Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k (68832 Views)

FG Set To Increase Allowance Of Corpers - NYSC DG / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Sokoto State Increases Allowance Of Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by vacanci: 7:13am On Nov 08, 2015
misspresident:
if this news is true, then this is rubbish. what is wrong with this country for heaven sake?

The country is ok. What is wrong with Ebonyi State. I hope wailers will not attribute this to APC

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by bigsmoke2(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2015
awesome11:

I'm not trying to be sarcastic but I think no amount of explanation will make an outsider understand the difficulties we pass through to become engineers, architects et al.

I spend roughly only three hours or thereabout sleeping daily. It's an equally tough task to read books, make designs, models and simulations, make tedious calculations to achieve our aims and equally have to be updated with current global technologies. Only if you intend to say it's easier being an engineering graduate and not an ENGINEER.

As for doctors flying out for the money, it's happening in every profession. There's a reason trained engineers are flying over to Northern Europe to get better goodies!
As an engineer you can be less average (on paper) you will still get employment . In the medical profession there is no less than average doctor no medical schools will graduate you. U will get kicked out before you graduate . My class in med school 250 of us came in. Final year we are just 75

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pmann2(m): 7:14am On Nov 08, 2015
bigsmoke2:

The technology is sill being operated by medical doctors

You are correct but I just want medical doctors to show some respect to other profession. Some of us read engineering because we've always wanted to be engineers not because we don't have what it takes to study medicine. I think medicine is what it is in Nigeria today because of how it is been handled in our Nigeria Universities. The average Nigerian always want to make things that are naturally not difficult appear to be difficult so people can accord him/her respect. There is no big deal in studying medicine.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 08, 2015
they would not do their jobs properly.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by menix(m): 7:16am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

You're not only very fooolish, you also have a disorganized upbringing.

are you not the one thinking of changing future becos of your cousin's Discussion Continue?

You're a waste of time. go and find your level.

Hahahaha...
See this Ediot, do I look like ur mate who still struggle for front row in the class..

We re not on same cadre dawg, so go down the ladder till u fit in..

Son of a Vulture .
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 7:16am On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
what of the risks involved in medical line... What of the ahufts they do? If they are just like other NYSCs, that's why i said their services will be limited as well

There are more risks in the engineering professions. That is exactly the reason you see "Safety First" at our work sites.
I remember when I had to service some equipment with a very hazardous chemical substance whose effects are as dire as that of EVD. That was during one of my holiday jobs at Egbin Power Plant.

Let's not pretend we are not seeing this. When a doctor makes a mistake, only a life or thereabout pays for it. Let a structural engineer makes such and I doubt if it won't be in our national dailies,

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by matrixme(m): 7:17am On Nov 08, 2015
This is really very bad. Harsh economic realities not withstanding, Ebonyi state has proven that the life of its citizens is really not worth as much. Could they not have focused on other cost saving strategies, rather than renumeration of the few overworked medical personnel they were privileged to have? I hope other states do not follow suit. This is highly ridiculous!

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by DrHighchief(m): 7:17am On Nov 08, 2015
Chai, no wonder medical Corpers lobby to be posted to Ebonyi state.
D reduction is 2 much though d economy is not stable due to d crumbling price of crude oil.
Please our government should diversify d economy. We v solid minerals in Ebonyi state, Agric sector can boom via Abakaliki rice etc
Time for us to be pro active.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 7:18am On Nov 08, 2015
pmann2:

You don't understand the angle am coming from, the truth is that most developed countries uses engineer technology to solve medical problems with little or no stress. Nigeria doctors are far behind most of them can't even work in advance hospitals with recent technology. Have you heard of BIOENGINEERING and HUMANENGINEERING

No wonder the Nigerian youth are unemployed. I'm sure if Doctors storm the Labour market they will get the same jobs people are shouting is unavailable because our youths are so unemployable. They just think their job is to go to school and get certificate whatever the grade. That's why Doctors will always be valued cos we don't use grades in our Certificate, it's either you pass or you fail. Hence we're being trained to be useful not just based on certificate which one Engineer dey try compare but on what you can do.

After all I have just said above can you please define HUMANENGINEERING & BIOENGINEERING?

Just do that and you'll see d folly in what you just said.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by freecocoa(f): 7:19am On Nov 08, 2015
All these doctors make we hear word abeg, we know you guys do a lot of hard work and all that but even other jobs have their risks, plus if we don't have all these other professions you guys look down on, how will the world be balanced? We surely can't survive with doctors alone, so please tone the arrogance a zillion notches down.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 7:21am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

If you've truly proffered solutions and get paid heavily, why you all complaining then?

Should I criticise what I feel is injustice only when I'm lightly paid?
I just hate it when people feel the medical profession is superior to others and it disgust me when governmental policies are designed with such mindset!
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 7:22am On Nov 08, 2015
zed7:

Are you people actually doctors? If not that naija is a jungle majority of you are not qualified to be called doctors or to even hold a syringe.
These quacks that diagnose kidney problems as malaria. It's only God we have that watches out for us. All of us for don die for dokito hand.

You've only succeeded in abusing me without making any sense.

clap for yourself, you try.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by justi4jesu(f): 7:22am On Nov 08, 2015
From 130k to 15k... shocked shocked shocked shocked This slash is painful. sad
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 7:23am On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
And as an architect, are you working for your clients for free......? Whats the pretence for

I don't get your point. Try express your thought more clearly.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 08, 2015
awesome11:

Only if you realise you are more comical!
Your mentality is very rude and pedestrian.It's no coincidence that countries who have duely appreciated the engineering profession are the blessed ones. Quality engineering practice has a way it affects the health sector.

I'm a final year of mechanical engineering and I know how much solutions I have proferred to industrial problems and how I have been heavily paid for it.

Anyway, "engineers don't read book and pass exam". We design and optimize systems for the betterment of humanity!
My brother do not mind that guy with a shallow brain, I have always said it, Nigeria will always be backward if they continue this "Medicine is the all and all" syndrome. These people should not forget that Engineers bring a lot of the word development and industrialization to the table, infact, the word development is synonymous to Engineering. If 80% of Engineering problems have been solved in Nigeria and Nigerians appreciate Engineers then Health issues would be reduced by 30 - 50%. Take for instance Transportation & Civil Engineering (will definitely reduce accident), Environmental Engineering (reduce Malaria,Typhoid etc.), Agricultural Engineering, Electrical Engineering etc. Some system of Nigerians need to be rewired tho..

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 7:24am On Nov 08, 2015
menix:

Hahahaha...
See this Ediot, do I look like ur mate who still struggle for front row in the class..

We re not on same cadre dawg, so go down the ladder till u fit in..

Son of a Vulture .

Son of a Vulture

Your frustration is so funny to me I almost felk off my chair while laughing.

My guy switch to Comedy abeg...you could be our next Ali Baba!!! lmao!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pmann2(m): 7:26am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

No wonder the Nigerian youth are unemployed. I'm sure if Doctors storm the Labour market they will get the same jobs people are shouting is unavailable because our youths are so unemployable. They just think their job is to go to school and get certificate whatever the grade. That's why Doctors will always be valued cos we don't use grades in our Certificate, it's either you pass or you fail. Hence we're being trained to be useful not just based on certificate which one Engineer dey try compare but on what you can do.

After all I have just said above can you please define HUMANENGINEERING & BIOENGINEERING?

Just do that and you'll see d folly in what you just said.

There is absolutely no correlation between what I said and what you are saying... Please read and try to understand before replying it will even help you in ur medical profession. Doctors are careful people and to be honest with you, Am a bit disappointed in ur replies so far. Who is talking about certificate here. Am talking about the practical world, you are saying something else. For your information, I have so many medical doctors as friends. We grew up together and i was far better than most of them but I chose to study engineering and they chose medicine. Medicine is not as difficult and tasking as most persons think.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by mechanics(m): 7:28am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:
What sort of rubbish is this? Does this government have any sense? How would you pay a certified medical doctor 15K

cc. lalasticlala
u wont blame dem, its base on d realities on ground.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by mechanics(m): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2015
Den hw much wil dey pay odas?
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by encryptjay(m): 7:30am On Nov 08, 2015
CravingChic:

And its not usually for good or promising news....meanwhile this Buhari govt na suffering and no smiling.
Hmmmmm...Don't you think he needs sometime?
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 7:32am On Nov 08, 2015
Datazone:

My brother do not mind that guy with a shallow brain, I have always said it, Nigeria will always be backward of they continue this "Medicine is the all and all" syndrome. These people should not forget that Engineers bring a lot of the word development and industrialization to the table, infact, the word development is synonymous to Engineering. If 80% of Engineering problems have been solved in Nigeria and Nigerians appreciate Engineers then Health issues would be reduced by 30 - 50%. Take for instance Transportation & Civil Engineering (will definitely reduce accident), Environmental Engineering (reduce Malaria,Typhoid etc.), Agricultural Engineering, Electrical Engineering etc. Some system of Nigerians need to be rewired tho..

Even the developed countries that have all these hullabaloo you just posted still have Doctors as the highest paid civil servants but this country without a pinch of it want the Doctors to be treated like them and encourage the government to pay them equally. Only in Naija where their citizens think with their anus.

Nigerian doctors are amongst the lowest paid doctors in the world, yet people still complain....go and check, the minimum WHO salary for a doc should be $2,500/month. Calculate dat and ask me how many doctors in Nigeria earn dat minimum wage, yet you shout that they should be cut in dr salary. I guess you know better than the American government and WHO who are major.

More Nigerians are pushing to leave d country and y'all still complaining. I pity you guys especially Ebonyi indigenes.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by mrphysics(m): 7:35am On Nov 08, 2015
TruthTella:

YOU PHYSICS STUDENTS ARE THE ONES THAT WILL ALWAYS REMAIN POOR, NOT DOCTORS, YOU BITTER ENEMY OF PROGRESS.
If your hatred and bad wishes for others had not blinded you you would have been able to read and understand what I wrote. Let me write it again, try to calm your hatred and read to understand.
Medical doctors expose themselves to potentially fatal diseases everyday at work, if they are not paid sufficiently then where are they supposed to get money to treat themselves if they accidentally get infected with the constant exposure?
And the profession is demanding, you have to be available 24/7 for patients. You barely have time for yourself or your family.
And whether you like it or not, the profession is very valuable and prestigious because it deals with life and life itself is valuable so the prestige of doctors has to reflect in their salaries.
If you feel your profession should get the same thing as doctors then fight for it instead of wishing for the downfall of others.
is nt a matter of fighting, because d likes of u likes SARAKI turned politicians will nt like to correct d mistake they probably learnt from USA and Oda countries. do u knw how much Physics hav contributed to medicine, common, its in ur textbooks. no one is hating bt for u to accept oda professionals shud collect 60k a yr and u 130k? its a greed. u r just here talking abt d superiority of ur course and u hav forgotten how dependent every course is people r busy making research to improve our health care system and u r here talking trash. DOCTORS WILL ALWAYS B ON STRIKE AND AVERAGE except they seek oda means of survival.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by azat: 7:35am On Nov 08, 2015
zed7:

Are you people actually doctors? If not that naija is a jungle majority of you are not qualified to be called doctors or to even hold a syringe.
These quacks that diagnose kidney problems as malaria. It's only God we have that watches out for us. All of us for don die for dokito hand.
Dude, envy and sentiments have clouded your sense.

May your relatives in the viallage, your family members and all those you hold to heart in Nigeria never find a doctor when they need one? When that your little nephew is convulsing from mengitis, may he never see a doctor in Nigeria? Let them call the pastors. Kid!!

Hipocrite!!!!

Its your type that drive the doctors away. They use taxpayers money to subsidise their training, pay them 180k immediately after school, 130k at nysc, and they write USLMEand PLAB and leave to practise in UK and US. No wonder more naija trained docs practise abroad than at home....and it will even get worse.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 08, 2015
Bridgy450:
The thing is they are expected to work 24/7 and live inside the hopital premises. Ebonyi state general hospitals have just one permanent medical officer, so they depend on corpers a lot. This 2015 batch A corp members haven't been paid a dime since they started work. Olrotimi step in......
Doc I'm right in and to say the least I'm really bemused by the comments. We least expect anyone to understand the challenges of medics as the society is hardwired to think of us as 'exceptionally favored and pampered '.
With this arrangement, a med copa now earns less than half of what a hospital cleaner earns. I think it's a shame to the profession and an insult to hardwork we've put in to become who we are.
I'm short of words really, it's now the copas who are taking the fall for 'dwindling economic fortunes' or to put it bluntly, copas are taking the fall for the ineptitude of the president and his economic team. While the kids who lack foresight are rejoicing at this development, the smart ones would realize that the future of our youths is history already. Biko Bridgy450, do and gerrara-there, so you can practice your profession where you'd be well appreciated and where you'd get due reward for your worth.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by ayusco85(m): 7:38am On Nov 08, 2015
safarigirl:
lol ....the government apparently does not value the lives of the people of Ebonyi.

That is more than a 70% slash. Is life worth 15k? Don't they know that's a high risk job?

If na me, I no go serve

Ur maths skills is appalling. It's more than 70% miss.

Ur welcome
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Buchoalfa: 7:38am On Nov 08, 2015
They can choose Katsina or redeploy to Katsina if they won't take 15k
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by menix(m): 7:39am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

Son of a Vulture

Your frustration is so funny to me I almost felk off my chair while laughing.

My guy switch to Comedy abeg...you could be our next Ali Baba!!! lmao!

When will you learn, always proof read the gibberish u keep typing..

Ali Baba dey learn work, so come up with something else..
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by DrTeeee(m): 7:39am On Nov 08, 2015
This is actually not the first time they are slashing medical personel allawe. They slashed it to 10k in 2012. I knw this cus I was psted there for service that year but had to deffer! I was told they just recently returned it to 130k, and now this!
Well, am sure everyone will have something to say about this. But the truth is a medical corper cannot be cmpared to other corpers! U can't imagine the workload put on them! The health sectr is under staffed, the corper becomes the scape goat!
Even as a vet I worked 7 days a week! Sunday inclusive! No public holiday!(8am to 6pm most of the days) because life is precious, even animal lifes! I dnt think anyone wud perform optimally with a 15k monthly stipend! Its a NO NO! Not under those working conditions!!

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 7:40am On Nov 08, 2015
pmann2:

There is absolutely no correlation between what I said and what you are saying... Please read and try to understand before replying it will even help you in ur medical profession. Doctors are careful people and to be honest with you, Am a bit disappointed in ur replies so far. Who is talking about certificate here. Am talking about the practical world, you are saying something else. For your information, I have so many medical doctors as friends. We grew up together and i was far better than most of them but I chose to study engineering and they chose medicine. Medicine is not as difficult and tasking as most persons think.

All you have done is evade the question I asked you and hide your ignorance. I asked you to define what you asked of me you're here saying you have Doctors as friends and was far better than them. Like who cares??

How does that relate to the misinformation you were trying to pass across? but I'm not surprised cos when peoples ignorance is about to be exposed on issues like ds, they quickly switch tent and play the "I chose engineering" & "i have so many doctor friends" bullshyte. Who cares

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by kevoh(m): 7:40am On Nov 08, 2015
Oh well, harsh times harsh measures undecided Ebonyi doctors make una see am as service to the nation. It's just 9 to 10 months and you are done with NYSC. Biko, make una manage am. The state is broke.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by ayusco85(m): 7:41am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-KR2W7Dn0SvE/Vj5TMvyjzSI/AAAAAAAHPIY/6esPCjEeK-w/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]

While Pharmacists & Nurses who were earning #91,000 and #79,000 respectively, are now to be paid 5k. Photo Credit: Twitter @obaino_

www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/11/monthly-allowance-of-corper-doctors-in.html?m=1

It's not yet implemented. Called some Corp members I knw thr and they said it's not true.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by joyweaweh: 7:43am On Nov 08, 2015
Its not salary cut but allowance cut for NYSC doctors and nurses.it does not affect all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Corper In Court For Having Sex With Married Woman / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.