Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage (8185 Views)

“I Stoled Your Heart, I Stoled Your Surname" – Pre-Wedding Photo Goes Wrong / My Neighbour Doesnt Want To Date Anyone Because Of Me! / She doesnt like putting on her pant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Tequilah: 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
Wallade:
What is the reason she wants to keep her father's name in marriage? If the reason is understandable or justifiable to the husband, then the husband should reconsider his position but if her reasons can't be explained, understood, justified and validated by her husband, she can't have her way on that.

Ordinarily, that should be final; period but today's ladies.....

We should read and digest the principles, origin and design of marriage as invented by God in the Bible or Quran. This can help our understanding of marriage, especially recommended for today's women, opinionated wives and unsubmissive wives.

" Guy, she can call herself any name she likes. At the end of the day, only 6 things matter:

1). There is a valid and subsisting marital union between us, as proven by the evidence of the marriage certificate;
2). She shares my bed, takes care of the home and is the mother of my kids;
3). We support each other's dreams, aspirations and endeavours because we are partners for life in this union;
4). She respects me privately and publicly, and does all she can to be the best help meet for me;
5). She sees my family as her own, and showers them with love, respect and care;
6). She protects my name and honour, by comporting herself in a respectable, dignified way etc;

Abeg, if she does all the above and more, she can call herself any name she chooses, as long as she does NOT deny that she is my wife! End of story.."

Well, a wise man shared this thought with me. And he has been married for 35 happy years! cool

2 Likes

Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Mist100: 1:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Tequilah:

" Guy, she can call herself any name she likes. At the end of the day, only 6 things matter:

1). There is a valid and subsisting marital union between us, as proven by the evidence of the marriage certificate;
2). She shares my bed, takes care of the home and is the mother of my kids;
3). We support each other's dreams, aspirations and endeavours because we are partners for life in this union;
4). She respects me privately and publicly, and does all she can to be the best help meet for me;
5). She sees my family as her own, and showers them with love, respect and care;
6). She protects my name and honour, by comporting herself in a respectable, dignified way etc;

Abeg, if she does all the above and more, she can call herself any name she chooses, as long as she does NOT deny that she is my wife! End of story.."

Well, a wise man shared this thought with me. And he has been married for 35 happy years! cool

wise saying...you can publish your change of name here to get started http://korobaonline..com.ng/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Too Many Runz Girls On The Island. / My Bf Said I Shouldn't Visit Nairaland Again / 12 Ways To Know If Your Man Truely Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.