Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k (68844 Views)

FG Set To Increase Allowance Of Corpers - NYSC DG / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Sokoto State Increases Allowance Of Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Adesiji77: 6:17am On Nov 08, 2015
Ebonyi State? Hmmm

Some things are better left unsaid... lipsrsealed
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pet4ril(f): 6:19am On Nov 08, 2015
awesome11:
a
What's the fuss about all these it takes sleepless nights while in school. You guys have shallow minds and have never really opened your hearts to the truth. I'm convinced its more demanding to be an architect than a burse or medical doctor. By the way, we do visit health centres and we see our poor the quality of your service has been. Little wonder Dansuki did all he could to fly abroad for his treatment!
And as an architect, are you working for your clients for free......? Whats the pretence for

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 6:22am On Nov 08, 2015
menix:
130k Now i see where my cousin got the cash to buy that Discussion Continue.....

if a corper earns 130k, abeg how much will he now earn when he is done with service.
Abeg house is it possible for me to do a change of course from Fine Art am studying now to Medicine

Do you know how much a houseofficer earns b4 he goes for service? he earns close to 200k/month. Now he's being paid less and he dan dat in service and you're here talking.

Na jealousy go just kill some people finish.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by TruthTella(m): 6:22am On Nov 08, 2015
mrphysics:
this goes along way to tell me why medical doctors will always b on strike and poor. most of dem open useless clinics, trading d lives of Nigerians because of money. most of these doctors graduated with no gud result. they chase women and r d most in clubs. they feel secured why in d university dat they even contest for student union leadership. my friend, I read more dan most doctors, when I was an Undergraduate, my lecturers do ask me to teach their sandwich students, set exam for dem, 3unit load courses, yet I wasn't even d best nor did I graduate with First Class. my project after d experiments were sent outside for Characterization, so please tell me where dis ur medical doctors been superior to odas came from. its just wronh mindset .let me reiterate for d umpteenth time, if they feel dey can get millions per month, let dem apply for exemption letter and go and make d millions
And let me reiterate for the millionth time, medical doctors expose themselves to potentially fatal conditions every single day and need to be renumerated accordingly. Any other profession that feels they deserve as much as doctors SHOULD FIGHT FOR IT, instead of hating or wishing doctors bad.
I don't GIVE ANY SHÎT what you went through in university so save it.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by 9jatatafo(m): 6:22am On Nov 08, 2015
And the government officials' allowee is increased. Silly people
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pet4ril(f): 6:22am On Nov 08, 2015
hardychris:
tnk God u re not there, cus u wld hv injected people with expired drugs
i wouldn't have unleash it on the poor patient to kill them just that i would have limited my services since he has limited the salary.. ..what is 15/5k, how much is private hospitals paying their auxiliary nurses angry

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
They should be ready to record deaths nau..... Nonsense.... Imagine a Nurse 5k. Do you know the sleeplessnights and stress it take to be a nurse Oh no! He doesn't know..... If i were in that state, i would have worked according to the amount he paid .mtcheeew

Lol, such a landslide slash is not so fair in my opinion, but you'd do away with your ethics and humanity because of money? If so, you are not worthy of the title, albeit it's service to the country, not a paid job. Where I served nurses were paid much lesser in thick villages o. grin
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by tiwiex(m): 6:25am On Nov 08, 2015
unmask:
It seems our doctors in Nigeria have a wrong mindset, that is why they would ask for initial deposit from someone that could die if not treated in say thirty minutes.

As a doctor you signed up to be a life saver not a money chaser. So if your response to a salary cut is patients will suffer, then you are obviously in the wrong profession

Bullshit talk. So with all the skills and time spent in the uni, he should work for free? Eat for free, transport for free and sleep where? He should have just been an unskilled labourer carrying cement or a driver earning 40k a month excluding thieves. Doctors are essential services. Pick between paying doctors or senators well. I know your answer already.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Phoenix001(m): 6:26am On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
They should be ready to record deaths nau..... Nonsense.... Imagine a Nurse 5k. Do you know the sleeplessnights and stress it take to be a nurse Oh no! He doesn't know..... If i were in that state, i would have worked according to the amount he paid .mtcheeew

and you will deliberately kill patience? That is a wrong way of thinking. It isn't a good decision but it isn't applicable to the resident doctors, just Corp members who will receive federal allowance to complement.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pet4ril(f): 6:27am On Nov 08, 2015
safarigirl:
lol ....the government apparently does not value the lives of the people of Ebonyi.

That is more than a 70% slash. Is life worth 15k? Don't they know that's a high risk job?

If na me, I no go serve
dont mind the people saying its service to humanity not about money....... Medical lines are too stressful and demanding tovbe receiving peanuts though no amount of money worth the risk, but 15/5k is a no go area for a qualified medical personnel angry

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by homesteady(m): 6:27am On Nov 08, 2015
mrphysics:
this goes along way to tell me why medical doctors will always b on strike and poor. most of dem open useless clinics, trading d lives of Nigerians because of money. most of these doctors graduated with no gud result. they chase women and r d most in clubs. they feel secured why in d university dat they even contest for student union leadership. my friend, I read more dan most doctors, when I was an Undergraduate, my lecturers do ask me to teach their sandwich students, set exam for dem, 3unit load courses, yet I wasn't even d best nor did I graduate with First Class. my project after d experiments were sent outside for Characterization, so please tell me where dis ur medical doctors been superior to odas came from. its just wronh mindset .let me reiterate for d umpteenth time, if they feel dey can get millions per month, let dem apply for exemption letter and go and make d millions

Mr man just keep quiet! Non of the exams you wrote in your entire stay in school is as difficult as 1st MB medical student write not to talk of Path/Pharm exam and others.
You a common 4 sessions physics students is talking when other people are talking. When Medical students spend 4 sessions in school, they don't even think of graduation yet because they still have about 3 more years before they graduate + one more year horsemanship, before they even go for NYSC! So tell me why you want to earn the same thing with these set of people, don't you have a conscience?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 6:28am On Nov 08, 2015
Bridgy450:
The thing is they are expected to work 24/7 and live inside the hopital premises. Ebonyi state general hospitals have just one permanent medical officer, so they depend on corpers a lot. This 2015 batch A corp members haven't been paid a dime since they started work. Olrotimi step in......

and they wanna be paying such Corpers 15k? lmao!
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 08, 2015
If dis is true, d country is in a big mess, God help my country
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by mrphysics(m): 6:29am On Nov 08, 2015
oshiiteoku:
Nothing good has ever come out of that state except epidemic of all kinds,i dont blame them,can the governor or his children get admission on merit to study medicine,thunder scatter his quarry and guinea worm infested brain
u see d reason for racism outside d country? I submit to d fact dat u r a certified mad man. who r u better dan in Ebonyi state. d former minister of health prof onyebuchi Chukwu dat fought Ebola is from ur poverty home right, u r of all men most useless

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by menix(m): 6:30am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

Do you know how much a houseofficer earns b4 he goes for service? he earns close to 200k/month. Now he's being paid less and he dan dat in service and you're here talking.

Na jealousy go just kill some people finish.

Don't they teach u lot about proof reading
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 6:31am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:

It seems you seriously lack understanding! We are talking about NYSC here and not permanent jobs!
Doctor's/pharmacists are already experienced, certified workers before coming for NYSC, while other graduates are just green horns, so why should doctors be paid the same amount with other corper who don't have any experience, are not working in their field because they are teachers and are not even qualified teachers like their Education counterparts? Does it sound fair to you?
Why should you pay a doctor who must dedicate his time to patients the same amount with other corper teachers who are mainly interested in sleeping with his students?

cc. redcliff david22uu

Wowwww shocked Did you just say this?

You are the one who lacks understanding or probably your thoughts are being veiled with biase. It is preposterous to think all corp members with their PPA in the education sector go around bleeping their students and not think medical corp members are equally guilty of the allegation.

Personally, I know a gynaecologist who bleeps teenagers sent for medical care under his watch!

You actually think only doctors are experienced after graduation. I'm actually a final year student of Mechanical Engineering in one of the federal universities of technology in the country and I can submit to you that the three of the best five architectural structures in my school were design works of fourth year Architecture students. Probably, you also need to be told they design buildings and get some cool cash right after their 300l. So, do you mean they are not experienced graduates. Similar stories abound in other professions which unfortunately your narrow outlook on life issues won't let you see.

Please, don't insult our rationality here by insinuating medical practitioner corp members are paid workers while others are trainees!

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pet4ril(f): 6:34am On Nov 08, 2015
Phoenix001:

and you will deliberately kill patience? That is a wrong way of thinking. It isn't a good decision but it isn't applicable to the resident doctors, just Corp members who will receive federal allowance to complement.
God forbid i deliberately kill a patient, i only said i will work according to the pay..... Even if federal is there, from 130-15k is unimaginable angry
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Lance07(m): 6:35am On Nov 08, 2015
safarigirl:
lol ....the government apparently does not value the lives of the people of Ebonyi.

That is more than a 70% slash. Is life worth 15k? Don't they know that's a high risk job?

If na me, I no go serve
. Pay cut everywhere. Even the prestigous federal university of petroleum resources is planning a pay cut for theie staff. God help us all.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by mrphysics(m): 6:35am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:

Mr man just keep quiet! Non of the exams you wrote in your entire stay in school is as difficult as 1st MB medical student write not to talk of Path/Pharm exam and others.
You a common 4 sessions physics students is talking when other people are talking. When Medical students spend 4 sessions in school, they don't even think of graduation yet because they still have about 3 more years before they graduate + one more year horsemanship, before they even go for NYSC! So tell me why you want to earn the same thing with these set of people, don't you have a conscience?
the problem I think u hav is dat u think urs is d most difficult why odas r bread and tea? stop talking trash, even if its done in America, nonsense is nonsense nomata where it z done. come and solve Quantum Mechanics. do u nt know dat d things u r taught is physics?? gerrara hia. come and solve d maths behind d MRI AND NRI dat u r using in d hospital. how can oda corpers collect 60k pee yr and u collect 130k per month, between two of us, who lacks conscience

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by monchinoz: 6:35am On Nov 08, 2015
Unbelievable! Is the federal government aware of this? Can't Buhari do anything about it? I think NYSC shld b scrapped or made optional.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pet4ril(f): 6:37am On Nov 08, 2015
engrkenny:

Lol, such a landslide slash is not so fair in my opinion, but you'd do away with your ethics and humanity because of money? If so, you are not worthy of the title, albeit it's service to the country, not a paid job. Where I served nurses were paid much lesser in thick villages o. grin
why all these humanity stuff Do you expect them to engage in prostitution for their upkeep because its a call to humanity Oh no, please put your self in their shoe. Would you have been happy having your Allowance slaahed down to that level?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pmann2(m): 6:38am On Nov 08, 2015
Nigeria makes medical doctors look extraordinary but in the real sense medicine depend on some other profession to actually function effectively. In civilized countries medicine is a function of engineering technology. Medicine has gone beyond using crude implement no wonder most wealthy people still fly out to receive treatment. A doctors mistake could endanger few lives but an engineer mistake can terminate an entire country. Medical doctors are important but other profession shouldn't be mocked. If we state a debate on ENGINEERING versus MEDICINE.. Enlightened people know the profession that will win the debate. All profession are important, we shouldn't place too much important on medicine. Computers and engineering equipments makes medicine more interest and less stressful in develop countries.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 6:38am On Nov 08, 2015
d33types:

Medical doctors as corpers cannot be compared to engineers and the others..
A medical doctor has worked for 1yr + and has garnered experience before service and is not a fresh meat.. That's why they don't work under supervision like other corpers.. Most of them man general hospitals unsupervised.
you know that that means? It means they don't work 8-4 like the corpers you hear? It means they treat cases most medical students will not dare.they do full surgeries. Maybe when a doctor charges you 120k for simple appendectomy you'll appreciate these guys.
I swear if they deploy me there, i'll jejely start my private practice then 130k will be chicken change.

Without Corper doctors most northern states are in trouble and are hot cakes there..who Ebonyi don help sef cheesy

The hate for doctors is appalling men,yes they're doing humanitarian jobs doesn't mean they won't eat

No doctor will stay there..

Just leave d foool to himself....I said it very soon Naija go find doctor den no go see...

imagine comparing Engineer to Doctor....wetin Engineer fit do pass to read book and pass exam....most medical students in 500level have started treating patients sef talkless of person wey don graduate, finish housejob con begin serve again sef...very comical.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Ashez: 6:41am On Nov 08, 2015
sexysensation:

Na wa...... angry in other news flex dis from fridays to sundays jare

AIRTEL users!! AIRTEL Nigeria has just introduced weekend data bundle capped at 1024mb (1gb) for just #100 only..

Dial *474*1# to activate!
Dial *140# to check
God bless u broda
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by saintkel(m): 6:42am On Nov 08, 2015
I think it makes sense, while other corp members r paid peanuts, doctors go home smiling. Dia should be a general payment for all corp members irrespective of wot u read and besides I think dos who teach in our schools should earn higher dan med doctors
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 6:43am On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
why wont we be crazy about the financial benefit? Should we serve humanity and go naked or be starved to death I believe everybody is working to be paid not the other way round

Yea, I'm not denying that fact but to think Corp members of medical expertise are justifiably paid far better than others who equally provide the society with their productive inputs is uncalled for. They are all on the NYSC scheme and should be equally treated as such!
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Cre8(m): 6:44am On Nov 08, 2015
Change is guess. undecided. The state has to manage their money nah.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Yonce(f): 6:45am On Nov 08, 2015
saintkel:
I think it makes sense, while other corp members r paid peanuts, doctors go home smiling. Dia should be a general payment for all corp members irrespective of wot u read and besides I think dos who teach in our schools should earn higher dan med doctors

And when you're crippled on the ground in pain, we'll take you to school so you'll sit in front of a teacher and learn since your health is obviously secondary.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 6:46am On Nov 08, 2015
menix:

what has your proofreading done to your life?
it has only made you eye other hardworkers salaries....lazy fellow.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 6:46am On Nov 08, 2015
menix:

what has your proofreading done to your life?
it has only made you eye other hardworkers salaries....lazy fellow.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by mrphysics(m): 6:46am On Nov 08, 2015
TruthTella:

And let me reiterate for the millionth time, medical doctors expose themselves to potentially fatal conditions every single day and need to be renumerated accordingly. Any other profession that feels they deserve as much as doctors SHOULD FIGHT FOR IT, instead of hating or wishing doctors bad.
I don't GIVE ANY SHÎT what you went through in university so save it.
suffice it to say dat its now a fight for selfish gains, since what odas suffered in d uni doesn't concern u, u r only interested of been paid for d pain U went tru. Nigerians. I guess u think u r d only one dat suffered. my friend if u think u can get d money elsewhere, dia is an option called "EXCEPTION" in NYSC. dis is d obvious reason u guys will always b on strike and poor too. opening clinics with no patients here and there. even herbal doctors r more productive dan u. u do surgery and so what? teach an engineering students how to do surgery and he will do t better dan u. my friend we all went tru dsame hard training and u read and crammed more dan I do

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Corper In Court For Having Sex With Married Woman / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.