Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) (60570 Views)

President Buhari Arrives Osun State To Commission Osogbo High School (photos) / Buhari To Commission Osogbo High School In Osun (photo) / Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by obayaya(m): 6:45am On Nov 20, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

I find no fault in this statement. Very true and agree.

But look up this thread someone posted a picture of an old school and the new one by aregbesola.

By the look of that picture, if I was the governor I wouldn't bother renovating the old structure.

In public sector, what government look at his cost benefit effect of every spending. We are not privy to the basis that informed the decision to build new schools. That been said, I am sure if you search you will find situations where the schools were just renovated.

Cheers

Truly, Maybe there are situations where the schools where renovated.. But I didn't see or hear of any during my service year.. If you look the picture of the old salvation Army the guy you spoke about posted.. If you look carefully, you'll notice the block work is still relatively intact.. just the roofs and windows which was in line with my earlier posts.

Like someone said earlier in this thread.. These new schools are meant to be "Aregbe's Legacy". That's the only benefit I see.. And that's the truth.

I gave someone the statistics up there.. Osun has 431 secondary schools.. Aregbe has built Just 24 new ones. Let's assume for a minute that a new school equatest to an undisputed improvement in the educational standards, 24/431 is marginal. And the effect is negligible.
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 6:46am On Nov 20, 2015
arresa:
[s][/s]

I thought I told this village bingo to fcukk off...? den swear for you ni/.undecided
I thought u died last night.
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by Nicepoker(m): 6:48am On Nov 20, 2015
arresa:
[s][/s]

You are better off asking your Biafra village governors what they did with your taxes and allocations instead of killing yourself over Aregbe's beautiful schools...
I wonder how they will cope in school when most of their parents go for months without pay.
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2015
obayaya:

This new schools is one of the examples of misplaced priorities and projects made for propaganda...

Ejigbo is a suburban at the boundary between Osun and Oyo. Ejigbo has more than 5 secondary schools most of which were built by the Baptists and Adventist.. These schools were built in the 60s with strong buildings which has been left to rot over time. These buildings need minor rehabilitation which as little as 10 million can accomplish.

Which is wiser? Building a brand new school at the cost of over 400 million for 1 or using the same to rehabilitate over 20 schools?

There in lies the foolishness of Aregbe and his schools.. The new schools account for less than 5 percent of all the schools in Osun state. When the money used in building that 5 percent can effectively rehabilitate close to 80 percent of the schools in Osun.
not all old structures can be renovated to meet modern standard ...

By the way, who told you the schools have not been renovated? Do you live in osun? Please bring proof

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by NewNigeriaMind: 6:55am On Nov 20, 2015
obayaya:

Truly, Maybe there are situations where the schools where renovated.. But I didn't see or hear of any during my service year..

Like someone said earlier in this thread.. These new schools are meant to be "Aregbe's Legacy". That's the only benefit I see.. And that's the truth.

I gave someone the statistics up there.. Osun has 431 secondary schools.. Aregbe has built Just 24 new ones. Let's assume for a minute that a new school equatest to an undisputed improvement in the educational standards, 24/431 is marginal. And the effect is negligible.

Let's not throw the baby out with the water.

I just read a piece by barcanista on.the TSA and just conveyed the facts about TSA that I think most Nigerians are ignorant of. That is constructive argument.

Except you have the proof that no old school is renovated apart from outright new schools. Then I will say you rushed to condemn the government when you don't have all the facts or you failed to pass your thoughts across correctly.

All the same, I believe democracy strength is the power it gives opposition to provide alternatives ways to doing things apart from method adopted by those in power. Criticism is good but let's try to be constructive as much as possible.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by obayaya(m): 6:56am On Nov 20, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
not all old structures can be renovated that's yo meet modern standard ...

By the way, who told you the schools have not been renovated? Do you live in osun? Please bring proof

Are you sure about the emboldened? We're talking about bungalows o
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by obayaya(m): 6:58am On Nov 20, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Let's not throw the baby out with the water.

I just read a piece by barcanista on.the TSA and just conveyed the facts about TSA that I think most Nigerians are ignorant of. That is constructive argument.

Except you have the proof that no old school is renovated apart from outright new schools. Then I will say you rushed to condemn the government when you don't have all the facts or you failed to pass your thoughts across correctly.

All the same, I believe democracy strength is the power it gives opposition to provide alternatives ways to doing things apart from method adopted by those in power. Criticism is good but let's try to be constructive as much as possible.

I didn't say there wasn't, I only said I didn't see/hear all through my service year..

I agree with your last paragraph
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by arresa: 7:00am On Nov 20, 2015
obayaya:

I'm not interested in back and forth arguments with you...

There are 431 public secondary schools in Osun.. So far Aregbe has built 24 new schools, How many years will it take Osun state to build 431 of such schools considering that worsening economic situation.

I do not know the state of Salvation Army before the renovation but I served in Osun and I have seen the state of many of the schools and a rehabilitation will turn those schools to World class.

As for your last line, all I will say is "Grow up"

1. Your bargaining currency in this thread is the fact that according to you, you served in Osun state which arrogated to you vast knowledge about osun state and schools in osun state, but you are still clueless about the same schools you are crying about. Makes no damn sense.

2. According to your argument, the state should renovate the old schools instead of building new ones, my question is, what makes you think they did not consider these options before building new ones.?

3. Look at the picture of the same salvation army school I posted with the old and new school.

Please explain to us the best option in that circumstances. Do you suggest they should have renovated and wasted money on a totally destroyed school on the ground level or just tear down and build a new and bigger school to accommodate more students.

What you are suggesting is what they call penny wise pound foolish..

4. Building new and more accommodating schools with good structures to last a long time makes better sense than patching up worthless and dangerous old structures.

Again , what you are suggesting is what they call penny wise pound foolish..

5. Who are you to dictate to the government of Osun the how and what to do with their schools? Are you smarter than them or know better than them what their needs and long term plans are?

Lastly, you are the second hating and grossly negative ibo in this thread to claim serving in Osun. Do you people swap the same lies just to hide your hate and make you sound more authentic.

Your states combined haven't built a single classroom since 1960 so save your ideas or pass them to your governors back home...

Btw, growing up dictates that you know what you are talking about, but you don't know anything beyond your low grade thoughts and ideas..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 20, 2015
obayaya:

Are you sure about the emboldened? We're talking about bungalows o
bungalows schools? What is this niggeroid talking about ?
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by Funpeter: 7:12am On Nov 20, 2015
Ghandi12:
I felicitate with Gov. Aregbesola for being able to produce pictures of some of his govt. achievements but he should appear more serious in decisions than exhibiting tokenism.

Still waiting for evidence of any meaningful work from the loud Gov. of Ekiti state.
Is this my one time president or His brother?
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by obayaya(m): 7:18am On Nov 20, 2015
arresa:

1. Your bargaining currency in this thread is the fact that according to you, you served in Osun state which arrogated to you vast knowledge about osun state and schools in osun state, but you are still clueless about the same schools you are crying about. Makes no damn sense.

2. According to your argument, the state should renovate the old schools instead of building new ones, my question is, what makes you think they did not consider these options before building new ones.?

3. Look at the picture of the same salvation army school I posted with the old and new school.

Please explain to us the best option in that circumstances. Do you suggest they should have renovated and wasted money on a totally destroyed school on the ground level or just tear down and build a new and bigger school to accommodate more students.

What you are suggesting is what they call penny wise pound foolish..

4. Building new and more accommodating schools with good structures to last a long time makes better sense than patching up worthless and dangerous old structures.

Again , what you are suggesting is what they call penny wise pound foolish..

5. Who are you to dictate to the government of Osun the how and what to do with their schools? Are you smarter than them or know better than them what their needs and long term plans are?

Lastly, you are the second hating and grossly negative ibo in this thread to claim serving in Osun. Do you people swap the same lies just to hide your hate and make you sound more authentic.

Your states combined haven't built a single classroom since 1960 so save your ideas or pass them to your governors back home...

Btw, growing up dictates that you know what you are talking about, but you don't know anything beyond your low grade thoughts and ideas..

I believe Salvation Army just like virtually all the schools in Osun was not in one building alone. This building is just one out of the numerous buildings that made up Salvation Army.

The problem with the building this picture you posted is bad windows and roofs. Look at it carefully.. Put a new roof over that building and change the windows, and you have an entirely different building from the one in the picture. To be thorough, you might consider doing some palliative works on the walls and redoing the floorings.. and crown it all with a paint job. And you've got yourself a new building though smaller and less magnificent than the new ones but will be just as effective.

You made a case for a bigger school that can accommodate more pupils.. That makes sense but that's not the case with the new school built in Ada. The bigger structure didn't lead to higher enrollment and higher Number of students. Maybe because the population of Ada isn't that big. But in places like Osogbo that could work. But then Parents will prefer sending their kids to schools close to the house.

I'm not dictating to Osun government. I don't claim to be smarter than they are. I'm only stating what I think is the best approach. Isn't that what democracy is all about?

I could post pictures and details of the school I served in and have you confirm. But will that convince you? I think not.. So you can believe what you want to believe... It changes nothing.

Lastly, marshalling your points out without insults like you just did, did it make you a lesser man?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by NaijainTexas: 7:19am On Nov 20, 2015
arresa:

Exactly what's so mediocre about classrooms for kids to learn and get education? Regardless the looks (Which looks wonderful to me) All kids need is a clean and functional environment to learn and the schools fits the bill.

I ignored the person you quoted with his American school pictures and his thoughtless comparison with American schools.

What many school districts budget to build 1 school alone is more than Osun state's entire yearly budget...

Schools in the US raise hundreds of million dollar bonds to build schools and other major infrastructures with matching funds from their state and federal governments sometimes..

Osun is not in the same situation and environment so still building clean and functional schools for their kids with what they have remains the best option instead of doing nothing..

I don't even know what that poster was suggesting. For Aregbeshola so sit on his hands and do nothing till till they get American type of funds before building schools for their kids?

It's really not by force to criticize blindly...

First, thanks for reading my comment. I appreciate dialogue.

With that said, I feel since you've got a serious fervor for this thread (evident by your many postings in here), that you take criticism of it personal, and that's okay I guess. But, the problem lies in when you choose to not really see what I meant in my post.

You have your opinion and I have mine, you will have to deal with that first and foremost. You feel it looks 'wonderful' and I feel it looks jail-like. That's perfectly OKAY for me to have that opinion and you don't have to like it. Furthermore, never in my post did I say the IDEA of building a place to educate children is mediocre, I said the structure was. If you read further, I even commend Rauf for doing it. I seriously don't understand why you interpreted it that way. It seems you just wanted to attack every opinion that didn't align with yours.

Believe me, I know exactly how schools are funded in the States, what we do at my law firm is represent school districts/entities from litigation to funding and everything in-between. I don't need schooling on it (no pun intended). So I think you're accusing the wrong person of criticizing blindly.

I just got back from Nigeria and I've even been to Osun and I have seen far better designed buildings and homes. I don't buy that they couldn't research to make it less basic, more welcoming, after all, it's where students will spend most of their formidable teen years.

I'm glad he's completing this project, but I'm not going to applaud him for building a school in a State he governs, it's his job. That's the main problem I have with a lot of our Naija mindset, that things are great because they're 'functional'. That's not ALL that matters, for God's sakes. People need to take more pride in what they produce. It's high time we step it up, jor.

I have high expectations for my people and country, so what? Sue me.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by arresa: 7:30am On Nov 20, 2015
obayaya:

I believe Salvation Army just like virtually all the schools in Osun was not in one building alone. This building is just one out of the numerous buildings that made up Salvation Army.

The problem with the building this picture you posted is bad windows and roofs. Look at it carefully.. Put a new roof over that building and change the windows, and you have an entirely different building from the one in the picture. To be thorough, you might consider doing some palliative works on the walls and redoing the floorings.. and crown it all with a paint job. And you've got yourself a new building though smaller and less magnificent than the new ones but will be just as effective.

You made a case for a bigger school that can accommodate more pupils.. That makes sense but that's not the case with the new school built in Ada. The bigger structure didn't lead to higher enrollment and higher Number of students. Maybe because the population of Ada isn't that big. But in places like Osogbo that could work. But then Parents will prefer sending their kids to schools close to the house.

I'm not dictating to Osun government. I don't claim to be smarter than they are. I'm only stating what I think is the best approach. Isn't that what democracy is all about?

I could post pictures and details of the school I served in and have you confirm. But will that convince you? I think not.. So you can believe what you want to believe... It changes nothing.

Lastly, marshalling your points out without insults like you just did, did it make you a lesser man?

I'll take the new, well built and structurally fit schools with more classrooms to accommodate more students than the old and structurally unsound old relics you are talking about...

Again, you are not in any position to dictate to the government of Osun what to do when it comes to educating and providing learning infrastructures for their kids. The have the facts, date and long range plans for their education system which you don't have..

The man is doing a great job....PERIOD.
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 20, 2015
arresa:

I don't hate them, but I do know that many of them are grossly unintelligent, trolls, bitter, hateful, always nagging and complaining and constitution nuisance and I have zero tolerance for such anti social clowns.

Same goes for your tribe or are you exempted

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by arresa: 7:32am On Nov 20, 2015
Anyway, you people need to stop derailing the thread, if you have any suggestion, please go to our village and share with with them...

Make I move on abeg...
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by arresa: 7:33am On Nov 20, 2015
[s]
ubecharles:
Same goes for your tribe or are you exempted
[/s]

Ok I done hear you....now get lost abeg...
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by arresa: 7:35am On Nov 20, 2015
Aregbesola Inspects Fabricated School Building

Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by arresa: 7:36am On Nov 20, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
[size=13pt]Aregbesola Inspects The House Of Assembly Pavillion[/size]

The Governor , State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola with the Speaker, House of Assembly, Hon. Najeem Salam and others, during the inspection of the ongoing construction of the Osun House of Assembly Pavilion, at House of Assembly Complex, Osogbo, at the weekend

Governor State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola (left); Speaker House of Assembly, Hon. Najeem Salam (second left) and others, during the inspection of the ongoing construction of the Osun House of Assembly Pavilion, at House of Assembly Complex, Osogbo, at the weekend

Governor State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola (middle); Speaker House of Assembly, Hon. Najeem Salam (left), House of Assemble Member, Ede North constituency, Hon. Debo Akanni (right) and others, during the inspection of the ongoing construction of the Osun House of Assembly Pavilion, at House of Assembly Complex, Osogbo, at the weekend

Governor State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola (right); Speaker House of Assembly, Hon. Najeem Salam (left) and others, during the inspection of the ongoing construction of the Osun House of Assembly Pavilion, at House of Assembly Complex, Osogbo, at the weekend

Governor State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola (right); Speaker House of Assembly, Hon. Najeem Salam (left) and others, during the inspection of the ongoing construction of the Osun House of Assembly Pavilion, at House of Assembly Complex, Osogbo, at the weekend
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by arresa: 7:38am On Nov 20, 2015
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by obayaya(m): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2015
arresa:

I'll take the new, well built and structurally fit schools with more classrooms to accommodate more students than the old and structurally unsound old relics you are talking about...

Again, you are not in any position to dictate to the government of Osun what to do when it comes to educating and providing learning infrastructures for their kids. The have the facts, date and long range plans for their education system which you don't have..

The man is doing a great job....PERIOD.

I cannot dictate to the government of Osun but my question is..

Is his great job effective/efficient?

The score card remains 24/431 schools rebuilt/remodeled

34th on WAEC ranking out of 36 states..

I ask again how effective/efficient has his great job been?

Be the judge
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by arresa: 7:46am On Nov 20, 2015
obayaya:

I cannot dictate to the government of Osun

[s]but my question is..

Is his great job effective/efficient?

The score card remains 24/431 schools rebuilt/remodeled

34th on WAEC ranking out of 36 states..

I ask again how effective/efficient has his great job been?

Be the judge

[/s]

Of what relevance is your meaningless and redundant rubbish if you can not dictate to them?

Listen to yourself and keep quiet for a change..

How boring can you get...
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by obayaya(m): 7:53am On Nov 20, 2015
arresa:
[/s]

Of what relevance is your meaningless and redundant rubbish if you can not dictate to them?

Listen to yourself and keep quiet for a change..

How boring can you get...

Ok bye grin
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by arresa: 8:05am On Nov 20, 2015

Got to love saka... grin

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2015
To be frank, I'll say d media haven't been fair to Ogbeni. If not for d things I'm seeing here, I used to believe he was a crook n wasn't doing anything at all (even use to abuse my lazy friends by calling them Ogbeni Rauf). Now I sincerely apoligize to all d indigenes of Osun state. #OGBENI IS WORKING #

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by adeoba2008(m): 8:09am On Nov 20, 2015
Ogbeni ni joo. Ogbeni ni jare.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by yommen: 8:09am On Nov 20, 2015
[quote author=JingoOAU post=40202582]

Even the first picture is not real.....i think the school is located in Anambra or Enugu...it was Jonathan that built it as a token for the people of south east....useless he-goat[/quote

You ibos are the worst thing to ever happen to mankind. You don't see anything good in order people and that's why you'll continue to be second class citizens. Beside, you belong no where and you are neither Nigerians nor will Biafra be ever actualised. Jonathan the worst leader Nigeria ever had after Obasanjo.
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:13am On Nov 20, 2015
To my fellow igbos, if your governor z working I think its time to open a thread n show t (b4 some1 complains, I'm not based in d s.e so I don't know what they r doing there)
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by mapet: 8:14am On Nov 20, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

ubecharles:
:
So we should expect quality products from the schools? Nada, Anambra with their manageable school buildings would ALWAYS produce better students

The constant thing in life is change, I am happy for anambra, but why bring that topic on an osun thread.

Hate is a disease you know right.

@ NewNigeriaMind, this is the most wise and humble retort to a sssstuuupid submission from @ubecharles. May your wisdom continue to grow........
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by arresa: 8:17am On Nov 20, 2015

RLG’s Osun Plant To Make 5000 Mobile Phones Daily
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:18am On Nov 20, 2015
To my fellow igbos, if your governor z working I think its time to open a thread n show t (b4 some1 complains, I'm not based in d s.e so I don't know what they r doing there)s
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by Ephemmm: 8:21am On Nov 20, 2015
arresa:
17.4 km Osun State Oba Aderemi Adesoji Eastern By Pass Road

grin

Waoooooooooo.... Una no go kill Biafra oooooo
Re: Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 20, 2015
arresa:
[s][/s]

Ok I done hear you....now get lost abeg...
. U get lost OMALE. no apologies

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Why I Refused To Be Peter Obi's Running Mate – Kwankwaso / Omanbala Oil Rig Bridge, The Longest Bridge In South-East Outside Niger Bridge / Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.