Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ (1481 Views)

Photos: Is This The End Of Prostitution? / Burnt Everything We Shared / Online Prostitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by abasifo(m): 11:59pm On Jun 03, 2009
How we shared prostitution proceeds’

A federal high court presided over by Justice Binta Murtala-Nyako in Lagos was on Monday told how proceeds of prostitution was allegedly shared between an hotel manager, Alhaji Lasbiat Alebiosu and a 16-year-old prostitute, Iyabo Babatunde.

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Traffic in Persons and Other Matters (NAPTIP) has dragged Alebiosu before the court on a ten-count charge which centred on prostitution.

Alebiosu was accused of encouraging teenagers to indulge in prostitution, while using his hotel, Better Life Hotel, Ijora, Lagos, to harbour them.

Testifying before the court, Iyabo said about five men sleep with her on daily basis and each of her customers paid N700, out of which Alhaji collected N200.

“Anytime people come, Alhaji collect N200 and I collect N500. “The customers come to drink in Alhaji’s hotel and after drinking, they will ask for somebody and Alhaji will point at me.

“If I disagree, they will rape me but if I agree, they will pay me N500. Alhaji also sleep with me regularly,” she said.

Iyabo said apart from the money the accused collected from the proceeds of the prostitution, he also collected N300 everyday to settle police officers in the area.

Justice Murtala-Nyako adjourned the matter till June 15.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by RichyBlacK(m): 12:05am On Jun 04, 2009
Ruined lives!

Shame on the Nigerian society that encourages this kind of atrocity!
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Oxone(m): 1:14am On Jun 04, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Ruined lives!

Shame on the Nigerian society that encourages this kind of atrocity!

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by platinumnk(f): 1:22am On Jun 04, 2009
500 naira? shes doing all that for 500 naira? smh
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Oxone(m): 11:25am On Jun 04, 2009
platinumnk:

poverty is so bad that they live on 1 dollar a day sad sad sad sad
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 04, 2009
Many of them don't actually choose to be in such 'professions', they just don't have a choice.

Ever heard of using what you have to get what you want? Well, it's more of a case of using what you have to get what you need.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by sesman(m): 11:44am On Jun 04, 2009
shocked shocked shocked, This is really sad
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by JJYOU: 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2009
Oxone:

poverty is so bad that they live on 1 dollar a day sad sad sad sad
platinumnk:

N500 = $1? where is that?

ibkaye:

Many of them don't actually choose to be in such 'professions', they just don't have a choice.

Ever heard of using what you have to get what you want? Well, it's more of a case of using what you have to get what you need.

sorry i beg to differ. in naija many dont have to. some of them come from well to do families it just pure greed and blantant shamelessness at work. easy money has become a lifestyle for our people.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by biola44: 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2009
WTF! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 04, 2009
JJYOU:

sorry i beg to differ.  in naija many dont have to. some of them come from well to do families it just pure greed and blantant shamelessness at work.  easy money has become a lifestyle for our people.
Yeah, I know, notice I didn't say 'all', some of them do it for purposes based on greed whilst a whole other majority have no choice.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by izeek(m): 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2009
prostitution is just some lazy chicks way of making money.
yeah we know how bad things are right now and all, but are we saying there are no other ways?
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2009
izeek:

prostitution is just some lazy chicks way of making money.
yeah we know how bad things are right now and all, but are we saying there are no other ways?
Not all are lazy undecided
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by waterworks(f): 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2009
can you imagine#? the guy si taking 500 and leaving 200 for the girl who is catually doing the work! wat can she do with that?
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by izeek(m): 2:28pm On Jun 04, 2009
@IB WAT DO U MEAN NOT ALL R LAZY?
THERE'S SOME CHICK IN MAH OFFICE, SHE CLEANS ND ALL.
END OF DAY SHE PAYS HER WAY TRU SKOOL.
U SAYING PROSTITUTION WUD AV BIN BERA FOR HER?
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Oxone(m): 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2009
waterworks:

can you imagine#? the guy si taking 500 and leaving 200 for the girl who is catually doing the work! wat can she do with that?

haba no be wetin happen be that angry angry angry angry angry

i suggest you read the story again jor

izeek:

some are been exploited or forced into it by people who should be looking out for them in the first place angry angry angry angry
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2009
izeek:

We are not just talking about students here, we are talking about prostitutes in general, even still, some students have no choice and get pulled into a life of prostitution due to desperation, for example, let's say a girl is the only chance of her family breaking through poverty, if she at least gets a degree or something, maybe in the near future can get a good job to support her family, she struggled just to get into the uni in the first place, she needs large sums of money to get certain things, even when she looks for a job she is unable to find one and when she eventually does, the boss demands that she sleeps with him in order to keep her 'cleaning' job.

At the end of the day, it's either she refuses and is left jobless then is eventually kicked out of school thus must return back to her poverty stricken home or she sleeps with the boss, obtains the money she needs not WANTS or it may not even be the boss she sleeps with, knowing that there is no other way she turns to a life of prostitution. That is just a scenario, I'm sorry but the girl does not sound lazy to me.

Some of them really don't have a choice, I'm not talking about those who just do it for 'fun' or too get money they don't neccessarily need, look at it from their perspective for once before jumping to your conclusion that they must be lazy.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by izeek(m): 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2009
OXONE,
u right, am not saying that % dnt exist. just simply stating that majority do it outa choice not compulsion.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 04, 2009
izeek:

OXONE,
u right, am not saying that % dnt exist. just simply stating that majority do it outa choice not compulsion.
In your previous statements you said 'ALL' not some, there's a major difference.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Oxone(m): 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2009
ibkaye:

In your previous statements you said 'ALL' not some, there's a major difference.

atleast we agree on something today tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2009
Oxone:

atleast we agree on something today tongue tongue tongue tongue
A sure sign that you are improving in terms of your thinking grin

Ibkaye is always right grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by sistawoman: 2:56pm On Jun 04, 2009
izeek:

OXONE,

I would have to disagree with your majority stance.

IMO I would say most do it because they need to, not because they want to. . . . at least here in America that is what I tend to see.

They start because of a finanical need then they start taking drugs to kill the consious that tells them this is wrong then they get addicted to the drugs and contiune to feed the habit.
It really is sad and most of these girls that we see here are drop outs, run aways or molested children with no education and addicted to drugs so they see no real way out.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by izeek(m): 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2009
fine my mistake.
not all apparently, but somehow i dont see poverty as an excuse to indulge in prostitution.
when times get hard, its away for you to step up and think positive.
there are other things out there girls can do without going into prostitution.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2009
izeek:

fine my mistake.
not all apparently, but somehow i dont see poverty as an excuse to indulge in prostitution.
when times get hard, its away for you to step up and think positive.
there are other things out there girls can do without going into prostitution.
Not arguing with you here, but would you mind giving a few examples?
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Ben13: 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2009
Not a surprise at all.

Worse and worst cases will be found in same ijora if the Agency seriously investigates the matter of prostitution in the area.

The place is no doubt Naija's worst area one would ever see. One can't even differentiate the original inhabitants of the area from the real prostitutes, all the gurls there look like one. An area where female is 90% compared to the male population; and all prostitudes sad

Cheii. . Naija’s Sodom and gommerah!

Even the agency is a suspect to these crimes. This so called Agency might have known Alhaji and his business 4 long and may be Alhaji have not been settling them the way he's been doing to the nearby police station there. so they thought of dragging him to court as a payback.

mehnnn. . . Naija is so corrupt! gawd!!!
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by izeek(m): 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2009
start from the smallest idea,
sales girl,
phone bussiness,
hotel attendant,
cook,
wash lady,
nanny,
look there are loads of things they can do.
just dont want to be productive in the real sense of the word.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Oxone(m): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2009
ibkaye:

A sure sign that you are improving in terms of your thinking grin

Ibkaye is always right  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

take time there or angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Oxone(m): 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2009
izeek:

sales girl,
phone bussiness,
hotel attendant,
cook,
wash lady,
nanny,

you prolly have not seen poverty @ its worst undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

u must think these jobs or capital is plenty out there
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Ben13: 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2009
don't mind the dude. . . these things are not eazy.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2009
izeek:

sales girl,
phone bussiness,
hotel attendant,
cook,
wash lady,
nanny,

Bear in mind, some of these professions do not provide even half of the money these girls need sometimes and when money needs to be paid fast, patience cannot always be relied on.

Bear in mind, it's not always easy to find a job, it's one thing wanting a job, it's also another thing to actually be hired.

Things aren't easy.
Oxone:

take time there or angry angry angry angry angry
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool grin

Haba, I say anything wrong? grin grin grin
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Ben13: 3:17pm On Jun 04, 2009
I still don't prefer prostitution.
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by bblacky(f): 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2009
May God help us, shocked cry
Re: How We Shared Prostitution Proceeds’ by Oxone(m): 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2009
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool grin

Haba, I say anything wrong? grin grin grin

[quote][/quote]
ok o, e be like say u no want us to enjoy this our new found love truce

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice Needed - Wat Shud He Do / Please Can Someone Tell What To Say When We Meet Up? / I Need Quick..................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.