Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? (24777 Views)

Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’ / Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by UyiIredia(m): 11:47am On Dec 09, 2015
cloudgoddess:

Japan is not primarily a Buddhist country (and even if it was, Buddha isn't a god). Most of Japan practices Shintoism, but even that is simply a cultural tradition and not an actual religion these days. If you ask an average Japanese person if they believe gods are actively intervening in their lives they will laugh at you and shake their heads no way. I have several Japanese friends who confirm this.

Buddha allows for ancestral worship and a belief in God. Same with Shintoism which is a a religion indigenous to Japan. Many Japs believe in God, you make it seem like most don't which is silly. I also know people from Japan who believe in God.

cloudgoddess:

I have a Chinese friend who is also a very outspoken atheist and none of her family believes in any gods. And since Buddhism is actually an atheistic religion anyway (Buddha was not a god, just a regular man who discovered how to end his own suffering through meditation, and provided a pathway for other men to do the same), that point was null too.

Buddhism doesn't preach atheism so it isn't atheistic. Buddhism is theistic but is tacit about it hence the reason it is said to be atheistic. Many Buddhist concepts eg nirvana involve the beleief in the spiritual realm.

cloudgoddess:

The majority of the Islamic countries you mentioned are currently having more than their fair share of needless violence and conflict over religion. Places like Dubai are an anomaly.

In the midst of the violence some people live in peace and still prosper.

cloudgoddess:

And it's crazy to me that you think the burden of proof lies on the other person. Your outrageous claim that there are streets of gold waiting for you is the one that requires proof - none of which you have. Tell me, where would these streets of gold be located? On mars? In another dimension? How will you see those streets & walk on them when you get there, if you only have a "soul" and no physical body? Or will god give you a new body and implant your soul in there when you get there? What proof do you have that such a thing is possible, especially when all aspects of our personhood reside in our brains? Once our brains have decomposed, what proof do you have that our personalities will be preserved?

You are too materialistic. Are personalities material in nature or immaterial?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by UyiIredia(m): 11:52am On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

The growth of religion is actually linked to lack of education and poverty. The more educated you are you're less likely to believe in God.

justsaying

Nonsense. There are lots of educated believers and poor atheists. More importantly, mark this, the day is coming when all atheists living or dead will admit God exists.

2 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2015
UyiIredia:

Nonsense. There are lots of educated believers and poor atheists. More importantly, mark this, the day is coming when all atheists living or dead will admit God exists.

Fact. Religion is more prevalent where people are poor and lack education.

I didn't claim not to believe in God. I was just informing you.

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by cloudgoddess(f): 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
UyiIredia:

Buddha allows for ancestral worship and a belief in God. Same with Shintoism which is a a religion indigenous to Japan. Many Japs believe in God, you make it seem like most don't which is silly. I also know people from Japan who believe in God.

Buddhism doesn't preach atheism so it isn't atheistic. Buddhism is theistic but is tacit about it hence the reason it is said to be atheistic. Many Buddhist concepts eg nirvana involve the beleief in the spiritual realm.

In the midst of the violence some people live in peace and still prosper.

You are too materialistic. Are personalities material in nature or immaterial?
it's interesting that you say "God" as if the gods in shintoism are anything like the God of abrahamic religions like christianity & islam. whether or not a person believes in shinto gods and goddesses says nothing about the validity of any of those gods, and especially not the christian monotheistic god. and less than 40% of japanese are involved in any organized religion. the majority that are practice buddhism which again has no "god" in the sense that christians do. they are completely different ideologies.

no religion "preaches" atheism, a religion is either centered around the worship of a god or it isn't. buddhism is not centered around the worship of a god - there is no diety responsible for salvation. even if it historically has ancient gods tied to it (which are more of a reflection of culture if anything), it can very well be correctly practiced without belief in any of those gods.

"90 people are sick because a virus is going around. but there are 10 who are not sick so the virus doesn't need to be eliminated" undecided

neurons and electrical signals in the brain make up thoughts, beliefs, tendencies, and behaviors. when a person suffers damage to their frontal lobe, they become irrational and insensitive. the personality traits of self-control and consideration are seated in the frontal lobe of the brain, which is physical. so yes, the personality is seated in the material brain.

2 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

The growth of religion is actually linked to lack of education and poverty. The more educated you are you're less likely to believe in God.

justsaying

There are more religious scientists , businessmen , academicians , lawyers , engineers , presidents etc in the world . LET THAT SINK IN

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

Fact. Religion is more prevalent where people are poor and lack education.

I didn't claim not to believe in God. I was just informing you.

Lies . In fact , people who are poor and lack education tend to be more atheistic .
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There are more religious scientists , businessmen , academicians , lawyers , engineers , presidents etc in the world . LET THAT SINK IN

No. There isn't. There's just people who claim to be Christian or Muslim. But aren't really. The correlation between education and religion is very obvious.

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:08pm On Dec 09, 2015
UyiIredia:

Nonesense no be small grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lies . In fact , people who are poor and lack education tend to be more atheistic .

Ehm. I'm pretty sure that's false. The most religious contries in the world are the ones that have a high population of uneducated people and a lot of poverty.

Thailand at the moment is the worlds most religious country. 88% of people in Thailand live in poverty. You may go ahead and check the rest. I'm not bothered argue about facts.

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh and China is the least religious. With about 94% of them being atheist. and we all know the Chinese are intelligent. And they are one of the richest countries in the world.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

No. There isn't. There's [size=16pt] just people who claim to be Christian or Muslim. But aren't really.[/size] The correlation between education and religion is very obvious.

Yeah because you live inside of them . Please stop prevaricating in order to win this argument . Deal with it . Religious people are more successful and wealthy . FACTS prove this . Apparently atheists claim to be more rational but evidently they are less successful when compared with their religious folks . FACT .

Jews have 22 percent of noble prize award honorees and make up 11 percent of billionaires in the world . JUST JEWS not to talk of the RUSSIANS who are very orthodox christians , the wealthy families with very rich christian background , the filthy rich Arabs etc .

There are more religious academicians in prestigious universities - Harvard , CalTech , MIT , Oxford etc - more than 70 percent when put together. There is a factual certainty that these academicians continue to remain religious as they progress into their various fields in life .

While you wallow in wishful thinking , I deal with facts woman

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

Oh and China is the least religious. [size=20pt]With about 94% of them being atheist. and we all know the Chinese are intelligent.[/size] And they are one of the richest countries in the world.

WOW ! Your assertions are ludicrous . You really live in a different world grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by UyiIredia(m): 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Nonesense no be small grin

Dem think say i no sabi their style. behind my back dem go copy my style, change am come pretend say dem get brain pass.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by UyiIredia(m): 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

WOW ! Your assertions are ludicrous . You really live in a different world grin

He really is ignorant of the fact of how large the UNDERGROUND church is in China.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by UyiIredia(m): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

Ehm. I'm pretty sure that's false. The most religious contries in the world are the ones that have a high population of uneducated people and a lot of poverty.

Thailand at the moment is the worlds most religious country. 88% of people in Thailand live in poverty. You may go ahead and check the rest. I'm not bothered argue about facts.

Linda Ikeji, P-Square, Wizkid, Kings of various tribes, all rich, and educated and THEISTS.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
UyiIredia:

Linda Ikeji, P-Square, Wizkid, Kings of various tribes, all rich, and educated and THEISTS.

Lol yeah Bill gates and Linda ikeji are on the same level smiley

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

UAE is the most religious in the world . 91 percent Islam and 9 percent Christianity. People who are poor tend to engage in vices like crimes , UAE boast of very low crime rate , you have to admire their sophisticated security system .

In Thailand , close to 20 percent identify as irreligious and there is just 4 percent Christianity .

You are becoming desperate and its very pathetic
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

UAE is the most religious in the world . 91 percent Islam and 9 percent Christianity. People who are poor tend to engage in vices like crimes , UAE boast of very low crime rate , you have to admire their sophisticated security system .

In Thailand , close to 20 percent identify as irreligious and there is just 4 percent Christianity .

You are becoming desperate and its very pathetic

Haha no sweetheart. The UAE is not the most religious country in the world. Why are you here arguing with me when you can just google it.

There is a 0.6 negative correlation between intelligence and religion. A study a couple of years ago showed that you're 10% less likely to go to church or mosque or any religious congregations for every year you spend in education. Don't argue with me. I'm sure you can ring sociologists and give them a piece of your PhD in human relations mind smiley

I believe in God. I'm just telling you it's the truth. I'm not arguing on the existence of God.

And speaking from a person who has travelled many many many times. The UAE, Rome and all those countries make billions on their claim to be religious but they aren't at all. I kid you not Nigeria is a lot more religious than Rome claims to be. Or even Dubai or any of those countries.

Anyways. I shan't argue. I'm sure you have google or Wikipedia where you can educate yourself. smiley

1 Like

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

Bill Gate is not an atheist . But is Se.un on the same level with Linda Ikeji ? wink . Se.un is an atheist and Linda Ikeji is a christian though .

By the way Bill Gate is no longer the richest man in the world , Amancio Ortega - a catholic - owner a Zara is the world's richest man .
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

Haha no sweetheart. The UAE is not the most religious country in the world. Why are you here arguing with me when you can just google it.

Anyways. I shan't argue. I'm sure you have google or Wikipedia where you can educate yourself. smiley

You just claimed that 94 percent of China are atheists and I'm the one who should educate myself ?

Its obvious you confuse yourself with the diversity of religion in a country and being very religious or being identified as religious

grin grin grin
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by lepasharon(f): 5:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

prove it
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by lepasharon(f): 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

grin Linda Ikeji you know
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Bill Gate is not an atheist . But is Se.un on the same level with Linda Ikeji ? wink . Se.un is an atheist and Linda Ikeji is a christian though .

By the way Bill Gate is no longer the richest man in the world , Amancio Ortega - a catholic - owner a Zara is the world's richest man .

Lol bill gates is an atheist. And I know he's not the richest. Athiest agnostic. Dibble dabble. The richest guy isn't very religious himself. I used bill gates cause he's well known.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

The UAE, Rome and all those countries make billions on their claim to be religious but they aren't at all. I kid you not Nigeria is a lot more religious than Rome claims to be. Or even Dubai or any of those countries.

Rome and Dubai are not countries . Muslims take their religion more seriously than Christians . Russia is overly religious in case you don't know - do you know what Homosexuals go through there ? The members of the UK parliament and Royalty adhere to Christianity religiously . And can an atheist rule America ? America holds a National Prayer Day cool and Thanksgiving has religious roots too .

Poverty is actually more prevalent in areas were less significant religions are practiced .
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You just claimed that 94 percent of China are atheists and I'm the one who should educate myself ?

Its obvious you confuse yourself with the diversity of religion in a country and being very religious or being identified as religious

grin grin grin

Oh I apologise if it's less than that. But it doesn't invalidate my point.

Sigh.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Rome and Dubai are not countries . Muslims take their religion more seriously than Christians . Russia is overly religious in case you don't know - do you know what Homosexuals go through there ? The members of the UK parliament and Royalty adhere to Christianity religiously . And can an atheist rule America ? America holds a National Prayer Day cool and Thanksgiving has religious roots too .

Poverty is actually more prevalent in areas were less significant religions are practiced .

Hahahaha please. I'm Muslim. Dubai isn't as religious as people think. I travel. ALOT. Hahaha the uk are religious. Please tell me you're joking ? Please. That's a joke. That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. You definitely have never stepped foot in the UK.

You do realise. Gay marriage is accepted in america and in Ireland and in the uk.

And being an American. Thanksgiving has nothing to do with God and everything to do with seeing family and food. It may have began as a God thing. But it's not. At all.

2 Likes

Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

Hahahaha please. I'm Muslim. Dubai isn't as religious as people think. I travel. ALOT. Hahaha the uk are religious. Please tell me you're joking ? Please. That's a joke. That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. You definitely have never stepped foot in the UK.

You do realise. Gay marriage is accepted in america and in Ireland and in the uk.

And being an American. Thanksgiving has nothing to do with God and everything to do with seeing family and food. It may have began as a God thing. But it's not. At all.

Do I need to visit France or a francophone country to learn French ? The UK is a strong Christian country . I visit their tabloids like there is no tomorrow . Plus you seem not to understand what having religious roots mean ? SMH . THANKSGIVING HAS BOTH RELIGIOUS and CULTURAL ROOTS . Why the hell is it called THANKSGIVING ? grin .

Yeah and there are gay christian brothers who preach the gospel in these countries grin .
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

Oh I apologise if it's less than that. But it doesn't invalidate my point.

Sigh.

Here is the truth about "atheism" in China --- https://www.quora.com/Why-are-most-of-the-people-atheist-in-China
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Do I need to visit France or a francophone country to learn French ? The UK is a strong Christian country . I visit their tabloids like there is no tomorrow . Plus you seem not to understand what having religious roots mean ? SMH . THANKSGIVING HAS BOTH RELIGIOUS and CULTURAL ROOTS . Why the hell is it called THANKSGIVING ? grin .

Yeah and there are gay christian brothers who preach the gospel in these countries grin .

Lol no. But you'll need to go to France to learn and experience French culture. Because French tabloids don't tell you how incredibly racist they are in France. Nor will English tabloids tell you how the English are fighting so david Cameron doesn't invade Syria. Not every country is like nigeria where all they advertise the bad things. You'd actually have to go there to see.

Lol thanksgiving has as much religious roots as christmas and the Easter bunny. Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks. But no one thinks about that. We all think about meeting family and having turkey.

Oh. That's very religious of the U.K. Allowing the things that it's religion doesn't preach. Please. Talk to the people who actually have been or live in the uk. It's not that religious at all.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

Lol no. But you'll need to go to France to learn and experience French culture. Because French tabloids don't tell you how incredibly racist they are in France. Nor will English tabloids tell you how the English are fighting so david Cameron doesn't invade Syria. Not every country is like nigeria where all they advertise the bad things. You'd actually have to go there to see.

You mean the British Muslims and Syrian refugees ? Putin just launched missiles from a submarine the other day and promised more daring missile strike in a bid to end ISIS and was heavily praised by the native Britons .

Lol thanksgiving has as much religious roots as christmas and the Easter bunny. Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks. But no one thinks about that. We all think about meeting family and having turkey.

grin . Remember the prayers which were offered before turkey time

Oh. That's very religious of the U.K. Allowing the things that it's religion doesn't preach. Please. Talk to the people who actually have been or live in the uk. It's not that religious at all.

I had a British room mate in my 100 level . A Briton who is also of Nigerian descent - lived all his whole life there . And yes I have somewhat knowledge of life in the UK
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You mean the British Muslims and Syrian refugees . Putin just launched missiles from a submarine the other day and promised more daring missile strike in a bid to end ISIS and was heavily praised by the Britons .

grin . Remember the prayers which were offered before turkey time

I had a British room mate in my 100 level . A Briton who is also of Nigerian descent - lived all his whole life there . And yes I have somewhat knowledge of life in the UK

No I mean normal British people. Oh yeah you haven't been to Britain. You aren't British. You wouldn't know! You really think they put everything on tabloids. Are you actually for real?

Oh yes. Thank you Lord for this delicious meal Aunt Michelle has put before us. Hope this year she finds a husband. Yeah. That is so religious. If that's your definition of being religious. Then the occasional I pray I don't fail my exams every atheist does is also religious.

Yeah and I'm sure they tell you how to the average British, religion is going to mass once a blue moon and listening to the local gossip. Then blessing yourself and leaving smiley.
Re: plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
YourMain:

No I mean normal British people. Oh yeah you haven't been to Britain. You aren't British. You wouldn't know! You really think they put everything on tabloids. Are you actually for real?

Wow ! No need for BBC and CNN or any other international media outlet then . I wonder why you are obdurate ( obvious you are ) about one obtaining proper information about from a MEDIA OUTLET . There is also the comment section for you to know the reaction of people towards a particular situation .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church / Who Told You That You Were Naked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.