Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? (24772 Views)

Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’ / Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Idiot . Asexual is for single celled organisms
Like I said, why do i even bother?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Would you agree that personal experience doesn't qualify as objective evidence?

Stop yarning balls . Deal with it to personally experience something is THE BEST EVIDENCE one can get

The basis of his existence [b]is already questionable. [/b]You start believing women can give birth to children through 'spiritual sexperience' and there'll be truly no limit to the bullshit you'll adore and love.

@bold ... questionable doesn't imply falsehood only skepticism .
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
Like I said, why do i even bother?

Go to sleep kid .
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Been pushing it forward to pay fees for some relations, may be by end of this month unless something else comes up. Ever played Temple Run 2 on Air? What about Asphalt Airbone 8? I live for speed and if I don't do 90-100MPH for at least 30 seconds every week I fall sick. Asphalt has weaned me off that, nowadays it's all fantasy
Lol. Started playing AA8. Unlocked season 6 without spending a dime on those credits. I spent so much on League of Legends (MOBA game, pretty fucking addictive).. not much into mobile gaming. I'll download temple run 2 just to see if I can beat your high score. These days, I just hand out serious ass whoopings on fifa 16 when friends come around..
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
mtcheeew. like I have time.

since you want to play the question game. I have a question for you.?

Dont be stu.pid
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Stop yarning balls . Deal with it to personally experience something is THE BEST EVIDENCE one can get
True story. So what makes your 'PERSONAL' experience better than mine? Notice how the seeds of fanaticism are sown.

KingEbukasBlog:

@bold ... questionable doesn't imply falsehood only skepticism .
A fair amount of skepticism is a healthy way to live.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Dont be stu.pid
When i told you that you were too stupid to argue with me. you replied that you doubted that I had the mental capacity to debate with you.

I hope you now see why i said you doubt changes nothing.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

I have seen your moniker peeping about, it's good to know you have discovered your voice after an extended leave. Hoping you are well my broda.

I just wrote this on a sandy beach. Supposing you came across it and you never saw me writing it, what criteria would you use to conclude it was intelligence behind it and not some random waves?

Ok..this is my post of the year... so funny... grin grin

You realize the only reason those marks have any meaning is because alphabets and languages are means by which we communicate. To those who aren't familiar with the roman alphabets or english language, they'd just be marks on a beach. well, figure the rest out..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Go to sleep kid .
on second thought. just in case you weren't actually joking back there.

there are multi-cellular organisms that go through Asexual reproduction. I'm telling you this because i don't want you to embarrass yourself later in life. probably in a public debate.

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
When i told you that you were too stupid to argue with me. you replied that you doubted that I had the mental capacity to debate with you.
I hope you now see why i said you doubt changes nothing.

ok
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:

It's the other way around actually. life is fine tuned for the universe. The universe actually doesn't care.
Sir, nobody is saying the universe cares and it specifically goes out of its way to ensure life is maintained. Bad deduction right there. More on this fallacy later

but wait, if the sun was too far away from earth and water did freeze, how do you know some lifeforms wouldn't spring up with an efficient way to cope with that? by finding a way to live in Icy conditions? already, we have found some lifeforms that can withstand superheating and superfreezing. hence your first point is . . . well, doesn't apply.
The answer is simple. Because there are no life forms on Venus nor Mars cool

Nitrogen oxyen ratio is so because oxygen is more reactive than nitrogen anyway. too much oxygen, it will burn itself out. restoring the original ratio. carbon dioxide is rather little because carbon is in high demand. in fact, the only reason why it even exists is because it is a result of respiration. think of the amount of organism that can be formed out of all that carbon. as for gravity . . . no, we can live pretty well without it. see space stations. but then, of course, we wouldn't look like this, but whatever life form that evolved would think "Imagine if we had one force, constantly pulling us to itself. that we could never escape from, that would be terrible!"
Now that you brought it along, the relationship between the air components and living organisms, you are talking or an egg/chicken problem; what came first, the organisms fit for whatever environment or the environment adjusted itself to suit the organisms which continually tinkered with the environment?

If the hundred blind men were not allowed to repeat a movement they had made in the past, they most surely will solve several rubik's cube in a few million years. and that is the thing about the universe. It doesn't repeat things. once something is done, something slightly more complicated will follow. and then another slightly more complicated thing will arise out of that.

what do you think will eventually happen then?

Let's look at Rubric's Cube.
What is the probability of randomly getting it right blindfolded/randomly?
1% in 13Billion years assuming one move per second. For a hundred men, it is 0.01%

His is a long way of telling you IMPOSSIBLE

Now, think about the SIMPLEST life form. Is it possible to compute the probability of this life being formed by natural forces ASSUMING all the ingredients are there? It is 1 in 10^55,000.

How many electrons do we have in the entire universe? 10^80

Evolution and Big Bang does not need Christianity to dismantle it, probability suffices

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 1:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
1feness:

Everyday you wake up you benefit from the blood,sweat and tears of Science and technology. Every form of trial and errors have lead to that Ipad you hold dearly with your life. Did you think the design came from the Bible?
The point is, there is no chance in hell of this iPad forming by chance cool

I cannot count how many Christians are addicted to Facebook and twitter. Yet if the world had followed the supposed teachings of the bible we know where we will all be right now.....follow cows and rams about in the bush while waiting for Jesus to come perhaps.
Does Christianity substitute science, art, culture? This is a strawman. Which brings me back to a question I aksd. What have you invented yourself? What makes you worth more than the urn we will put your ashes after creating you? What VALUE have you added to humanity?

I wonder how much you cracked your brain to end up with a silly question like the "planet was fine-tuned for life",are you really serious? A planet that got the dinosaurs wiped out is equally as dangerous to life presently on it. Actually the reverse seem to be the case....Life has evolved to fit nature!

I wish there was a better word but m0ron you are.
First, why do you presume that the universe is supposed to sustain life indefinitely such that death is actually a measure of how far it has failed in preserving life?

Next, once there was no life apparently because there were no accidents back then or simply because nature was so hostile. So life that was non-existent somewhat fought valiantly and won over nature?

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
1feness:

words like theses will not get you far in life. It makes sense that a fairy tale character of Jesus was intended for people whose tongue move faster than their brains
Am further in life than you can ever dream of.

Now, what have you brought to this world that is worth talking about, what value have you added to humanity?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
hahn:

Vooks sounds like an alchoholic who smokes weed grin

He'll definitely be a fun guy to be with. Most theists also have doubts but they come online to argue against atheists who have accepted the stories as hogwash in order to verify their own beliefs. It's fun though

BTW, that your write up about "poo" was really interesting. I'll definitely be looking forward to your updates. Ensure you come up with those poems of yours as well grin
I'm a teetotaler and I certainly never smoke weed
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Sir, nobody is saying the universe cares and it specifically goes out of its way to ensure life is maintained. Bad deduction right there. More on this fallacy later

Now that you brought it along, the relationship between the air components and living organisms, you are talking or an egg/chicken problem; what came first, the organisms fit for whatever environment or the environment adjusted itself to suit the organisms which continually tinkered with the environment?

1% in 13Billion years assuming one move per second. For a hundred men, it is 0.01%

Now, think about the SIMPLEST life form. Is it possible to compute the probability of this life being formed by natural forces ASSUMING all the ingredients are there? It is 1 in 10 to the power of 55,000.

How many electrons do we have in the entire universe?
number of possible chess moves is 10120

What are the probabilities of an intelligence that can win a chess game, popping into existence without being caused? yes, very big

What is the probability that a humanoid brain can arise from the void without being developed? yes, very very big.

What then is the probability that a brain which is infinitely more powerful than a humanoid brain (a creator) can arise? IMPOSSIBLE. and don't tell me God is eternal because the probability of the existence of an eternal, infinite intelligence is equally IMPOSSIBLE.

Again, like I said, the difficulty in solving a Rubik's cube is largely based on the players unintentionally repeating or negating their moves. a Rubik cube can actually be solved from any position within 20 moves.

Mars and Venus are two planets. there are a sextillion amounts of planets in the observable universe. i can similarly argue with you that it is impossible for an entire planet to be made of diamond. proof? none of the planets in our solar system has a diamond core. cool cool

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 1:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Ok..this is my post of the year... so funny... grin grin

You realize the only reason those marks have any meaning is because alphabets and languages are means by which we communicate. To those who aren't familiar with the roman alphabets or english language, they'd just be marks on a beach. well, figure the rest out..

You don't need to know alphabets and languages to tell that is not the work of the waves, you only need to know the limits of what waves can do so you automatically rule them out
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

For humans , we have the penis and vagina . For mechanical work , we have bolt and nut . So your trying to tell me that life forms had to wait through the rigmarole of trial and error for millions of years to achieve that design ? grin What were they reproducing with while they waited grin

It is well know that reproducing animals come from a single celled ancestor called Eukaryote species that can both carry out sexual and asexual reproduction. And for humans,it is possible to lose this unique abilities due to the vicious nature of we respond to our environment.

I wonder why a self acclaimed educated mind would ask such childish question when you can obviously get the answers in well researched science books?

2 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
number of possible chess moves is 10120

What are the probabilities of an intelligence that can win a chess game, popping into existence without being caused? yes, very big

What is the probability that a humanoid brain can arise from the void without being developed? yes, very very big.

What then is the probability that a brain which is infinitely more powerful than a humanoid brain (a creator) can arise? IMPOSSIBLE. and don't tell me God is eternal because the probability of the existence of an eternal, infinite intelligence is equally IMPOSSIBLE.

Again, like I said, the difficulty in solving a Rubik's cube is largely based on the players unintentionally repeating or negating their moves. a Rubik cube can actually be solved from any position within 20 moves.

Mars and Venus are two planets. there are a sextillion amounts of planets in the observable universe. i can similarly argue with you that it is impossible for an entire planet to be made of diamond. proof? none of the planets in our solar system has a diamond core. cool cool

You are confused.
What is the probability of life forming given all the conditions? 1/1^55000

Question is why such negligible probability is touted as a fact,science and alternative to a superintelligent being being behind life?

Intelligence is the antithesis of chance. While the probability of random processes forming this Subaru are next to nil, throwing in human intelligence and materials increase the probability to 1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Am further in life than you can ever dream of.

Now, what have you brought to this world that is worth talking about, what value have you added to humanity?

In what ways are you further in this life than I can dream of? Make a list!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by hahn(m): 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

I'm a teetotaler and I certainly never smoke weed

Good for you smiley
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
1feness:

It is well know that reproducing animals come from a single celled ancestor called Eukaryote species that can both carry out sexual and asexual reproduction. And for humans,it is possible to lose this unique abilities due to the vicious nature of we respond to our environment.

I wonder why a self acclaimed educated mind would ask such childish question when you can obviously get the answers in well researched science books?
'Well guessed' is more honest.

Now, did you know the probability of that creation forming out of natural processes is much higher than locating a single electron in the entire universe?
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
1feness:

In what ways are you further in this life than I can dream of? Make a list!
I would but for my privacy concern
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

I would but for my privacy concern

Put your money where your mouth is. You made a claim,back it up.

4 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by plaetton: 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Now, think about the SIMPLEST life form. Is it possible to compute the probability of this life being formed by natural forces ASSUMING all the ingredients are there? It is 1 in 10^55,000.

How many electrons do we have in the entire universe? 10^80

Evolution and Big Bang does not need Christianity to dismantle it, probability suffices

I must always remind you to stop half-thinking.
You never think through an issue before firing hot air from you windbag.

Google is good , but is not a substitute for a real education, real knowledge.

You wrote that it is 1% in 13 billion years to randomly get it right, assuming one move per second.

But your half-baked brain missed something essential.

Can you spot it ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
1feness:

Put your money where your mouth is. You made a claim,back it up.
I wish I could but am so dumb so as to air my privacy for Neanderthals like you. cheesy cheesy

Stoke my ego and I may just budge
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
plaetton:

I must always remind you to stop half-thinking.
You never think through an issue before firing hot air from you windbag.

Google is good , but is not a substitute for a real education, real knowledge.

You wrote that it is 1% in 13 billion years to randomly get it right, assuming one move per second.

But your half-baked brain missed something essential.

Can you spot it ?
Mighty glad your puny brain is not overheating from pure wisdom and sense shared here. Keep following and within a few million years you may have evolved into something worth marrying my daughter
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

You are confused.
What is the probability of life forming given all the conditions? 1/1^55000

Question is why such negligible probability is touted as a fact,science and alternative to a superintelligent being being behind life?

Intelligence is the antithesis of chance. While the probability of random processes forming this Subaru are next to nil, throwing in human intelligence and materials increase the probability to 1

you seem to be forgetting something.

this subaru is a product of gradual improvement. human intelligence didn't just pop it into existence. there have been other cars in the world before this and it is a product of improvement on them.

in the same way, Life is a product of gradual improvement. not formed by random processes but pseudo random Processes. the thing is, these processes built upon each other. life did not . . . spring out . . . like the bible claims. it formed. painstakingly . . . over billions of years under just the right processes. and had time to develop into what it is today.

a superintelligent being popping things into existence however, is questionable because one must immediately ask, where does the intelligent being come from? who or what created it? and saying it is eternal doesn't solve the problem! it only makes it harder. why would eternity possess intelligence? even eternity is not eternal. for every time, you can always go back in time further. so there must be a time when this superintelligent being did not exist. so what brought it into existence?
random processes, right? not?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

I wish I could but am so dumb so as to air my privacy for Neanderthals like you. cheesy cheesy

Stoke my ego and I may just budge

You boasted about something you cannot back up. I don't talk about material stuff,check my threads you won't will see 1. Perhaps its the useless Ipad you are showing off that makes you think some of us are beneath you?

5 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by davien(m): 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

You are not coherent
Rephrase your question
I'll sum it up for you then...
1. You choose to ignore a basis for your original claim I. e "everything in the universe is designed"

2. How one knows artificially designed objects is due to the fact that there is evidence supporting it being produced by non-natural intelligences...

3. Words like "painting, writing, etc" that you often use to ask questions about design already infer design from the very definition...

4. You cannot then equate items that are already known to be designed(like paintings) to things which aren't(like the cell)

5. Words like "complex" do not give reason for design as natural systems also tend to become complex irrespective of any detectable intelligence...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by plaetton: 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

Mighty glad your puny brain is not overheating from pure wisdom and sense shared here. Keep following and within a few million years you may have evolved into something worth marrying my daughter

Simple question.
Have you spotted your half-Think or not?

I want to give you a chance to extend your thoughts beyond your asxxs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by vooks: 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Lol. Started playing AA8. Unlocked season 6 without spending a dime on those credits. I spent so much on League of Legends (MOBA game, pretty fucking addictive).. not much into mobile gaming. I'll download temple run 2 just to see if I can beat your high score. These days, I just hand out serious ass whoopings on fifa 16 when friends come around..
I have gone to Season 4 but I got bored. It's sort of repetitious. Same case with Temple Run 2. Can't complain about getting wet in the shower cool

Here is my TR2 streak.
I played FIFA over 7 years ago and I gave up. I like my soccer real

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by plaetton: 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
vooks:

There is a 1 in 50 million chances of winning the super jackpot lottery.
Statistically, this means that if a person plays it 50 million times one after the other, the person has a chance of getting it right.

But yet, one person always seem to beat the odds to get it right?
How come?

Can your tiny brain figure out why ?

So, same with the rubic cube.

1% in billion years maybe, assuming one move per second.

But, but my little brain-athrophied friend, what if , rather than one sequential move after another every second, one, in this case nature, makes 13 billion simultaneous moves per second?

What would be the new odds?

undecided

You get my drift?

Unfortunately, I know you wouldn't.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church / Who Told You That You Were Naked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.