Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. (41423 Views)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / 13 Things You Should Teach Your Child Before The Age Of 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by lyricalz: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
O eziokwu na dis guy ne kwu eeba. Nna gt small truth 4 wetin dis guy dey talk here o.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
lurlah2014:
Op this does not apply to all females #its only the lazy bones#

U are free to let ur daughter remain an illiterate while your males become a graduated unemployed youth #your business

#your life not my life, so don't send a bad signal about the females

Nigerian woman are good examples
E be like say many ladies dey take orubebe weed..why are you quarelling with yourself?

Im so sure you read the write up at all?
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
This Op is a senseless baboon!! First of all, what is the essence of Education?? So u can get a good job and make money?? Point number one, education is not all about money, you refine urself as a human being. So you would rather your daughter is a dull brained girl than be sound? You are a disgrace and I pity ur girl child!!!!!! You better goan work hard and make money and stop complaining. Who wants to associate with poverty before?

9 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:

At least make the money first then look for a rich guy as a plus,not as a succour...thats the point

Are the rich husbands complaining? smiley
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
this thread no follow at all. Havent you seen male children that are stupi and lazy. I know women that are bread winners while there husbands stay at home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
SAMBARRY:
This is the FIRST TIME toks2008 is making sense

Unbelievable. So there's no one breeze cannot blow inside his number 6

And this is the irony of life...the thread that makes no sensse to many ladies is making sense to you.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Sweetlemon(f): 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2016
Sometimes I wonder what these small boys think makes them men. Is it because of that thing dangling between your legs?
Very lazy bunch of things these new generation boys are wallahi!

6 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 10:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
ENIMONEY:
This Op is a senseless baboon!! First of all, what is the essence of Education?? So u can get a good job and make money?? Point number one, education is not all about money, you refine urself as a human being. So you would rather your daughter is a dull brained girl than be sound? You are a disgrace and I pity ur girl child!!!!!! You better goan work hard and make money and stop complaining. Who wants to associate with poverty before?

Another empty post from an empty brain.

I bet you did not comprehend as usual.

Many ladies are brain dead.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
beautiful...
I'm a girl and I must say Nigerian girls have very low IQ.This is the same question I ask some friends of mine. Why don't Nigerians ladies feel the need to strive to be successful in life?
you are very silly!!! Go to the villages and see Woman breaking stones for a living while their lazy husbands drink away their lives!!! Go to almost every home and see what women go through! Some have sacrificed their career to have babies and be mothers!! You are here saying rubbish.. How many men can boast of taking care of their homes without their hustling wives help??

5 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Sometimes I wonder what these small boys think makes them men. Is it because of that thing dangling between your legs?
Very lazy bunch of things these new generation boys are wallahi!

Mummy abeg dont be a lazy woman,go back and read very well then come back and make comment.

Mama old generation.

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:

Another empty post from an empty brain.

I bet you did not comprehend as usual.

Many ladies are brain dead.
brain dead like every female in your generation!!! Rich Men are getting married everyday and poor boys keep whining... Better goan think.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 10:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
ENIMONEY:
you are very silly!!! Go to the villages and see Woman breaking stones for a living while their lazy husbands drink away their lives!!! Go to almost every home and see what women go through! Some have sacrificed their career to have babies and be mothers!! You are here saying rubbish.. How many men can boast of taking care of their homes without their hustling wives help??

Why on earth are you messing yourself up?

Did you read that article at all?

Apparently you fall into the category of ladies who after graduation went in search for a made guy wtout striving to make it on your own else you wont be showxading your shallow mindedness.

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Orikinla(m): 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:
It is no longer a new thing that after graduation of a male child from a tertiary institution,there is so much expectation from him especially the one whose parents are from a very humble background and had to make huge financial sacrifices.

After graduation,this male child is expected to do his best as regards the ability to provide for himself,his aging parents and also prepare to start a family and we all know the financial demands that come with marriage ceremonies.

As if this is not enough for the male child,the female folks who have spent years in tertiary institutions to have a sound intellect and ought to be a succor in terms of encouragement and financial support have become an additional burden.

Please understand this...there is absolutely nothing bad for a lady be a graduate or not to want,hope or desire a rich or financially ok guy...which lady will not want that?

But it gets even crazier by the day cos most of those ladies who have no opportunity of bagging a degree are unbelievably hard working as we can see many of them doing one thing or the other legitimately to be financially independent while many acclaimed graduates just hope for one unfortunate maga to buy them..how sad.

Ok lets take a look at this..In Nigeria,both the male and the female child go to the same private or public schools right from nursery to tertiary levels,we had the same educational qualification because the last time i checked the University as well as polytechnic degrees are awarded to both male and female...

We go through NYSC together and start looking for jobs in the same labor market in the same country.It is even easier for a female graduate to get jobs compared to the male folks yet these same ladies expect these same guys to be "financially ok" enough to take care of them HABBA!

What happened to equal opportunity to be financially ok since we are faced with same economy conditions. What sought of magic are these ladies expecting the male folks to perform? It even becomes more unrealistic and wicked when ladies are looking for financially ok guys in their 20s and early 30s.

This has made me conclude that its gradually becoming a waste of money and resources for some parents to send their daughters to school since they are likely to come out and dump the zeal and qualification just to start scouting for "financially ok guys" before they can think of making a headway for themselves in life.

So if that is the case,there is no need to get a degree since they don't need that to get a rich guy as they can use their natural body degree to achieve that thereby saving the parents hundreds of thousands of naira.

So i am advising every Nigerian parent to ask their daughter this vital question before spending a dime on her tertiary education and beg her to tell them the truth...

"Are you ready to go to school and acquire a degree to become self reliant financially or are you nursing the thought of going to school and latter come out to start looking for a rich guy or financially ok guy"?

Be observant to the way she answers and make up your mind.

Odiegwu.

Odiegwu indeed.
While majority of guys graduate and start looking for dream jobs, majority of babes graduate and are desperately looking for their dream men.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by tartarus(m): 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
Misogynist. Anyways when u have a female child don't send her to school u hear, let her just become a baby making factory when she's ready, leave Nigerian women out of this. I don't know why a typical Nigerian man will always be unappreciative of the nigerian woman. Every time ladies this, ladies that! Make we hear word abeg! Even as a man I find this thread very insulting! undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:

Why on earth are you messing yourself up?

Did you read that article at all?

Apparently you fall into the category of ladies who after graduation went in search for a made guy wtout striving to make it on your own else you wont be showxading your shallow mindedness.
did I come in search of u? Or ur brothers? Or ur father?? The people am searching for, are they complaining?? Shut ur poverty stricken hole and let us hear word! U lack home training and respect for the female Gender! You don't bite the hand that feeds u. Omo Ale

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by HaneefahRN(f): 10:24pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
beautiful...
I'm a girl and I must say Nigerian girls have very low IQ.This is the same question I ask some friends of mine. Why don't Nigerians ladies feel the need to strive to be successful in life?

Are u a Nigerian? And I dnt blive u're a girl, cos u'll be agreeing u av low IQ. U might av bt don't generalize it. Some pple av low IQ wc is common to both male and female. I dnt av friends who dnt strive to be successful. Lots of Nigerian women are doing great for themselves everyday at every lvl so stop generalizing bullshit. There are lazy gud for nothing men out there, so why shld critics always face women cos of their choices? Yes, no doubt some women are feather-brained, bt the generalizing shld stop.

It's a choice is marry a rich man, likewise it's a choice to marry a struggling man. They av the right to their choices and tht has nothing to do wt their IQ or hw successful they are or will be.

4 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2016
lyricalz:
O eziokwu na dis guy ne kwu eeba. Nna gt small truth 4 wetin dis guy dey talk here o.

This is a fact bro.

There is nothing bad in an illiterate lady looking for a rich dude but how can you explain ladies whose parents spent their hard earned money also coming out to start hoping for a rich man NOT AS A PLUS BUT AS A SUCCOUR...
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ageco(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2016
Thanks for this piece. It's quite pathetic. It's common here Africa & Nigeria in particular. In the west is totally different.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by DNameisOla(f): 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2016
jeevyww:

Which father? A Lot of girls forming they must marry a rich guy are from homes that look like ayelala shrine,many of their fathers are not rich or financially ok
Why do we always think dt money answers all? A father might not be but be a gud role model, I hope u knw dt?
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by ekpaben(m): 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
What re u saying?
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ageco:
Thanks for this piece. It's quite pathetic. It's common here Africa & Nigeria in particular. In the west is totally different.

So pathethic.

Asking your daugter this question will drive home a message not a criterion to send her to school.

Simple logic.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by anigbajumo(m): 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
lurlah2014:
Op this does not apply to all females #its only the lazy bones#

U are free to let ur daughter remain an illiterate while your males become a graduated unemployed youth #your business

#your life not my life, so don't send a bad signal about the females

Nigerian woman are good examples

Bae,try to understand the contents pls.....
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by DNameisOla(f): 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
Holyrule:

lol... Pls let me ask... as u quoted... "someone like her father"... What if her father is very poor?
Let me tell u d story I read somewhere:
As a father was about to die, he told his children to always follow d legacy he laid down. One of the children got angry and replied her father harshly dt wat legacy did he lay down but poverty? Den walked away. After a while, dt particular child went for an interview somewhere. In d process of interviewing her, one of d interviewer asked maybe she's related to a particular person( dt person being her dead father) . When she affirmed dt inquiring, the interviewing came to an end at dt junction. She was told dt her father was a very honest man when he was alived, and just because of his honesty, that particular child was given dt job. Its d blind race after money dt is particularly destroying our generation.

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
doveda:

HE IS CONFUSEDsmiley
I'm starting to think He's gay...lipsrsealed

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Amberon: 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
Take your problem elsewhere, not my mentions. Travel outside your village first before you talk shit. The fact remains that the an average Nigerian girl sees marriage as her highest achievement in life and is ready to forgo her certificate to be a stay-at-home wife just as long as her husband dolls out regular pay check to her.

White women are the exact opposite. They dont see their partners as father christmas. An average Nigerian girl is always on the look out for a rich man and has zero goals and ambitions outside being a graduate.

How many female entrepreneurs or successful business women do we have in Nigeria relative to the men? 1:200??

I'm not saying that there aren't goal driven girls in Nigeria but its infinitesimally low when compared to the male counterpart.

I won't trade words with you, you can accept the truth or you can choose to live in oblivion.
ENIMONEY:

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Gerrard59(m): 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
OP threads have never been reasonable at all. He is always against the female gender no matter how the issue may be. What he's implying is that the female gender shouldn't be educated at all? What's wrong with a lady striving to marry a rich man? Are they rich complaining?

Funny enough, folks like you aren't rich. YES!!!. It's only a pauper that whines everyday about flimsy things. You're poor for you to be whining/whiny everyday about the female gender. I only pity the potential slave you'd marry as a wife.

Your threads are misogynistic and chauvinistic. People like should be banned from using the Internet before you pollute the general populace with your dinosaur mentality.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
Estharfabian:

That is more like itsmiley

Mznellysmiley
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by GoldEnyong(m): 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
a nice package. I will ask my daughter. for now I have only male.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
Estharfabian:

lmao!! That can explain it! Typical gay dude hating on females!! No wonder. Oga goan marry a bros like you and let girls rest. Its not by force to date or marry a girl. I blame GEJ for the gay law...hahahahahaha
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
Take your problem elsewhere, not my mentions. Travel outside your village first before you talk shit. The fact remains that the an average Nigerian girl sees marriage as her highest achievement in life and is ready to forgo her certificate to be a stay-at-home wife just as long as her husband dolls out regular pay check to her.

White women are the exact opposite. They dont see their partners as father christmas. An average Nigerian girl is always on the look out for a rich man and has zero goals and ambitions outside being a graduate.

How many female entrepreneurs or successful business women do we have in Nigeria relative to the men? 1:200??

I'm not saying that there aren't goal driven girls in Nigeria but its infinitesimally low when compared to the male counterpart.

I won't trade words with you, you can accept the truth or you can choose to live in oblivion.

Imagine this nonsense? No be the same Nigeria I grew up?

After marriage, what happens? I'd it not that ksot of them strive as hard as their husbands if not more, to take care of the family?

You must think you are addressing stupid people.

4 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Amberon: 10:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
I may have been wrong for generalizing but its really no news that a larger percentage of Nigerian women will humbly accept a regular pay check rather than work hard to be independent. I'm not arguing blindly. I've lived with foreigners for years and I can tell you that, just by spending a few minutes with most white girls, you'd be able to spot a glaring difference. Marriage to most Nigerian females is the highest achievement for a woman in life.

HaneefahRN:

Are u a Nigerian? And I dnt blive u're a girl, cos u'll be agreeing u av low IQ. U might av bt don't generalize it. Some pple av low IQ wc is common to both male and female. I dnt av friends who dnt strive to be successful. Lots of Nigerian women are doing great for themselves everyday at every lvl so stop generalizing bullshit. There are lazy gud for nothing men out there, so why shld critics always face women cos of their choices? Yes, no doubt some women are feather-brained, bt the generalizing shld stop.

It's a choice is marry a rich man, likewise it's a choice to marry a struggling man. They av the right to their choices and tht has nothing to do wt their IQ or hw successful they are or will be.

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:

Now that you are sounding Mature let's talk. This is Nigeria, who is KING in Nigeria? This is a country that has forever put women in the shadows and have fed us with lies for years!! Lies like '' If you are too rich you can't get a man, you should not aspire to greatness so you don't intimidate men, you are not complete until you are married with children. An ideology passed down from generations to generations and you just want to break it within a minute?? You can't compare Us to the West. We are getting there and you have to at least applaud us and not castigate us for our little efforts. Soon they will call me a feminist.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Father Impregnates Daughter In Nasarawa (Photo) / How Lady Saved A Chronic Drunk's Life In Lagos (photos) / Lady Wandering In Ogun State. Do You Know Her? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.