Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? (54096 Views)

I Haven't Had Sex In 9 Months, My Balls Hurt,should I Be Worried?? / My Cousin Says My Thighs Are Fresh, Should I Be Worried About This Statement? / Should We Be Worried About This Look Tania Omotayo Gave Tekno Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Tamakay(m): 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
At 31 feeling depressed because of lack of a healthy relationship? No no no u really don't have to. What u are feeling is normal and pls take ur time to look for ur true love. Get ur wife as from 33-35.pls don't be depressed at all.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Malakh: 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
sonofananimal:
a big one for that matter. She didn't like her local language but like a language that was use to colonize us.
abi o....she can't reason that deep, that's beyond her, it's over her head
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by tosyne2much(m): 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
lolaxavier:
Guy relax, you are just 31. I'll be 34 in few days and I still don't plan to settle down for now. I have a target to do that in the next two years. The most important thing is for you to have plan and be focused. The right person will show up when you are 100% sure you are ready.
I like this cool
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Kgdavid(m): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:

Hmmmm, valid point Larai I won't argue with that logic.

But me I like and I want both things in place i.e well spoken English & well written English.

It's not like I want access to a man's bank account, just something as simple as good English - it's a huge turn on for me.

Your punctuation is all over the place though. In particular, you keep overusing and misusing the - (dash) and omitting commas where necessary.

For example, your last statement should have read something like: "It's not like I want access to a man's bank account; I just want some things as simple as good English--it's a huge turn-on for me.

The point is, I can tell you probably speak very good English, but it's not reflected (as much as you might think it is) in your writing, which has a very labored feel. I.e, you're trying too hard.

9 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
Malakh:
lol hahaha
grin me I cannot spoke good English, not even to wrote good English grin

3 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by NinaNigeria(f): 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
U r too picky, they way i see it, no one is good enough for u
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
They don't measure up meaning what?. OK u can fold ur arms and wait for Dangote's daughter. You know what? Your not serious if u were u would have made them measure up.

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by sexycat: 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
OK come for me but me I have just I day in a month.....
Smile4mee01:
I am a little depressed now. i came here to seek counsel. i am 31 yr old male, works in a bank. have my own apartment and car, Quite comfortable. i am not and never have been in a very serious relationship. the few ones i tried never just works out. most times the ladies dont measure up, the few ones that did measure up were so much in a hurry to marry (maybe because they were older than i was sha)

my friends too wonder, they say with my status ladies should be all over me. they say i dont take them serious. i am not gay and wil never be.

i agree my job leaves me little room to go out because i work almost every day. in fact in a whole month i have just 2 free weekends. 2 days out of which i still go to work.

is there something i can do to be in a healthy relationship. i desire to have a balance.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Malakh:
abi o....she can't reason that deep, that's beyond her, it's over her head
lolzz.the oyinbo were get the English self even dey attracted by the way when talk and speak. Many of them even like to learn the way we speak. Especially that pigin English
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by omooba969(m): 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
vodkat:

It is either your unpresentable or you have too high taste. best thing is

start with any girl (ugly or fine) ,( Lepa or orobo) gain some experience with those set before you move on to the desired.

But for u to be worrying about woman is bad because most women are liabilities at the end of the day

@bolded,

That's a sexist remark. cool

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by DICKtator: 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
Valeree:
Can I say I'm very impressed with the responses coming from guys.

No you can't

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by africanusvu(m): 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ur proclems ar;I AM A BANKER MENTALITY.it has renderd most male and female single bankers useles,u ar arogant and might hav over priced urself as common among bankers.just humble urself and u get wat u need

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by aydotaone(m): 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
abiolasogey:
Make tym 4 urself,,nd if d ladies dnt measure up,,u make dem measure up

Best comment ever!
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Malakh: 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
sonofananimal:
grin me I cannot spoke good English, not even to wrote good English grin
she wont even recognize a good man if it hits her in the face,she dey there she dey find grammarian....i mean I can articulate and speak eloquently but all na forming, and it would be very easy to deceive sihom

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by coleon(m): 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:
I am a little depressed now. i came here to seek counsel. i am 31 yr old male, works in a bank. have my own apartment and car, Quite comfortable. i am not and never have been in a very serious relationship. the few ones i tried never just works out. most times the ladies dont measure up, the few ones that did measure up were so much in a hurry to marry (maybe because they were older than i was sha)

my friends too wonder, they say with my status ladies should be all over me. they say i dont take them serious. i am not gay and wil never be.

i agree my job leaves me little room to go out because i work almost every day. in fact in a whole month i have just 2 free weekends. 2 days out of which i still go to work.

is there something i can do to be in a healthy relationship. i desire to have a balance.

Thanks in anticipation
Your own is good. I am 33 yrs nd I dnt hv any stable relationship,am also a banker too wit nice apartment and SUV but am living my life happily alone bro.
My brother u dnt need a woman to be happy,being a bachelor is something of pride nd not sorrow.
Live your life nd enjoy ur money alone it's our job that makes us that way bro.
I've had to lie to my landlord that my wife is abroad before he could give me his house to stay on top my money wey I wan pay oh. I think our society needs a reorientation that some people are not just cut out for this marriage thingy.
So u re very alright bro but I hv babes that I blow cos am not a celibate.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by DICKtator: 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
hustla:

Fallacy!

Well written and spoken English is never a measure of intelligence - It just has to do with your own belief system - FFS English isnt even a Nigerian local language, so why the 'obsession?'

How do you explain the Chinese and Russians who have arguably the best defense systems in the world but most of them can barely piece 1 or 2 English sentences together?
The Chinese and Russian hackers who can bring down and infiltrate systems across borders ; believe me when I tell you it takes a high level of intelligence to do that.

Last Bullet - Who English don help?

Se iyen ni maami ma je? undecided

I really hate you.

Why? Because you have revealed once again, the unfortunate way some women think nowadays!!!!

You would think Professors of English language are in the best of relationship!!!!!!!

They would be having high expectations till they start to grow grey!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by lakesidepapa(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
Gaborone:
Don't mind that her, na her type dey up with wowo guy
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by omode2(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:
At Grahyt,

You quoted OP's post without saying anything at the end of it. Lol - sleep still dey catch you this morning?

At OP,

Check out a thread in the romance section titled ''If You Are 30+ and Single Let's Talk''. I think it might help.

Siamia a lady authored the thread and a WhatsApp chat group was created to enhance healthy friendships & romantic relationships in a safe, secure and be your brother's keeper kind of way.

Siamia vouches that members are authentic & sincere, well truth is she only said that about the men I don't know about my gender.

Read the thread first (the few pages you can) and then decide if you want to join the chat group and see where that leads to. No pressure ooo abeg just keep an open mind and explore the possibilities of friendships first.

Only tasteless and classless women will be all over you because of your job, apartment and car. Tasteful women with class (like moi wink ) will be more concerned with your manners, personal hygiene & grooming then your overall comportment as a man.

Me - I'm a sucker for

1. Neat men with shaved armpits, clean underwear and surroundings. That your apartment won't count if its messy & untidy.

2. Well spoken & written English which reveals a depth of intelligence (like that dude LordReed I am electronically attracted to him just for his written English too bad he's married).

3. Courteous & well mannered men amongst other things like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No offence meant bro, but I ain't really feeling your written English enough to gravitate towards you as a woman. It's good but could be better with punctuation marks where necessary. Just saying no offence meant.

you are funny I feel your points is well noted.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by lakesidepapa(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
Gaborone:
Don't mind that her, na her type dey up with wowo guy
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
Malakh:
she wont even recognize a good man if it hits her in the face,she dey there she dey find grammarian....i mean I can articulate and speak eloquently but all na forming, and it would be very easy to deceive sihom
I'm telling you! That's how they miss their potential suitor and start blaming the devil.

One thing I LEARN is that! The very particular thing you like from that person will be thesame thing you will hate later in life.

2 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by lakesidepapa(m): 8:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
Gaborone:
Don't mind that her, na her type dey up with wowo guy. An wiru, on wirun
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by AprokoMan: 8:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
Captainswag225:
time do u close at work? If u really want a relationship and marriage, then u must always be ready to commit to it, a relationship requires time for and ur partner to study each other and to work on ur issues....there is nothing like a perfect lady or man or a perfect relationship, u just have to make it work...... if ur current job isn't giving time for a relationship then I suggest u find a more cool and flexible time.

Imagine captainfagg counselling someone
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Captainswag225(m): 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
AprokoMan:

arsseholle, i thought u were dead
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by AprokoMan: 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
Captainswag225:
arsseholle, i thought u were dead

same here..grin grin ugly Ghanaian fa.g!
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by thamarvelz(m): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:
At Grahyt,

You quoted OP's post without saying anything at the end of it. Lol - sleep still dey catch you this morning?

At OP,

Check out a thread in the romance section titled ''If You Are 30+ and Single Let's Talk''. I think it might help.

Siamia a lady authored the thread and a WhatsApp chat group was created to enhance healthy friendships & romantic relationships in a safe, secure and be your brother's keeper kind of way.

Siamia vouches that members are authentic & sincere, well truth is she only said that about the men I don't know about my gender.

Read the thread first (the few pages you can) and then decide if you want to join the chat group and see where that leads to. No pressure ooo abeg just keep an open mind and explore the possibilities of friendships first.

Only tasteless and classless women will be all over you because of your job, apartment and car. Tasteful women with class (like moi wink ) will be more concerned with your manners, personal hygiene & grooming then your overall comportment as a man.

Me - I'm a sucker for

1. Neat men with shaved armpits, clean underwear and surroundings. That your apartment won't count if its messy & untidy.

2. Well spoken & written English which reveals a depth of intelligence (like that dude LordReed I am electronically attracted to him just for his written English too bad he's married).

3. Courteous & well mannered men amongst other things like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No offence meant bro, but I ain't really feeling your written English enough to gravitate towards you as a woman. It's good but could be better with punctuation marks where necessary. Just saying no offence meant.

Awwww... that was one hellova 'friendly' diss!!
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by engrjacuzzi: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
I have two good ladies I can recommend for you if you care for. they are the patience and reserved types.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by martineverest(m): 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
livinbygrace:

My brother ,ur own case is still better ,am 34 male stays in 2 bedrooms apartment in festac,5.9ft tall.I do take care of almost 8 people everyday,but I don't even have any serious relationship,not to talk of girl friend .
Though I do get worried sometimes,but I believe God is in control.
hmmm... All is well. My plan is to get married before that age.... Just try and get a wife material before u get to forty. Marrying late is not ideal
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by DICKtator: 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:

Thanks in anticipation

Please what type of car do you have?

Is it the one you intend purchasing next year?

grin grin grin grin
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Captainswag225(m): 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
AprokoMan:

i know u are looking for a heavy beating. jux tell me when u are ready
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by ayusco85(m): 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
mioltai:
The reason y u aint in a serious relationship is bcuz u lukn fr the perfect girl bro.if its nt her height datz an issue, its her complexion,behaviour or educational background.there is no such thing as a perfect lady u av to accept that and move foward.im very sure a lot of ladies out there are angling for u to notice them.u av just set the bar too high

Very sensible post

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by martineverest(m): 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
coleon:

Your own is good. I am 33 yrs nd I dnt hv any stable relationship,am also a banker too wit nice apartment and SUV but am living my life happily alone bro.
My brother u dnt need a woman to be happy,being a bachelor is something of pride nd not sorrow.
Live your life nd enjoy ur money alone it's our job that makes us that way bro.
I've had to lie to my landlord that my wife is abroad before he could give me his house to stay on top my money wey I wan pay oh. I think our society needs a reorientation that some people are not just cut out for this marriage thingy.
So u re very alright bro but I hv babes that I blow cos am not a celibate.
not an ideal advice bro... Stop philandering;

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by AAinEqGuinea: 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
OP, don't rush.

You'd be surprised at the number of failed or souring marriages people experience by 31; perhaps they should have waited

If you rush into a relationship and choose poorly (and it always seems heavenly at first) your successes could come crashing down harder.

We live in times in which you have to tread carefully. Take your time and enjoy life

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend In Egbeda Market In Lagos (photo) / Do Guys Prefer Sexy Hot Body Or A Beautiful Face? / Sites For Adult Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.