Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Anambra And Imo Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Anambra And Imo Marriage (20674 Views)

What Are Imo State Women Known For? / Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) / An Imo Girl Is Pregnant For My Husband. A Matured Advise! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Uche2nna(m): 2:32am On Oct 20, 2006
Hotstepper:

is it nnewi that u've not been to or your town?lol
grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry I meant nnewi,I am an Area boy in my town.That is why I know that it is a beautiful place undecided undecided
I know that the closest you have gotten to nnewi is by a picture tongue tongue
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by superman(m): 2:36am On Oct 20, 2006
lets get real here! we igbo understand that these issue take place but hey should we let this be an issue now. i suggest one just have to play their cards rite afterall my coiusin she is married to yoruba another one to abia state!

i can only hope this is not in anyway tryin to discredit the igbos because its aint making any sense now!

nevertheless this should never be an issue and i guess if u yoruba from ijebu ode u might grab what im saying! omo

one niaja yall!
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 2:37am On Oct 20, 2006
hahaha, every1 will say that his/town i dat beautiful, nnewi is nice oooooooooooo, ofcorse I have been to nnewi, know places dere, am heading dere again diz xmas, lol
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Uche2nna(m): 2:45am On Oct 20, 2006
Yeah u are right.Whose mothers soup does not taste the best.Anyway safe jon when you go down just remenber to bring some Akpu and onugbu while coming back grin grin
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by somegirl(f): 10:09am On Oct 20, 2006
What marry from my own town?! shocked My "town" has between 300 and 400 people. Half of them are women and how many of the men are about my age and single?
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:51am On Oct 20, 2006
i dont think the place you marry from really counts,i think what counts is your happiness would you be happy with the person you marry.take for instance my aunty who is a correct igbo woman(nnewi)when she was about to get married to her husband who happens to be a yoruba man,many people frowned.but she finally succeeded in convincing her parents(my grand parents) and they have been married for 15years and she keeps saying she thank God that she did not allow the issue of tribalism stop her from marrying her husband.she could never wish for a better husband.so i think it does not really count.
my dad is a Calabar man and my mum's an igbo woman and me if the husband meant for me is a yoruba man tongue i would marry him.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by whitelexi(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2006
Interesting
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:08am On Oct 20, 2006
@ whitelexi
Wats so intresting?
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by whitelexi(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2006
Trust me @thoniaslim, u dont wanna know grin
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Dvampire(m): 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2006
na wa-o! shocked
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2006
I know alot of igbo people who married outside and happy, so itz all about happiness and convincing ur parents if ur parents r one of those dat oppose 2 such thingssssssssss, by da way, wayz ur aunt's lastname or where in nnewi is she 4rom?
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by laudate: 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2006
This debate is so interesting. But non-Igbo people have observed the following:

1). An Asaba or Anioma person is far more likely to marry from anywhere, within or outside Alaigbo. Didn't Maryam Babangida from Asaba marry from Niger State, when she decided to say "I do" to Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida? And isn't the current Obi of Asaba Prof. Chike Edozien, married to Modupe, a Yoruba woman from the South-west? They have been together for over 50 years, oh! wink

2). An Anambra man is highly unlikely to marry from anywhere except from his own state, especially if he is the first son. They can date girls from other places, but when it comes to marriage, mba, he will head homewards. This is usually after claiming that his father said 'this,' or his mum said 'that.'

3). An Abia man is also quite disposed to marrying within and outside his ethnic group.

4). A Rivers-Igbo man (i.e. Ikwerre, Ndoni, Etche etc), will definitely marry outside his clan, whenever he can. They are quite sociable and broad-minded.

In conclusion anyway, I guess an Igbo person who will not marry from the next state, is highly unlikely to marry from a different tribe!!
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:02pm On Oct 20, 2006
@hotstepper
Uruagu hope i got the spelling correct tongue
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2006
yea, u gat th spelling rite, I am from Uruagu as well, so wats her lastname cuz i might know da family
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by dominobaby(f): 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2006
It really is so funny that within the same tribe segregation exists!

Am from Oguta in imo state and the generalisation kacey gave is true to some extent, i have an uncle who's so hellbent on marrying from our home town. My elder brother though married from the south west and they have since been singing it into our ears that we the ladies must marry from our home town!
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 21, 2006
laudate:

A Rivers-Igbo man (i.e. Ikwerre, Ndoni, Etche etc), will definitely marry outside his clan, whenever he can. They are quite sociable and broad-minded.

In conclusion anyway, I guess an Igbo person who will not marry from the next state, is highly unlikely to marry from a different tribe!!

@laudate
u said a lot of things correctly

i live in ph and a lot of my ikwerre friends all have mothers from imo state

i just wonder why ?

and about the anambra guy that uses his father as an excuse i have seen it several times happening

@dominibaby

well its up to u to decide. if u want to marry for love or u wnat to mary for polity

just take ur time, marriage is a long journey its up to u to make it a worth while ride cos while ur on it the bystanders are just on lookers
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by whitelexi(m): 11:26am On Oct 21, 2006
I am from Imo, and i schooled in Enugu, spent holidays at my cousin's house in onitsha, my best friend was from Otolo-Nnewi, and we used to spend time with his family as well. My girlfriend at the time was from Isielukwu in Delta and i did go visiting sometimes, I had classmates from enugu and i always had to stop at umuahia in abia on my way to my village for a drink and some fun.
Generally, i think the eastside is a wonderful place to be, the nature, fresh air, trees, local food, all the cheap stuff and fun! i always enjoy myself around there,  This is why it hurts to know that instead of planning to unite, we are actually killing each other's efforts at growth and integration. Look at the last elections,  Ojukwu, Udenwa, Uzorkalu, Nnamani, Nwobodo, Rochas,  Everyone wanted to go for presidency,  In the end, we all lost, its sad we cannot unite over any issue, really sad cry undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by dominobaby(f): 11:41am On Oct 21, 2006
Kacey i only just said what family members have said. Personally, i'm spending da rest of my life with the one God's choosen for me.

@whitelexi , its really sad.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Hotstepper(f): 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2006
I said it before that before we can have igbo president, we have to unite and bring one candidate and support him not 10 people running, I even think Ekwueme was running
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by katherinae(f): 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2006
hmm uncle whitelexi

na u biko, mba5 forever baby, now clearly that made no sense, i say err look do watever u want.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by whitelexi(m): 8:41am On Oct 22, 2006
katherinae:

hmm uncle whitelexi

na u biko, mba5 forever baby, now clearly that made no sense, i say err look do watever u want.

What can i say? I do what i can baby, i do what i can grin
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Saddam: 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2006
as far as am concern IMO pple are very Bad & I doubt if i could marry 4rm There

Especially Mba 5 & owerri pple.

I am speaking from core experience

2 Likes

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by dominobaby(f): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2006
Saddam where are you from? You don't have to generalize!
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Saddam: 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2006
I am from Cameroun/Iraq

Hope you are ok? but still telling u that IMO women are bad
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by chichimma(f): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2006
@ Saddam

I thought so you were from Iraq ( it figures).Obviously all you know is how to generalize without even saying why all imo women are bad. Did you live in Imo state?Or you just met a few Imo women you had bad experience with and now claim that they are all bad!

You must be very shallow minded.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2006
@saddam

ur so stupid .
i would like to call u and idiot with an experience
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Saddam: 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2006
@chichimma

You have got a deep mind like a 60ft Borehole.

Thanks

But remember IMO Women are dangerous Gready & Every thing u can think of

kaecy5
U be like ur mama.
(Stupid Beast)
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Uche2nna(m): 8:16pm On Oct 22, 2006
LMAO An Idiot with experience undecided undecided undecided Thats a new one on me grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by katherinae(f): 11:11pm On Oct 22, 2006
saddam
abeg make u shut up ya mouth, what do u mean by bad, just because people want to dupe us and we dont let them does not make us bad,and as for the greedy part, i can name a million girls from lagos and portharcout who will sleep with their friends man for money so please, check urself before u make such a silly comment again. I would tell u not to generalize but i do to so i wont, see igbo people are not even hypocrites, and by the way are u from cameroon or iraq,
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 22, 2006
katherinae:

saddam
abeg make u shut up ya mouth, what do u mean by bad, [s] just because people want to dupe us and we don't let them does not make us bad,[/s]and as for the greedy part, i can name a million girls from lagos and portharcout who will sleep with their friends man for money

2 thumbs up

sure word i live in ph and men i can count more than a million
and saddam is a confused iraqi or should i say a confused camerounian

dumb head
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Saddam: 9:51am On Oct 23, 2006
katherinae

I have dealth with many Mba 5 people who have taken my fair cut after several transactions.

I have observed that Mba 5 Chicks are usually greedy unnecessarily.

So I doubt if u don’t have similar instincts with ur country 5 Pple
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by chichimma(f): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2006
@ Saddam,

Its obvious that you can't reason proper. Are that the only reasons you can come up with for judging Imo people SAD I don't know how old you are but you are very childish to generalize like that , I guess children of nowadays are not even like that

I feel pity for you having such a shortsightness to the things of life just because you met some people from Imo that were greedy and duped you with transactions. That is an individual thing not state related, anyway, there is nothing I can say that will make you to step out of your glass house. I guess that is too deep for you, let me make it easier for you. You made up your mind what Imo people concerns they are all bad. Just carry on with your generalizm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

70-year-old Woman Has Given Birth To Snakes (with Pic) / Please Nairalanders I Need Mature Advice / Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.