Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. (61364 Views)

2 Colleagues Fight Over Same Man They Are Dating In Office / What Ladies Should Learn From Adesua And Banky W / 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Atom57(m): 12:39am On Dec 21, 2015
I agree with you OP... Any way visit www.adeatom..com for the latest news,breaking news,sport news,celeb gist and many more.

Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 21, 2015
2. Takes An Extra Effort To Woo A Lady:
Hmm.. Interesting! It depends on the individual! Although I can't take no for an answer [I could die] but can deal with it. The ones who battle with fear of rejections are filled with filth cause things are pure to those who are themselves pure - you don't need to cook up nothing for a babe, no! Just create or infuse the right 'scent' in the air and it will magnetize her, all you'll do is to watch her walk right in! Like I said, if the 'scent' is offensive to her senses, then you just chill!
Just the way there're different fragrance of deodorant, Cologne, airfresher etc is the same with every individual. If one doesn't yield, unto the next!
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by LewisO: 12:49am On Dec 21, 2015
Harbosede02:
Never ever will I make any move on any guy......Never!!!green light or red light am nt gonna make anything obvious.
That's a big lie. And you know it. smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 21, 2015
I'll give a partial pass on #3
4. who cares what's in vogue and wht's not? it's what you want that counts! Is not everyone who's keen on making friends; if you ask me, i'm one of em! You are the one who wants something and if you're unable to break me or make me bend my rules, then you don't deserve me.
So i'll gladly say it's not a matter of hard to get but weak to stick around! The same applies to the rest.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by smoby(m): 12:58am On Dec 21, 2015
I once love this girl,I told her my mind bt instead of getting a yes or no, she said she only love me as a brother, I don sarch net tirelessly for the meanning bt I no seegrin
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by kay29000(m): 12:59am On Dec 21, 2015
LaurelP:
Well I've dated like 7 girls all my life and I never walked up to any of them to start the usual "toasting"! Usually we just become friends and from there, things take off!

My advice to ladies is they should tone down their egos and attitude a bit. Men are very simple creatures, we are easy to manipulate if I can use that word. All a lady needs is to be different and be friendly and you see guys dying to have you.
If you keep acting hard to get you attract players who would want to prove that they can and will get you at all cost.

My 2 cents.

Whoa!!! You are so onpoint.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Bamz(m): 1:00am On Dec 21, 2015
khiaa:

I agree 100%, I have no problem walking up to a man that I find interesting and starting a conversation with him, in 2015 are there still women who are afraid to approach a man?

Thank goodness. Are you even sure you're a Nigerian?

I saw some girls vehemently stating they would never make any bit of move (subtle or not)... this is 2015 and it's shocking people can still be stuck up and so red-necked.

Sometime ago, a friend of mine gave me the green light, even though we couldn't take things up a notch, she respected my reason and we laughed afterwards about her whole process of giving me the green light like 10+ months after when she really did open up about it.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by khiaa(f): 1:01am On Dec 21, 2015
tommychow:
OP, it's naij girls. They still backwards...no offense. In Jand, it's pretty normal. In fact, the naij girls there had to adapt and turn up back when I was in uni. It's just like you mentioned, they don't throw themselves at you and be like "you're really hot, I want you" NAH! They become friendly by making eye contact and saying "hello" when they see you, SIMPLE! As a sharp guyz
you'll go with the flow because she has built a welcoming atmosphere. No awkwardness, no pressure.

Naij girls underestimate the power of "hi" and a smile. Look it up, the idea of hard-to-get is about not agreeing easily to dates, sex or not being readily available. Hard-to-get has nothing to do with being FREAKIN RUDE. RAZZ GIRLS!!!

Lmao..Give this man a cookie, I agree 100% grin. Ladies just say hello, how are you and show those pearly whites, you will brighten his day.grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Bamz(m): 1:01am On Dec 21, 2015
smoby:
I once love this girl,I told her my mind bt instead of getting a yes or no, she said she only love me as a brother, I don sarch net tirelessly for the meanning bt I no seegrin

Dude move on!
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Sigo86(m): 1:01am On Dec 21, 2015
Estharfabian:
this is So Not gonna happen! embarassed

Continue forming Old soldier, die-hard.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by ritzyvic1(m): 1:01am On Dec 21, 2015
I will be getting married soon and the funny thing is that it's the girls in question that made the 1st move. She simply walked up to me and commended the article I contributed in a magazine. But wooing her actually took me months afterwards. Sharp girls now know how to subtly get what they want without appearing cheap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Sigo86(m): 1:04am On Dec 21, 2015
Horlertoungy:

With this ur pretty face and beautiful body, you I believe men are falling heads over heals because of you.

Pretty face nd beautiful body kwa grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by safo99(m): 1:06am On Dec 21, 2015
Omotayor123:

What kind of a girl will say yes to your proposal at once. Except of course, if you have been friends for a while!
Y wud d gurl say No wen she is still gonna say YES later.. Am wit u on this @cutehector.. Met a gurl we bcame frends for a while den I asked her out she said no..I neva asked her out again.. Afta a month she is d one showing d green light.. Always calling, buying me gifts etc.. It was too late cos I started dating someone else.. Till nw we are frends and she is still digging me..

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by politicalpastor: 1:16am On Dec 21, 2015
Toks2008:

The green lght is the first move im implying.

Who ever wrote this is a wonderful thinker and a writer.
That is exactly what is happening here in america.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by khiaa(f): 1:17am On Dec 21, 2015
Bamz:

Thank goodness. Are you even sure you're a Nigerian?

I saw some girls vehemently stating they would never make any bit of move (subtle or not)... this is 2015 and it's shocking people can still be stuck up and so red-necked.

Sometime ago, a friend of mine gave me the green light, even though we couldn't take things up a notch, she respected my reason and we laughed afterwards about her whole process of giving me the green light like 10+ months after when she really did open up about it.

Lolcheesy I'm American.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Bamz(m): 1:21am On Dec 21, 2015
khiaa:

Lolcheesy I'm American.

Well if it's true, no surprise afaic. I've had encounters with Guyanese and South African chicks. They're nothing close compared with our chicks here on this issue. It's a Nigerian thing I believe.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by khiaa(f): 1:38am On Dec 21, 2015
Bamz:

Well if it's true, no surprise afaic. I've had encounters with Guyanese and South African chicks. They're nothing close compared with our chicks here on this issue. It's a Nigerian thing I believe.

It doesn't mean that you are throwing yourself at a man, you could see something you like in him and say hello to start a conversation and if he is feeling you, you both can exchange contact information and see where it goes from there.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Revolva(m): 1:40am On Dec 21, 2015
grin grin grin naija gals n there dieing in silence attitude...i beg all dis one no de enter their head..na only to de jealous dem sabi well well
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Bamz(m): 1:42am On Dec 21, 2015
khiaa:

It doesn't mean that you are throwing yourself at a man, you could see something you like in him and say hello to start a conversation and if he is feeling you, you both can exchange contact information and see where it goes from there.

smiley

You should hold a webinar or sth for Nigeria based female Nairalanders.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 21, 2015
Very nice post OP. Esp that No.4

There was this fine girl i saw in my neighborhood whom i tried being friendly with. I went to her and tried to start up a conversation and if you see the way she looked at me in disdain like i was something that crawled out from under a rock! She just blurted a "Please i don't have time for this now" and moved on leaving me dazed and wondering what i said wrong.

Fast forward to almost a year later and this same lady is doing everything humanly and psychologically possible to get my attention (she started doing this about 7 Months ago "3 Months after i tried to woo her") and i just pretend as if she does not exist!

If i enter the estate shopping mall and she sees me go in, she will remember she has to buy something and come to the same aisle where i am trying to pick stuff. If she see's me reclining in front of my house, she will pass and "re-pass" over 10 times while swinging her hips provocatively just for me to notice her. All those moves and i just act like i am Stevie Wonder.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Heymus(m): 1:52am On Dec 21, 2015
misspicy:
well i still will not be caught making a first move or asking a guy out....i might show him i like him but it starts and ends there,i wouldnt voice it out because from things i have seen and heard it most times backfire,eg the girl lose her self worth and makes her feel less and some guys will keep reminding them they made d move on them so they should face whatever....

well forget all we see online and what few guys say,most guys will use it against the girl at some point.
you're very right jor. You shouldn't spell it out cos eventually, you'ill lose your self worth, i will rather appreciate a green light nothing more and thats the truth. Ladies, dont say it out to guys "this is Africa"
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by MadCow1: 2:00am On Dec 21, 2015
Toks2008:
We have heard of the stigma that comes with a lady making a first move on a man and with the African mentality, a lady would rather wait and hope that that guy that gives her goose pimples would just walk up to her and woo her but most times,this never happens and when the man who does not catch her fancy comes her way,she will bark at him so ferociously as if the guy is responsible for her "timidity"

I have actually sat down to reason deeply about this issue and i have come to a solid conclusion that judging from the happenings of today,it will be a wise thing for a lady to stop waiting and hoping that one guy she wants will just read her mind and walk up to her and i would like you all to see 7 realistic reasons why you should give that guy a green light without outrightly wooing him if you truly want him rather than wait and pray he comes your way.

[size=13pt] 1.Many men are confused and don't know what they want: [/size]Yes many guys are so confused and ths has nothing to do with imaturity.Each day, a guy sees different ladies of different ersonalities, colors,curves and beauty and just when they are thinking about dating a lady, they see another one that looks even more alluring to him and on and on he gets so lost as to which lady to go for even when he is not sure which one will say yes to him but when you give him a green light,,he is likely to let down his guards and settle for you. Guys love daring ladies and we find them amusing

[size=13pt]2.Takes an extra effort to woo a lady:[/size] Don't be deceived when you see a dude and you start thinking he has all the ladies in the world after him because in actual fact, many guys battle with fear of rejection even the sweet looking ones. No matter how sweet looking a man is, he usually plans his moves and they know there is a possibility of you turning them down but maybe just a sweet flirtatious glance or sweet smile from you to him will make him more relaxed and feel more confident to approach you and pour out those lyrics.

[size=13pt]3.Most responsible guys are shy or don't have that time to woo a lady:[/size] The bottom line is that in most cases,those bold and daring guys that walk up to you are playboys but the more reliable,responsible and purposeful guys are shy or don't even know how to woo a lady or are too devoted to their career to do that so if you see that sweet looking dude,just say hi to him and if he does not catch the drift,he is on his own.

[size=13pt]4.Hard to get syndrome:[/size] Some ladies still think playing hard to get is in vogue..I am one guy that will not bother you again if you give me any strong NO body language. I believe if you want me as a friend even if not as a date for a start at least be friendly with me and don't give me this appalling attitude. Honestly there are too many ladies out there for one girl to dey form hard to get and if i am a lady, i would rather prove hard to forget rather than hard to get.Many men don't even bother these days wooing ladies because they have that mindset that these ladies will end up forming and are easily drawn towards the ones that show them a green light.

[size=13pt] 5.Every lady deserves the man she desires: [/size] As guys,we are cool with the fact that we know what we want in our lady as regards her physical appearance and when we see such that meets up, we simply summon courage and walk up to her but in the case of a lady,it is expected of her to just sit and wait in hope that the guy walks up to her and it is considered improper for her to express her desire for that guy...how partial and wicked can this ever get?. I believe that What's sauce for the goose should also be sauce for the gander and i believe it is unfair for ladies to just cry in silence when they see a man they so desire and who might just desire them with hope that he makes the first move.

[size=13pt] 6.Making the first move on a guy is never the same as throwing yourself sheepishly at him: [/size] I have heard many people use these erroneous remarks that when a lady makes a first move on a guy then the guy will not value her or will see her as cheap...you never jam babe that will make the first move and will comport herself so well that the guy will have a rethink and value her even more than he ever imagined. When you make a first move on a guy,it does not mean you will start monkeying over him or be at his beck and call and yes you can make a first move on a guy and still deny him sex wella so ladies must understand that whoring over a guy is a total different ball game and making a first move is another.

[size=13pt]7.Economy crunch:[/size]In-fact in Nigeria, this has become number one deterrent as many guys have lost hope of ever getting a girl to truly desire them because to these,they will always believe its about money and not love. You will be amazed that the guy you are so much into is also deeply attracted to you but he has been thinking about his pocket and asking himself how on earth will he be able to meet up with "your standard" especially if you are the high class babe.But if you just show that guy a little encouragement,he just might overcome this thought and make that move.

The truth is that making a first move on a man can be done tactically and does not really mean throwing yourself at him or opening your legs for him to take undo advantage of you but you can go for the man you want and still maintain your dignity and he will respect you all the way.

I don't know if this makes sense but just thinking out loud.

You are a real Gee.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Morenzy15: 2:06am On Dec 21, 2015
Give your woman the best of sex life. Make it memorable, pleasurable that she will continue to beg you for more. Get this lovely Handsome Up Penis Enlargement Vacuum Pump Sex Extender for Men. It also really work in stopping Premature Ejaculation. It has no side effect, simple, easy to use and very effective. Don't die in silence when you can make your woman happy.
Quickly visit any of our online stores to get yours today
/morenzy-business-classic
www./fagbolade
www.kaymu.com.ng/seller/morenzy-business-classic
We deliver nationwide within 3-5 days.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by HDee(m): 2:21am On Dec 21, 2015
Hard to get If we still have ladies who do this, then its bleeping dumb, seriously??, also if I ever ask a lady out, and she's not interested, then a polite turn down is fine by me, but if you dare talk to me anyhow?? I will make your life miserable... Abi she dey craze ni? \-:
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by tpiar: 2:26am On Dec 21, 2015
NAJALYN:
Making the first move on a man by a lady has its advantages and disadvantages. Dont forget that the man has a family. Get Natural Remedies for your health from https://www.lynsnaturalhealth..com.

Jesus.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Aystarz: 2:30am On Dec 21, 2015
Harbosede02:
Never ever will I make any move on any guy......Never!!!green light or red light am nt gonna make anything obvious.

Those of you girls sounding like Abosede, I'm afraid, you all might never nail your dream man. This, as trivial as it looks, is one of the reason many ladies don't enjoy their marriages.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by saltoftheearth0(f): 2:39am On Dec 21, 2015
Ok this is not my story but its true and it happened yesterday. I went to a supermarket yesterday and walked straight to what I wanted. Saw two guys standing there and the cutest asked me how what I wanted to get tasted like.. It was the best pickup line and a very smooth one and then when I turned to respond our eyes met and we held our gaze for a while till I began explaining to him how it tasted. He became more curious and we started a conversation, it was brief though because i had to go and he was also done shopping with his friend. He asked for my name and brought out his hand for a handshake with a captivating locked gaze. As i walked away i thought of collecting his number but the typical naija babe in me had to chill, i told myself if he wanted to see more of me he would ask for my number. I hurriedly gathered the few things i came to buy and rushed to the counter to pay and i saw him at the other counter. I smiled and he smiled back but he never asked for my number. I still locked up. It was when i got to the parking lot i started looking out for him but he was nowhere to be found. Still wishing i bump into him someday and I still doubt I would ask for that number first. Don't blame me its the society we live in.

The Kitchener.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by tpiar: 2:44am On Dec 21, 2015
weird!
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by G8Arthur(m): 2:44am On Dec 21, 2015
Toks2008:
We have heard of the stigma that comes with a lady making a first move on a man and with the African mentality, a lady would rather wait and hope that that guy that gives her goose pimples would just walk up to her and woo her but most times,this never happens and when the man who does not catch her fancy comes her way,she will bark at him so ferociously as if the guy is responsible for her "timidity"

I don't know if this makes sense but just thinking out loud.

U said it all. I for one can't approach a lady without green light from her. Of course I will always excuse my tots dat she may either be involved with someone so y bother or that their are still ppl as gud as her out there. Smtin like, 'love is on d way' u knw. But it's a different ball game wen d gal approach first. I first respect d fact d person took the courage to either ask me out or so bcus I knw i dnt flaunt my selling points so definitely the lady may not be materially motivated and such is just gud for me.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Nobody: 2:46am On Dec 21, 2015
Very well done; in addition let me just state that even though men are easy lay, I mean we will stick our kini into any available wetin call we are however highly visual creatures, you must appeal to our sight before anything else, so don't go looking like some Sikirat and trying to hook up with some Denzel, it might blow back pretty bad, everyone should know their level.
Also when making the first move don't toast like man I.e. hey boy I like you, do you want to come to my place etc. this could be a major turn off and some times its just too much pressure; men still enjoy the chase, they just love to be sure of a win that's why he didn't make the first move. Instead, create opportunities e.g an accidental meeting on the stairs, or bumping into each other by mistake wink, or he knows someone you know and you both get invited coincidentally or just a flirtatious glance followed by a coy smile; or if you're more daring, get to know what he likes and happen to like it too and so the discussion is all about is silly obsession. The good thing is that once you've given him the opening, you can softly withdraw and let him take it from there.
Some guys require a good kick in the behind before they get the message, but whatever you do don't get desperate, that's just unshexy, there're so many fishes in the sea.
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by Aystarz: 2:48am On Dec 21, 2015
Richiy:
My kinda guys are usually shy and quiet. If I really like you, I don't mind making the first obvious move at all like bringing up conversations, inviting you somewhere like a show or something.

Even if we don't date, you and I have each made a friend.

If you still show disinterest and don"t get my drift, then off I go. No love lost or found.

^

Now that's a lady who'll have absolutely no problems settling down with the man of her dreams. You go girl!
Re: 7 Reasons Why ladies Should Make a First Move On The Man they desire. by tpiar: 2:48am On Dec 21, 2015
I don't know about you people but if I "coincidentally" keep meeting somebody too many times , that person na winchy winchy o.

so no, your juju no go work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

"You Are A Monkey" - Lebanese Man To Nigerian Lady Who Turned Him Down (Photos) / 5 Real Reasons Why Nigerian Men Patronize Prostitutes / I Am Confused In Choosing A Wife Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.