Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? (24769 Views)

Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’ / Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 11:21am On Dec 07, 2015
hahn:

Where will we meet?
Now that's a good question.
You badly need my iPad Air or you are just pulling my leg?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 11:23am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Good idea.
Are you supposed to 'feel the presence of the Lord' in people?

Yeah, I guess so. Those people who jump, drop and roll in churches feel it too, don't they? tongue

I just feel that as a theist you should show a better example especially when it comes to controlling your temper.

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 11:25am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Now that's a good question.
You badly need my iPad Air or you are just pulling my leg?

I terribly need the ipad air. If you see my bold 2, i've been using it for 3 years and I am kinda emotionally attached to it, you will give me the ipad air and ask me to kneel down for prayers grin
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 11:27am On Dec 07, 2015
plaetton:

You know , I wish there was a way to convey sincere truths to you without appearing to insult you.

When I say that you are you intellectually vacuous, I don't really mean it as insult.

Let me ask you a simple question.
Who created the Subaru you posted above?

Who woke up one day and designed the Subaru?

How many different parts make up your Subaru, and how many scientific innovations, scientific principles are incorporated in your Subaru?
And where all these parts, their engineering mechanisms, all designed by one person all at once.

You half-think too much.

Have you ever read up on or considered thinking about the evolution of the automobile?

I bet you haven't.

Your Subaru, the automobile, has evolved over the past 150yrs or so, incorporating different scientific concepts, laws, and social necessities.
In other words, all the technologies incorporated into your Subaru followed the processes of scientific discovery, as well as social necessities.

It is the same way that simple dust clouds aggregate and accrete by gravitational forces to form planets and stars, establish an stable orbit, and on the right conditions, water and the seeds if life.

To use a finished product of human ingenuity as proof of intelligent design is soooo juvenile, soooo amateurish, soooo half-thinking, that it embarrasses me to respond as I am presently doing.

Your shiny Subaru is an evolved object, a scientifically evolved specimen of human social evolution.

It didn't spring up by magic, you silly half-thinker.

It underwent rigorous trial and error processes over a 150 yr period, even going further back to the invention of the wheel , to the steam locomotive engine.

If you cannot understand the slow, rigorous and dynamic processes that have led to manufacture of your Subaru, then you may never ever understand the slow, rigorous and dynamic processes of natural evolution.

And that just makes you a little stuuupider than most.

Now you really look like a marine invertebrate.
The Subaru did not go through'rigorous trial and error processes over 150 years, it probably took a week or less to assemble.

Now m0ron listen and listen hard.
Exactly what underwent the 'slow,rigorous and dynamic processes of natural evolution'? Dirt?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 11:28am On Dec 07, 2015
hahn:

Yeah, I guess so. Those people who jump, drop and roll in churches feel it too, don't they? tongue

I just feel that as a theist you should show a better example especially when it comes to controlling your temper.
I don't have a temper so I have no need to control what i don't have
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 11:30am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

I don't have a temper so I have no need to control what i don't have

Cool. But you have to admit that you come up with some really creative insults grin

You and plaetton should fix a date to chat. I am sure you'll absolutely love each other. No homo grin

3 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by plaetton: 11:32am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

The Subaru did not go through'rigorous trial and error processes over 150 years, it probably took a week or less to assemble.

Exactly what underwent the 'slow,rigorous and dynamic processes of natural evolution'? Dirt?

Gosh.

Just as I thought.
You didn't get it.
Lol.

Another waste of my efforts.

Oh well,
I thank the Toothfairy that I am not posting for brain-atrophied folks like you.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 11:37am On Dec 07, 2015
hahn:

I terribly need the ipad air. If you see my bold 2, i've been using it for 3 years and I am kinda emotionally attached to it, you will give me the ipad air and ask me to kneel down for prayers grin
Am sorry bro,
I have used every blackberry since 8700. My last was this Q10 lying idle by my desk. I have decided to give touchscreen a try and am liking the iPhone 6 Plus.

About iPad Air, you need to understand that iPads are more about brand than practical utility. Can you imagine I can't download an MP3 as I have to buy from iTunes or sync them to my Air using a PC? Can you imagine I can't install whatsapp on the iPad and I can't send you a file using Bluetooth except your gadget be Apple? To get around this crazy controlled ecosystem you have to jailbreak it which comes with its own problems

Point is am not sure you will love Apple if you haven't used one before, I'd rather you get a nice Tecnopad or a Samsung tab. But if you insist, I will definitely consider sending it to you as soon as my Air 2 gets here.

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:37am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Illiteracy.
This is what happens when you attend the same university as the nazarene.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 11:40am On Dec 07, 2015
plaetton:

Gosh.

Just as I thought.
You didn't get it.
Lol.

Another waste of my efforts.

Oh well,
I thank the Toothfairy that I am not posting for brain-atrophied folks like you.
When grown ups keep 'lol','gosh', it sounds like am dealing with sissies or Negroes trying too hard to show that they had a brush with civilization
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:41am On Dec 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
What holds true of the natural
and material does not necessarily hold
true of the supernatural and immaterial
(and vice versa).

I want you theists to bear this in mind the next time you want to use the facts of the material universe to prove the immaterial and supernatural.

3 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 11:43am On Dec 07, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Illiteracy.
This is what happens when you attend the same university as the nazarene.
I have always thought satanists are illuminated and extremely brilliant fellas like SonofLucifer but you, you are a disgrace to Satan.
You think evolution can be compared to technological leaps?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:46am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

I have always thought satanists are illuminated and extremely brilliant fellas like SonofLucifer but you, you are a disgrace to Satan.
You think evolution can be compared to technological leaps?

At least you acknowledge my capacity to think, which cannot be said of you.

2 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Really, bro? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2015
hahn:

Cool. But you have to admit that you come up with some really creative insults grin

You and plaetton should fix a date to chat. I am sure you'll absolutely love each other. No homo grin
Good idea
But I will need to to practice using a single neuron first so when we meet he won't be intimidated
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 11:48am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Am sorry bro,
I have used every blackberry since 8700. My last was this Q10 lying idle by my desk. I have decided to give touchscreen a try and am liking the iPhone 6 Plus.

About iPad Air, you need to understand that iPads are more about brand than practical utility. Can you imagine I can't download an MP3 as I have to buy from iTunes or sync them to my Air using a PC? Can you imagine I can't install whatsapp on the iPad and I can't send you a file using Bluetooth except your gadget be Apple? To get around this crazy controlled ecosystem you have to jailbreak it which comes with its own problems

Point is am not sure you will love Apple if you haven't used one before, I'd rather you get a nice Tecnopad or a Samsung tab. But if you insist, I will definitely consider sending it to you as soon as my Air 2 gets here.

Lol.

The bb is more or less my business phone for my website @ www.nimini.com.ng. I use it to communicate with business prospects and clients especially on whatsapp and bbm. One of the major reasons why I have been reluctant to change it is because I subscribe at 1k for 3GB monthly and I am simple used to it. I never use it to receive calls, I have a small and reliable nokia for that. I am actually considering a blackberry playbook, Q10 or Z10. It has to be a blackberry grin and I am not so much a tecno fan.

But now that you mention the setbacks, I didn't even bother to consider them myself, I will just rather pass. Thanks for the offer though. I hope someone else who has need for it, most likely a gamer or show off would love it.

grin
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Am sorry bro,

So why are you getting an Air 2? Didn't know you were into gadgets too. Nice. You sound like a guy I can share a bottle of Orijin with. cool
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 11:55am On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Good idea
But I will need to to practice using a single neuron first so when we meet he won't be intimidated

Hahahahaha grin
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

So why are you getting an Air 2? Didn't know you were into gadgets too. Nice. You sound like a guy I can share a bottle of Orijin with. cool

Vooks sounds like an alchoholic who smokes weed grin

He'll definitely be a fun guy to be with. Most theists also have doubts but they come online to argue against atheists who have accepted the stories as hogwash in order to verify their own beliefs. It's fun though

BTW, that your write up about "poo" was really interesting. I'll definitely be looking forward to your updates. Ensure you come up with those poems of yours as well grin

2 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
There is a flaw in your reason, mr man.

The oceans are not random. they are in fact, a deterministic system. at any given point, we can correctly predict their behavior. they will level any contours on the sand they wash over. That is in fact their behavior. any attempt to disrupt the uniformity of the beach will be countered by the sea.

It is therefore within reason to conclude that any opposite behavior was caused by something which is not the sea. and could possibly be a human handiwork.

The universe on the other hand, is the most unpredictable thing EVER. There are only a few forces which restricts it's behavior and within those constraints, it constantly awes us. it made up planets that are all diamond, planets that are pitch black, planets with three stars, all sorts of mundane things. What if life is just another of it's . . . consequences?

I like your thinking sir.
1. We make decisions based on the information we have.
2. Our information is limited or at least growing
3. Even in our limited/growing information, we can establish facts

#3 is how you quickly concluded that the handwriting on the sandy beach is not the work of the waves because you know enough of the waves to know what they are incapable of.

But you lose me when you claim the universe is unpredictable and that there are a few forces which restrict its behavior.

When I said EVERYTHING is fine tuned for life this is what I meant;
1. The distance between the earth and the sun is just right for the water cycle. Too close and the water boils and evaporates indefinitely, too far and most would be frozen and unavailable for life
2. The earth's crust width is just right, the nitroge:oxygen ratio,ozone level, CO2, Gravity, axis tilt,

And so forth

The probability of all these independent aspects of the universe being just right for life is extremely small we may just say impossible. Think about the probability of 100 blind men solving the Rubic's cube simultaneously

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
hahn:

Vooks sounds like an alchoholic who smokes weed grin

He'll definitely be a fun guy to be with. Most theists also have doubts but they come online to argue against atheists who have accepted the stories as hogwash in order to verify their own beliefs. It's fun though
Heehe, I too have my vices. grin What's a man without them? dont let my girl hear that

hahn:

BTW, that your write up about "poo" was really interesting. I'll definitely be looking forward to your updates. Ensure you come up with those poems of yours as well grin
Oh thanks. FOR sure, will let you know when the "Spirit" comes upon me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Heehe, I too have my vices. grin What's a man without them? dont let my girl hear that

Fortunately, my wife shares my vices wink

Oh thanks. FOR sure, will let you know when the "Spirit" comes upon me.

Oya na grin
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:

1. life is made up of the ingredients of universe.
2. life contains elements which were formed on stars. the origin of the ingredients of life are well known
3. there is enough time for Murphy's law to apply.
4. there are enough cataclysmic events in earth's history that can facilitate the rise of life
5. Life on earth today is complex life. when life first arose, it was nowhere near this complex.
6. single celled organisms had two entire billion years to evolve. in comparison.
7. The shaping of cellular life was governed by complex natural means. which ultimately rival an intelligent design
8. The only difference between intelligent design and natural design is the speed. in the end, they will achieve the same goal.
9. Life does not possess irreducible complexity. it can be broken down into it's various parts.
10. 99.9% of all life that has ever lived is now extinct. meaning . . . it was a trial and error process. some made it, others didn't the ones we observe now are actually the best type of life forms to ever exist. so, obviously, they will be very efficient and complex

ROTFLMAO ... You pull off SCIENCE MYTHS like EVOLUTION and ABIOGENESIS as facts to prove life needs no designer ? Are you drunk ?? Before life forms started to evolve how did life come out ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:
Good evening Amateur Septic(sic)

it's so obvious that I really hate saying it.
It's also so obvious that Hawking, Dawkin and EVERYBODY talks about it.
Sadly, most downplay this for reasons known best to themselves.

Specifically, I want to pick your brains on Multiverse Theory
1. What are your views on this relatively new attempt at explaining away fine-tuning?
2. Do you have alternative spins?

You can start here if multiverse is a vocabulary grin
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/dec/10-sciences-alternative-to-an-intelligent-creator

Everyday you wake up you benefit from the blood,sweat and tears of Science and technology. Every form of trial and errors have lead to that Ipad you hold dearly with your life. Did you think the design came from the Bible?

I cannot count how many Christians are addicted to Facebook and twitter. Yet if the world had followed the supposed teachings of the bible we know where we will all be right now.....follow cows and rams about in the bush while waiting for Jesus to come perhaps.

I wonder how much you cracked your brain to end up with a silly question like the "planet was fine-tuned for life",are you really serious? A planet that got the dinosaurs wiped out is equally as dangerous to life presently on it. Actually the reverse seem to be the case....Life has evolved to fit nature!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

words like theses will not get you far in life. It makes sense that a fairy tale character of Jesus was intended for people whose tongue move faster than their brains

4 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

I like your thinking sir.
1. We make decisions based on the information we have.
2. Our information is limited or at least growing
3. Even in our limited/growing information, we can establish facts

#3 is how you quickly concluded that the handwriting on the sandy beach is not the work of the waves because you know enough of the waves to know what they are incapable of.

But you lose me when you claim the universe is unpredictable and that there are a few forces which restrict its behavior.

When I said EVERYTHING is fine tuned for life this is what I meant;
1. The distance between the earth and the sun is just right for the water cycle. Too close and the water boils and evaporates indefinitely, too far and most would be frozen and unavailable for life
2. The earth's crust width is just right, the nitroge:oxygen ratio,ozone level, CO2, Gravity, axis tilt,

And so forth

The probability of all these independent aspects of the universe being just right for life is extremely small we may just say impossible. Think about the probability of 100 blind men solving the Rubic's cube simultaneously

It's the other way around actually. life is fine tuned for the universe. The universe actually doesn't care.

but wait, if the sun was too far away from earth and water did freeze, how do you know some lifeforms wouldn't spring up with an efficient way to cope with that? by finding a way to live in Icy conditions? already, we have found some lifeforms that can withstand superheating and superfreezing. hence your first point is . . . well, doesn't apply.
Nitrogen oxyen ratio is so because oxygen is more reactive than nitrogen anyway. too much oxygen, it will burn itself out. restoring the original ratio. carbon dioxide is rather little because carbon is in high demand. in fact, the only reason why it even exists is because it is a result of respiration. think of the amount of organism that can be formed out of all that carbon. as for gravity . . . no, we can live pretty well without it. see space stations. but then, of course, we wouldn't look like this, but whatever life form that evolved would think "Imagine if we had one force, constantly pulling us to itself. that we could never escape from, that would be terrible!"

If the hundred blind men were not allowed to repeat a movement they had made in the past, they most surely will solve several rubik's cube in a few million years. and that is the thing about the universe. It doesn't repeat things. once something is done, something slightly more complicated will follow. and then another slightly more complicated thing will arise out of that.

what do you think will eventually happen then?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2015
1feness:

Everyday you wake up you benefit from the blood,sweat and tears of Science and technology. Every form of trial and errors have lead to that Ipad you hold dearly with your life. Did you think the design came from the Bible?

I cannot count how many Christians are addicted to Facebook and twitter. Yet if the world had followed the supposed teachings of the bible we know where we will all be right now.....follow cows and rams about in the bush while waiting for Jesus to come perhaps.

I wonder how much you cracked your brain to end up with a silly question like the "planet was fine-tuned for life",are you really serious? A planet that got the dinosaurs wiped out is equally as dangerous to life presently on it. Actually the reverse seem to be the case....Life has evolved to fit nature!

For humans , we have the penis and vagina . For mechanical work , we have bolt and nut . So your trying to tell me that life forms had to wait through the rigmarole of trial and error for millions of years to achieve that design ? grin What were they reproducing with while they waited grin
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

ROTFLMAO ... You pull off SCIENCE MYTHS like EVOLUTION and ABIOGENESIS as facts to prove life needs no designer ? Are you drunk ?? Before life forms started to evolve how did life come out ??
mtcheeew. like I have time.

since you want to play the question game. I have a question for you.

during ejaculation, the male body emits 450 million Sperms. Only one Will ever fertilize the egg.

why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

For humans , we have the penis and vagina . For mechanical work , we have bolt and nut . So your trying to tell me that life forms had to wait through the rigmarole of trial and error for millions of years to achieve that design ? grin What were they reproducing with while they waited grin
Asexual . . . ah _fuck . . . why do i even bother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

The evidence for God is best gotten through experience . Since I've experienced it , then its true .
Would you agree that personal experience doesn't qualify as objective evidence?
TRUTH: You had an experience. Just like having a dream. Or tripping on 'shrooms.

KingEbukasBlog:

Your signature says : "Jesus is a lie ... "
Oh yes he is. I know of no one else who was born by a virgin mother. Do you?

KingEbukasBlog:

Were you present during his 'supposed' lifetime to ascertain the truth about his existence and then you found out it was a lie ?
The basis of his existence is already questionable. You start believing women can give birth to children through 'spiritual sexperience' and there'll be truly no limit to the bullshit you'll adore and love.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
Asexual . . . ah _fuck . . . why do i even bother.

Idiot . Asexual is for single celled organisms
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Been pushing it forward to pay fees for some relations, may be by end of this month unless something else comes up. Ever played Temple Run 2 on Air? What about Asphalt Airbone 8? I live for speed and if I don't do 90-100MPH for at least 30 seconds every week I fall sick. Asphalt has weaned me off that, nowadays it's all fantasy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

'It Is Impossible To Find A Woman Like My Wife' - Pastor Adeboye Says / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.