Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Anambra And Imo Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Anambra And Imo Marriage (20676 Views)

What Are Imo State Women Known For? / Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) / An Imo Girl Is Pregnant For My Husband. A Matured Advise! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Uche2nna(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2006
LMAO Heheheheh
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by naija4life(f): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2006
Marrying outside one town is always a had thing wherever one comes from. I'm an igbo and from Anambra BUT presently getting ready to marry a KANO girl shocked

Anybody gat any problem wit dat grin cheesy

PS: we've been dating for da last 2.5 yrs
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by superman(m): 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2006
kano muslem right, i think someone just breach the rules. dnt u think bro naji4life
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by naija4life(f): 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2006
@superman, rules are meant to be broken, dats why they're called rules.

Anyways, wouldnt say it was a smooth ride though, certain concessions and compromises were made BUT da truth is we love each other and have decided to stay together forever.

Dats why am sayn whether IMO Anambra, anywhere, it all depends on the circumstances surrounding ur point of meeting da person and the level of love and trust, including faith,

Every other thing is secondary grin wink smiley
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by superman(m): 11:58pm On Oct 25, 2006
k brov who say moslem chick no like joy-stick
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by nezerst(f): 6:14pm On Jan 29, 2007
Im from Anambra and am getting married to an Imo guy. My Mum is raising an eyebrow but i dont give a flying Bleep. Whatever comes out of itn is my biz. N besides am in love and most importantly,he is God fearing.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by superman(m): 1:16am On Feb 01, 2007
i say wow! lalalara
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Nobody: 5:12am On Mar 09, 2008
Old thread, but tufiakwa for all these paranoia!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by presido1: 8:48am On Mar 09, 2008
@naija4life
Ehh so they have legalised same sex marriage in Nigeria. Too bad. A girl from Anambra marrying a girl from Kano State.
Wonders will end soon.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Nwaka77: 11:45pm On Mar 09, 2008
presido1:

@naija4life
Ehh so they have legalised same sex marriage in Nigeria. Too bad. A girl from Anambra marrying a girl from Kano State.
Wonders will end soon.

LOL, I was wondering the same thing!
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Gamine(f): 11:54pm On Mar 09, 2008
:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by echelon(m): 12:41pm On Mar 11, 2008
Anambra na Imo bu nwanne  cheesy
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2008
echelon:

Anambra na Imo bu nwanne cheesy

My brother na wa O
We are talking about people that are of one same tribe,eat virtually the same food and have very similar culture with minor differences.
People who are proudly Igbo and loving it!
We ought to get done with this statism and townism.
We were afterall one East central state prior to 1978.
I hate all this! cry cry cry
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by blacklion(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2008
nwando:

My brother na wa O
We are talking about people that are of one same tribe,eat virtually the same food and have very similar culture with minor differences.
People who are proudly Igbo and loving it!
We ought to get done with this statism and townism.
We were afterall one East central state prior to 1978.
I hate all this! cry cry cry

Well said! Pls preach that gospel throughout the whole Alaigbo

The madness has gone beyond statism and townism. In my hometown, Roman Catholic will not give their daughter in marriage to Anglican. In fact, they will even prefer for their daughter to marry a Pentecostal guy than an Anglican. If their son wants to marry an Anglican girl, they will insist that the lady must convert formally before the wedding can ever take place.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Euchena: 7:33am On Apr 27, 2009
On the subject of marriage to an Anambra man, I am throughly puzzled and confused.     As an African American woman I married an Anambra man  and my life has been hell every since. What is this thing about the blatant disrespect of the marriage and all of this JUJU business. After marriage he now claims that he is a Seer and hangs around with his JUJU Calabar friends and claims to be a good Catholic while practicing JUJU at the same time. What are these prayers to Elmez. Is this a diety.  My Enugu friends said not to marry him, but love won over. He has turned out to be a WyoWyo man of the worse sort. I'm considering after 18 months of marriage to get out of this farse of a marriage. Oh by the way his last name is Ezeoranu and I truly feel betrayed and misled yet i hate the thought of divorce. Marriage counseling has not helped.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by ifyalways(f): 9:04am On Apr 27, 2009
Euchena:

On the subject of marriage to an Anambra man, I am throughly puzzled and confused.     As an African American woman I married an Anambra man  and my life has been hell every since. What is this thing about the blatant disrespect of the marriage and all of this JUJU business. After marriage he now claims that he is a Seer and hangs around with his JUJU Calabar friends and claims to be a good Catholic while practicing JUJU at the same time. What are these prayers to Elmez. Is this a diety.  My Enugu friends said not to marry him, but love won over. He has turned out to be a WyoWyo man of the worse sort. I'm considering after 18 months of marriage to get out of this farse of a marriage. Oh by the way his last name is Ezeoranu and I truly feel betrayed and misled yet i hate the thought of divorce. Marriage counseling has not helped.

what is ur problem?
his juju biz,calabar friends,prayers to Elmez or a changed husband 
have u discussed your fears and discomfort with him?
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Euchena: 9:22am On Apr 27, 2009
Of course I've discussed this whole mess and have cried a river of tears. But no longer. He says that I can't take his culture away from him but he never disclosed this aspect of his life until after we were married. I only found out about this madness after the fact or I would never have married him.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by ifyalways(f): 9:27am On Apr 27, 2009
Euchena:

Of course I've discussed this whole mess and have cried a river of tears. But no longer. He says that I can't take his culture away from him but he never disclosed this aspect of his life until after we were married. I only found out about this madness after the fact or I would never have married him.
i dont still get it.Aside his love for his new found religion,is there any other way he has changed?he still performs his duties to you as your husband and he is not forcing u to join him. . .i wud say,let him be or if u cant stay,theres always the exit door undecided
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Euchena: 9:52am On Apr 27, 2009
ifalwars,

If what you suggested was true, maybe I could live and let live and just pray the demons out of my house each day and ignore this juju stuff. Unfortunately we have seperated but still live in the same house. I would love to resume my marriage but this situation is hopeless. I would never refuse him and I want a christian man in my life. Before we married he promised to go to the Methodist church with me sometimes and I promised to visit the Catholic church but I never promised to convert. Now he is not even true to his own religion because know that you cannot serve two masters. It is impossible to be a good catholic, and I'm his third wife by the way and be a juju man at the same time. He is lying to himself and to God and he was certainly lying when he said "I do". I'm left alone and lonely while he cavorts around with that harlot from Calabar.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by ifyalways(f): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2009
Euchena:

ifalwars,

If what you suggested was true, maybe I could live and let live and just pray the demons out of my house each day and ignore this juju stuff. Unfortunately we have seperated but still live in the same house. I would love to resume my marriage but this situation is hopeless. I would never refuse him and I want a christian man in my life. Before we married he promised to go to the Methodist church with me sometimes and I promised to visit the Catholic church but I never promised to convert. Now he is not even true to his own religion because know that you cannot serve two masters. It is impossible to be a good catholic, and I'm his third wife by the way and be a juju man at the same time. He is lying to himself and to God and he was certainly lying when he said "I do". I'm left alone and lonely while he cavorts around with that harlot from Calabar.
what is that @ bolded. cheesy
dear,just live and let live ! u guys are seperated but live in same house? shocked undecided ,well,each man to his own.u are his 3rd wife? shocked u can't be anyway serious with ya complains.lol
This guy from the onset is a core traditionalist.and what church/religion of urs allowed u to marry a man with 2 wives?
u have no case,just live and let live. , . and maybe pray for him.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by amebono13: 10:55am On Apr 27, 2009
on a serious note, ive never heard and abian say he or she wont marry from imo?

all i know is dat a lot of of pple from imo and abia dat i know,said they will never marry an anambarian,dat instead theyd rather marry from china grin

come to think of it,i know of someone dat said he will never marry an owerri woman undecided

ok i know dat anambarians like marrying themselves, infact if they get married to smone from another state,they will still marry their own person
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by ofala(m): 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2009
@Euchena,
So your conclusion is that your 'dirty' husband juju life is because he is from Anambra.I have never involved myself in public word-lashing any poster but you really tempted me to.I am not saying this because i come from Anambra,but do you know that what you wrote here will be contested by even your 3 year old daughter[if you have one?]Did you go to school atall?Because i can see that your world is TOOOOOO small.You look at the world from a todlers angle.Please gro up,for the sake of your neighbors and your so-called church memembers.I would have sympatised with you for being unfortunate and marrying a YESTERDAY'S man,who does not know that its only God that being worshipped now but you spoilt your case by saying its because he came from Anambra.I wish you do not train your children with this kind of VERY LOW thinking you have.

For those saying that Imo girls are this and that,i think they are getting it ALL wrong.on the contrary,Imo girls are more loyay than Anambra girls,YES!I stand to be corrected but i know what i am talking of and will be going to IMo real soon, wait for your IVS
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by invisible2(m): 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2009
In Anambra, Imo, kafanchan, Opobo and Ado ekiti, you will see the good, bad, and very ugly in almost the same proportion. Challenge this as much as you want but that is the way it is.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by ikeyman00(m): 1:07am On Apr 28, 2009
@@@@post

if anyone need juju let me know!!

okija hard core!! no shakin

cool
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by invisible2(m): 6:23am On Apr 28, 2009
I need juju to break into the central bank vaults, any help?
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by ikeyman00(m): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2009
invisible!!

juju on the way

alert u when its due
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Diva1(f): 5:35am On Apr 29, 2009
Thank God, a thread like this was opened. I opened one but I guess it was closed down, can't wait to see opinions.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Sissy3(f): 8:48pm On May 23, 2009
all i know is dat a lot of of pple from imo and abia dat i know,said they will never marry an anambarian,dat instead theyd rather marry from china

roflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by IGWEUSA(m): 11:25pm On May 23, 2009
hmmmmmmmm, according to the stori wey i don hear,  marrying  imo women no be beans at all.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by Nobody: 1:28am On May 24, 2009
Nonsense thread. My dad's Anambra and my mom's from Imo. Those that want to let other people and their paranoid beliefs determine their fate should go ahead.
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by meche4vr(m): 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2009
@WHITE, THAT IS TOTALLY RUBISSH I MEAN BULSHIT SOME OF UNA GIRLS HAVE EVEN REALSIE THE FAULT WITH UNA THATS Y THEY RE RUNNING AWAY

TALKS OF MBAISE A.K.A COUNTRY5 HAS NO -----------NO LET ME TALK, THEIR GIRLS NA WAR
Re: Anambra And Imo Marriage by meche4vr(m): 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2009
@ALL   IHE OKENYE NO NA ONUNU(PIT) WE HU NWATA JIRI UGBOELU OGAGHI AHU YA., SO LET US LISTEN TO THEM, COS SOME OF THEIR TALK ARE OK

ISSUE OS TRIBE AND THE OUTCOME OF MARRIAGE SOME ARE TRUE

I MYSELF I DONT THINK I WILL MARRY IMO OWERRI GIRL,
AS THE PROVERB OF ONE MUSICIAN SAYS AGAGHI ENWETE VIRGIN NA ALA-OWERRI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Nairalanders I Need Mature Advice / Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.