Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship (19687 Views)

Navy Admiral Daniel Ikoli Is Dead. He Was Found Dead In His Lagos Home / Hausa/yoruba Political Relationship In The Past. What Does It Imply With This?? / Faseun Brought Peace Between Ijaw , Yoruba, Says Egbesu Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Ogbuefi2020: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
CeterisXVII:

Who asked you for details about the Igbo coup? Was that the topic under discussion? Why are you digressing? Don't derail this thread, please. The conversation was about Fredrick Forsyth and the Ore battle....are you sure you are not missing something, here? shocked
No the discussion is on a local chapion and an unknow man who had political alliance in a regional enclave. U digressed into ore battle (there was no battle at Ore) and the coupe has everything to do with the Ore event than the Ore event has any thing to do with the subject matter. i have shown u what an observer wrote, the onus is now on u to show me what some one else wrote then we can compare a see who is lieing with congent reasons
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ogbuefi2020:

Let me ignore other irrelevant talks and talk about what happened at Ore. LOl imagine lilly livered yorubas always boasting of the Ore event chai. plz read this piece patiently
Piece indeed!
Don't You mean Ojukwu's AS$ licker's trash?
LOL!

3 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Ogbuefi2020: 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

Piece indeed!
Don't You mean Ojukwu's AS$ licker's trash?
LOL!
Ok, lets see ur own side of the story, its simple
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by CeterisXVII: 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ogbuefi2020:

No the discussion is on a local chapion and an unknow man who had political alliance in a regional enclave. U digressed into ore battle (there was no battle at Ore) and the coupe has everything to do with the Ore event than the Ore event has any thing to do with the subject matter. i have shown u what an observer wrote, the onus is now on u to show me what some one else wrote then we can compare a see who is lieing with congent reasons

Who is the local champion and who is the unknown man? Please stop beating around the bush, and kindly be explicit. You were the first to mention Ore when you said: "Banjo (a yoruba man) invaded midwest and later pulled out with out firing a single shot on september 12 after camping at Ore..."
Ogbuefi2020:
the concluding part. SUMMARY: Banjo (a yoruba man) invaded midwest and later pulled out with out firing a single shot on september 12 after camping at Ore and making a deal with Awolowo to return to Enugu and assasinate Ojukwu, Murtala Muhameds troops arrived Ore on September 22 when Biafran army led by Banjo was long withdrawn without orders from the Biafran chain of command. The author is a neutral foreign observer.
Do you remember now?

As for other accounts about the Ore battle (which you keep claiming did not happen), please read the book titled The Tragedy of Victory, written by Brig-Gen Alabi-Isama who is a Delta-Igbo veteran of the Nigerian civil war, as well as articles by Nowa Omoigui who has chronicled various aspects of the war, in great detail.

It cannot be overemphasized that one of the murkiest areas of the history of the Midwest invasion relates to the political activities of key Biafran commanders, once they reached Benin City. There are reports of secret contacts with the British Deputy High Commissioner in Benin (Mr. Bell) to arrange a cease-fire and peace talks between Nigeria and Biafra (15, 19).

Simultaneously, attempts were made to recruit a number of non-Ibo officers in a grand scheme to undercut both Ojukwu and Gowon (13, 14). Col. Victor Banjo apparently disobeyed orders to proceed further West with haste (to Ibadan and Lagos) from Ore. Not until August 20 (11 days after entering Benin) did the threat of the advance to Lagos fully mature with the Biafran capture of Ore, followed quickly by Okitipupa, Atotogbo, Irele, Ute and Sobe (10, 15). In part because federal troops blew up the Shasha Bridge on mile 82 of the Ore road, but mainly because of yet another failure to press the advantage, the western operation ground to a halt. Subsequently, the prospect of being outnumbered and cut off by better-armed and numerically superior troops now said by reconnaissance to be mobilized and based at Ondo, made Lt. Col. Akagha very reluctant to continue his advance (9).

It is said that Banjo was in touch with Yoruba leaders who were initially supportive. Police officers in Ibadan were apparently told to expect Biafran troops and instructed not to resist (17). Eventually though, as events unfolded, other Yoruba leaders expressed serious concern about his entry into Ibadan (through Ife road) with a horde of Biafran (Ibo) troops under his command. In his book "My Command", General Olusegun Obasanjo (who was at that time the rear commander based in Ibadan), said of one of Banjo's contacts: "The man, who is also a renowned social critic, turned out promptly at the appointed place and time. I invited him to my car and for almost two hours we drove round Ibadan and discussed Banjo's request for me to grant him unhindered access to Ibadan and Lagos at any price. Both the request and the price were turned down." (25)

{One can only wonder why it took two hours of talks with the 'social critic' to reach this conclusion. Obasanjo later became a divisional commander and subsequently emerged as Nigeria's Head of State in 1976. After handing over to Shehu Shagari in 1979 he went into farming and became a social critic himself. General Abubakar recently released him from a three-year stint in one of General Abacha's jails. Wole Soyinka, on the other hand, served jail-time for his efforts (26). Many years later he became a Nobel Laureate. He is currently in exile, having been declared wanted by the late General Abacha. Abubakar (who took over from General Abacha) has appealed to him to return home.}

Although conceivable that Ojukwu may have viewed these interactions as having sensitized his "yoruba conscience", the reality was that Banjo knew that his "liberation army" was a marginal outfit. It was unprepared to deal with any serious resistance in either Lagos or Ibadan, both of which had since recovered from the initial shock of his march into the Midwest. Only a negotiated entry (with popular support) seemed reasonable at that point and some form of reconciliation was still at the back of his mind. Indeed, at his trial in Enugu, Banjo stated: "In my opinion, the minimum condition for the continued successful prosecution of the war has ceased to exist…It is my view that, while we held the control of the Midwest we had a good political bargaining power within the context of Nigeria." (19)

Banjo may also have been simultaneously concerned about an ambush in the rear, given the hostility of the local population. Indeed, his frantic attempts to arrest Ogbemudia and locate Ejoor support this view. Meetings were held with the Oba of Benin as unspeakable incidents became more frequent between the restive population and the Biafran soldiers who had become viewed as an army of occupation. Banjo even ordered troops to remove their Biafran badges to reduce tension (9). When rumors began to circulate that the Oba of Benin had himself been arrested and taken back to Biafra, the Oba had to appear publicly to calm nerves (17). With arguments among his commanders and so much on his mind, (including ongoing power struggles and policy debates back in Biafra) Banjo hesitated at Ore, which later became the scene of a very bloody battle on August 29. Some historians now regard the last Ore battle as the turning point of the civil war (6). Federal troops (using old colonial survey maps of the bush-paths and hills, which were not available to the Biafrans) pummeled the Biafran spearhead between Ohosu (Ofusu) and Ore (17).

In addition, there were serious command, control and logistic problems and errors. The so-called "Liberation Army of Nigeria" was a poorly armed, poorly led and barely trained ragtag outfit (9). Although (theoretically) there were as many as 28 fully trained Midwest Ibo officers available to assist Biafran officers in commanding the force, very few of these officers actually offered themselves once the Biafrans were in the Midwest. Once the federal counter-offensive began, the turnover of officers increased substantially. http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm

Omoigui's article is supported by references from a variety of sources. One of these sources cited in footnote 6, of Omoigui's article is from a book by Tamuno, TN and Ukpabi SC (eds), titled The Civil War Years. (Vol. VI) In "Nigeria Since Independence: The first 25 years." published by Heinemann Educational Books, in 1989. Another source cited in footnotes 10 and 15, is drawn from a book by Ogbemudia, S. O titled Years of Challenge, published by Heinemann Educational Books, 1991.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Ogbuefi2020: 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
I repeat Azikwe never attained any postion with such thing like Electoral votes! Also, NCNC was already the most popular party even before Zik succeed Macaulay after his death!
Lest I forget, why would a non-western man contest in a Western region in the first place?
You people are really self entitled nitwits! Reminds me when Biafra raids and attacked the mid western region yet had the audacity to scream betrayal when Yoruba stopped them at Ore! LOL!
This was the post that brought Ore into the discussion, not me
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by clevadani: 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I don't like responding to people like you. The question I keep asking is WHY ARE YOU PAINED? The Ijaws have always seek hand of fellowship with Yorubas over the years. It doesn't start with Barcanista and won't end with him.

The Yoruba/Fulani gave us Rivers state. A yorubaman supported our own tribesman in local election. A yorubaman supported our son to VP and Presidency of Nigeria. A Yorubaman gave us NDDC. Have you heard any Ijawman saying he hates Yorubas? We have Ijaws in Ondo state that are doing fine with their neighbours. Kingsley Kuku and Sowore(SR) are Ijaws from Ondon states. They are well... So it's not about barcanista...

That some of you choose to hate Awo does not mean that we do. And by the way, what is making you feel agitated by the thread? Check post history, I have no ish with the yorubas even at the heat of the backlash from my defection. Yes, we fight for politics but not for tribal interest. So what is actually your problem?

Quit being emotionally disturbed and grow up boss!
we might be on opposite divide when it comes to our political affiliation,but this comment deserves an award. From a fellow cule.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Ogbuefi2020: 3:09pm On Dec 19, 2015
CeterisXVII:

Who is the local champion and who is the unknown man? Please stop beating around the bush, and kindly be explicit. You were the first to mention Ore when you said: "Banjo (a yoruba man) invaded midwest and later pulled out with out firing a single shot on september 12 after camping at Ore..." Do you remember now?

As for other accounts about the Ore battle (which you keep claiming did not happen), please read the book titled The Tragedy of Victory, written by Brig-Gen Alabi-Isama who is a Delta-Igbo veteran of the Nigerian civil war, as well as articles by Nowa Omoigui who has chronicled various aspects of the war, in great detail.
Local Champion (awolowo) Unknown man (Ikoli) i made it clear in my earlier post. As for ur account of the Ore battle, i will appreciated a neutral observer's account

Omoigui's article is supported by references from a variety of sources. One of these sources cited in footnote 6, of Omoigui's article is from a book by Tamuno, TN and Ukpabi SC (eds), titled The Civil War Years. (Vol. VI) In "Nigeria Since Independence: The first 25 years." published by Heinemann Educational Books, in 1989. Another source cited in footnotes 10 and 15, is drawn from a book by Ogbemudia, S. O titled Years of Challenge, published by Heinemann Educational Books, 1991.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

See yourself, are you an Efik, ibibio or annang man? You feel threatened because I seek to bring to the fore the benevolence of Yoruba sons towards the Ijaws and other ethnic south south minority groups. Your fear made you cook up the 'igbophobia thrash and other nonsense.

By the way, Ijaws are primarily concerned with RESOURCE CONTROL like other ethnic groups in the SS. We are NOT calling for secession yet. In fact, we are primarily concerned with furthering to achieve our noble demands. I don't know why you are acting insecure.

Any relationship with yorubas or other groups is for our own interest. GEJ our brother lost election but we all saw how close Dickson/Sylva contest was... In other words, we have moved on to the next chapter...

Grow up!
Bro speak for yourself. Don't act as if u are speaking for all ijaws. In the history of Nigeria the only political affiliation u can bring out between ijaws and Yoruba's is just one case of good personal relationship between 2 people what makes this scenario different from gbajamila supporting tambuwal against his kinsman. please show some pride and stop disgracing the ijaws here on nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Ogbuefi2020: 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2015
worldmoney:
Bro speak for yourself. Don't act as if u are speaking for all ijaws. In the history of Nigeria the only political affiliation u can bring out between ijaws and Yoruba's is just one case of good personal relationship between 2 people what makes this scenario different from gbajamila supporting tambuwal against his kinsman. please show some pride and stop disgracing the ijaws here on nairaland
He always sound like a low lifer without dignity. always sounding like a helpless child under the protection of some big brothers.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Ogbuefi2020: 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2015
Just as I was here educating Tonyebacanista that Igbos dont hate anybody only that they collaborate with ppl with national appeal, just as I have just told the house that OBJ is the person igbos see as the most sucessful yoruba politician while Awolowo is a local champion, and GEJ is the most sucessful Ijaw politician while Ikoli is a complete nonentity. Now OBJ just arrived Aba to commision roads built by Ikpeazu despite being instrumental to kicking out of Ijaw "clueless" man who igbo still support till today, despite tearing his PDP card and fratenizing with Buhari who we regard as a bigot. Igbo-yoruba or igbo-north political relationship is far ahead of whatever Ijaw can dream of, just that we dont deal local champions like Awolowo, Tinubu or Buahri. We deal with national politicians like OBJ, GEJ Shagari, Ya'Adua etc
https://www.nairaland.com/2811586/gov-ikpeazu-commissioned-roads-aba
https://www.nairaland.com/2811607/obasanjo-visits-abia-gov-ikpeazu
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by CeterisXVII: 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ogbuefi2020:
Local Champion (awolowo) Unknown man (Ikoli) i made it clear in my earlier post. As for ur account of the Ore battle, i will appreciated a neutral observer's account

Guy, there is no need for this rigmarole please. Are you now God, to claim that Ikoli is a nonentity, when his people rate him highly?

You initially claimed there was no battle at Ore, and asked for sources. Info was provided to show the battle took place, and sources were cited to buttress the fact. Now you are asking for a neutral observer's account. What do you mean by a 'neutral' observer? Are you saying all the sources that were cited, were biased? where is your proof? Stop shifting the goal-post, abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Ogbuefi2020: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
CeterisXVII:

Guy, there is no need for this rigmarole please. You initially claimed there was no battle at Ore, and asked for sources. Info was provided to show the battle took place, and sources were cited to buttress the fact. Now you are asking for a neutral observer's account. What do you mean by a 'neutral' observer? Are you saying all the sources that were cited, were biased? where is your proof? Stop shifting the goal-post, abeg.
battle took place accoding to ur source, battle didnt take place according to my source. urs was from the side of Nigerian army participants mine was from from a foreign international observer, i dont kw why u feel like u have won. we all know who is more likely to be neutral, i could also show u accounts from biafran participants like Madiebo or Achuzia which i didnt, like i showed u a yoruba man's account of the coup instead of Igbo man's (Madiebo's) account to lend more credibility. U can also get a copy of the Biafran airlift account by another foreigner (he will definitey be neutral) pics below. I have always thought Isama Alabi was from Kwara state but since u claimed he is a delta igbo despite Alabi clearly being a yoruba name, I will research on that

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 19, 2015
worldmoney:

Mehnnn, this is an uppercut, you have finished tonyebarcanista here chai!

I have been observing him recently on nairaland and beginning to think tonyebarcanista is suffering from inferiority complex, the guy is an ogogoro drinking loser that's why he doesn't reason well. He actually opened this thread to spite Igbos trust me, I know him well from his APC days as barcanista.

I used to place him in the class of Gbawe but recent events have shown Gbawe to be head, shoulders, knees and feet above this loser barcaniata. It is such a shame I once compared a nonentity like tonyecarnista to Gbawe, thank God for time which has clearly shown they were never in the same class.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by CeterisXVII: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ogbuefi2020:

battle took place accoding to ur source, battle didnt take place according to my source. urs was from the side of Nigerian army participants mine was from from a foreign international observer, i dont kw why u feel like u have won

There is no contest here, so what do you mean by "i dont kw why u feel like u have won"? shocked What exactly is your point? All the sources listed were not from the Nigerian Army. Four sources were listed. Only two were from the army. The rest were scholars. Why don't you just conduct your own research about the war, instead of relying on just one book?? Chai! You have made references to the coup, yet nobody asked you about the coup.

Now you have mentioned a foreign international observer. Even your foreign international source (i.e. Forsyth) has been found to be a paid agent of Ojukwu. Yet you believe his account. It is a pity that the colonial mentality in you, makes it difficult for you to see the truth. Even Wikipedia gives an account of what took place at Ore.

Turning the tide

On September 20, while the Biafran 12th Brigade was stationed in Ore, the Nigerian 2nd Division under General Murtala Mohammed attacked the Biafrans and almost immediately forced them to retreat. The retreating Biafrans destroyed the Oluwa Bridge and managed to get a vital head-start in front of the advancing Nigerians.

When the 12th Brigade reached Benin City they alerted their comrades and, instead of mounting a defense, Biafran soldiers began looting the city, even stealing $5.6 million from the Central Bank. When the Nigerian 2nd Division arrived in Benin City they discovered the city largely abandoned but managed to find a trapped Biafran unit stationed in the Benin Prison, most of whom were killed while attempting an escape.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian 3rd Marine Division under General Benjamin Adekunle began landing in Warri and capturing it along with Sapele and Ughelli. Most Biafran soldiers trapped behind enemy lines abandoned their uniforms and weapons before integrating into the local communities, escaping eastward when they had the chance. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_Invasion_of_1967

2 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2015
CeterisXVII:

There is no contest here, so what do you mean by "i dont kw why u feel like u have won"? shocked What exactly is your point? All the sources listed were not from the Nigerian Army. Four sources were listed. Only two were from the army. The rest were scholars. Why don't you just conduct your own research about the war, instead of relying on just one book?? Chai! You have made references to the coup, yet nobody asked you about the coup.

Now you have mentioned a foreign international observer. Even your foreign international source (i.e. Forsyth) has been found to be a paid agent of Ojukwu. Yet you believe his account. It is a pity that the colonial mentality in you, makes it difficult for you to see the truth. Even Wikipedia gives an account of what took place at Ore.

Lmao...you must a joker using wikipedia as ya source which any Tom, Dick and Harry can freely edit, chai!
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Lmao...you must a joker using wikipedia as ya source which any Tom, Dick and Harry can freely edit, chai!
You can't just edit it without having references to back it up though!
You are probably dull to not know that all the references put up there are not for sight seeing!

2 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

You can't just edit it without having references to back it up though!
You are probably dull to not know that all the references put up there are not for sight seeing!

That still does not change the fact that wikipedia is very subjective.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ogbuefi2020:

battle took place accoding to ur source, battle didnt take place according to my source. urs was from the side of Nigerian army participants mine was from from a foreign international observer, i dont kw why u feel like u have won. we all know who is more likely to be neutral, i could also show u accounts from biafran participants like Madiebo or Achuzia which i didnt, like i showed u a yoruba man's account of the coup instead of Igbo man's (Madiebo's) account to lend more credibility. U can also get a copy of the Biafran airlift account by another foreigner (he will definitey be neutral) pics below. I have always thought Isama Alabi was from Kwara state but since u claimed he is a delta igbo despite Alabi clearly being a yoruba name, I will research on that
So, Omoigui, a Nigerian historian account wasn't plausible enough? LOL!
And which international observer are you talking about? Don't tell me the Ojukwu ass licker that was assigned to cover Vietnam War but rather chose to come down to the Eastern part of Nigeria to cover one bullshit namely Biafra! Isn't that called an ulterior motive? He later confessed to have been working as spy for M16. LOL! That Federick of a man really fit into what Ibos is known for! No wonder he found a kindred soul in the greedy Ojukwu!

3 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

That still does not change the fact that wikipedia is very subjective.
It's a conglomerate of facts though!
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by igwe123: 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
CeterisXVII:

we all know wikipedia is not a credible source. i used the coup as an example of how to cite a source that can be deemed unbiased. I used Ademoyega instead of Madiebo to show how to prove that ur source is not likely to be biased. plz do same for the Ore event. I still belive that Isama Alabi is not delta igbo, no igbo name, plus a confirmed yoruba name, my early claim that he is from kwara is likely to be true, i have not heard of any delta igbo dat fought on the federal side. Note, the Ogbuefi moniker is mine but was banned for no reason
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

The said professor never made mention of where the election was held though or that Zik won the electoral vote in the West!
He said Zik was to become so and so, following election in 1951! Note the underlined part!
As a matter of fact, the Wiki confirmed the man's statement and at the same time threw more light as to how Zik could have won if the Ibadan affliated NCNC group supported Zik!
Hence I wonder why you-re getting your knickers in twist!

I'll repeat what I said this nigga brought a Wikipedia link to counter act a professor's statement

Dummy, it was even written by the professor that after yoloba cross carpeted to deny Azikiwe his win on the election, Azikiwe had to RETURN to East. The key word there is RETURN this suggesting the election he WON was done in West. Why would they have an election in East about who will be the primere leader in West... does that in your natural born mind, makes any ounce of sense to you?

Wikipedia is a website, anybody can write anything on wikipedia...you included. I even clicked on it and there was zero direct reference to that specific statement. Like duh?

Oh by the way, it looks like the election was done in West, not East

Butterish my point
On the eve of the 1951 elections in
which Azikiwe contested for a seat in the
Western House of Assembly from his
Lagos base,

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/zikeyo-ita-face-off-aladinmas-misrepresentations/

2 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 6:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL! Real facepalm!
When did this happen? Don't tell me you're talking of Gowon's disintegration of the region into states! You're really a clown!
That said, Eyo ita's electorate mandate was attributed to NCNC party, which was one popular party save for Awolowo led AG group in the West! We were even made to realise how the North NPC was affiliated with NCNC! In short, NCNC was like PDP party before APC took over! No wonder Zik thought he could have really won in the west, if the west didn't think of his ethnicity but the truth is that he was no western to begin with!
Let me also be quick to remind you that the true mandate Eyo Ita won was stolen by the greedy Zik in 1953! Which already put down the notion that the minority were allowed to rule!
And let this sink into your head, no region was created after the midwest region after which all regions were disintegrated into states by the military in a unitary rule

See this efiot just contradicting himself from left to right. It is best to keep shut if you are struggling to survive.

I repeat again, so Gowon disintegration of states is not "the minorities getting their regions"....Yes or No? Hell I even wrote it right there if YOU READ. That the minorities got their regions not the same time or years.
Secondly, I'll repeat this again YOLOBA HAD ZERO CONTRIBUTION TO THE CREATION OF MID WEST. Take that from a MIDWESTERN whose very knowledgeable of that history. I've provided multiple links and books proving so, all written by other MID WESTERNERS. Until you mofos get that through Una thick head and stop trying to rewrite my history, I'll promise to a thorn in Una flesh with more books and links to continue punching down every rewrite attempt by you lots

Secondly, in regards to eyo ita ordeals, since you are so desperate to drag east to this.
Read and weep, this is specifically from an Easterner with a direct link to back him up
https://www.nairaland.com/2730983/see-no-wisdom-south-south/3

In addition, this is a direct article from NCNC disagreeing and even condemning the statements of azikiwe stole anything from eyo ita
Once again READ mofo, READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/zikeyo-ita-face-off-aladinmas-misrepresentations/

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
I'm loving this thread. SE owns Aniomas party jor. I see ogbuefi, an igbodo guy, knocking that history distortion brain dead miracle down a couple of notch. Then ugomba and me. I personally think Una owe us.
Even though I became involved because it pissed off seeing the monkey rewriting a history I hold dear to my heart and I am proud for in his desperate attempt for friendship, I still think aniomas did wonders here

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

I'll repeat what I said this nigga brought a Wikipedia link to counter act a professor's statement

Dummy, it was even written by the professor that after yoloba cross carpeted to deny Azikiwe his win on the election, Azikiwe had to RETURN to East. The key word there is RETURN this suggesting the election he WON was done in West. Why would they have an election in East about who will be the primere leader in West... does that in your natural born mind, makes any ounce of sense to you?

Wikipedia is a website, anybody can write anything on wikipedia...you included. I even clicked on it and there was zero direct reference to that specific statement. Like duh?
You're such a dumbass!
The said article never allude to the fact that Zik won the Election in the west! The article mentioned that 'Zik was to become the first premier following the Election in 1951' which is quite different from 'Zik winning the election in the West'!
Which Election did the greedy Zik of yours even win in the West?
The reality is there would not have been any need for Carpet crossing if Election already held! Hope you realise that it's the state of assembly man that voted for the premier, not the entire people!

3 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 19, 2015
Tonyebarcanista come here and lie down flat on ya kainkain swollen belly.

From all I have observed Truckpusher is more reasonable than you frustrated loser.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

You're such a dumbass!
The said article never allude to the fact that Zik won the Election in the west! The article mentioned that 'Zik was to become the first premier following the Election in 1951' which is quite different from 'Zik winning the election in the West'!
Which Election did the greedy Zik of yours even win in the West?
The reality is there would not have been any need for Carpet crossing if Election already held! Hope you realise that it's the state of assembly man that voted for the premier, not the entire people!

The article stated he was ELECTED you dumb@ss. It was even written again by the professor that there wouldn't have been again crossing if Herbert was the one ELECTED, not azikiwe. The key word there is ELECTED.... go and find out the meaning. I even highlighted both parts even. Go back several pages and read CAREFULLY. If you need it broken down to a level you can grasp, call someone with a brain to assist you

I keep saying it, LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is something you should have mastered by now. You are too old to be this dumb

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 6:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

See this efiot just contradicting himself from left to right. It is best to keep shut if you are struggling to survive.

I repeat again, so Gowon disintegration of states is not "the minorities getting their regions"....Yes or No? Hell I even wrote it right there if YOU READ. That the minorities got their regions not the same time or years.
Secondly, I'll repeat this again YOLOBA HAD ZERO CONTRIBUTION TO THE CREATION OF MID WEST. Take that from a MIDWESTERN whose very knowledgeable of that history. I've provided multiple links and books proving so, all written by other MID WESTERNERS. Until you mofos get that through Una thick head and stop trying to rewrite my history, I'll promise to a thorn in Una flesh with more books and links to continue punching down every rewrite attempt by you lots

Secondly, in regards to eyo ita ordeals, since you are so desperate to drag east to this.
Read and weep, this is specifically from an Easterner with a direct link to back him up
https://www.nairaland.com/2730983/see-no-wisdom-south-south/3

In addition, this is a direct article from NCNC disagreeing and even condemning the statements of azikiwe stole anything from him
Once again READ mofo, READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!
See Logic! What am I even saying? Come and see idiocy at its peak!
According to your stup!d logic, Yoruba also got a Mini state out of the Western state seeing that the Western region was also disintegrated into states!
Need I remind you that NCNC wasn't solely Ibo party between! Are you this stup!d or you are just acting to be one?

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

The article stated he was ELECTED you dumb@ss. It was even written again by the professor that there wouldn't have been again crossing if Herbert was the one ELECTED, not azikiwe. The key word there is ELECTED.... go and find out the meaning. I even highlighted both parts even. Go back several pages and read CAREFULLY. If you need it broken down to a level you can grasp, call someone with a brain to assist you

I keep saying it, LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is something you should have mastered by now. You are too old to be this dumb
Quote where this was stated!
You are such a creepy little fellow though!
Let me repeat, Zik never attained any election through electoral vote! He was a cheater and a greedy loser like his kins!

3 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
See Logic! What am I even saying? Come and see idiocy at its peak!
According to your stup!d logic, Mini Yoruba also got their state out of the Western state seeing that the Western region was also disintegrated into states!
Need I remind you that NCNC wasn't solely Ibo party between! Are you this stup!d or you are just acting to be one?

My friend throw in the towel already. You have been beaten blue black and red and taken to the cleaners, quit clutching at straws man.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 7:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ogbuefi2020:

He always sound like a low lifer without dignity.

That's what I keep telling you guys. I had to leave NL, go to another online social forum, FB specifically, and interacted with other ijaws to realize what a disagrace that tonyebarcainsta is to ijaws and I'm not even ijaw. If you stay on NL, that guy would make you think worse of those people and he deliberately cut off any Ijaw who opposes him in his bid of being "ijaw leader". The guy is just something sad to look at.
That's why I keep urging ugomba not to attack ijaws collectively. I used to be like him (i remember i used call ijaws cunning mofos due to that barcainsta greediness) and I'll keep urging ugomba to go outside NL and interact with those people in other forum, you'll come back with a total mind reset towards them and with a huge realization of what an attention seeking embarrassment that tonyebarcainsta is to his people.

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

My friend throw in the towel already. You have been beaten blue black and red and taken to the cleaners, quit clutching at straws man.
It is now I realise that majority of ibo are really dumb!
Does that mean you also think the middlebelt region and minority region were created under a civilian rule like the midwest region was created? Hell to ibo education!
LOL!

3 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
igwe123:

we all know wikipedia is not a credible source. i used the coup as an example of how to cite a source that can be deemed unbiased. I used Ademoyega instead of Madiebo to show how to prove that ur source is not likely to be biased. plz do same for the Ore event. I still belive that Isama Alabi is not delta igbo, no igbo name, plus a confirmed yoruba name, my early claim that he is from kwara is likely to be true, i have not heard of any delta igbo dat fought on the federal side. Note, the Ogbuefi moniker is mine but was banned for no reason
Omoigui is also Yoruba?
LOL!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governorship Election: PDP Candidate Loses To Ganduje At Own Polling Unit / Merry Christmas To Our Troops In The Battlefields / Buhari Cracks Stubborn Projects. And It's Just The Beginning - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.