Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? (24749 Views)

Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’ / Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Judas2013: 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Your signature says : "Learn to think Beyond God ... " There is no precursor before God so your signature is irrational

there is no god but yourself

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2015
SirWere:
meh, man has been deliberating on this issue AFTER a revolution in thinking and abadoning religious constraints. Sadly, there is no answer because

1) No one was present : If earth is destroyed by nuclear wars and aliens come down to these earth and they saw an Apple laptop, They will acknowledge something lived here once. An argument however, might stem by saying "Who created the first laptop?" (we are assuming Apple laptops are the only laptops on earth). There will be many theory and hypothesis but still no proof.

2) Who cares??: Even on Nairaland, there is a little percentage of free thinkers and athiests. Most people find it easy to just go to church every sunday to pray for sins they will commit in the coming week.

Vooks, I have to ask : Are you a christian or an agnostic?
Am a Christian. What about you?

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
Tending towards agnosticism
vooks:
Am a Christian. What about you?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
SirWere:
Tending towards agnosticism
From atheism or theism?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hahaha ... God is an entity/being . He has always existed , and continue to exist for ever . He is the creator of life , a miracle worker , a wonderful , excellent God etc . There has never been anything before Him not even NOTHING . The existence of God PRECLUDES infinite regression .
How do you know all this? Is this proof/evidence or just speculation?
Were you present when the world began?

3 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

How do you know all this? Is this proof/evidence or just speculation?
Were you present when the world began?

The evidence for God is best gotten through experience . Since I've experienced it , then its true .

So my turn :

Your signature says : "Jesus is a lie ... " Were you present during his 'supposed' lifetime to ascertain the truth about his existence and then you found out it was a lie ?

2 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 06, 2015
vooks:
From atheism or theism?
theism, sadly.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hahaha ... God is an entity/being . He has always existed , and continue to exist for ever . He is the creator of life , a miracle worker , a wonderful , excellent God etc . There has never been anything before Him not even NOTHING . The existence of God PRECLUDES infinite regression .

So wow me , show me how life needs or has no designer . Prove to me life is uncaused or uncreated

It is only a fool that will insist that something as perfect as god has no creator
logic shows that there must be an intelligent designer of god
things don't just come to exist
if the i-pad was created, so was god or do you mean to tell me that the i-pad came into being randomly?

3 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by davien(m): 12:06am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

I have seen your moniker peeping about, it's good to know you have discovered your voice after an extended leave. Hoping you are well my broda.

I just wrote this on a sandy beach. Supposing you came across it and you never saw me writing it, what criteria would you use to conclude it was intelligence behind it and not some random waves?

I really need to laugh out loud here, for someone who claims design in everything, but yet can't answer up on his own premise...

First of all, writing is by definition(there can't be a writing without a writer) indicative of a writer... and as far as evidence goes human intelligences dwarf any other phenomenon be it animate or inanimate that would be assumed...

But for someone with your original premise, there is no distinction between words and ocean waves(since everything is designed) and I still want to know the criteria you base that on..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by shachris02: 1:05am On Dec 07, 2015
Lol. lame.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 4:37am On Dec 07, 2015
SirWere:
theism, sadly.
Sadly? Why sad about it
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 4:40am On Dec 07, 2015
davien:
I really need to laugh out loud here, for someone who claims design in everything, but yet can't answer up on his own premise...

First of all, writing is by definition(there can't be a writing without a writer) indicative of a writer... and as far as evidence goes human intelligences dwarf any other phenomenon be it animate or inanimate that would be assumed...

But for someone with your original premise, there is no distinction between words and ocean waves(since everything is designed) and I still want to know the criteria you base that on..
You are not coherent
Rephrase your question
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:09am On Dec 07, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

It is only a fool that will insist that something as perfect as god has no creator
logic shows that there must be an intelligent designer of god
things don't just come to exist
if the i-pad was created, so was god or do you mean to tell me that the i-pad came into being randomly?

Your opinion is that God must have a creator . OK I hear you . So please answer my question WHICH I ASKED FIRST . Show me how LIFE HAS or NEEDS no creator
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by plaetton: 8:11am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

I have seen your moniker peeping about, it's good to know you have discovered your voice after an extended leave. Hoping you are well my broda.

I just wrote this on a sandy beach. Supposing you came across it and you never saw me writing it, what criteria would you use to conclude it was intelligence behind it and not some random waves?

Big laugh.
Once again, proudly showcasing your " half-think" syndrome. undecided

Let me try to rephrase davien's question in kindergarten-speak for you.

Now, if your great grand parents, whom I assume , could not read the English alphabet, came across your scribbling on a sandy beach, what criteria would they have used to reach a conclusion on whether the scriblings were made by ocean waves, seagulls , sea turtles or kids playing on the beach ?

You get my drift ?

I truly doubt that you would .
undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 8:24am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

It is the iPad that is fine tuned for me and not the other way round. The reason it is fine tuned is because it was DESIGNED for use by intelligent primates like myself. I have an iPad Air and I want to give it away and upgrade to Air 2.

Give me please grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by ichommy(m): 8:52am On Dec 07, 2015
Gen gen gen. You dey do begi begi grin
hahn:

Give me please grin
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Your opinion is that God must have a creator . OK I hear you . So please answer my question WHICH I ASKED FIRST . Show me how LIFE HAS or NEEDS no creator

1. life is made up of the ingredients of universe.
2. life contains elements which were formed on stars. the origin of the ingredients of life are well known
3. there is enough time for Murphy's law to apply.
4. there are enough cataclysmic events in earth's history that can facilitate the rise of life
5. Life on earth today is complex life. when life first arose, it was nowhere near this complex.
6. single celled organisms had two entire billion years to evolve. in comparison.
7. The shaping of cellular life was governed by complex natural means. which ultimately rival an intelligent design
8. The only difference between intelligent design and natural design is the speed. in the end, they will achieve the same goal.
9. Life does not possess irreducible complexity. it can be broken down into it's various parts.
10. 99.9% of all life that has ever lived is now extinct. meaning . . . it was a trial and error process. some made it, others didn't the ones we observe now are actually the best type of life forms to ever exist. so, obviously, they will be very efficient and complex.

so, gimme ten reasons why an intelligent creator, doesn't need an intelligent creator.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 9:02am On Dec 07, 2015
plaetton:

Big laugh.
Once again, proudly showcasing your " half-think" syndrome. undecided

Let me try to rephrase davien's question in kindergarten-speak for you.

Now, if your great grand parents, whom I assume , could not read the English alphabet, came across your scribbling on a sandy beach, what criteria would they have used to reach a conclusion on whether the scriblings were made by ocean waves, seagulls , sea turtles or kids playing on the beach ?

You get my drift ?

I truly doubt that you would .
undecided
Good morning m0ron Amateur Septic(sic),
Knowledge of what waves can and can't

You honestly think there is a knowledge gap that would ever make it sensible to believe a volcano can spew Subarus?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:08am On Dec 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There is a creator of everything.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 9:09am On Dec 07, 2015
hahn:

Give me please grin
Will do when we meet
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:10am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

You are not coherent
Rephrase your question

Go school, you no gree.

2 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:19am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

You honestly think there is a knowledge gap that would ever make it sensible to believe a volcano can spew Subarus?

See this and tell me the meaning
A: A sign left on the sand for someone to follow?
B: A mini crater made by a falling meteorite?

Intelligent design or not?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

There is a flaw in your reason, mr man.

The oceans are not random. they are in fact, a deterministic system. at any given point, we can correctly predict their behavior. they will level any contours on the sand they wash over. That is in fact their behavior. any attempt to disrupt the uniformity of the beach will be countered by the sea.

It is therefore within reason to conclude that any opposite behavior was caused by something which is not the sea. and could possibly be a human handiwork.

The universe on the other hand, is the most unpredictable thing EVER. There are only a few forces which restricts it's behavior and within those constraints, it constantly awes us. it made up planets that are all diamond, planets that are pitch black, planets with three stars, all sorts of mundane things. What if life is just another of it's . . . consequences?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by malvisguy212: 9:50am On Dec 07, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

There is a creator of everything.
God existence does not depend on, nor is it tied to, the existence of our physical
world. What holds true of the natural
and material does not necessarily hold
true of the supernatural and immaterial
(and vice versa). There must have been a first, uncaused cause which started the chain of events that resulted in the present state of the universe.

The fact that time and space BEGAN to exist at one particular point of time proved God exist in a timeless eternity, Therefore, God has no need of being created, but, in fact, created the time dimension of our universe specifically for a reason, so that cause and effect would exist for us. However, since God created time, cause and effect would never apply to His existence.

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by plaetton: 10:26am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

You know , I wish there was a way to convey sincere truths to you without appearing to insult you.

When I say that you are you intellectually vacuous, I don't really mean it as insult.

Let me ask you a simple question.
Who created the Subaru you posted above?

Who woke up one day and designed the Subaru?

How many different parts make up your Subaru, and how many scientific innovations, scientific principles are incorporated in your Subaru?
And where all these parts, their engineering mechanisms, all designed by one person all at once.

You half-think too much.

Have you ever read up on or considered thinking about the evolution of the automobile?

I bet you haven't.

Your Subaru, the automobile, has evolved over the past 150yrs or so, incorporating different scientific concepts, laws, and social necessities.
In other words, all the technologies incorporated into your Subaru followed the processes of scientific discovery, as well as social necessities.

It is the same way that simple dust clouds aggregate and accrete by gravitational forces to form planets and stars, establish an stable orbit, and on the right conditions, water and the seeds if life.

To use a finished product of human ingenuity as proof of intelligent design is soooo juvenile, soooo amateurish, soooo half-thinking, that it embarrasses me to respond as I am presently doing.

Your shiny Subaru is an evolved object, a scientifically evolved specimen of human social evolution.

It didn't spring up by magic, you silly half-thinker.

It underwent rigorous trial and error processes over a 150 yr period, even going further back to the invention of the wheel , to the steam locomotive engine.

If you cannot understand the slow, rigorous and dynamic processes that have led to manufacture of your Subaru, then you may never ever understand the slow, rigorous and dynamic processes of natural evolution.

And that just makes you a little stuuupider than most.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by plaetton: 10:35am On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:

1. life is made up of the ingredients of universe.
2. life contains elements which were formed on stars. the origin of the ingredients of life are well known
3. there is enough time for Murphy's law to apply.
4. there are enough cataclysmic events in earth's history that can facilitate the rise of life
5. Life on earth today is complex life. when life first arose, it was nowhere near this complex.
6. single celled organisms had two entire billion years to evolve. in comparison.
7. The shaping of cellular life was governed by complex natural means. which ultimately rival an intelligent design
8. The only difference between intelligent design and natural design is the speed. in the end, they will achieve the same goal.
9. Life does not possess irreducible complexity. it can be broken down into it's various parts.
10. 99.9% of all life that has ever lived is now extinct. meaning . . . it was a trial and error process. some made it, others didn't the ones we observe now are actually the best type of life forms to ever exist. so, obviously, they will be very efficient and complex.

so, gimme ten reasons why an intelligent creator, doesn't need an intelligent creator.

The unfortunate thing, my dear friend, is that these clowns would pretend not to have read you response above.
They would pretend or tell themselves that the above facts are from the devil.

They would not learn anything. Their learning curves stop at Sunday school.

Tomorrow, they will come back and ask the same silly questions and make the silly, half-thoughout statements.

I don tire. kiss

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 10:39am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Will do when we meet

Where will we meet?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 10:41am On Dec 07, 2015
ichommy:
Gen gen gen. You dey do begi begi grin

At least let a Christian give me a christmas gift na
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 10:56am On Dec 07, 2015
plaetton:

The unfortunate thing, my dear friend, is that these clowns would pretend not to have read you response above.

Tomorrow, they will come back and ask the same silly questions and make the silly, half-thoughout statements.

I don tire. kiss

Hian, welcome to the club undecided

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 07, 2015
plaetton:

I don tire. kiss

one cool fact. for the next time some theist tries to claim that we are special.
the order of reactive elements in the universe by abundance.

1. Hydrogen
2. Oxygen
3. carbon
4. Nitrogen

The order of elements in life by abundance.

1. Hydrogen
2. Oxygen
3. Carbon
4. Nitrogen

The exact same order.

the abundance of elements on earth is directly proportional to the difficultly required to form them. This is also true for living organisms. in fact, organisms tend to retain the heavier elements. water is constantly passed out of the body. calcium is preciously guarded by the body. hardly passed out.

so, I thought God created everything from scratch? how is it that we are recycled products then? I would accept we were created by God if we were actually made of silicon(like genesis says we were.). but . . . We're not. because Silicon is not abundant, nor is it reactive enough for spontaneous life to arise from it.

I think you are right though. theists tend to overestimate the power of intelligence, and they also tend to Under estimate the power of infinite intelligence.

The reason why humans have become this advanced is because they started competing with each other. to see who could build the bigger weapons, who could organize the bigger cities, who could win the most battles, build the biggest buildings, the fastest computers, the complexity of our civilization arose as a result of competition. Now, the burj Khalifa doesn't even look like humans built it. It looks like the work of Gods. or God.

MR NIGER DAC, the characteristics of life. the C stands for competition. showing that life will become more and more complex in an effort to outdo other lifeforms. if given enough time, it will appear as though intelligence was involved.

and that is why we are here today, innit? cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 11:12am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Bro, the least you can do is show a little bit of christ-like behavior by not responding with insults. The more I read your, and other theists, comments the more I don't feel the presence of the Lord in you. Be a good example and maybe that will be able to convince atheists of a need to believe in this god you are talking about. Your behavior is really appalling undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 11:19am On Dec 07, 2015
hahn:

Bro, the least you can do is show a little bit of christ-like behavior by not responding with insults. The more I read your, and other theists, comments the more I don't feel the presence of the Lord in you. Be a good example and maybe that will be able to convince atheists of a need to believe in this god you are talking about. Your behavior is really appalling undecided
Good idea.
Are you supposed to 'feel the presence of the Lord' in people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Janet Olukoya Is Dead! Daniel Olukoya's Mother Dies / His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.