Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! (53947 Views)

Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? / Fashola Not Minister For Power,housing And Works Alone Says Buhari / Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Sagamite(m): 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
Gbawe:

Please today is not a day for your 'enemy of progress' bad belle. Almost all Nigerians, bar people like you, are happy with this development. We can even discern this on NL. Investor confidence in Nigeria, as a potential FDI investment destination, will be through the roof now. Bad news for enemies of progress and enemies of a progressive Nigeria.

Gba be! (Well said)

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by akin003(m): 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
meforyou1:
how on earth can a sensible human being merge power with works and housing

That's the beauty of those portfolio....they have a very unique common ground which make it very sensible to manage them together as smaller units in a much bigger picture.

Power+Works +Housing= INFRASTRUCTURE

BRF without doubt is an astute administrator, big picture, forward thinking and conceptual leader. He doesn't have to be an engineer to head this role, he just has to have the right engineers, planners and the works in the team.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by sochima1989(m): 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
hmmmmm its not about the technical know how cos ministers dont do the job but more of their managerial and will skill.
with the support of such good heads around him....am sure he's gonna do us well
Eddygourdo:
Wrong portfolio, a lawyer in works and power? haba

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by sunsewa: 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
Perfect for it,one of the capable people I see in APC, tested and trusted,but need a minister of state to assist him,to avoid work overload.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by miqos02(m): 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
cool
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by gsmmarketinfo: 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
I am really surprised that immaturity and mediocrity have taken over Nairaland Forum. Why all these insults and calling of names? I thought people were free to express their opinions on issues onboard?
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by kestolove95(m): 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
It use to b power and steal...dey use to have power to steel...bt nw, fash is d best for d job
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by ayo2pec(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
I expect the following:

1.Power to become constant. 24/7
2.Reconstruction of most Federal Roads - Starting from Lagos Ibadan
3.Mass Housing backed with Mortgage by working Nigerian, Not like when GEJ ask people to request for Houses without result

I see a great and eventful three and half year ahead,

May the Lord keep us to see Nigeria of our dream,

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by freekick: 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
I dey gbadun you my broda.
homirefacuny:

He was a SAN during his tenure as lagos state gomina. That's what we call versatility... Ability to effect your acumen in other fields.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by ubon85(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
dis is goodnews o...
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Echelle(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:
I tire ooo.
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
abitex577:
Round peg in round hole!!!

U people didnt tell us that d Lagos thief got a first degree in Mechanical production engineering before we started studying law grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by sochima1989(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
PMAN is coming after you...........its just another form of piracy that should stop..........nairaland plss do the right thing
DeeHaywire:
DJ Haywire's Slow But Dope Mixtape is out guys. Tha' best mixtape to listen in the morning with cool beats plus its lower in size (17mb) The tracklist is

1.Kid Ink Ft Chris Brown Show Me
2.Falz - Karishika ft. Phyno x Chigul
3.Kid Ink Ft Chris Brown Show Me
4.Runtown feat Wizkid Bend Down Pause
5.DJ JIMMY JATT Ft Wizkid - FEELING THE BEAT
6.Burna Boy - Soke
7.Ketchup - PamPam
8.Timaya - Sanko
9.DJ Shabsy Ft. Kiss Daniel & Sugarboy - Raba
10.Larry Kuti - Olowo Fe Dabira (fast rising act.... dowload at iPunjab.Me)
11.Timaya X Endia X Yung L - Original badman
12.Chris Brown ft Nicki Minaj - Love More
13.Praiz - Sisi ft. Wizkid
14.Phenom - Murda Dem Rmx ft Wizkid
15.Wande Coal Ft. 2Face Idibia - Make You Mine
16.KCEE - Turn by Turn
17.Wizkid - Sound It (Prod. By Sarz)
18.Patoranking - Gal ting riddim cover
19.Chidinma X M.I Abaga- Lorry
20.Mc Galaxy - Go Gaga ft. Cynthia Morgan & JimmyJatt
21.Viktoh ft lil kesh - Skibi dat
22.Wizkid - Ojuelegba (DJ Wal Redrum Refix)
23.Reekado Banks, TJan, Attitude - Coded
24.Patoranking Ft Wande Coal - My Woman My Everything
25.Saeon ft. Wizkid - Boogie Down

The dowload link is http://www.datafilehost.com/d/3cdff54e
Thank you

P.S Go on my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/djhaywire1 to see more updates. NL banned me from posting some of my other works

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by adeyak83(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
I knew PMB will assign a great responsibility to Fashola, he preferred him to be his vice than Prof. Osinbajo, because both Buhari & Fashola share similar mentality and character, if not all.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Bollinger(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:

That is your argument? Really? you forget the lawyer was once a governor too.
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by change49ja: 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sagytarius:
I thought Power Ministry was scrapped?

It was not scrapped but merged
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by tayour917i(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
vicoloni:

But we can all see how Ambo has been struggling to even maintain what He did infrastructure wise in Lagos

Your brain will not scatter my brother..... that mumu is naiive jare
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Sagamite(m): 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
Gbawe:
Best thing to happen to Nigeria in a long time. Get power right and everything else falls in place. this has always been the universal opinion from development analysts. Not many can have the talent of Fashola and I have no doubt he will be a huge success.

I would slightly disagree with this sha.

I think 'get law enforcement right' would be my priority as a Nigerian leader and everything would fall in place.

If the police can arrest anybody, investigate and successfully prosecute them irrespective of if they a General or Godfather, then we will not have corruption nor election rigging. Hence we can vote for competent leaders who know they can't steal, so if they go there, they are going to work.

Leadership is the bane of Africa.

Power is second, as it is a fundamental economic driver.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
Gbawe:
Best thing to happen to Nigeria in a long time. Get power right and everything else falls in place. this has always been the universal opinion from development analysts. Not many can have the talent of Fashola and I have no doubt he will be a huge success.

FASHOLA cannot identify the simplest Anomaly in the power sector.
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by factorial1(m): 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by cabaliciouscabal: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
Tolatutu:
And Kemi got finance , the Yorubas have gotten great portfolios

Abi my sister, we deserve it cus we worked tirelessly to bring PMB to POWER.

Unlike d clueless jonathan dat paid yorubas with wickedness after we brought him to power.

Tank God dat we were able to put him wea he belong.

#thecreek
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Palado(m): 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
Congrats to BRF on this audacious award and call to duty for serve our fatherland. Era of stable power is near

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by absoluteSuccess: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
My brf

For infertility treatment, call or

visit www.fohownigeria..com
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Gbawe: 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sagamite:

Gba be! (Well said)

Oga mi, how far? I noticed you have been absent for a long time. To even see your post, when you have not posted for a while up till now in this section, illustrates my point that Nigerians are happy and optimistic with the Ministerial development today to the extent that some who had been apathetic and even despondent are dancing for joy at this moment. Yet we can trust the bad belle crew never to understand when it is best to say nothing if you have nothing good to say.
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
vicoloni:

But we can all see how Ambo has been struggling to even maintain what He did infrastructure wise in Lagos

Looooooooool, Yoruba ehh, I tire for una.

Which infrastructure did fashola build in Lagos

He couldn't even give Lagos a local rail transport system after accumulating a debt of 500 billion Naira
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Yomboy4ever(m): 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:

Our Ex president studied Zoology he should av been a Zoo keeper right?
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by ocheejemb: 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:
Lawyer? You mean a seasoned administrator and ex-Governor of Lagos don't you
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by forkadict(m): 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sagamite:

Now list 5 people more competent than Fashola in Nigeria.

This was already addressed in the first line of my post. We are a nation that relish and flourish in mediocrity.

If you try to reconcile the funds at fashola's disposal (IGR + Federal allocation) with his achievements, there is a mismatch and you will at best score him average.

Now this average score has been translated to an exceptional score because of the prculiarity of this sick nation called Nigeria which is on its way to recovery I must add.

P.S: BEFORE YOU LABEL YOUR GRAND FATHER A WAILER, ASK YOURSELF IF YOU VOTED FOR BUHARI IN 2007, 2011 AND 2015. COS I DID!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Sagamite(m): 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
speedyGonzales:
the other post just said ministry of power droped!

Buhari Scraps ‘Ministry’ Of Power

https://www.nairaland.com/2728968/buhari-scraps-ministry-power-thecable

Do you believe every moronic source you see information on?
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by DeeHaywire: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
sochima1989:
PMAN is coming after you...........its just another form of piracy that should stop..........nairaland plss do the right thing
wich kind mumus dey on top NL sef..... M not fvcking pirating nigg! its my work! y da hell will start publicising sumthing like this if it aint my work
abeg swerve alaye undecided
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by ebony2011(m): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
I think there is a probem somewhere.how can he handle three challenging ministry at same time.well good for him.
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
Yomboy4ever:

Our Ex president studied Zoology has should be a Zoo keeper right?

To be a president ain't anything like being a Technocrat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Seyi Tinubu Meets E-Money, Yul Edochie, Odumeje, Sings Nigerian Old Anthem / 'I Will Slap You If You Call Me' - Soldier Tells Voters In Edo / Bala Mohammed Attends Crowded Juma'at Setrvice After Recovering From Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.