Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage (8457 Views)

“I Stoled Your Heart, I Stoled Your Surname" – Pre-Wedding Photo Goes Wrong / My Neighbour Doesnt Want To Date Anyone Because Of Me! / She doesnt like putting on her pant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Mogenerous(f): 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2015
I see no big deal in her using compound name as I don't intend dropping my surname as well when I eventually get married. Dunno why guys don't like the idea tho
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2015
Lsofdk:

grin i think it was worth it after all. maybe OPs bro thinks she retaining her surname(adding hers to his) means he would do same grin grin b4 opening the thread i was thinking d lady was refusing the guys surname totally
He would do same? how?shocked

Uh..either ways...He's still crazy!
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by allyon(m): 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2015
ILoveToFuCcK:
Please am not a good writer bear with me..Thank you

Ermm where should i start from seff?? undecided undecided

My big bro is currently in this dilemma..
He has a fiance ..They're wedding date has been set already(although they have not started printing the Invitation card)..

Last three weeks he was jokingly playing with his girlfriend(wife to be) when he uttered the statement "Very soon you'll be known as Mrs Adekunle" (not the real name)

Then the girlfriend responded that she wants to keep her surname and add it to the guys surname... that she doesnt want to completely throw away her surname
My bro rejected the idea.. it all started like a joke but now its a big problem

My bro is threatening to call off the marriage just because of this funny issue
The girl is also forming "strong head" claiming she will stand by her decision (NB shes a lawyer by profession grin grin)
Funny enough her mum is also fully behind her(her dad is late)

My brother said its either she sticks with only his surname or He calls off the wedding

My brother loves the girl.. and I know she loves him too
Do you think my brother is being immature with this issue?
Should my brother go on with the wedding or should he Call it off??
No p if she doesnt want to change the name. Then they should agree on seperate financial contribution and accounts in the family
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by fajani(m): 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
Wow this ladies is pretty
saraphina:
your brother or u?but seriously itz no big deal sha.
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by allyon(m): 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2015
JustHere2Observ:

Your brother is not ready to marry if he cannot compromise. For one their children will not use the compound name but his own.
Threatening to call off the wedding on top this small issue shows he is not ready to be a husband.
So if they have small issue after wedding he will threaten to divorce?
. Village girl dey form city girl. Lol
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by allyon(m): 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2015
Estharfabian:
First of all...Permit me to Say Your brother is an "Asshole"....undecided Threatening to call off the wedding coz of a Lil issue as this?? Ridiculous!

Anyways...i also wouldn't wanna Throw my surname away Too..."Fabian" Is just to dope to be replaced by one "Ebuka" Or "Obiorachukwu" Or "Suleiman"....lipsrsealed that ain't happening abeg!
go Bleep ur father. Marriage is what can tie him down to her. So he can call the wedding off if she wont be reasonable. People like u form westerners even when ur westerners are agreeing to their husband last name.crawl back to ur hole

1 Like

Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2015
allyon:
go Bleep ur father. Marriage is what can tie him down to her. So he can call the wedding off if she wont be reasonable. People like u form westerners even when ur westerners are agreeing to their husband last name.crawl back to ur hole
shockedshockedIn English please?lipsrsealed
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Lsofdk(m): 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
Estharfabian:
He would do same? how?shocked

Uh..either ways...He's still crazy!
it just like the wife deciding to answer philip(her initial surname)+obiorachukwu(husband's surname) and the husband is thinking he's also going to bear same (philipobiorachukwu) cool
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2015
Truckpusher:
Your brother is sitting on a long thing.

If they can't agree on this simple matter now ,It is important to call off the wedding before they'll end up calling off the marriage after the wedding.

If you want to keep your family name you'll have to be bringing in plenty money into my bank account or plenty connection like that of Dasuki - Or you better find your elder brother and marry him.Simple.....

Don't bring culture into thisundecided where in this same culture was it stated that women would cease to be their fathers' daughters and lose their names because of a divey dicey relationship

@OP, your brother has some issues he needs to reduce within himself. She is still her father daughter's and she had every right to keep it. If anything happens now, he will either go back to where he took her from to report or ask her to go back her parents.

Good thing my religion does not support that BS!
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2015
allyon:
Id.iot!

Where in your culture was it stated that women take their husbands name after marriage? And not all Western cultures agree to that BS at least not in Belgiumundecided

1 Like

Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2015
Lsofdk:

it just like the wife deciding to answer philip(her initial surname)+obiorachukwu(husband's surname) and the husband is thinking he's also going to bear same (philipobiorachukwu) cool
LoLgrin

That's silly!lipsrsealed
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by kokoA(m): 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
If her surname is Dasuki or Dangote na me go change my name sef grin
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by allyon(m): 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
daretodiffer:

Id.iot!

Where in your culture was it stated that women take their husbands name after marriage? And not all Western cultures agree to that BS at least not in Belgiumundecided
bitchy LovePeddler. I didnt tell u of my culture in the first place u daft retard. It is not cultural but it is just a popular pratice that confers respect to the husband though not compulsory. I cant believe im lecturing u on african norm and u will claim african see ur life.

1 Like

Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by allyon(m): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
Estharfabian:
shockedshockedIn English please?lipsrsealed
blind bat how will u know english when u see one. Olodo
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2015
allyon:
My mum is bitchy LovePeddler. I didnt tell u of my culture in the first place u daft retard. It is not cultural but it is just a popular pratice that confers respect to the husband though not compulsory. I cant believe im lecturing u on african norm and u will claim african see ur life.

What stupid respect? How many women bear their husbands names and that have no respect for them

I thought saying something about the Westerners. It is their culture not mine.

Popular practice for those who want it. It does not mean that it is rightundecided

You need to kill yourself. African norm ko African norm ni
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
SINNZ:
Although its fast becoming a norm these days but i believe your bro is the head of that family so he should be the one calling the shots and not her.

I know of a female court Judge who married her court clerk! grin. In court he addresses his wife as "Your Honour" all day!! But at home, he's the boss cool . That's how it should be.

It is going to be HER name not his.
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by JustHere2Observ(f): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
allyon:
. Village girl dey form city girl. Lol

Who?
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
allyon:
blind bat how will u know english when u see one. Olodo
You're obviously a waste of my time...undecided

You're dumb√√
You shorten Your words√√
You're Highly immature√√
You're a walking Cliché √√
Did I forget to mention You're Outrageously dumb? Oh! yeah! I fücking did!undecided

2 Likes

Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Truckpusher(m): 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2015
daretodiffer:

Don't bring culture into thisundecided where in this same culture was it stated that women would cease to be their fathers' daughters and lose their names because of a divey dicey relationship

@OP, your brother has some issues he needs to reduce within himself. She is still her father daughter's and she had every right to keep it. If anything happens now, he will either go back to where he took her from to report or ask her to go back her parents.

Good thing my religion does not support that BS!
Could you please explain further on the highlighted please?
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2015
Truckpusher:
Could you please explain further on the highlighted please?

In my religion, no compound names. You retain your father's name.
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by allyon(m): 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
daretodiffer:

What stupid respect? How many women bear their husbands names and that have no respect for them

I thought saying something about the Westerners. It is their culture not mine.

Popular practice for those who want it. It does not mean that it is rightundecided

You need to kill yourself. African norm ko African norm ni
lols.. U sound daft from the beginning to the end. She doesnt want to bear his name for no good reason. Do u see any reason on the script?? And u think she will respect t him?? If u dont copy westerner culture why cant u give a good reason for refusing ur husband name? So daft. As for africa norm ko or africa norm ni. Go and tell it to ur father u disrespectful beast of no origin

1 Like

Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Truckpusher(m): 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
daretodiffer:

In my religion, no compound names. You retain your father's name.
Never heard about that.
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
allyon:
lols.. U sound daft from the beginning to the end. She doesnt want to bear his name for no good reason. Do u see any reason on the script?? And u think she will respect t him?? If u dont copy westerner culture why cant u give a good reason for refusing ur husband name? So daft. As for africa norm ko or africa norm ni. Go and tell it to my father u disrespectful beast of no origin

grin

You are a retard

What in God's name are you trying to say?sad

1 Like

Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2015
Truckpusher:
Never heard about that.

I know

It is not popularcheesy

There are so many things people don't know.
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by allyon(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2015
Estharfabian:
You're obviously a waste of my time...undecided

You're dumb√√
You shorten Your words√√
You're Highly immature√√
You're a walking Cliché √√
Did I forget to mention You're Outrageously dumb? Oh! yeah! I fücking did!undecided
tsk tsk tsk. I find u more boring than u find me. Ur fucking fucking words uve been hollaring shows ur are the type that isnt worth my time. Really. Lols u are diseased
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by SINNZ(m): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
daretodiffer:

It is going to be HER name not his.
Where u by chance formerly using a moniker known as "insidous"??
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
SINNZ:
Where u by chance formerly using a moniker known as "insidous"??

cheesy

How did you know?
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by allyon(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
daretodiffer:

grin

You are a retard

u can never learn or know. So im not going to waste my time on u. Byeeeee
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by SINNZ(m): 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
daretodiffer:

cheesy

How did you know?
grin She's the only smart muslim girl I know that's how!!!!!

Where tha F have u been hiding?? And why did you deactivate without telling me? sad undecided
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by Truckpusher(m): 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
daretodiffer:

I know

It is not popularcheesy

There are so many things people don't know.
You're feeling like my teacher abi? sad tongue
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by allyon(m): 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2015
daretodiffer:

grin

You are a retard

u can never know. U are just a bitch. So im not wasting time on u no more
Re: She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage by allyon(m): 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2015
daretodiffer:

grin
You are a retard
u can never learn or know.such a waste

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Questionnaire: Are You Emotionally Unfaithful? / ~Are Your Parents Faithful To Each Other?~ / Happy 77 Day To Glorious Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.