, goats die?

last time I checked, we re all animals but higher ones.

we kill snakes, lions and many others if we catch them. they in turn kill us if they catch and outsmart us.

so if u saying we got afterlife. that means they v got afterlife also.
yes ,we are all animals. But why will you compare humans to chicken and goats with all the self consciousness and intelligence we have. According to the laws of evolution This lower animal have been on earth as long as we have, why have they not evolved intelligence wise? We are not the same as them, they are here to compliment us. Arguing after life in regards to animals is a blank argument. I believe there is life after death because the human life is placed on particular trajectory, therefore when your time is up, you simply move to the next stage. There are 3 stages: the life of this world, the life in the grave whch is like an hibernation, then the after life which lasts for eternity.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by kelvsolo: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sennard:
I am not wiser than those who have expressed their views here.....this is what I can say:man physical body will die and perish but what happens to that being in us?.... if we came to this world to die then the world makes no sense and to those atheists there comparing themselves with animals I pity you I just pity you......yYES! there is life after death!
Please kindly read the Bible book of Ecclesiastics 9 :5,6,10
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by mrbillz(m): 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
Someone should please educate me more on this. Did God create death before he created Adam? Or he created Death after they disobeyed him to punish them. I believe he's omnipotent and omniscient should know they would mess up on the long run...

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by 49cents(m): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Intelligence according to you is to judge it according to human perception of what intelligence is.

Humans have a highly developed brain that gives them a highly cognitive and reasoning ability and also gives them a highly imaginative ability.

Our intelligence or any of these abilities you think is outstanding doesn't make us superior to other animals..

-Pegerine falcons can fly at a neck breaking distance of 387km/h does this ability make it superior to man?

- A cheetah can spot a prey 5km away, elephant can communicate in ultrasonic methods, platypus possess electro perceptive abilities, or a spider that can see on infrared mode ... You can not do any of these, but these abilities does not make them superior.

We are all natural inhabitants of this planet and natural manifestation is diverse.... We all are neighbouring life forms sharing this world..

Clamoring for another life gives you a sense of responsibility? ..lol..

This can only be asserted by one who lack independent basis for human ethical interactions.

The greed of another life is greed in every sense, it makes one pay little mind to what he has in a wishful clamor for another.
A child who has not finished eating a biscuit and asking for more that is not there is a greedy one.

Your greedy chase of another life can only diminish your ability to live this one and you end up having not lived any at all...

..LOL.. Proof of water is water itself, Proof of money is money itself.

Proof of a flying pink diamond unicorn is the unicorn itself... not my yearn to ride one.

All the things you know exists is because you have seen them exists, you wouldn't be yearning for money if nobody ever told you there was.

You yearn for another life is because someone told you there is and not an innate human quality and this clamor to get another life is proof of your GREEDY chase of more life when you have not finished living the one you have.

There was no You before this body, what ever makes you think there will still be a you after it, i must say really got you swimming hard in wishful hopes.

Yeah just like me desiring to possess bending abilities like Avatar means bending abilities exists. . . Stop assuming up qualities for human nature..

And we are not the only beings to possess such.

A bird can build a nest so precisely and accurate according to what it wants, Termites built ant hills long before humans built houses.

creative abilities is not a trade mark of humans only…

Yearning or desiring for something that one knows for sure is there, is one thing.

Yearning or desiring for something imagined up is another.... Just like me yearning to have bending abilities like avatar characters doesn't make it existential in actuality but only in concepts.

Afterlife concepts are there your yearning for these concepts is not proof of their existence in actuality ..

There are books that have formed your mind like this, with their method of achieving certainty

From your rejoinder I can easily point out that you are using dynamic of reason erroneously

For every object there is a method for arriving at certainty about it

Electricity can be "seen" with its effects and with the movement of an ammeter needle but not with the eye; but the same eye can be used to establish that a car is fast approaching.....point is, different methods and means are use to arrive at certainty of things; the default temptations is to want to juxtapose one for the other

You think certainty of about an object could only be established by direct encounter with the object or direct knowledge: yet u have shown by the examples u gave of the speed of the falcons and the sight ability of the cheatar, you "know" by" believing" in the "findings" of another being the scientists

You can "choose" to doubt all those scientists findings, since you didn't personally ascertain the spiders have infra red vision; if u choose to travel this rood you will never go far because you will have to be ascertain every information personally, including the the zero percent bromate claim by the bread on the supermarket stands

I believe that there is a place called Zaria not because I have been there but for some other reason other than having visited; you believe you were born in a particular place because your parents told you so right?

Point is that you can "know" things with certainty without direct encounter with the object

The method of science is chiefly by admitting a hypothesis is true then working towards verifying it with a honest open mind; but you choose to start with a NO so you close the possibly of discovery or verification through a presumptive approach

Lastly I close with a question,

how would you prove to a foetus who is smugly content with the warmth in its mothers body that there is an afterlife outside the mother's viscera? How can the baby establish that it has a mother who supplies it life?

PS: this is should not be an egoistic contest about who has more intelligent argument but we should strive to be that seeker with an openness worthy of a true seeker
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by whocanbewho(m): 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

- did the person called "Adam" exist before he was created ?

let's use simple english here. Can you create something that doesn't exist. He was creates because he wanted him to exist.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by ushafe(m): 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
krattoss:
what happens when chicken and, goats die?

last time I checked, we re all animals but higher ones.

we kill snakes, lions and many others if we catch them. they in turn kill us if they catch and outsmart us.

so if u saying we got afterlife. that means they v got afterlife also.
Pls , dont be deceive Jesus didn't come today for animals and the bible say we are image of God. There is after to fellowship wit ur GOD by praises , on a condition you accept Jesus Christ here on earth as your lord personal saviour, as a result I urge to ur life to Jesus now, before is late.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by halexito(m): 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Exactly the point.... smiley Thats why who ever thinks they know what will happen after a human is dead is either stupi_d or lying.

I'd say both because they don't know only swimming in delusion of knowing
Take this for a change ; whoever THINKS they know what will NOT happen after a human is dead is either stupid or lying.
My friend, stop thinking like a shallow minded white folk. You're an African. Think like one!
Many people don't like to hear or believe anything about afterlife.
Simply because of the JUDGEMENT that is embedded in afterlife. They like to think they can do things without any repercussion from God. They are SCARED of the implications of the existence of an afterlife.
You're an African man. You should know better.
The evidences are all around us, we are familiar with supernatural occurrences in Africa. Real Africans don't doubt the afterlife. It exists. And they know.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Malakh: 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
slightlyMad:
numbness is one feeling that can be achieved at a dental center or an operating theater
this is the inability to feel pain, this can also happen with some illnesses such as diabetes or leprosy

one main reason we are able to feel pain is because the nerves and section of the brain responsible for this feeling is intact.
when this section dies, then every pain goes, you can literally, cut yourself open with a knife without stress or trauma.

Now, This is bad news for the "repent or hell fire" crew because how will the sinners feel pain when they no longer have these nerves and brain to conduct pain huh?

the brain is not there to even think anymore. so how do we reason or remember our past or feel pain or wish for a drop of water to quench our thirst?

Let me put forward an hypothesis,
i was born in january 1982, when i die, it will all be just as it was with me in january 1980 when the sperm and egg that formed me had not grown. i was non-existent at that time and could not feel pain or remember any past life.

I still believe there is God anyways.
you are slightly mad, eternal torture and anguish will be the reward of the wicked, you should know energy cant be destroyed it is this weaker energy that the wicked will possess to be eternally afflicted, there's spiritual life and death which comes after the natural, you should know that we all inherited spiritual and natural death from Adam, so without second Adam we are all twice dead, one could be dead and still breathing,....i might be getting too deep for you just had to sharpen my countenance
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by freecocoa(f): 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
onyenze123:

nollywood
I thought as much.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by freecocoa(f): 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mindfulness:

YES! YES! YES! cheesy
Don't just say yes, elucidate.
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Don't just say yes, elucidate.

No matter what I say will make you believe me, so what do you want to hear? cheesy
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
all4naija:

There is no life after death. It is completely nothing, emptiness and zero. Don't let primitive human beings deceive you on that. We are plainly made up of fundamental particles. Nothing about us dying and facing afterlife. Period!

If you can believe ants die and end there the same can be said of human beings

What happens to these particles after we die?
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by freecocoa(f): 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mindfulness:

No matter what I say will make you believe me, so what do you want to hear? cheesy
Now c'mon, I just wanna hear your provable reasons for saying "YES" cheesy
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
mrbillz:
Someone should please educate me more on this. Did God create death before he created Adam? Or he created Death after they disobeyed him to punish them. I believe he's omnipotent and omniscient should know they would mess up on the long run...

Death is a delusion. wink
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by cupidhero(m): 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
Yes, there is life after death.
Notorious B I G-life after death is an album that was released on march 25th 1997 after the death of the legendary American rapper@Notorious B I G.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Now c'mon, I just wanna hear your provable reasons for saying "YES" cheesy

I have nothing to prove to anyone. I know that my loved ones, who left their physical bodies, are here when I need them. I am 100% sure. Enough?
Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
cupidhero:
Yes, there is life after death.
Notorious B I G-life after death is an album that was released on march 25th 1997 after the death of the legendary American rapper@Notorious B I G.

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: "Nigeria Will Split In 2035" / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.