Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not (23875 Views)

Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / Why Has Oyedepo, Adeboye, Suleiman Not Healed Cobhams? / What Reasons Made You Start Doubting Religion(s) And Then God(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
vooks:

Please prove your manhood by posting a photo of your Johnny right here

Truly, there is silliness and there is stupidity.

To whose detriment is the prove of my manhood

4 Likes

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by DonCortino: 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
Jadonjack:

Isn't that what dey call faith?
No! Did God tell him not to seek medical attention?
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by vooks: 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
Jadonjack:

Truly, there is silliness and there is stupidity.

To whose detriment is the prove of my manhood
If you don't prove your manhood, then you don't have it

1 Like

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by waldigit: 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
Jadonjack:
Few year back, I knew there was nothing like god buh my assertion wasn't that tenacious cos of series of testimonies of miracles I do hear here and there. My father, who is a devoted christian has been sick seriously(can't move or talk) for some months now. This is a father who believe strongly in heaven i.e he frowns at anything that is not of god.

I'm not here actually to bore anybody with my life's story. I just want you all who are gullibly still following those sumbitch, to have a rethink.

What I'm goin through right now is an affirmation to my believe about the existence of god

Why not use the opportunity of this situation to know and see the glory of God. He is always present in hopeless situation. Go to your Daddy's sick bedside and praise God for 7 hours. Then come back to share your testimonies. Shalom.
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2015
waldigit:

Why not use the opportunity of this situation to know and see the glory of God. He is always present in hopeless situation. Go to your Daddy's sick bedside and praise God for 7 hours. Then come back to share your testimonies. Shalom.

Thank you and shalom to you too
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by jayriginal: 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
Jadonjack:
Few year back, I knew there was nothing like god buh my assertion wasn't that tenacious cos of series of testimonies of miracles I do hear here and there. My father, who is a devoted christian has been sick seriously(can't move or talk) for some months now. This is a father who believe strongly in heaven i.e he frowns at anything that is not of god.

I'm not here actually to bore anybody with my life's story. I just want you all who are gullibly still following those sumbitch, to have a rethink.

What I'm goin through right now is an affirmation to my believe about the existence of god

I sincerely hope your dad recovers. Would that make God real to you if he does?
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
jayriginal:

I sincerely hope your dad recovers. Would that make God real to you if he does?

With the way he held on to his god, I may av a rethink
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by frank317: 9:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
I know how much u love ur dad and how it really hurts to see him suck and helpless.

Before my mum died, she was an ardent Christian and we all believed we were under God's covenant and God's children can never be sick.
But then she fell ill and had liver problem for five years before she finally died in her mid fifties.

I recall her selling mama-put to help my dad. When going to boarding school she would put some money in my box and ask me not to let my dad know. I dreamt of making her a proud mum because she would wake up in the cold early morning in the north to prepare food for sale. She was a hustler.

Even the God she serves turned his face when she fell sick. Prayers were rained on her until her last breath. she died in pain and vomited blood till the end.

My dad didn't not give up. He believed, just like many many theists here that she was resting in the bosom of God.

Yet, he prayed for a better conditions. He never sleeps at night, always praying to God. Two months ago, he broke his bone and has been in serious pain since then. I have spent my last cash to ensure he gets a good operation. And today he is still in pain but getting better. He has malaria and is obviously weak as I spoke with him an hour ago, yet he will says its only God that can change his situation.

Its funny... The fact is that God does not exist except in the mind that believes. He is just as real as our imagination hence cannot be active.

For me I just wish your dad recovers so that you can find joy... Like Jonny said, a God who wants to heal should first say "hi". Its sad, the act of waiting for an imaginary being might make things worst. If God exist he must be heartless. But again, he is just peoples imagination.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by analice107: 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
so if God gets scared of your threats and heals ur father, you will have a rethink that he indeed exist?

@Jonnydon, come and hear one of your disciples straggling.
pls, take a stand, If God doesn't exist, then he doesn't exist. Not when you need something from Him, he exists, when he doesn't come through, he seizes to exist.

I have said it here, the only obstinate Atheist is Jonnydon. All others are confused.
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by jayriginal: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
Jadonjack:

With the way he held on to his god, I may av a rethink

Well, I hope he gets better.
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by jayriginal: 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
analice107:
so if God gets scared of your threats and heals ur father, you will have a rethink that he indeed exist?

pls, take a stand, If God doesn't exist, then he doesn't exist. Not when you need something from Him, he exists, when he doesn't come through, he seizes to exist.

I have said it here, the only obstinate Atheist is Jonnydon. All others are confused.

An atheist requires proof. Maybe for this fellow, that's the proof he requires. You should also distinguish between atheists ( who don't believe in God) and rebels (who believe in God but for their own reason choose to deviate eg Job).

I'll share a story. My in law told me once that when his father was gravely ill, his father was comforting him, telling him that there is no way he (the father) would die, as long as there's God.

The father died. The son still believes even though he went through a brief rebellious phase. If you decide to understand what atheism is, even though you retain your belief system, you would be able to contribute better to such discussions.

Look at your post. Not even a word of kindness for a troubled person.
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
analice107:
So you are now giving ur father's none existing God an ultimatum, by wagging ur little finger on his face.
Hey son, Your father will die. He will go back to his maker and rest in peace. You know why? Ur father is God's property. He created him for Himself. He gave him life. If He wants to take it, He will take it, anytime He pleases, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Stupid. "if my father does not get healed before the end of this year...". What will you do? stand down here and throw stones at God?
Why haven't you turn to what you believe in on your father's behalf? Since his God is none existent, why haven't you done something or apply ur logic and come up with something to end the pain?

Your good father, even in his pain still holds to his God, who to you does not exits, yet you are here threatening Him to heal your father or you'll turn every Nairalander to Atheist.
angry

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 2:25am On Dec 18, 2015
frank317:
I know how much u love ur dad and how it really hurts to see him suck and helpless.

Before my mum died, she was an ardent Christian and we all believed we were under God's covenant and God's children can never be sick.
But then she fell ill and had liver problem for five years before she finally died in her mid fifties.

I recall her selling mama-put to help my dad. When going to boarding school she would put some money in my box and ask me not to let my dad know. I dreamt of making her a proud mum because she would wake up in the cold early morning in the north to prepare food for sale. She was a hustler.

Even the God she serves turned his face when she fell sick. Prayers were rained on her until her last breath. she died in pain and vomited blood till the end.

My dad didn't not give up. He believed, just like many many theists here that she was resting in the bosom of God.

Yet, he prayed for a better conditions. He never sleeps at night, always praying to God. Two months ago, he broke his bone and has been in serious pain since then. I have spent my last cash to ensure he gets a good operation. And today he is still in pain but getting better. He has malaria and is obviously weak as I spoke with him an hour ago, yet he will says its only God that can change his situation.

Its funny... The fact is that God does not exist except in the mind that believes. He is just as real as our imagination hence cannot be active.

For me I just wish your dad recovers so that you can find joy... Like Jonny said, a God who wants to heal should first say "hi". Its sad, the act of waiting for an imaginary being might make things worst. If God exist he must be heartless. But again, he is just peoples imagination.

Exactly my point. Mere imagination. But how do I now convince someone who spent the highest percentage of his life clinging to the illusion? How do I tell him his imagination ain't real?
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 2:38am On Dec 18, 2015
analice107:

Confused?! Really?! Anyways, I wasn't born an atheist and there is a reason my name is not jonnydon
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by vooks: 4:37am On Dec 18, 2015
You got your 15 minutes of fame on NL over your sick dad
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by cold(m): 5:05am On Dec 18, 2015
waldigit:

7 hours? shocked Do you spend that much time begging your dad for a favor? Singing his praises and thanking him for bringing you to this world. And how he has taken care of you from birth till date. And you carry on and on and on like that for 7 hours just to get some extra pocket money for school. I seriously think not,let alone a god that lays claim to creating us. Shouldn't we hold him to a higher standard? Why on earth should anybody spend that much time begging a god for something he already knew you needed even before you asked? Defies logic. Bottomline,prayers are worthless and serve no purpose. @Jadonjack,you might have to ignore your dad's beliefs and take him to the hospital against his wish. Be subtle,be persuasive,be forceful just try anything within your powers to get him to a hospital asap. I believe there are members of his congregation who do not wholly share in his faith healing tactics. You could talk to them to have a word with your dad. Who knows,he might shift his stance a little. My dad died of cancer a few years ago. A devout Christian and an elder in the church. Before he died i know what he went through. The 12 hour daily prayer sessions didn't change nothing. But i know the chemo did. So I can relate.

5 Likes

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 18, 2015
cold:

7 hours? shocked Do you spend that much time begging your dad for a favor? Singing his praises and thanking him for bringing you to this world. And how he has taken care of you from birth till date. And you carry on and on and on like that for 7 hours just to get some extra pocket money for school. I seriously think not,let alone a god that lays claim to creating us. Shouldn't we hold him to a higher standard? Why on earth should anybody spend that much time begging a god for something he already knew you needed even before you asked? Defies logic. Bottomline,prayers are worthless and serve no purpose. @Jadonjack,you might have to ignore your dad's beliefs and take him to the hospital against his wish. Be subtle,be persuasive,be forceful just try anything within your powers to get him to a hospital asap. I believe there are members of his congregation who do not wholly share in his faith healing tactics. You could talk to them to have a word with your dad. Who knows,he might shift his stance a little. My dad died of cancer a few years ago. A devout Christian and an elder in the church. Before he died i know what he went through. The 12 hour daily prayer sessions didn't change nothing. But i know the chemo did. So I can relate.

Don't mind d guy, 7hrs koh, 7days ni. I'm sure my dad has sang series of praises in his heart for the past few months, yet no improvement, I just dnt understand why he wnt deny his invisible god for once and listen to another way of gettin him healed
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 18, 2015
vooks:
You got your 15 minutes of fame on NL over your sick dad

Do you even think of what to write before you start typing?! Yu call this fame?! SMH

1 Like

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by vooks: 6:59am On Dec 18, 2015
Jadonjack:

Do you even think of what to write before you start typing?! Yu call this fame?! SMH
Attention seeking
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by frank317: 7:05am On Dec 18, 2015
Jadonjack:

The guy is just an arrogant fool who lacks empathy and think people who dont believe in his sky daddy should suffer. He is a kid who obviously has a long way to go in life. When he learns he will know that there is more to live than worshipping a magical sky daddy.

I think, like cold suggested, you can tell your dad that God told you to take him to the hospital. I understand if you are not financially capable, but you have no reason to leave him at home because he says so. Borrow if you have to and show him love in this stage of his life.

Please, delete this God from your mind and treat matters like humans around you are all that matter a.

2 Likes

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 18, 2015
Hei, I wonder what made you put this kind of assertion, but one thing is for sure, even if your father didn't get well before the year end GOD WILL STILL BE GOD. you better start asking. GOD for forgiveness less his anger rest on you.
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 18, 2015
frank317:

The guy is just an arrogant fool who lacks empathy and think people who dont believe in his sky daddy should suffer. He is a kid who obviously has a long way to go in life. When he learns he will know that there is more to live than worshipping a magical sky daddy.

I think, like cold suggested, you can tell your dad that God told you to take him to the hospital. I understand if you are not financially capable, but you have no reason to leave him at home because he says so. Borrow if you have to and show him love in this stage of his life.

Please, delete this God from your mind and treat matters like humans around you are all that matter a.

Thanks man. I ll see what I can do to at least convince him to put his faith in his god aside.

I can force him to go my way, buh I also won't like it when someone takes me against my will forcefully.

I just hope there is a way to get this silly believe outta him before it gets too late
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by kevoh(m): 7:36am On Dec 18, 2015
If this so called "god" existed,it somehow should be reading this thread and other countless threads on religion section where it has been asked for over million times to come and prove itself and not its foot soldiers, who lack empathy on people's precarious situations most of the time by the way, to do the proving.

Jadonjack, sorry to hear about your dad's situation. I implore you to take cold and frank's advice below. Focus more on how to help your dad get well by any means necessary and not how to prove to yourself or anyone if the skydaddy existed over pointless arguments with shallow theists.
frank317:

cold:

@Jadonjack,you might have to ignore your dad's beliefs and take him to the hospital against his wish. Be subtle,be persuasive,be forceful just try anything within your powers to get him to a hospital asap. I believe there are members of his congregation who do not wholly share in his faith healing tactics. You could talk to them to have a word with your dad. Who knows,he might shift his stance a little. My dad died of cancer a few years ago. A devout Christian and an elder in the church. Before he died i know what he went through. The 12 hour daily prayer sessions didn't change nothing. But i know the chemo did. So I can relate.

1 Like

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by analice107: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2015
@Jayriginal.
Thank you for that correction. These bunch are indeed not atheists, they are rebels.

@Jodanjack.
I didn't call you Jonnydon, you can't be Jonnydon. you are too stupid to be Jonnydon. You know why? He doesn't believe in God, so he won't go calling on God to come down with immediate effect and heal his sick father or else... This is so dumb.
You are a very queer Character this Jodanjack. pls grow up and stop letting Steve Hawkins down.
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2015
kevoh:
If this so called "god" existed,it somehow should be reading this thread and other countless threads on religion section where it has been asked for over million times to come and prove itself and not its foot soldiers, who lack empathy on people's precarious situations most of the time by the way, to do the proving.

Jadonjack, sorry to hear about your dad's situation. I implore you to take cold and frank's advice below. Focus more on how to help your dad get well by any means necessary and not how to prove to yourself or anyone if the skydaddy existed over pointless arguments with shallow theists.

Exactly what I'm thinkin of now...Thanks bro.
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by analice107: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2015
And why haven't you proven your manhood by posting ur genitals here yet? remember, no doctoring, because we'll know. your full length structure, if not, you can as well be a she male.

listen, I do not support ur father not taking medication, but if his faith can carry him, fine. But for you to come out here and call your father a fool for not bending to ur wimps, is repulsive.
besides, what is so bad in dying anyways? why are we so scared of dead. To be alive in the flesh, is to be away from the Lord, to be dead is to be with our Christ (for us Christians though).

And you, rebellious child (Jondanjack). you are an atheist apprentice right? life has no meaning, you live for nothing, and die for nothing. let ur Dad die, No shakes.
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 18, 2015
analice107:
@Jayriginal.
Thank you for that correction. These bunch are indeed not atheists, they are rebels.

@Jodanjack.
I didn't call you Jonnydon, you can't be Jonnydon. you are too stupid to be Jonnydon. You know why? He doesn't believe in God, so he won't go calling on God to come down with immediate effect and heal his sick father or else... This is so dumb.
You are a very queer Character this Jodanjack. pls grow up and stop letting Steve Hawkins down.

This is what hapns when yu don't have a mind of your own. Do yu even know why atheists are atheists?! Ask johnnydon if he was born an atheist.

Most atheists(even johnnydon yu talking about) are atheists not because they think there is no god(sky god) but because there are no evidences to prove the existence of the god.

Now, my dad is on d sick bed hoping to get healed by the supernatural god he believed in, without medics. Why won't I av a rethink if he's healed truly without medics.

At least, Most of the people that got healed by the so called god in the bible did not go to any hospital. They just call on him and he healed them.

I heard so many things about bonke, babalola and many of them like that.

I think this is the right time for my dadi's god to prove to me that he truly exist as my dad is resisting any other means of getting him healed

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 18, 2015
analice107:
And why haven't you proven your manhood by posting ur genitals here yet? remember, no doctoring, because we'll know. your full length structure, if not, you can as well be a she male.

listen, I do not support ur father not taking medication, but if his faith can carry him, fine. But for you to come out here and call your father a fool for not bending to ur wimps, is repulsive.
besides, what is so bad in dying anyways? why are we so scared of dead. To be alive in the flesh, is to be away from the Lord, to be dead is to be with our Christ (for us Christians though).

And you, rebellious child (Jondanjack). you are an atheist apprentice right? life has no meaning, you live for nothing, and die for nothing. let ur Dad die, No shakes.

Its obvious yu are ignorant.
So yu wish to be spend months in severe pain on a sickbed before yu die eventually?!

Death is surely inevitable, yeah! buh do yu know how it feels watching someone you love in pain for months because of some invisible god yu'v always bn against?!
Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by frank317: 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2015
analice107:
@Jayriginal.

@Jodanjack.

I wonder why you cant see how ridiculous u sound.

You are more interested in what he thinks about your non existent skydaddy that what his father is going through or what he is going through.

get some sense bro... this aint about your invisible monster. its about a young man who is unhappy about his father's health. if you are so much eager to prove your skydaddy exists, pray your father can be sick instead so that u loving father in heaven will heal him.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by johnydon22(m): 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
Jadonjack:

Thanks man. I ll see what I can do to at least convince him to put his faith in his god aside.

I can force him to go my way, buh I also won't like it when someone takes me against my will forcefully.

I just hope there is a way to get this silly believe outta him before it gets too late
Common bro you are missing the point here.. You don't need to convince your father to put his faith aside, i believe the important thing now is for your father to make efforts to get better.

Your father has been holding on to the idea of a God since adam so it is fruitless trying to convince your father of the vagueness of the concept, if you ask me just don't even go there, what matters is he goes to the hospital.

As cold suggested "Tell your Dad God wants him to go to the hospital, tell him God can heal him through the doctors"

Put your opinion of God aside now and use it as a push to get your dad to the hospital, since his faith and belief is centered on the concept of God.

Use the idea of "God" to garnish your pleas to compel or convince him to go to the hospital so the doctors can do their job..

Your priorities now should be papa's health and you should do anything to achieve that.. And i suggest you do not engage your dad in religious arguments.

Elders always seem to think their position on a matter in contrast to that of a youth is the wise one, it will only hurt his ego

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not by CoolUsername: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
johnydon22:

Common bro you are missing the point here.. You don't need to convince your father to put his faith aside, i believe the important thing now is for your father to make efforts to get better.

Your father has been holding on to the idea of a God since adam so it is fruitless trying to convince your father of the vagueness of the concept, if you ask me just don't even go there, what matters is he goes to the hospital.

As cold suggested "Tell your Dad God wants him to go to the hospital, tell him God can heal him through the doctors"

Put your opinion of God aside now and use it as a push to get your dad to the hospital, since his faith and belief is centered on the concept of God.

Use the idea of "God" to garnish your pleas to compel or convince him to go to the hospital so the doctors can do their job..

Your priorities now should be papa's health and you should do anything to achieve that.. And i suggest you do not engage your dad in religious arguments.

Elders always seem to think their position on a matter in contrast to that of a youth is the wise one, it will only hurt his ego
This guy is on to something here, but in case this doesn't work, you can tell your father that if he isn't healed before the new year that maybe that is God trying to tell him go to the hospital.

Tell your father it is God who would use the doctors to heal him, anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The Dedication Of Catholic Church, Nkpor Anambra (Photos) / Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.