Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Some Misconception About Warri And Her People - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Misconception About Warri And Her People (38188 Views)

Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls / Why Did Africans Sell her People? / A MUST READ: Misconception About Tiv Hospitality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Drikojigzy(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2015
OK . .

am a waffarian but based in Lagos..

I no plan enter warri dis Xmas b4 but after

.reading this post

omoboi

next week we nat pass me buy.....

for doz we're tink say I no sabi spik engrish

I sentence for dem

#Who They Help
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Carlmax(m): 10:03am On Dec 09, 2015
Temix:
Some people just enjoying spewing rubbish, you were doing well until u mentioned the first class ruler of the entire iwereland as Olu of itsekiri, have u ever heard of any king known as the king of so so tribe or the king of a place, Oba of Benin, Ooni of Ife, Emir of sokoto, kindly always refer to His Royal Majesty as the Olu of Warri.

PLEASE BE GUIDED, ENDTIME DULLARD!! @OP

Attah of Igala, Etsu Nupe, Orodje of Okpe (king of all okpe people), Och' Idoma, Olu of Ishekire. So you are not ashame, claiming a title given by a mere politician (Awolowo), IMHO the "Olu of Ishekire" holds more respect because that shows he is the king of the entire Ishekire nation and not just the small bit of Warri metropolis they occupy.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2015
prothelley:
Mennn u just burst my skellyyy. Brosss I hail. As u jor de mention d town ehnnnn, my temperature de increase.
One thing pipo nor know b say everywhere na warri for delta state. I remember da yr popsi still ge bunk for Jakpa road near Edulyn school. Menn warri remain d highest.
I gat to run back Eket make e for nor loss. Na NUMA MATERNITY HOME near Igbudu, na dere dem burn me. I enjoin warri die buh I gat to move bunk.
How area b na? E don reach like 3yrs I move. I hear say shoprite don de round about side.

In d days of Ogbe primary school.....kulikuli and ojukwu finger. Mennn.

I remembered staying at Hotel De mark area, jakpa road, ekpan, Karien, ejamudaro, cinema site. I schooled at Our lady's high school, Okugbe primary sch at Ekpan.

I last stayed at Jeddo before moving to Eket. Life for warri na hustling things. Everybody wan meet up. Menn d Christmas sha..... I de misssss die

So u de Eket like this so? Me de Uyo sha. Based on. I go enter Eket one of these days anyway. Akwa-Ibom Ayaya!
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mascot87(m): 10:49am On Dec 09, 2015
jasysandra:

Guy Kponkpi sad

Just seven rounds
Come Warri make smalli teach you how we roll.

By the time i handle you ehn, you go dey shout say the thing wan commot for your throat. Mine no be all those 1min smalli wey u dey beat chest for
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikron(m): 10:58am On Dec 09, 2015
Goodboiyy:

God bless the Ijaw nation jare
we re blessed, God ll continue to bless the naija deltans
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fejikudz(m): 11:04am On Dec 09, 2015
Goodboiyy:

5. Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ijaw Hates themselves; We usually Hear such Word from Non Niger Deltans who try to use Warri crisis to gain cheap point. You hear statement like " Niger Deltans re not One" "Ijaw hates Itsekiri" e.t.c but I tell you, All are lies, Itsekiri luv ijo , Ijo luv Urhobo Warri crisis is political

Bros, GOD BLESS YOU for this point abeg..
My folks for benin, ph and lag go dey always yarn this talk say urhobo ijaw and itsekiri hate themselves because of that warri crisis ishh.. I dey always tell dem say nobody get that rubbish time now!!!

I go show dem this thread..

And E belike say i go invite dem come warri anytime itsekiri people dey do their feast

You make another good point for number 8 & 10 again..
Nice thread
kpoko for you
Your teeth complete

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by myners007: 11:16am On Dec 09, 2015
fratermathy:

Not all though. We still have some detribalised Itsekiris; Goodboiyy is a case in point. Itsekiris have contributed meaningfully to Nigeria in various ways. Nigeria's first Minister of Finance was an Itsekiri man. Itsekiris produce our collective wealth, they are intelligent and have a large output of Professors, lawyers and medical doctors.

Nonetheless, some Itsekiris who have not made any single achievement in their lives cling on to vain issues such as the Olu debacle or Who owns Warri when their mates are making waves all over the country. I pity for those ones! Let them know that Itsekiri is a very small tribe and the bad eggs can easily be spotted out!

You are on point

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by myners007: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2015
Goodboiyy:

this type of comment is not accepted by me ... did I hear u say they contribute nothing to naija development ?.. Keep dreaming...

Dont mind most commentators here, They don't represent the mind of itsekiri, As itsekiri's re peace loving people
U are Right to some degree but the Itsekiri's claimed to be superior to other ethnic groups around them when they have not produce enough technocrats, professional and even academicians compared to that of the other nieghbouring ethnicities
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
Oh boy le,your teeth complete.You noh get ebeke at all,infact this harmattan noh design your lips at all.

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by arstot(m): 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
I pity u.... I no b one man mopol fa.... Bt if u see one for lagos wey come dat warri him go just beg u say make u no kill am. If u come hear d begging nko, na him b say u no go watch d return leg. So get dt i no talk say i b one of dos lagos guy
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by arstot(m): 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
And u d zigbozigbo guy, hr get one level as a lagos guy we u go hust maintain wey b say warri pple go dey look at u from afar dey fear u... Ode itsekiri ko, ijebu ode ni
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by arstot(m): 2:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
Na comedians dey put una for limelight... Una no fit withtand of person wey come from benin talkless of lagos...... So dont b dilluded
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by prothelley(f): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Oniovo be like u 1 sleep nw.. make I follow u.. incase u enter warri abeg alert me.. Make I see this pretty Lady. abi u don marry ? grin

U wan fall ur hand na o.....u nor wise? Abi u de size me tongue tongue kiss

I don marry o......with 2 shenkess as certificate....
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Pepunis(f): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
Kirigidi:
D fact is dat, many of d establishments which make d name of Warri very popular in Nigeria ar actualy located outside Warri main City. They ar sited mainly in d Urhobo LGAs of Uvwie, Udu nd Okpe. E.g, Warri Refinery in Ekpan(Uvwie), Petroleum Training Institute in Effurun(Uvwie), Federal University of Petroleum Resources in Effurun(Uvwie), Nigerian Army Barracks in Effurun(Uvwie), Nigerian Airforce Barracks in Effurun(Uvwie), NNPC Housing Estate in Ekpan(Uvwie), PPMC Depot in Ekpan(Uvwie), Nigeria Gas Company (Uvwie/Warri South), Delta Shopping Mall/Shoprite in Effurun(Uvwie), Enerhen Junction (Uvwie), Osubi Airport (Okpe), Delta Steel Company in Aladja(Udu) Itakpe-Warri railway Terminus (Udu), etc. Also, many of d oil nd gas companies dat earned Warri d title of "Oil City" ar sited outside d city.
very correct my dear, effurun is the power house there, i rep jakpa,
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by prothelley(f): 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
fratermathy:

So u de Eket like this so? Me de Uyo sha. Based on. I go enter Eket one of these days anyway. Akwa-Ibom Ayaya!

Like dis like dis ehnn u go drop ur deve or I leak ur tyre here........so u de my gran?
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2015
prothelley:

U wan fall ur hand na o.....u nor wise? Abi u de size me tongue tongue kiss

I don marry o......with 2 shenkess as certificate....

Omo sist nor vex.. U know say Toasting is allowed.. even if the lady don marry.. u know as we they run am for area that tym na.. na wa to u oo..abi u don forget .

Meanwhile is ur hobby a deltan
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Armstrong34(m): 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
warri peeps make una calm... ur ruggedity cannot b matched with d almighty AJEGUNLE a.k.a AJ city....make una no carry una crase cum o because Awala boyz full area
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by alaskido(m): 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
WARRI, WARRI, THEIR FATHER, OH NO, THEIR DAD. WARRI NO DEY TAKE LAST. NA MY CITY BE THAT.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by onuwaje(m): 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
Op i must commend you for time But some info must be corrected there

And also i wonder why people must voucher out their hatred towards the itsekiri when ever a thread concerning itsekiri it doesnt preach peace

We cry about terrorism and boko haram and we still practice quiet racism and hate how can we make Nigeria a better place if we continue like this?
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
onuwaje:
Op i must commend you for time But some info must be corrected there

And also i wonder why people must voucher out their hatred towards the itsekiri when ever a thread concerning itsekiri it doesnt preach peace

We cry about terrorism and boko haram and we still practice quiet racism and hate how can we make Nigeria a better place if we continue like this?

You came late.. But welcome.. Never got any evil intention of creating confusion or hatred b/w Urhobo and Itsekiri, I also noticed that wat brought the hate speech was that Olu of warri stuff. next time I'd remove anything that has to do with that, because its a very sensitive issue.. also I never supported any tribe as am fair in my writeup ..

#peace
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by gevans(m): 12:19am On Dec 10, 2015
Armstrong34:
warri peeps make una calm... ur ruggedity cannot b matched with d almighty AJEGUNLE a.k.a AJ city....make una no carry una crase cum o because Awala boyz full area
Omo boy lock up, logosians na noise makers, na smalli for Warri go use them shine, na only mouth dey get, as them dey make noise give them dirty slap them go run lost.
Warri for life!!!
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by evadreams(f): 7:39am On Dec 10, 2015
[quote author=martineverest post=40818520]1 -5 are all true.... Warri is owned by itsekiri; itsekiri is a mixture of Yoruba and bini culture(more of bini culture, which is the major difference btw get an ilaje); itsekiri, urhobo and ijaw are worst of e
nemies(just like Benin and ishans in Edo state;ebira and igalla;tiv and
idoma); Warri and Benin are contesting for king of ruggedness and Warri is begging for development
pls go back to your history class.... people like you will stir up crisis. if not awolowo that oppress other tribes n gave those lands to itsekiri and name ur king as olu of warri... who know una? hope u know say na dis kind talk bring crisis come. u beta keep shut and allow peace to remain.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by LKO(m): 8:31am On Dec 10, 2015
Blyzz:
Warri is a Zone of intelligent folks. gangster people, kolo self you will find them there. am a Warri though, but from Udu. i also live in d rugged town of Udu LGA. Ovwian precisely! but ask me if am a stubborn guy, d answer is no. no matter where you're, you can be of good character if you choose to be. just mind your biz, then you're free. but don't step on anyone toe, cos if u do. sorry oh, all d anger he has reserve for u. he will definitely pour it on you!!

I m an Ovwian guy but live in ekete inland whenever I m in town. Where in Udu are u from?
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by LKO(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2015
Pepunis:
very correct my dear, effurun is the power house there, i rep jakpa,

Are u an Uvwie woman or u just resident in Jakpa?
Uvwie is not only d power house of delta but d London of delta. Shut Uvwie and delta is shut.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by LKO(m): 8:41am On Dec 10, 2015
[quote author=Freemanan post=40815830]Very true...

[right]Warri is all or nothing... And the misconceptions makes her more popular and awed.... Warri is bae and not bad...

VistWarri joor... grin

Na we

Okpara man I sight u. U sef don dey claim warri abi? Lol.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by LKO(m): 8:49am On Dec 10, 2015
fratermathy:

Make una still wise small na. Why una de fall our hand for public forum like this?

The Olu of Warri rules over Itsekiri land in Warri! The title is an old story. Everyone knows it was formerly Olu of Itsekiri until 1952. (Abi I de lie?). In anyways, Urhobos and Ijaws have made peace with this. However, facts remain sacrosanct. If you dont like this, go and write your own thread!
Dont unearth sentiments that cant be settled here. Please enjoy this thread and retract your insult on the Op and let it be! The monarch is the Olu of Warri and that has been gazetted. What more do you want, harbingers of discontent. angry undecided

U seems to have plenty of time. Just ignore them.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by evadreams(f): 8:53am On Dec 10, 2015
santosesq1:
Don't mislead people ok. There can never be 2 kings in a place. Any other king is political. The Olu of Warri is the Only recognize king & a first class king for that matter ? He's from eastern Urhobo ok. The urhobo were sold for slave trade by the Itsekiri it was also Chief Dore-Numa that killed Senator e.k clark father that is the grudge he has that prompted him sponsor the fight against the Itsekiris. They are few but like the Isrealite Gods people. I am paternally Urhobo Maternally Ijaw / Itsekiri therefore Nothing you know more than me ok. Good night
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by LKO(m): 9:01am On Dec 10, 2015
Goodboiyy:
Am disappointed in some of you.. I won't bring my self so low to destroy the unity av been building between Urhobo, Itsekiri and Ijaw.. However I apologize if my No. 8 annoy you.. u all know me

* We all Acknowledge itsekiri king as Olu of Warri, But wat I did was to inform people That his kingship doesn't extend to Urhobo land in warri as Urhobo have there own leader, But Olu Of Warri Remains The most Well known ruler in Warri , if any President wants to visit warri the only King They recognize is Olu of Warri, But our position here is that His kingship do not extend to Urhobo Land

Apt explanation, fair enough. Coming from someone who is partly Urhobo and itsekiri. Take five.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by evadreams(f): 9:01am On Dec 10, 2015
so u know

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by evadreams(f): 9:19am On Dec 10, 2015
more

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 10, 2015
LKO:

I m an Ovwian guy but live in ekete inland whenever I m in town. Where in Udu are u from?
Am from Ughelli, my mama is from Ovwian. i live in Ovwian Town precisely!
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by evadreams(f): 9:33am On Dec 10, 2015
so u know

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Itsekiris. / Queen Ajoke Adeyemi's 30th Birthday Party Photos / Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.