Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,596 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. (41366 Views)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / 13 Things You Should Teach Your Child Before The Age Of 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Fkforyou(m): 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
Lol.. ..I think what the OP is trying to say is that, it is pointless to train a female child upto university level only to see marrying a rich man as an escape route from poverty, in essence, what is the point of her going to the university if she cannot be self reliant?.....marrying a rich man should be a bonus. But to be honest you were a little bit harsh, there are guys also who finish university and still have nothing to show for it, does it mean they should be deprived of the opportunity?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by misspicy(f): 8:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ishilove:

My sister e taya me. I was just reading what he wrote and grimacing. Ahn Ahn, the tin no even gel at all. It seems our guy is a misogynist cheesy
lol,I can't believe ladies are just realizing this,....its is very obvious though,and the best way to deal with such is avoid them like Ebola...

more reason why I will be calling lalasticlala to come and see sweet dinner cheesygrin

lala food don ready

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2016
Fkforyou:
Lol.. ..I think what the OP is trying to say is that, it is pointless to train a female child upto university level only to see marrying a rich man as an escape route from poverty, in essence, what is the point of her going to the university if she cannot be self reliant?.....marrying a rich man should be a bonus. But to be honest you were a little bit harsh, there are guys also who finish university and still have nothing to show for it, does it mean they should be deprived of the opportunity?

That is the message bro...no harshness..i am just stating the obvious.

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Amberon: 9:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
beautiful...
I'm a girl and I must say Nigerian girls have very low IQ.This is the same question I ask some friends of mine. Why don't Nigerians ladies feel the need to strive to be successful in life?

4 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:

That is the message bro...no harshness..i am just stating the obvious.

Do you know why you would ask your girl-child? You would ask your girl-child when you know within yourself you have been an awful parent!!!

I am who I am today because of my father and mother. They didn't ask me such questions because they know how they have brought me up.

Mznelly, he hasn't replied to my other postsad

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by YelloweWest: 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:
It is no longer a new thing that after graduation of a male child from a tertiary institution,there is so much expectation from him especially the one whose parents are from a very humble background and had to make huge financial sacrifices.

After graduation,this male child is expected to do his best as regards the ability to provide for himself,his aging parents and also prepare to start a family and we all know the financial demands that come with marriage ceremonies.

As if this is not enough for the male child,the female folks who have spent years in tertiary institutions to have a sound intellect and ought to be a succor in terms of encouragement and financial support have become an additional burden.

Please understand this...there is absolutely nothing bad for a lady be a graduate or not to want,hope or desire a rich or financially ok guy...which lady will not want that?

But it gets even crazier by the day cos most of those ladies who have no opportunity of bagging a degree are unbelievably hard working as we can see many of them doing one thing or the other legitimately to be financially independent while many acclaimed graduates just hope for one unfortunate maga to buy them..how sad.

Ok lets take a look at this..In Nigeria,both the male and the female child go to the same private or public schools right from nursery to tertiary levels,we had the same educational qualification because the last time i checked the University as well as polytechnic degrees are awarded to both male and female...

We go through NYSC together and start looking for jobs in the same labor market in the same country.It is even easier for a female graduate to get jobs compared to the male folks yet these same ladies expect these same guys to be "financially ok" enough to take care of them HABBA!

What happened to equal opportunity to be financially ok since we are faced with same economy conditions. What sought of magic are these ladies expecting the male folks to perform? It even becomes more unrealistic and wicked when ladies are looking for financially ok guys in their 20s and early 30s.

This has made me conclude that its gradually becoming a waste of money and resources for some parents to send their daughters to school since they are likely to come out and dump the zeal and qualification just to start scouting for "financially ok guys" before they can think of making a headway for themselves in life.

So if that is the case,there is no need to get a degree since they don't need that to get a rich guy as they can use their natural body degree to achieve that thereby saving the parents hundreds of thousands of naira.

So i am advising every Nigerian parent to ask their daughter this vital question before spending a dime on her tertiary education and beg her to tell them the truth...

"Are you ready to go to school and acquire a degree to become self reliant financially or are you nursing the thought of going to school and latter come out to start looking for a rich guy or financially ok guy"?

Be observant to the way she answers and make up your mind.

Odiegwu.

Stu.pidity of the highest order. What a useless fellow u are.
The millions of working Nigerian wife's and mothers nkor?

8 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
Good question
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
The truth is..Majority of our ladies..both educated and uneducated are gold diggers..

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
Fkforyou:

Even a rich woman desires to marry a rich man not to mention a poor womanundecided

4 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by bettercreature(m): 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:

Not funny at all and this is why i tell guys looking for commitments to tell any lady who asks him what he does that he is jobless and just trying to get another job even if he is the MD of shell..If she loses interest in you please don't push it..you need a wife and not a leech.
You are very funny! you will tell her you are jobless and expect her to marry you? can you expect your daughter to marry a jobless poor man ? love and money works together if you dont know,stop thinking upside down

13 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
beautiful...
I'm a girl and I must say Nigerian girls have very low IQ.This is the same question I ask some friends of mine. Why don't Nigerians ladies feel the need to strive to be successful in life?

Why don't you leave them to their wahala? If they think they can get a rich man, no be their headache?

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by freecocoa(f): 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
Very senseless article.

4 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
YelloweWest:

Stu.pidity of the highest order. What a useless fellow u are.
The millions of working Nigerian wife's and mothers nkor?

Eyaah, i understand you are one of the mentally redundant people who dont understand that many is never the same as all.

You are a sorry case.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
beautiful...

Thank God this is comingh from a lady.

I wonder why ladies get so personal for no reason.

Many is never the same as all and the word most means there are still millions of ladies out of several millions who are determined to make it without hoping on any man .

So any lady who blivs she is different should speak for herself rather than showcasing mental dumbness by attacking the write up.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by jeevyww(m): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
DNameisOla:
As d saying goes, a lady always want to marry someone like her father or better than her father. So, when a lady says she wants a guy dts financially ok, she just want some dt will be better dan her or shld I say, someone she can look up to. Its nt just because she's a leech, mind you.

Which father? A Lot of girls forming they must marry a rich guy are from homes that look like ayelala shrine,many of their fathers are not rich or financially ok

5 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Uniquestellz(f): 9:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
The post is somehow
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by siegfried99(m): 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
What is happening here undecided
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 9:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
bettercreature:
You are very funny! you will tell her you are jobless and expect her to marry you? can you expect your daughter to marry a jobless poor man ? love and money works together if you dont know,stop thinking upside down

Leave marriage out of this.

If a lady is really sincere,she wont mind dating a jobless guy and hope he gets a job ot good business before they eventually marry.
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by siegfried99(m): 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2016
jeevyww:

Which father? A Lot of girls forming they must marry a rich guy are from homes that look like ayelala shrine,many of their fathers are not rich or financially ok

**falls from ugu tree***

grin grin

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
Uniquestellz:
The post is somehow

Nope,its not somehow.

Its the most stupid,foolish and inconsequential facrual write up that many ladies guilty of the act will never like.

Look around you and you will see countless ladies scouting for a made guy to attach to after their parents spent hugely to make them self reliant.

I dont write articles for people to love but to open their eyes to reality.

3 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
doveda:

Do you know why you would ask your girl-child? You would ask your girl-child when you know within yourself you have been an awful parent!!!

I am who I am today because of my father and mother. They didn't ask me such questions because they know how they have brought me up.

Mznelly, he hasn't replied to my other postsad

Leave him, he is confused. smiley

A woman doesn't deserve an education, we understand the misogynist.

Next, pls smiley

6 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by SAMBARRY: 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
This is the FIRST TIME toks2008 is making sense

Unbelievable. So there's no one breeze cannot blow inside his number 6
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by TheAziz: 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
hmmm; true tlk but, don't you know that most over ambitious women find it hard in their marriage and guys would be afraid to walk up to them.. you better think wella
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by kaziblake(f): 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
Amberon:
beautiful...
who told you nigerian ladies don't strive to be successful in life?

4 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Meel: 9:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by doveda: 9:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
MzNelly:

Leave him, he is confused. smiley

A woman doesn't deserve an education, we understand the misogynist.

Next, pls smiley

HE IS CONFUSEDsmiley

2 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Holyrule(m): 9:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
DNameisOla:
As d saying goes, a lady always want to marry someone like her father or better than her father. So, when a lady says she wants a guy dts financially ok, she just want some dt will be better dan her or shld I say, someone she can look up to. Its nt just because she's a leech, mind you.

lol... Pls let me ask... as u quoted... "someone like her father"... What if her father is very poor?

1 Like

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by bettercreature(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:

Leave marriage out of this.

If a lady is really sincere,she wont mind dating a jobless guy and hope he gets a job ot good business before they eventually marry.
My brother no lady wish to date a poor guy or jobless guy,most of them are doing it because of no other alternative,OBE ko dara lo run oju ni adiye n ro
Why go into dating if you are jobless ? it doesnt make sense to me,no matter how rich a lady is you should be able to give her a token after each date.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by kaziblake(f): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
Toks2008:

Not funny at all and this is why i tell guys looking for commitments to tell any lady who asks him what he does that he is jobless and just trying to get another job even if he is the MD of shell..If she loses interest in you please don't push it..you need a wife and not a leech.
Don't reason like this,i have seen countless nigerian working class women who are very successful and don't depend on their husband for money.

Most of them are usually the breadwinner#fact#

3 Likes

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by lurlah2014(f): 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
Op this does not apply to all females #its only the lazy bones#

U are free to let ur daughter remain an illiterate while your males become a graduated unemployed youth #your business

#your life not my life, so don't send a bad signal about the females

Nigerian woman are good examples

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. by Toks2008(m): 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
doveda:

Even a rich woman desires to marry a rich man not to mention a poor womanundecided

At least make the money first then look for a rich guy as a plus,not as a succour...thats the point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Another Missing Person. Please Help A Worried Family. / Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise / Physically-Challenged Man Crawls With Wife To Dedicate Baby In Delta Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.