Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,985 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! (54033 Views)

Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? / Fashola Not Minister For Power,housing And Works Alone Says Buhari / Power, Housing And Works Together, Fashola’s Recipe For Failure – Yinka Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Sagamite(m): 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

You fvcking marrafaking fvcktard grin

Do you keep a straight face when you post here. I find your cussing hilarious.

I keep a disgusted face.
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by johnie: 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
Congratulations oga BRF.

My thoughts are here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2252965/now-lagos-fg-aligned#39908096
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Sagamite(m): 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
speedyGonzales:

that is why I asked, so why is it moronic? why should I believe this one? or do you just brand thing moronic without giving proper explanation?

Use you brain.

One if from an unreliable Nigerian publication talking about "sources" or using their daft assumptions.

The second is from live broadcast.

Never again ask me to explain to you easy things. You understand?
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
meforyou1:
how on earth can a sensible human being merge power with works and housing

I think fashola has proven in lagos dt its all about d will and determination to do the right thing and get results. No leader had ever made those kind of changes in lagos, even before it was removed as a federal capital. It wasnt even expected cos it was never seen as a possibility.
I am still surprised he is a lawyer & all his experience was in a court room. It should make pple reflective abt what they see as limits to their ability. Once u have a will, ull find a way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Sagamite(m): 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
funkybully:
The beginning of failure of this administration started today.

How on earth did dullardpo give three key performance index ministries to a lawyer? Not even an Engineer. I weep for the cluelessness of this govt.

Power sector alone is enough headache, now add works and housing.

All I see is dullardpo compensating thiefnubuu through his boy by handing him the key sector of the economy with capital intensive projects to take recoop his presidential investment.

Quote me, this govt just joined the fast lane to failure. I weep. Fashola should go ask Prof Bath Nnaji what he a professional in power industry saw when he was minister of power, talkless of adding works and housing.

Sai barber! Continue barbing naija economy golimakpa

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

You are a product of a failed education system.

And you are unemployable.

All these can be deduced from this your short contribution.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Gbawe: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sagamite:

I would slightly disagree with this sha.

I think get law enforcement right would be my priority as a Nigerian leader and everything would fall in place.

If the police can arrest anybody, investigate and successfully prosecute them irrespective of if they a General or Godfather, then we will not have corruption nor election rigging. Hence we can vote for competent leaders who know they can't steal, so if they go there, they are going to work.

Leadership is the bane of Africa.

Power is second, as it is a fundamental economic driver.

You misunderstand me. I am speaking with the assumption that Security and law enforcement will rank high on the agenda of Buhari who, historically, demands this as an something that is non-negotiable. Power will then drive virtually everything that secures wealth and produces socio-economic development.

One of the biggest reasons our SME (small to medium enterprise sector) is moribund, when it it the economic and vital life blood of nations like the UK, is lack of power !!! Many smart Nigerians who can start small businesses, employ other Nigerians and pay the Nigerian government taxes on their profitable earnings are dissuaded from going ahead with their business vision because operational cost in Nigeria, due to lack of power, is through the roof !!! If Fashola , an innovator aware of the challenges, can deliver solutions in the power sector then he will go down as one of the most important Nigerians ever because he delivered effective and critical leadership when his nation needed it the most.
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
I would advise yorubas on here to chill wt d bragging. I am yoruba and i know this is not who we are. Just because ur trying to prove a point to some braggers dt have bn dissing you on nairaland doesnt mean we all need to now start throwing some "superior tribe" nonsense in pples faces. Its cringeworthy & disgusting coming from them and its cringeworthy & disgusting coming from you.

Please recieve sense!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by doctokwus: 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
Koleman:
Witness the babaTUNDE touch in power and our roads. Kemi will finance it at the lowest cost. Trust Lai to keep you informed and Ogbeh to feed us
And Amaechi to ensure that everybody gets to the site of his/her job through via any of the most efficient and cost effective means of transportation.
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by ralphblac(m): 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:
Wrong portfolio, a lawyer in works and power? haba
you have forgotten he was a layer when he rule Lagos with the tag Lagos is working fashola is working and he brought difference to Lagos. fash Lagos miss you but Nigerian need you now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by forkadict(m): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
freekick:
2011 and 2015 i did vote for him but seriously na jealousy go kill u.Jonathan wey they for the pot of soup for 6 good years, e no do pass fashola.gbagbe.Ungrateful fellow.no b people dey do am before e reach fashola turn, y the guy con dey outstanding. U better tell ambode to go back default settings b4 is too late.

Wetin go kill you? Ode.

Like I said, he is acclaimed to be outstanding because we celebrate, relish and flourish in mediocrity in Naija. Simple!

As for Jonathan, the 2 of una be bastard na. U no know?
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by VirginFinder: 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
Chinom:
The power ministry has very little to do now, except supervise NERC and other agencies. The chairman of NERC is the de facto minster of power. That's why Fashola has to combine it with works and housing.

Power, like telecom is now largely in private hands.

I like your attempt at self-consolation having lost out on all fronts.

Sorry.

Will you still say Yorubas have been 'used and dumped'?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Sagamite(m): 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
Gbawe:

You misunderstand me. I am speaking with the assumption that Security and law enforcement will rank high on the agenda of Buhari who, historically, demands this as an something that is non-negotiable. Power will then drive virtually everything that secures wealth and produces socio-economic development.

One of the biggest reasons our SME (small to medium enterprise sector) is moribund, when it it the economic and vital life blood of nations like the UK, is lack of power !!! Many smart Nigerians who can start small businesses, employ other Nigerians and pay the Nigerian government taxes on their profitable earnings are dissuaded from going ahead with their business vision because operational cost in Nigeria, due to lack of power, is through the roof !!! If Fashola , an innovator aware of the challenges, can deliver solutions in the power sector then he will go down as one of the most important Nigerians ever because he delivered effective and critical leadership when his nation needed it the most.

Yep, mate.

If I am correct, I think I read about 40% of operating cost of businesses in Nigeria goes to power (generator).

Madness.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Sagamite(m): 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
janellemonae:
I would advise yorubas on here to chill wt d bragging. I am yoruba and i know this is not who we are. Just because ur trying to prove a point to some braggers dt have bn dissing you on nairaland doesnt mean we all need to now start throwing some "superior tribe" nonsense in pples faces. Its cringeworthy & disgusting coming from them and its cringeworthy & disgusting coming from you.

Please recieve sense!

Well said!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by obailala(m): 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
Congratulations to Mr Tunde Fashola (SAN), the new Nigerian Prime Minister

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by okey4reel(m): 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
The President knows every of his ministers capabilities and strength, so definitely he knows that fashola can perform, that was why he was given the biggest responsibility and assignment, to me fashola is the best among all the ministers...Ambode keep taking selfies till your 4 year tenure comes to an end.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by niyidenrele: 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
chuna1985:

The United States of America has now enjoyed constant power supply for over 7 decades n yet the present minister for power in the United States is a Nulear physicist.

This is why Africa can never grow.
Yeyeyeye...Hmmmmm..are u also saying,Barack Obama,studied political science,or human management in school for him to be able to perform as an American president?....
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by prettydynamic: 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
I am so happy hat BRF is the new Minister of Power Works and Hosing, this shows that Nigeria will truly experience change. kudos to you BRF we trust you will perform with God on your side.
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Eddygourdo(m): 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
ralphblac:
you have forgotten he was a layer when he rule Lagos with the tag Lagos is working fashola is working and he brought difference to Lagos. fash Lagos miss you but Nigerian need you now
Well he has earlier demonstrated administrative competence as a governor during his first tenure, though I feel the justice department a better portfolio but hey people are flexible. Let's watch and see
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
Eddygourdo:
Wrong portfolio, a lawyer in works and power? haba
If you're asked to recommend a ministry for Dr. Doyin Okupe whose a graduate of medicine, would you recommend health or information?
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by mukason: 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
Amaechi heads transport including Aviation. A nice one still
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by forkadict(m): 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sagamite:

You did not respond to my question/request.

Again I ask: Now list 5 people more competent than Fashola in Nigeria.

Again, I tell you that because we celebrate, relish and flourish in mediocrity in Naija, I will not bother to go scouting for names.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by PassingShot(m): 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sagytarius:
I thought Power Ministry was scrapped?
speedyGonzales:
the other post just said ministry of power droped!

Buhari Scraps ‘Ministry’ Of Power

https://www.nairaland.com/2728968/buhari-scraps-ministry-power-thecable

I believe it's now combined with Works & Housing. It no longer exists as a separate ministry.
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Sagamite(m): 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
forkadict:

Again, I tell you that because we celebrate, relish and flourish in mediocrity in Naija, I will not bother to go scouting for names.

So you are telling me you can't name 1 person, not even 5 people, more competent than him?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Eddygourdo(m): 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If you're asked to recommend a ministry for Dr. Doyin Okupe whose a graduate of medicine, would you recommend health or information?
health of course, didn't you see the mess he created in his capacity last term? though politics aside he did the job of a dirty tackler very well, protected the image of the President even against his own beliefs
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by pazienza(m): 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
Soon they ( Arewa-Oduanistans) will start making excuses up for him( Fashola) by blaming his inability to deliver on past administrations.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Lanrexoyin: 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
Nigeria's new Ministers and their portfolios.

Abubakar Malami- Minister of Justice
Geoffrey Onyeama- Minister of Foreign Affairs
Mohammed Dan Ali- Minister f Defence
Adamu Adamu- Minister of Education
Anthony Anwuka- State minister of Education
Kemi Adeosun- Minister of Finance
Okechukwu Enelemah- Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment
Aisha Abubakar- State minister Industry, Trade and Investment
Chris Ngige- Minister of Labor and Employment
James Ocholi- State Minister of Labor and Employment
Mohammed Bello- FCT Minister
Abdulrahman Dambazzau- Interior Minister
Udoma Udo Udoma- Minister of Budget and National Planning
Zainab Ahmed- State Minister Budget and National Planning
Emmanuel Ibe Kachiukwu- State Minister Petroleum resources
Babatubde Fashola- Minister of Power, Works and Housing
Mustapha Shehuri- State minister Power, Works, and Housing
Audu Ogbeh- Minister of Agriculture and Rural development
Heineken Lokpobiri- State minister Agriculture and Rural Development
Chibuike Amaechi- Minister of Transportation
Hadi Sirika- State Minister Aviation
Isaac Folorunsho Adeoye- Minister of Health
Osagie Ehanire- State Minister Health
Aisha Alhassan- Minister of Women Affairs
Usani Uguru- Minister Niger Delta Affairs
Claudius Omoyele Daramola - State minister Niger Delta Affairs
Adebayo Shittu- Minister of Communication
Lai Mohammed- Minister of Information
Amina Mohammed - Minister of Environment
Ibrahim Jibrin- State Minister of Environment
Suleiman Adamu- Minister of Water Resources
Solomon Dalong- Minister of Youths and Sports
Kayode Fayemi- Minister of Solid Mineral
Abubakar Bwari- State Minister Solid Minerals
Ogbonnaya Onu- Minister of Science and Technology
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
Being a lawyer I thought he would have been made justice minister. But I know he'll definitely perform because he's a man of action and a result oriented person who wants Nigeria to work. With his experience in lagos I know he'll perform.
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by Toks2008(m): 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sagamite:

The fuuktard Eddygourdo has never worked in a professional, international-standard corporate environment.

And he would never work in a professional, international-standard corporate environment.

A fuuktard that reasons like that is unemployable.

lol! una get fight before?
Re: Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! by funkybully(f): 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
[s]
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

You are a product of a failed education system.

And you are unemployable.

All these can be deduced from this your short contribution.
[/s]

Who is this wretched bastard?

Ur ashaaawo moma is a whorish dawg!

Ur criminal tout father is an idiat!

Dog lick Ur eye there! Fool!

Thunder in collabo with lightening barbecue ur smelly ass. Nincompoop!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ajimobi's Family Apologises To Olaniyan, Says Event Was A Strictly Family Affair / Nnamdi Kanu Visits Israeli Parliament, Meets 'Influential' Knesset Member (Pics) / Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.