Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. (41437 Views)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / 13 Things You Should Teach Your Child Before The Age Of 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Vikky014(f): 5:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
Amberon:
beautiful...
I'm a girl and I must say Nigerian girls have very low IQ.This is the same question I ask some friends of mine. Why don't Nigerians ladies feel the need to strive to be successful in life?
you nailed it. not All girls though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ewuro4: 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
smileysmiley:
one answer to your question... ladies are expected to get married in their early twenties, once she clocks 25, the 'go and marry' crew will attack but a guy in his early twenties has little or no responsibility so what is stopping him from going out there to hustle and make a living for his future family... mind you, once the lady gets married, she is expected to start bearing children which might affect her future dreams... To all the ladies out there looking for a guy that can give you a comfortable life, you are not gold diggers at all, these guys are just getting too lazy these days.

'Expected' by who?

This is one of the low-life excuses these lot carry around to save face and jump into marriage then cry foul when those men treat them like trash.

Who send them message? Don't they have brain of their own to make their own decisions??

Please stop preaching tu-sh, we don't want new generations thinking it's true.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by smileysmiley(f): 8:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ewuro4:

'Expected' by who?

This is one of the low-life excuses these lot carry around to save face and jump into marriage then cry foul when those men treat them like trash.

Who send them message? Don't they have brain of their own to make their own decisions??

Please stop preaching tu-sh, we don't want new generations thinking it's true.

your suggestion, your business... my suggestion, my business too... one of those lazy things with nothing in their pocket that will start crying foul the moment a girl demands they act like men... you and the op seem to be reasoning from the same place and I think I know why... ask your father questions, if he had your type of reasoning, he wouldn't have been able to wife your mother... man up and do the needful, stop attacking the female folks for your inability to be a man
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by oloyede252(m): 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
smileysmiley:
your suggestion, your business... my suggestion, my business too... one of those lazy things with nothing in their pocket that will start crying foul the moment a girl demands they act like men... you and the op seem to be reasoning from the same place and I think I know why... ask your father questions, if he had your type of reasoning, he wouldn't have been able to wife your mother... man up and do the needful, stop attacking the female folks for your inability to be a man
please just stfu.too much nonsense in one post
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by smileysmiley(f): 8:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
oloyede252:
please just stfu.too much nonsense in one post
I expected you to wail, if you don't wail, who will?
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by oloyede252(m): 9:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
smileysmiley:
I expected you to wail, if you don't wail, who will?
lols.so you came from a family of wailers.no wonder you are blaming society for your failure.ehya sorry
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by smileysmiley(f): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
oloyede252:
lols.so you came from a family of wailers.no wonder you are blaming society for your failure.ehya sorry
must you do this all this talk just because you were asked to man up... continue embarrassing yourself in public
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ewuro4: 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
smileysmiley:

My mother's generation are made jackals via hard work and determination. They are threat to any man's wealth. When they (men) couldn't stand the heat, they got out of the damn kitchen. Shuo

He's not man enough? So financial strength depicts manliness in your opinion? Gosh, See what you're spewing , some women are fighting for your independence and freedom from oppression (rolls eyes) and here you are looking for a man to pick you up from the gutter and brush you up to his standards. When he starts to wire you with grave insults regarding how he bought and feeds your entire village altogether, you come on NL with alternate moniker and start wailing.

Kontinue.

3 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by smileysmiley(f): 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ewuro4:

My mother's generation are made jackals via hard work and determination. They are threat to any man's wealth. When they (men) couldn't stand the heat, they got out of the damn kitchen. Shuo

He's not man enough? So financial strength depicts manliness in your opinion? Gosh, See what you're spewing , some women are fighting for your independence and freedom from oppression (rolls eyes) and here you are looking for a man to pick you up from the gutter and brush you up to his standards. When he starts to wire you with grave insults regarding how he bought and feeds your entire village altogether, you come on NL with alternate moniker and start wailing.

Kontinue.
you have said it all, I now see where you draw your laziness from. According to your words not mine, your mother is the breadwinner of the family and when your father couldn't stand it, he gave up and allowed her rule... A lazy man can only bring forth another lazy man, I wonder how many guys are in your family. When a man allows his sons watch their mother feed the family he is only creating a big mess, not your fault dear, blame popsy.... If Adam wasn't sleeping or lazying around, Eve would not have been put in the position of fending for the family and we would all have been in the garden by now... Ogbeni free talk and #FeedYourWoman
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by smileysmiley(f): 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ewuro4:

Kontinue.
by the way I never knew you were Alakija's son ooo @ they are a threat to any man's wealth... My friend go and sit down
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ewuro4: 11:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
smileysmiley:
you have said it all, I now see where you draw your laziness from. According to your words not mine, your mother is the breadwinner of the family and when your father couldn't stand it, he gave up and allowed her rule... A lazy man can only bring forth another lazy man, I wonder how many guys are in your family. When a man allows his sons watch their mother feed the family he is only creating a big mess, not your fault dear, blame popsy.... If Adam wasn't sleeping or lazying around, Eve would not have been put in the position of fending for the family and we would all have been in the garden by now... Ogbeni free talk and #FeedYourWoman

Yeye girl, grin grin so you knew Eve relieved Adam of his responsibilities at one point ? Hehe see person wey wan live for garden Eden.

So what if she was the breadwinner, Is that a taboo?? Continue wallowing in your f00lishnesss you hear... It's amusing there's still breed like you left on earth .

#busybody
#stoplookingforamantofeedyou #faceyourstudiesandbesomebody #beingawomanmeansgreatness #yourgenerationofshallowthinkersshouodbeflusheddownthedrain

smileysmiley:
by the way I never knew you were Alakija's son ooo @ they are a threat to any man's wealth... My friend go and sit down

grin grin otondo

I'm going for round 2 nap now cool
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by smileysmiley(f): 8:29am On Feb 07, 2016
Ewuro4:

Yeye girl, grin grin so you knew Eve relieved Adam of his responsibilities at one point ? Hehe see person wey wan live for garden Eden.

So what if she was the breadwinner, Is that a taboo?? Continue wallowing in your f00lishnesss you hear... It's amusing there's still breed like you left on earth .

#busybody
#stoplookingforamantofeedyou #faceyourstudiesandbesomebody #beingawomanmeansgreatness #yourgenerationofshallowthinkersshouodbeflusheddownthedrain

grin grin otondo

I'm going for round 2 nap now cool
I only pity the woman that ends up with a sissy like you, she'll toil the ground until she bend...it's not my fault you were born as a man, today is Sunday, take your rants to God in prayer.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ewuro4: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2016
smileysmiley:
I only pity the woman that ends up with a sissy like you, she'll toil the ground until she bend...it's not my fault you were born as a man, today is Sunday, take your rants to God in prayer.

Go and quench missy, She ain't complaining so stop taking Advil for another's fever cool cool

P.S : Hit the gym and get those lazy hands of yours busy while at it... Yeye geh

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by edwife(f): 9:30am On Feb 07, 2016
who provoked ewuro? grin grin
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ewuro4: 9:41am On Feb 07, 2016
edwife:
who provoked ewuro? grin grin

grin grin.. One yeye geh wey no wan make I enjoy my weekend off ni.

I guess it's Sunday morning there already. I'm watching movies. Enjoy your Sunday my dear kiss
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by edwife(f): 10:08am On Feb 07, 2016
Ewuro4:

grin grin.. One yeye geh wey no wan make I enjoy my weekend off ni.

I guess it's Sunday morning there already. I'm watching movies. Enjoy your Sunday my dear kiss

LMAO i am preparing to go to church(thanksgiving). cheesy

Happy Sunday dear! once i am back-it's movies and soccer.... wink

If you have iroko try "husband of lagos", your life won't be the same again. grin
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by ChikezieU(m): 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
I have enjoyed this topic longer than i expect, it has being intresting. One thing is to send a message another thing is to decode to ur understanding, so may rap it up by saying...behind a successful man their is a strong woman(wife or mother wether you acknowledge it or not) so both gender need each other to peform their responsibilities. Parents should not contribute to public nuisance by not educating them (both academics and home). Enough Money or not, build ur family give them the best u can and entrust everything to God. HAPPY SUNDAY

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by smileysmiley(f): 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ewuro4:

Go and quench missy, She ain't complaining so stop taking Advil for another's fever cool cool

P.S : Hit the gym and get those lazy hands of yours busy while at it... Yeye geh

original otondo
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by oloyede252(m): 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
smileysmiley:
must you do this all this talk just because you were asked to man up... continue embarrassing yourself in public
lols
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ewuro4: 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
smileysmiley:
original otondo

Stop pilfering ... Otondo is your last name, laziness runs in your family.

#Ode

#olodo

#disgracetowomanhood

#Lazybone

#golddigger
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ewuro4: 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
smileysmiley:
one answer to your question... ladies are expected to get married in their early twenties, once she clocks 25, the 'go and marry' crew will attack but a guy in his early twenties has little or no responsibility so what is stopping him from going out there to hustle and make a living for his future family... mind you, once the lady gets married, she is expected to start bearing children which might affect her future dreams...

To all the ladies out there looking for a guy that can give you a comfortable life

you are not gold diggers at all, these guys are just getting too lazy these days.

Kontinue the rich men hunt and see if it won't hunt you, f00l like you end up in soakaways.

Ole.. Looking for a guy to give her comfortable life, how dumb can a whole human being be
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ewuro4: 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
edwife:

LMAO i am preparing to go to church(thanksgiving). cheesy

Happy Sunday dear! once i am back-it's movies and soccer.... wink

If you have iroko try "husband of lagos", your life won't be the same again. grin

You and this soccer eh, Just got up and getting ready for church here grin

Hmm will check it out. Thanks for the recommendation kiss
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by edwife(f): 6:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ewuro4:

You and this soccer eh, Just got up and getting ready for church here grin

Hmm will check it out. Thanks for the recommendation kiss

Okay dear,later. kiss
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by smileysmiley(f): 5:27am On Feb 08, 2016
Ewuro4:

Kontinue the rich men hunt and see if it won't hunt you, f00l like you end up in soakaways.

Ole.. Looking for a guy to give her comfortable life, how dumb can a whole human being be
at least I'm not as dumb as you are... jobless man, I now see the reason you can't hustle, you are on Nairaland 24/7

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by lurlah2014(f): 9:01am On Feb 08, 2016
mr man i have done that already, i am a student aswell a working class babe ,if am not well trained and am not discipline with principles to guild me no man will feel am worthy of been his woman.
so forget student, or no working class all a girl need is GODS grace and mercy to manage every available resources #her MAN
Toks2008:

E be like say many ladies dey take orubebe weed..why are you quarelling with yourself?

Im so sure you read the write up at all?
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by soonest(f): 10:16am On Feb 08, 2016
Yes, we go to the same school and even put in the same number of hours at work. Then why should I come home slaving after a man. Do his laundry, cook for him, take care of the children, clean after him etc. You all want a financially independent woman but you wouldn't want to take @ least 20% of domestic chores. Yeye dey smell. Men are called to be providers first and foremost, I don't know why a lot of you are becoming lazier by the day tongue.
For the ladies, nothing wrong in marrying up, who wouldn't want an easier life grin

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by eyinjuege: 1:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
oloyede252:

a housewife is not productive to the sociey ecomically or politically.

Doveda be a good girl and make daddy proud.be the best you can be.dont limit yourself..be the next hilary clinton of nigeria.

I think it's a wrong mindset to say a housewife or house husband is not productive to the society. It's actually hard work being a stay at home parent and people who choose that path shouldn't be castigated.
In a number of societies, child care is expensive and it makes financial sense for one of the parents to stay at home to look after the kids, and take care of the home front. If you were to assess and pay stay at home parents for the services rendered, you wouldn't say they are unproductive.

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
eyinjuege:

I think it's a wrong mindset to say a housewife or house husband is not productive to the society. It's actually hard work being a stay at home parent and people who choose that path shouldn't be castigated.
In a number of societies, child care is expensive and it makes financial sense for one of the parents to stay at home to look after the kids, and take care of the home front. If you were to assess and pay stay at home parents for the services rendered, you wouldn't say they are unproductive.

Thumbs up grin
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Stillfire: 10:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
This has made me conclude that its gradually becoming a waste of money and resources for some parents to send their daughters to school since they are likely to come out and dump the zeal and qualification just to start scouting for "financially ok guys" before they can think of making a headway for themselves in life.

Bulls eye! Absolutely agree. You can imagine how tough it is to get into university that universities have to cut down on people who genuinely want to go to university not knowing they have filled up the entrant pool for that year with some insincere females that have no plans of using their degrees.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by bukatyne(f): 11:24am On Feb 09, 2016
Stillfire:

Bulls eye! Absolutely agree. You can imagine how tough it is to get into university that universities have to cut down on people who genuinely want to go to university not knowing they have filled up the entrant pool for that year with some insincere females that have no plans of using their degrees.

Lols!

True however, i think the major concern is the below:

soonest:
Yes, we go to the same school and even put in the same number of hours at work. Then why should I come home slaving after a man. Do his laundry, cook for him, take care of the children, clean after him etc. You all want a financially independent woman but you wouldn't want to take @ least 20% of domestic chores. Yeye dey smell. Men are called to be providers first and foremost, I don't know why a lot of you are becoming lazier by the day tongue.
For the ladies, nothing wrong in marrying up, who wouldn't want an easier life grin
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
Op has not created his revenge thread by now?
What is he waiting for? grin
I was expecting a more vengeful and misogynistic thread since this one failed so horribly at promoting woman hate grin

Funny black men. They have no problems treating women like inferior human beings but they will cry from here to Ouagadougou if a white man treats then like inferior humans.

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Mutaino7(m): 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
fellis:
Op has not created his revenge thread by now?
What is he waiting for? grin
I was expecting a more vengeful and misogynistic thread since this one failed so horribly at promoting woman hate grin

Funny black men. They have no problems treating women like inferior human beings but they will cry from here to Ouagadougou if a white man treats then like inferior humans.
sorry this might hurt but kindly zip it....Dangote didn't have a uni.cert but he made it as a business man...d op said girls shouldn't waste money or peace of mind about going to the univ. if it only end up in the wardrobe. Simple as it is you guys still manage to sneak in baseless accusation.. i wonder who hate who from what many are writing.
It's like you knowing someone is gonna be a barber or hair stylist so why disturb yourself about acquiring a degree that wouldn't be used. Even in the so called America people dropout of schools or don't even border to study higher since they know the cert would be useless..... And before you start scratching my E-face ask your self would you want to use your degree cert. or you want your husband to open a plaza or big store for you...i belief you grab my point

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Father Impregnates Daughter In Nasarawa (Photo) / How Lady Saved A Chronic Drunk's Life In Lagos (photos) / Lady Wandering In Ogun State. Do You Know Her? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.