Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Some Misconception About Warri And Her People - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Misconception About Warri And Her People (38185 Views)

Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls / Why Did Africans Sell her People? / A MUST READ: Misconception About Tiv Hospitality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikron(m): 11:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
martineverest:
1 -5 are all true.... Warri is owned by itsekiri; itsekiri is a mixture of Yoruba and bini culture(more of bini culture, which is the major difference btw get an ilaje); itsekiri, urhobo and ijaw are worst of enemies(just like Benin and ishans in Edo state;ebira and igalla;tiv and idoma); Warri and Benin are contesting for king of ruggedness and Warri is begging for development
and who told u warri is owned by the itsekiris? Says who?
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikron(m): 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
Haaaaa izonnn, proudly izon. We rock

2 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Kirigidi:
D fact is dat, many of d establishments which make d name of Warri very popular in Nigeria ar actualy located outside Warri main City. They ar sited mainly in d Urhobo LGAs of Uvwie, Udu nd Okpe. E.g, Warri Refinery in Ekpan(Uvwie), Petroleum Training Institute in Effurun(Uvwie), Federal University of Petroleum Resources in Effurun(Uvwie), Nigerian Army Barracks in Effurun(Uvwie), Nigerian Airforce Barracks in Effurun(Uvwie), NNPC Housing Estate in Ekpan(Uvwie), PPMC Depot in Ekpan(Uvwie), Nigeria Gas Company (Uvwie/Warri South), Delta Shopping Mall/Shoprite in Effurun(Uvwie), Enerhen Junction (Uvwie), Osubi Airport (Okpe), Delta Steel Company in Aladja(Udu) Itakpe-Warri railway Terminus (Udu), etc. Also, many of d oil nd gas companies dat earned Warri d title of "Oil City" ar sited outside d city.
you talk sense, Abeg text me ur numb, u deserve recharge card.

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by myners007: 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
fratermathy:

Make una still wise small na. Why una de fall our hand for public forum like this?

The Olu of Warri rules over Itsekiri land in Warri! The title is an old story. Everyone knows it was formerly Olu of Itsekiri until 1952. (Abi I de lie?). In anyways, Urhobos and Ijaws have made peace with this. However, facts remain sacrosanct. If you dont like this, go and write your own thread!
Dont unearth sentiments that cant be settled here. Please enjoy this thread and retract your insult on the Op and let it be! The monarch is the Olu of Warri and that has been gazetted. What more do you want, harbingers of discontent. angry undecided
The Itsekiris are d most sentimentally retarded ethnic group in Naija. They are proud yet they contribute nuttin meaningfully to Nigeria Development.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
prothelley:

Yea bro.....mennnn I jor miss warri die.....I plan d Christmas b4 buh bubu nor le fuel de ground.. Shoooo, everywhere na complain, men jor de vex, everybody blood de hot.

My sist de Orhuwhorun road by Visa street...

Warri na highest abeg. Mu una gist me new level, new slangs, incase I show area ma anor match line.....I hear say okowa don stop free maternal care? Wit e heavy lip.....e jor de miscafon
Oniovo be like u 1 sleep nw.. make I follow u.. incase u enter warri abeg alert me.. Make I see this pretty Lady. abi u don marry ? grin
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by gevans(m): 11:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
AREA, i won beg UNA well well for one thing, I beg make una forget abt tribal or ethnic mata, today if u get money u fit buy land build house any where, d peace wen e dey Warri now I like am well well, I no want any to come scatter am, now, new new companies dey come, u no like am, my Urhobo, Itsekiri n Ijaw brothers make una kpruooo n talk abt d better side of Warri so that gud gud things go dey come. EHEMMM, okowa say them don abandon Warri BRT O, hw una see am?
Warri for life!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
myners007:
The Itsekiris are d most sentimentally retarded ethnic group in Naija. They are proud yet they contribute nuttin meaningfully to Nigeria Development.

this type of comment is not accepted by me ... did I hear u say they contribute nothing to naija development ?.. Keep dreaming...

Dont mind most commentators here, They don't represent the mind of itsekiri, As itsekiri's re peace loving people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 11:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
gevans:
AREA, i won beg UNA well well for one thing, I beg make una forget abt tribal or ethnic mata, today if u get money u fit buy land build house any where, d peace wen e dey Warri now I like am well well, I no want any to come scatter am, now, new new companies dey come, u no like am, my Urhobo, Itsekiri n Ijaw brothers make una kpruooo n talk abt d better side of Warri so that gud gud things go dey come. EHEMMM, okowa say them don abandon Warri BRT O, hw una see am?
Warri for life!!!

Forget that Okowa with him mouth wey be like kpukpuyeke yansh. He nor get single plan for Asaba, not to talk of Warri sef.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
gevans:
Warri for life!!!

Brother I don they create awareness for NL since oo.. Let's shun tribal sentiment.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 11:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
myners007:

Not all though. We still have some detribalised Itsekiris; Goodboiyy is a case in point. Itsekiris have contributed meaningfully to Nigeria in various ways. Nigeria's first Minister of Finance was an Itsekiri man. Itsekiris produce our collective wealth, they are intelligent and have a large output of Professors, lawyers and medical doctors.

Nonetheless, some Itsekiris who have not made any single achievement in their lives cling on to vain issues such as the Olu debacle or Who owns Warri when their mates are making waves all over the country. I pity for those ones! Let them know that Itsekiri is a very small tribe and the bad eggs can easily be spotted out!

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
fratermathy:

Forget that Okowa with him mouth wey be like kpukpuyeke yansh. He nor get single plan for Asaba, not to talk of Warri sef.

una never see anything.. nor b una vote for PDP ?

Men kid full NL well well o.. see the way them they comment
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
moscobabs:

Warri.. the worst place in nija .... Dec 27 2012 will never be erased in my memory A colleague left office to deposit 10million naira with his car and was killed by Warri guys at enehre junction . same 2012 I was robbed at Winas club at Akpan .

I nearly lost my life at PTI effurun from Warri guys same year before I work my transfer out of the jungle.

I will never visit Warri again in my life
so sorry abt that, but it not a reason to run away, cos the hoodlums & gangs will recognize you for being their favorite collector. they might pass u by, because they stolen much from u. they still have pity sometimes, but be aware, where you're right there. you're still not safe, because there's no safe haven anywhere. you don't pray anyway. will pray here in Warri to push out troubles and problems, that's how we're safe. good night anyway!!
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
DaGC:

Jakpa is part of a metropolitan Warri. Its Uvwie.
As for the teenagers, I've learnt not to too get involved. One f**l even said Osubi people abi airport pay homage to the Olu.

The simple truth is that the title is cosmetic. His powers are limited. Even during the mourning period, Okere that is just close to the palace was still flexing on a regular while Itsekiris were forbidden to do so. Why didn't these teenagers say Okere kingdom is not part of Warri and that's why the people didn't follow the directive? undecided

Sentiments aside, the Olu has no power over the people of Okere, Ogbe-Ijaw, Agbassa, Okumagba, Polokor, Igbudu, Edjeba etc and these are all communities in Warri. Infact there are many more communities sef. He wasn't even buried in Warri.

Bottomline, yes the title says Warri, but his powers are limited to the itsekiri nation. Anybody believing otherwise is just being up to mischief.

God bless u. Olu rulership does not extend to Urhobo land.. and Warri is nt owned by itsekiri alone
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
prothelley:
Abeg I won sleep make I fit wake on time go hustle. God bless n keep warri as one. To all d brothelly wey comment una try buh d ekpan fly wey misyarn.....I de watch u.

Tode......

my baby good9th Jor.. abeg dream of us for waffi oo
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by gevans(m): 12:00am On Dec 09, 2015
moscobabs:

I disagree with u bro. I did my transfer to Benin city in fact Benin is 100% peaceful than Warri , we go out any time in Benin coming late without any problem even the cost of living is Benin is cheaper than Ibadan unlike Warri that the minimum fare to take bike is 200 naira
Bro!!! It seems that u were not cautious enough, it may be dat, one of ur guys set u up, on expensive guds n services, wat do u expect in an oil city, their goods n services may b more expensive than Benin, check other major oil producing state it's same, sorry for rough time u had in my home (Warri city)., try to visit Warri again u will enjoy it.
Warri for life
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by gevans(m): 12:11am On Dec 09, 2015
fratermathy:

Area, d Bros don create Delta State Capital Territory Development Agency, d office dey anwai Rd for his former campaign office. He get plan for Asaba. We pray make he reason Warri too
Warri for life!!!
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 09, 2015
mikron:
Haaaaa izonnn, proudly izon. We rock

God bless the Ijaw nation jare
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 09, 2015
gevans:

Area, d Bros don create Delta State Capital Territory Development Agency, d office dey anwai Rd for his former campaign office. He get plan for Asaba. We pray make he reason Warri too
Warri for life!!!

wenti concern us concern Okowa ?. mtcheww .. If e like make e nor reason warri. our land is blessed with milk and honey.. we re the best, We re the Gold in Delta, God bless The Big 3's jor
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 12:20am On Dec 09, 2015
gevans:

Warri for life!!!

Chairman, nor let that grammar burst ur bubble o. That thing na bank to collect money. If u doubt, check the chairman and e record. Okowa na scam. I hear say he go worse pass Uduaghan if time is not taken.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by goldenceo1: 12:24am On Dec 09, 2015
Blyzz:
you talk as if you installed Oxford 9 edition on ur brain. you must be brilliant oh??

Nope
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Iskra: 1:42am On Dec 09, 2015
Nice post.

Meanwhile if you require expertise in engineering systems high fidelity modelling of either, electrical, mechanical, thermodynamic, hydraulic or mixed and hybrid systems please contact 08066765589. If you also need design of automatic control systems e.g. robots, software driven systems, I am available.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Joe82834(m): 1:57am On Dec 09, 2015
prothelley:
Mennn u just burst my skellyyy. Brosss I hail. As u jor de mention d town ehnnnn, my temperature de increase.
One thing pipo nor know b say everywhere na warri for delta state. I remember da yr popsi still ge bunk for Jakpa road near Edulyn school. Menn warri remain d highest.
I gat to run back Eket make e for nor loss. Na NUMA MATERNITY HOME near Igbudu, na dere dem burn me. I enjoin warri die buh I gat to move bunk.
How area b na? E don reach like 3yrs I move. I hear say shoprite don de round about side.

In d days of Ogbe primary school.....kulikuli and ojukwu finger. Mennn.

I remembered staying at Hotel De mark area, jakpa road, ekpan, Karien, ejamudaro, cinema site. I schooled at Our lady's high school, Okugbe primary sch at Ekpan.

I last stayed at Jeddo before moving to Eket. Life for warri na hustling things. Everybody wan meet up. Menn d Christmas sha..... I de misssss die

Hmmmmm. Numa maternity (same as myself) , karien (lived at ojabugbe n am sure u knw ejiyere, eyesan, dederu, omode, oleh,soworuvwe), ejemudaro (maduku, osamede, ovierugo), okugbe pri schl (used to play Saturday football there) .gud memories but like u said hussle had to make guys move, no dulling.

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by scholes0(m): 2:36am On Dec 09, 2015
Smh!!

2 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by moscobabs(m): 5:53am On Dec 09, 2015
gevans:

Bros, crime is not peculiar with only Warri, it happens in every cities in Nigeria, I think maybe one of d guy's friends leak out his secret to bad boys, by GOD'S grace I hv never been robbed in Warri, since I was born til just now, wen u r in busy cities u gat to shine ur eyes like never b4, Warri wil b peaceful to u if u want it so or d other way round if u choose so. Warri for life!!!
thanks bro..... u seems to be a nice Warri guy
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by philips70(m): 7:20am On Dec 09, 2015
fratermathy:

Make una still wise small na. Why una de fall our hand for public forum like this?

The Olu of Warri rules over Itsekiri land in Warri! The title is an old story. Everyone knows it was formerly Olu of Itsekiri until 1952. (Abi I de lie?). In anyways, Urhobos and Ijaws have made peace with this. However, facts remain sacrosanct. If you dont like this, go and write your own thread!
Dont unearth sentiments that cant be settled here. Please enjoy this thread and retract your insult on the Op and let it be! The monarch is the Olu of Warri and that has been gazetted. What more do you want, harbingers of discontent. angry undecided

Just ask him when was the last time the Olu visited Agbarha(Agbassa), Iyara, Igbudu, Edjeba etc as part of the territory he rules over. Meanwhile tell the op airport road up till Aunty Rose in Ugboroke is non arguably Uvwie LG.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by philips70(m): 7:25am On Dec 09, 2015
fratermathy:

Chairman, nor let that grammar burst ur bubble o. That thing na bank to collect money. If u doubt, check the chairman and e record. Okowa na scam. I hear say he go worse pass Uduaghan if time is not taken.

He might not be worse but the saddest thing is the same empire of corruption in Delta state is still in charge. The godfather still rules from his small room in the UK. Delta state needs liberation.

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by escobar07(m): 7:29am On Dec 09, 2015
The ilajes that are related to you are actually a Yoruba subgroup.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by preciousMI1(f): 8:10am On Dec 09, 2015
FruityLass:
Warri warri

cheesy
Their father!
Their biological Dad
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by buJu234: 8:48am On Dec 09, 2015
nice one; guy...

i still remember growing up in Okumagba layout; going to gbado (ighogbado pry school) field to play ball; attending Olodi pry school B warri; then attended Essi college...; remember going to Colle then inside Hussy college to go and do some Jacobian work ( i mean reading). but left the city for University..

and since then havent really returned back expect Occasional visit. grin grin grin
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 09, 2015
preciousMI1:

Their biological Dad
Blyzz:
so sorry abt that, but it not a reason to run away, cos the hoodlums & gangs will recognize you for being their favorite collector. they might pass u by, because they stolen much from u. they still have pity sometimes, but be aware, where you're right there. you're still not safe, because there's no safe haven anywhere. you don't pray anyway. we pray here in Warri to push out troubles and problems, that's how we're safe. good night anyway!!
preciousMI1:

Their biological Dad
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Drikojigzy(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2015
OK . .

am a waffarian but based in Lagos..

I no plan enter warri dis Xmas b4 but after

.reading this post

omoboi

next week we nat pass me buy.....

for doz we're tink say I no sabi spik engrish

I sentence for dem

#Who They Help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Itsekiris. / Queen Ajoke Adeyemi's 30th Birthday Party Photos / Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.