Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,035 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Some Misconception About Warri And Her People - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Misconception About Warri And Her People (38177 Views)

Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls / Why Did Africans Sell her People? / A MUST READ: Misconception About Tiv Hospitality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Engineer123(m): 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
Good write up.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by DGD1(m): 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
wonderful set of people
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikigen(m): 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
cheesy
spotted!
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Temix(m): 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
Some people just enjoying spewing rubbish, you were doing well until u mentioned the first class ruler of the entire iwereland as Olu of itsekiri, have u ever heard of any king known as the king of so so tribe or the king of a place, Oba of Benin, Ooni of Ife, Emir of sokoto, kindly always refer to His Royal Majesty as the Olu of Warri.

PLEASE BE GUIDED, ENDTIME DULLARD!! @OP

6 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mascot87(m): 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
Warri no dey carry last :This is the greatest scam of the century. Which Warri no dey carry last? You no know how many Warri people I don clear go relegation? Bros no try me o, i dey vex o angry

2 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
wink
mikigen:
spotted!
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by jasysandra(f): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
Warri is just a place to be.

A place where even a Kid can teach you a life lesson.

AREA!!!!!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by lekwas: 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Great write up. Good and educative information.
Well done OP.
#IRepWaffi
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Temix:
Some people just enjoying spewing rubbish, you were doing well until u mentioned the first class ruler of the entire iwereland as Olu of itsekiri, have u ever heard of any king known as the king of so so tribe or the king of a place, Oba of Benin, Ooni of Ife, Emir of sokoto, kindly always refer to His Royal Majesty as the Olu of Warri.

asamaigho:

may God forgive d op ignorance or beta still "misguided" info.
warripekin:

My brother no mind am. Na asawana boy or uhrobo boy. this guy they make me laugh, who be pere of gbaramatu kingdom when did that monarchy start. Orosuen of okere uhrobo (smh) , a position given to idimi sobo people by james ibori to quench okumagba greed down. If ijaws own part of warri, even warri south west lga, howcome dey buy land in other to build houses. Abego rewrite ur article e no work. Warri belongs to tsekiri people and u dont have to agree with me. Be it warri north, warri south or warri south west, na we get am. We may have a few uhrobo people in warri south lga, like agbassa, edgeba or idimisobo people but it doesnt count.

Make una still wise small na. Why una de fall our hand for public forum like this?

The Olu of Warri rules over Itsekiri land in Warri! The title is an old story. Everyone knows it was formerly Olu of Itsekiri until 1952. (Abi I de lie?). In anyways, Urhobos and Ijaws have made peace with this. However, facts remain sacrosanct. If you dont like this, go and write your own thread!
Dont unearth sentiments that cant be settled here. Please enjoy this thread and retract your insult on the Op and let it be! The monarch is the Olu of Warri and that has been gazetted. What more do you want, harbingers of discontent. angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by lekwas: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Great write up. Educative information.
Well done op.
#IRepWaffi
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by flexingPAPA: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
goodboiyy your teeth complete, and your head stand for your neck... but y e be say we all dey claim warri self.. even guys from sapele, ugh, etc.... no worry sha, I know y..

2 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mascot87(m): 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
jasysandra:
Warri is just a place to be.

A place where even a Kid can teach you a life lesson.

AREA!!!!!!! grin

Make una dey deceive una self. You think say I resemble one gullible mala wey una dey use Warri no dey carry last dey deceive? If them born any Warri boy or girl make them try me. I go show them Wetin I dey always show them.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
martineverest:
1 -5 are all true.... Warri is owned by itsekiri; itsekiri is a mixture of Yoruba and bini culture(more pig bini culture, which is the major difference btw get an ilaje); itsekiri, urhobo and ijaw are worst of enemies(just like Benin and ishans in Edo state;ebira and igalla;tiv and idoma); Warri and Benin are contesting for king of ruggedness and Warri is still underdeveloped

Please do not become an ambassador of war and discontent. The various tribes living in Warri metropolis have been enjoying a relative measure of peace. Saying otherwise will amount to being a forerunner of warlitude.

Itsekiris, Urhobos and Ijaws have been neighbours for centuries. Although they may have their various differences and reservations, as with every other group in Nigeria, they have intermarried, intertwined, ate together, danced together, jollied together and still do! So shall it remain!

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by TortugaPrince: 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
goldenceo1:
Warri pple are very brilliant. pple tend to luk at d oda part of us which have bad publicity.

#TeamWarri

Yes I can see from your writing that Warri people are very brilliant. Your spelling, your tenses, very brilliant.

3 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by asamaigho(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
Temix:

may God forgive d op ignorance or beta still "misguided" info.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
TortugaPrince:

Yes I can see from your writing that Warri people are very brilliant. Your spelling, your tenses, very brilliant.

I do hope you are not being sarcastic. undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Springz(f): 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
Story.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by jasysandra(f): 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
mascot87:

Make una dey deceive una self. You think say I resemble one gullible mala wey una dey use Warri no dey carry last dey deceive? If them born any Warri boy or girl make them try me. I go show them Wetin I dey always show them.
We get medicine wey go cure your kind of madness for Waffi cool
Show body!!!

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by uwa244(m): 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
Gbam! Damn right. Shouting from the heart of WAFFI. i hail all the bog names in da house.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by flexingPAPA: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
Temix:

where u, e never reach to dey insult person nah.. abi u no wise. oya apologies...
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mascot87(m): 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
jasysandra:

We get medicine wey go cure your kind of madness for Waffi cool
Show body!!!
Bae, na on top bed me & u go settle matter. After 7 rounds, u go know say na Warri get last self
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
mascot87:

This guy nor wise at all. So na Chenkess u wan follow yarn Opata with for here. Nor worry, na wheelbarrow we go take push u commot this thread.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by whiteroses(f): 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
i used to think their women has a natural attitude to challenge and fight people even if they dont know you LOL cos one day i was late to a party and apologized to my friend, one warri stranger just said this one done pass fashionably late excuse me who are you ? then imagine on another occasion i asked a friend if she changed her foundation? a warri lady on looking just said why did you ask? I was bewildered thinking who is this and why are you interfering in my conversation? they must be really backward in warri and can't mind their business, I said to myself grin but thanks for clearing things up.

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
flexingPAPA:
where u, e never reach to dey insult person nah.. abi u no wise. oya apologies...

Forget that ekpa marras abeg. Who e help?
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by 99foxxy(f): 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
cheesy[color=#990000][/color] true talk
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by warripekin(m): 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
Temix:

My brother no mind am. Na asawana boy or uhrobo boy. this guy they make me laugh, who be pere of gbaramatu kingdom when did that monarchy start. Orosuen of okere uhrobo (smh) , a position given to idimi sobo people by james ibori to quench okumagba greed down. If ijaws own part of warri, even warri south west lga, howcome dey buy land in other to build houses. Abego rewrite ur article e no work. Warri belongs to tsekiri people and u dont have to agree with me. Be it warri north, warri south or warri south west, na we get am. We may have a few uhrobo people in warri south lga, like agbassa, edgeba or idimisobo people but it doesnt count.

2 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Bigvirus: 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
Num 10. Point of correction. "Jakpa" is not in warri, rather it is in effurun(uvwie LGA)
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
asamaigho:
d op is a big joke,...d gbaramatu u mentioned is in warri southwest and which ofcos has no boundry with d city of warri. so stop misleading d public.
warri city doesnot belong to any three ethnic group.
let me ask d ignorant op,to mention any ijaw settlement(village or town) in warri....

i just hope he wont mention (npa waterside) cos that will further his expose his lack of knowledge.

Where you perm for there.

Why will you come online, as old as you are, and start unearthing funny things. Una never tire for matters? Nawao!

We don agree, na una get warri. As far as say, una nor claim our land and our king, do wetin una wan do.
Meanwhile, who the Olu title help? undecided
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
whiteroses:
i dated a warri guy and i will say thanks for clearing things up cos in my mind when i see one i run, he was quick to anger.
Even their women has a natural attitude to challenge and fight people even if they dont know you LOL imagine i asked a friend if she changed her foundation? a warri lady on looking just said why did you ask? I was bewildered thinking who is this and why are you interfering in my conversation? they must be really backward in warri and can't mind their business, I said to myself grin but thanks for clearing things up.

This scenario can happen with ANYBODY ANYWHERE! I have seen worse people in various other cities I've travelled to. It is not unique to Waffarians. So correct that impression sharp sharp.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by asamaigho(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
d op is a big joke,...d gbaramatu u mentioned is in warri southwest and which ofcos has no boundry with d city of warri. so stop misleading d public.
warri city doesnot belong to any three ethnic group.
let me ask d ignorant op,to mention any ijaw settlement(village or town) in warri....

i just hope he wont mention (npa waterside) cos that will further his expose his lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by whiteroses(f): 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
whiteroses:
i used to think their women has a natural attitude to challenge and fight people even if they dont know you LOL cos one day i was late to a party and apologized to my friend, one warri stranger just said this one done pass fashionably late excuse me who are you ? then imagine on another occasion i asked a friend if she changed her foundation? a warri lady on looking just said why did you ask? I was bewildered thinking who is this and why are you interfering in my conversation? they must be really backward in warri and can't mind their business, I said to myself grin but thanks for clearing things up.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by ccollins(m): 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
guadri1:
kk
bros this thing real. please add me to your group, are you on Facebook??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Itsekiris. / Queen Ajoke Adeyemi's 30th Birthday Party Photos / Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.