Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k (68839 Views)

FG Set To Increase Allowance Of Corpers - NYSC DG / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Sokoto State Increases Allowance Of Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by bigsmoke2(m): 6:48am On Nov 08, 2015
No amount of explanation can make an outsider undersatnd the rigours we face to become doctors only when u expirience it. Bsc course get long holidays sometime 2_3 months after every semester,the total official holiday u will get from year1till you graduate alltogether is about 3 month. As an undergraduate u write exams like every month. And this exam for every question you fail u loose a mark and the lowest u can get is 50%anything less is failure. Once you fail 3 times in professional exams you will be sent away from medical school. Sometimes they wake you in the middle of the night to come and observe surgery. If CGPA was being used in medical school then the lowest a doctor can graduate with will be a 3.0 because pass in all course is 50 marks. So a doctor collecting 130k is even underpaid. A country of over 170 million has only 35,000 doctors . Every graduating set in medical school more than 50% will migrate abroad where they are appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 6:50am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

Just leave d foool to himself....I said it very soon Naija go find doctor den no go see...

imagine comparing Engineer to Doctor....wetin Engineer fit do pass to read book and pass exam....most medical students in 500level have started treating patients sef talkless of person wey don graduate, finish housejob con begin serve again sef...very comical.

Only if you realise you are more comical!
Your mentality is very rude and pedestrian.It's no coincidence that countries who have duely appreciated the engineering profession are the blessed ones. Quality engineering practice has a way it affects the health sector.

I'm a final year of mechanical engineering and I know how much solutions I have proferred to industrial problems and how I have been heavily paid for it.

Anyway, "engineers don't read book and pass exam". We design and optimize systems for the betterment of humanity!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
why all these humanity stuff Do you expect them to engage in prostitution for their upkeep because its a call to humanity Oh no, please put your self in their shoe. Would you have been happy having your Allowance slaahed down to that level?

Madam calm down, other professionals that spent roughly same amount of time, resources and effort in their studies survive on meager allowances during the service year, some only on nysc allowee. Docs & Nurses have 2 stomachs? C'mon this is service year, when it's come and gone, u can get or create a job and earn as much as you wish. Not like am in support of the yeye state government tho, I stated that earlier too.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pmann2(m): 6:51am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

Just leave d foool to himself....I said it very soon Naija go find doctor den no go see...

imagine comparing Engineer to Doctor....wetin Engineer fit do pass to read book and pass exam....most medical students in 500level have started treating patients sef talkless of person wey don graduate, finish housejob con begin serve again sef...very comical.

Don't worry, very soon engineering machines will do better than medical doctors. Engineers are already working on that.. Is just to give the computer instructions and a robot more precise and better than humans will carry out the operation. Medicine will always be useful but medical doctors will lose value as technology gets better.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by menix(m): 6:51am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

what has your proofreading done to your life?

it has only made you eye other hardworkers salaries....lazy fellow.

If ur fada was not a Lazy fellow, 130k won't make ur drool..

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Godsate: 6:53am On Nov 08, 2015
oweman:
Don't seethe need why so much is earned by coppers
Do those copper manufacture life ?
Nigeria sha treating doctors as special people since 1960 .

I think they are serving their father's land. Why that much in the first place? And other coppers not well paid.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 6:54am On Nov 08, 2015
pmann2:

Don't worry, very soon engineering machines will do better than medical doctors. Engineers are already working on that.. Is just to give the computer instructions and a robot more precise and better than humans will carry out the operation. Medicine will always be useful but medical doctors will lose value as technology gets better.

And so d engineer will be d one to operate and instruct the Robot on where to operate in d body right?

Or you even think Medicine is all about Surgery right?

The more people try to downplay Doctors the more they just make a foool of themselves.

very ridiculous statement you made Mr Engineer.

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by bigsmoke2(m): 6:54am On Nov 08, 2015
I can say without fear of contradiction
that no robot can replace doctors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Ferdinandu(m): 6:55am On Nov 08, 2015
psychologist:
Engineering corpers will be like
Abeg that Doctors overhyped allowance do pained us Engineering corpers during My NYSC. I served in Engineering firm during my NYSC and the only Medical Corper serving in the company’s Clinic was receiving allowance 10 times our own and coupled with the fact that he was given a flat as his accommodation while we Engineering corpers and others were staying 2 per room. We were like what the heck!!!. Did they obtain their own certificate from Mars and our own we pick it from dustbin in Ajegunle.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by tete7000(m): 6:55am On Nov 08, 2015
misspresident:
if this news is true, then this is rubbish. what is wrong with this country for heaven sake?

What is wrong? Our government officials seek health care abroad.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 6:58am On Nov 08, 2015
menix:

If ur fada was not a Lazy fellow, 130k won't make ur drool..

You're not only very fooolish, you also have a disorganized upbringing.

are you not the one thinking of changing future becos of your cousin's Discussion Continue?

You're a waste of time. go and find your level.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pmann2(m): 7:01am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

And so d engineer will be d one to operate and instruct the Robot on where to operate in d body right?

Or you even think Medicine is all about Surgery right?

The more people try to downplay Doctors the more they just make a foool of themselves.

very ridiculous statement you made Mr Engineer.

You don't understand the angle am coming from, the truth is that most developed countries uses engineer technology to solve medical problems with little or no stress. Nigeria doctors are far behind most of them can't even work in advance hospitals with recent technology. Have you heard of BIOENGINEERING and HUMANENGINEERING

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by bigsmoke2(m): 7:01am On Nov 08, 2015
Imagine u are in need of surgery which doctor would u prefer the one being paid 130k or the one being paid 15k

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by zed7: 7:01am On Nov 08, 2015
Most private hospitals don't pay full doctors with experience that 130k sef. Some doctors nor dey see reach 100k a month.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by ExperTrait(m): 7:01am On Nov 08, 2015
Its nt a bad one joor....19.8k FG allawee plus 15k statte allawee..dats a good bargain..wot of oda proffessions dat re just paid 19.8k like me an engineer..FG needs to re acess this tin ooo..dats y doctors hijack the duty of a pharmacist, physiologist, anatomist n even nurses sef to justify d moni paid..every body must nt b a doc na..shebi dem say d profession na selfless service na?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 08, 2015
OH my GOD, am I mad why should Nigerian government do this to a certified graduate............. abeg make una leave that work go dey sell garri e pay pass that work
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 7:03am On Nov 08, 2015
awesome11:

Only if you realise you are more comical!
Your mentality is very rude and pedestrian.It's no coincidence that countries who have duely appreciated the engineering profession are the blessed ones. Quality engineering practice has a way it affects the health sector.

I'm a final year of mechanical engineering and I know how much solutions I have proferred to industrial problems and how I have been heavily paid for it.

Anyway, "engineers don't read book and pass exam". We design and optimize systems for the betterment of humanity!

If you've truly proffered solutions and get paid heavily, why you all complaining then?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 7:04am On Nov 08, 2015
bigsmoke2:
No amount of explanation can make an outsider undersatnd the rigours we face to become doctors only when u expirience it. Bsc course get long holidays sometime 2_3 months after every semester,the total official holiday u will get from year1till you graduate alltogether is about 3 month. As an undergraduate u write exams like every month. And this exam for every question you fail u loose a mark and the lowest u can get is 50%anything less is failure. Once you fail 3 times in professional exams you will be sent away from medical school. Sometimes they wake you in the middle of the night to come and observe surgery. If CGPA was being used in medical school then the lowest a doctor can graduate with will be a 3.0 because pass in all course is 50 marks. So a doctor collecting 130k is even underpaid. A country of over 170 million has only 35,000 doctors . Every graduating set in medical school more than 50% will migrate abroad where they are appreciated.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic but I think no amount of explanation will make an outsider understand the difficulties we pass through to become engineers, architects et al.

I spend roughly only three hours or thereabout sleeping daily. It's an equally tough task to read books, make designs, models and simulations, make tedious calculations to achieve our aims and equally have to be updated with current global technologies. Only if you intend to say it's easier being an engineering graduate and not an ENGINEER.

As for doctors flying out for the money, it's happening in every profession. There's a reason trained engineers are flying over to Northern Europe to get better goodies!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by bigsmoke2(m): 7:04am On Nov 08, 2015
pmann2:

You don't understand the angle am coming from, the truth is that most developed countries uses engineer technology to solve medical problems with little or no stress. Nigeria doctors are far behind most of them can't even work in advance hospitals with recent technology. Have you heard of BIOENGINEERING and HUMANENGINEERING

The technology is sill being operated by medical doctors

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by emmanuelmichael(m): 7:04am On Nov 08, 2015
Not fair
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by azat: 7:04am On Nov 08, 2015
Its simple. Just give them 2 more batches of corpers and not a single health worker will be found in the whole state. Their rural health care will crash. Primary health care will crash too. Thank goodness corpers can now choose their states. I pity the masses, esp the rural masses.

How can you pay nurses and pharmacist 5k Crazy.

Our leaders should lead by example. Let the accountant general publish equivalent reduction in her salaries and allowance, same with other principal political officers. Leave the poor doctors alone. Even if a reducation is warranted, you do it by more than 70%? Who does that?

And to all of you showing your envy and disapproval about docs and other healthworkers, you guys should go and hug big wet transformers. You guys are pathetic, envious and sentimental folks. Your eyes always fixed on doctors and co. It is sth I have discovered in Nigerians...Bad belle and pull him down syndrome is too much. What will make you guys happy is not to receive good pay as corper docs, nOpe. Wat makes you happy is to see them receive your meagre pays. That is called bad belle. Instead of fightingf to PUSH yourselves UP, you prefer to fight to PULL others DOWN. Poverty-ransacked mentality affacting the Nigerian youth. If I know that doctors in the oil sectors get up to 600K, it doesnt make me fight for them to come down to my 100k, for eg. If i dont like it, I ask for my increase rather their decrease. But nope. Here everyone must pull the others down to their level for peace to reign. Na poverty I blame pass.

Esp these "engineers". You guys suck. If you knew your worth, if your professional elders knew your worth, if your professional associations knew your worth, you will not be earning 5K and be made to teach. It is failure of your elders and teachers. You guys should suck it up and stop whining like jealous kids. Take your eyes off healthworkers, they are not your problems at all. Focus and asserting your own relevance and worth, not on slighting the relevance and worth of others. It wont help you and those coming after you.

Mark my words. This will not pull through. It is only a proposal. Last 2 yrs, they attempted it too, paying docs 5k for some months. Nobody told them to go back to status quo when they saw the calamity befalling their health systems, and paid the arreas accrued when they paod 5k. Give them batches, they would realise its beta to pay corpers 100k than paying full time medical officers 200k.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by akagson: 7:04am On Nov 08, 2015
sexysensation:

Na wa...... angry in other news flex dis from fridays to sundays jare

AIRTEL users!! AIRTEL Nigeria has just introduced weekend data bundle capped at 1024mb (1gb) for just #100 only..

Dial *474*1# to activate!
Dial *140# to check
Wow! Have you tried it? Hope they don't zap the mb as usual.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pet4ril(f): 7:05am On Nov 08, 2015
awesome11:

Yea, I'm not denying that fact but to think Corp members of medical expertise are justifiably paid far better than others who equally provide the society with their productive inputs is uncalled for. They are all on the NYSC scheme and should be equally treated as such!
what of the risks involved in medical line... What of the ahufts they do? If they are just like other NYSCs, that's why i said their services will be limited as well
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Ilaje44(m): 7:06am On Nov 08, 2015
love23a:
[s]Biafra Biafra.

A man walk into Onitsha restratrant asking for uche leg,ngozi yash,ify ear and eba. The seller replies.

Since another Biafra protest this morning did not allow me to capture anybody to cook .

I am a full supporter of Biafra, the man reply because ngozi did not allow me to fxxxk her before this Biafra protest start. Thank God p
For this Biafra movement.

All those women with ikebe in my area , are for pepersoup

On Biafra we stand.
[/s]

And you're probably proud to write this nonsense aren't you? You these thoughtless children deserve not only a ban but a real good spanking. What an idiocy!
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by effty(m): 7:06am On Nov 08, 2015
We all re corpers. I was a certified Marine Engineer but I wasn't treated any differently.
homesteady:
What sort of rubbish is this? Does this government have any sense? How would you pay a certified medical doctor 15K

cc. lalasticlala
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by donodion(m): 7:06am On Nov 08, 2015
but governors,LGA chairmen and councillors could earn hundreds of thousands besides allowances and benefits, which include overseas treatment.
Nigerians are enemies of their own.

The brain drain continues, more healthcare professionals shall continue to move abroad, simple!.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by CravingChic: 7:08am On Nov 08, 2015
encryptjay:
Ebonyi state grin
I hear the name of this state once in a Blue moon

And its not usually for good or promising news....meanwhile this Buhari govt na suffering and no smiling.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by zed7: 7:08am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

Are you people actually doctors? If not that naija is a jungle majority of you are not qualified to be called doctors or to even hold a syringe.
These quacks that diagnose kidney problems as malaria. It's only God we have that watches out for us. All of us for don die for dokito hand.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Toks2008(m): 7:09am On Nov 08, 2015
doctortope:
Why would any reasonable government do that and expect commitments to work from the medical personnel they are paying stipends?

in the first instance i think 130k is way too high for a corper but if there should be reducton i think 50k nakes sense and not what is suggested.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by JaaizTech: 7:09am On Nov 08, 2015
My Verdict: I have always thought the disparity was too wide, but I do not support the Ebonyi Govt's decision, I would have rather preferred it was reduced from 170K to like 100k, while the savings is used to pay other corpers more. may be something in the range of 40k-50K. Engineers, Doctors, Pharmacist etc are all professionals and I do not think one professional is better than the other.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by TruthTella(m): 7:11am On Nov 08, 2015
mrphysics:
suffice it to say dat its now a fight for selfish gains, since what odas suffered in d uni doesn't concern u, u r only interested of been paid for d pain U went tru. Nigerians. I guess u think u r d only one dat suffered. my friend if u think u can get d money elsewhere, dia is an option called "EXCEPTION" in NYSC. [s]dis is d obvious reason u guys will always b on strike and poor too[/s]. opening clinics with no patients here and there. even herbal doctors r more productive dan u. u do surgery and so what? teach an engineering students how to do surgery and he will do t better dan u. my friend we all went tru dsame hard training and u read and crammed more dan I do
YOU PHYSICS STUDENTS ARE THE ONES THAT WILL ALWAYS REMAIN POOR, NOT DOCTORS, YOU BITTER ENEMY OF PROGRESS.
If your hatred and bad wishes for others had not blinded you you would have been able to read and understand what I wrote. Let me write it again, try to calm your hatred and read to understand.
Medical doctors expose themselves to potentially fatal diseases everyday at work, if they are not paid sufficiently then where are they supposed to get money to treat themselves if they accidentally get infected with the constant exposure?
And the profession is demanding, you have to be available 24/7 for patients. You barely have time for yourself or your family.
And whether you like it or not, the profession is very valuable and prestigious because it deals with life and life itself is valuable so the prestige of doctors has to reflect in their salaries.
If you feel your profession should get the same thing as doctors then fight for it instead of wishing for the downfall of others.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by freecocoa(f): 7:12am On Nov 08, 2015
Something needs to be done about the mentality in this country, while I understand the need for cash, threatening to let patients die because of money is just not right, the need to be a doctor/medical personnel should stem from the passion to save lives not the class and money associated with the title, little wonder people die everyday in hospitals for lack of funds.

Meanwhile 15k is too poor, medical work is not easy, those corpers need to be encouraged and appreciated, same goes for other corpers too.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Corper In Court For Having Sex With Married Woman / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.