Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,275 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship (19690 Views)

Navy Admiral Daniel Ikoli Is Dead. He Was Found Dead In His Lagos Home / Hausa/yoruba Political Relationship In The Past. What Does It Imply With This?? / Faseun Brought Peace Between Ijaw , Yoruba, Says Egbesu Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 12:34am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

Like I stated. That professor is a zillion times better than YOU in every ramification. He's everything you'll never be in that your miserable life. You may not care what he wrote because you are a brain dead nigg@, the rest of the world, on the other hand, does.
LOL!
Whatever! You can curse all you want if that makes you sleep @night!
Just know that I'm always watching and would treat your fuc.k up every time you spout rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DerideGull(m): 12:49am On Dec 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
We all know who the Great Chief Obafemi Jeremiah Awolowo was, but how many of us have heard of an Ijawman named Ernest Sissei Ikoli whom Awolowo along with Akintola helped to win political office in Yorubaland?

Who Was Ernest Ikoli?
Ernest Ikoli, an Ijawman from Nembe(Bayelsa state) was born in 1893. He was one of the founders and and pioneer vice president of Lagos Youth Movement that was formed in 1933, which later became Nigeria Youth Movement. Other prominent Nigerians that formed the movement were Dr Kofo Abayomi(President), Prof Ita Iyang(founding father/patron) and Samuel Akinsanya. Other prominent Nigerians that would later joined the movement were Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe(1937), Hezekiah Oladipo Davies(1938, later became the Secretary), Obafemi Awolowo (1939) and Samuel Akintola.

Okoli-Awo Political Comradeship
Among the prominent members, Chief Awolowo was the closest to Ernest Ikoli. In fact, Ernest Ikoli made Awolowo the secretary of Ibadan branch of NYM, a position that will mark the beginning of Awo's political career. In 1941 when Dr Kofo Abayomi resigned his position as member of Lagos Legislative council and President of NYM to further his studies abroad, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Samuel Akintola and Oladipo Davies all backed an ijawman Ikoli to succeed Abayomi in both positions. Awo not only backed Ikoli to succeed Abayomi, he also served as the campaign manager of Ikoli in the by-election. The interesting part of it is that Awolowo's kinsman and member of NYM, Samuel Akinsanya was interested in the legislative council position. Akinsanya was backed by Nnamdi Azikiwe.

Awolowo backed Ikoli Won The By-election

Primary election was held and though Akinsanya won majority vote in the primary, Awo, Akintola and Davies insisted on Ikoli as the NYM candidate(against their own kinsman). Akinsanya insisted on contesting the by-election, he had the backing of Nnamdi Azikiwe to run as independent candidate. Guess what happened next? Awolowo backed Ikoli defeated Azikiwe backed Akinsanya in the legislative by-election; and Awolowo won his first election as a campaign manager. The defeat of Nnamdi Azikiwe-backed Akinsanya led to both men quitting the NYM, but the movement went on. In fact, Ikoli ran for another by-election with his partner Awolowo and others behind him and again won.

It is interesting that the man(Awo) that some people choose to call 'tribalist' twice backed an Ijawman to defeat a Yorubaman in an election held in yorubaland. Indeed, It shall be well with Awolowo and Akintola.

Though, Ikoli died in 1960 at age 47, while Awo, his protege and partner-in-progress not only became the most effective premier of the entire western region, he also served as the defacto Vice President of Nigeria under Gowon's military administration. Not just that, his political ideology, Awoism is well and alive despite his demise. Not forgetting that Akintola also rose to the position of Premier of Western region. Whoever says Awolowo was an ethnic bigot owe common sense an apology.

Yoruba-Ijaw Political Relationship Beyond Awo-Ikoli
The Yoruba-Ijaw political relationship didn't just end with Awo/Akintola-Ikoli episode, it rared its head again in 2010/2011 when Yorubaman Chief Olusegun Obasanjo backed Ijawman Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to clinch the PDP Presidential ticket among all the Northern heavyweight to the position of President of Nigeria(though both would later become estranged). This is a position the Ijaws never dreamt of occupying as at that time.

Save Ikoli, I don't think there is any Ijawman that has held any elected political position outside his native domain.

May God Continue To Keep Us Happily As One...
(Amen)

Per the bolded in red, most Nigerians tend to strive on stupidity and dishonesty. There is nothing like by-election and primary election in the scenario the dubious poster was trying to insinuate. Not only that most Yoruba people in NYM exhibited tribal bigotry, they also introduced class distinction amongst Yoruba peeps. Contrary to what some goofy and narcissistic writers would want us to believe, Azikwe never had a candidate but insisted honesty and fair play which were alien to bunch of Yoruba peeps in NYM. The issue was not with Ernest Ikoli and Samuel Akinsanya but the so-called Lagos Yoruba and none Lagos Yoruba. Awo and Akinsanya were shorthand typist and Ijebu too. However Awo was irked that a fellow Ijebu and unionist like him would ascend to prominent position before him.

Again, there was no primary or by-election to the issue in discussion. The only election conducted was won by Samuel Akinsanya in a landslide but the powers that were in NYM, thus mostly and so-called Lagos Yoruba refused to accept Akinsanya's victory. I know the tabulation of the said election results which the Ijo and Edo writers who sought acceptance from Yoruba people disingenuously failed to furnish. Most Nigerians are pitifully dumb.

4 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 12:58am On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

I told you already to stop posting irrelevant sources!
As a matter of fact, I don't care who the Bleep wrote that piece, if he's not Igho nor Omoigui!
The reality on ground is that these true historians never allude to the rubbish you keep posting!
Another fact is that under Awolowo's reign, a body/group was formed to cater to the needs of the Mid western! And it was this same body/group that clamour for their independence before it was eventually supported by the West, North and the East, this can't be said for the Eastern region and its minorities! Hence, this put down the notion that the West, most especially, Awolowo never supported the Mid west creation!
And let this sink into your dull-head, no one is rewriting any history, it's you choosing whatever tale you want to believe!

My God the stupidity you display is ridiculous. I keep saying it, it's a miracle how you still living with ZERO brain activities. You are illiterally a biological miracle. I won't be surprised if you are born without a brain.

The exact post you just marked off as "invalid" because it's not from Omoigui was actually from OMOIGUI and I even wrote that up there.

LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awolowo played ZERO factor in the creation of Midwest FACT!!!!!!!!! NCNC, NPC and mid west parties were the ones who fought the hardest to make mid west a reality.

Hell the bullsh1t you keep quoting that awolowo did for mid west was done to stop the agitation of mid west creation you dumb@ss, which was NEVER anything Osadebe, oba of Bini and several other involved in mid west region agitation wanted you dimwit. Why do you think it was stated people rejoiced when mid west was created?

Even the referendum conducted in mid west that you yoloba snakily tried to credit as your work was never Una achievement, it was influenced by NCNC and NPC.

And of course you won't bear mind to anyone who opposes Una rewriting attempt. Any way don't worry, I got more mid western writers, professors and authors to quote whenever you dumb@ss try to change any history pertaining to mid west creation. Idgaf if you decide to play ignorance and don't believe them.

I'll be waiting for any rewrite from you pathetic, disgraceful, lots
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Jackrich: 12:58am On Dec 19, 2015
funlord:
angry

More epistles of trash from the failed blogger! No go write about "dasukigate" and "fortunadogate" as dem dey hot! Anyway na shame dey catch you that's why! Lol...
He surely does give you some sleepless night ? right !

The failed blogger joke isn't funny anymore but sounds more like the voice of a drowning man that will cling to the tiniest glimmer of hope even it's a serpent .
Dude doesn't even return your quotes - him fucck the love of ya life ?
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 1:01am On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
Whatever! You can curse all you want if that makes you sleep @night!
Just know that I'm always watching and would treat your fuc.k up every time you spout rubbish!

What "Bleep up" from me have you EVER treated? Everytime, your gay fagg0t @ss come looking for my attention, I always ALWAYS drag your @ss. This thread is a PERFECT example. Which of any of my statement did you counter successfully? Point it out, let us see
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 1:16am On Dec 19, 2015
Kponkwem:

@Tonyebacanista, look at what a supposed informed person put up as proof of political correctness or acceptability of the North and West of ‘our SS’ as opposed to the SE’s perceived attitude. Somebody posted here: ‘I see no wisdom in the South South’ some months ago, and I now really see reason with him. And to think that some of these people, who are so ignorant, were sired by Igbo mothers but still appear unreasonable is very shocking.
A Hausa-Fulani created your division-infused state with 0% resource control- it took yeas of militancy and the various spat between old eastern leaders and northerners to raise it to 13%, see: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/how-ojukwu-fought-for-13-derivation-odili/. A Yorubaman gave you a tokenistic NDDC while continuing the oil and gas exploitation and flaring despoliating the environment and setting the stage for future earthquakes. See: http://www.cnbc.com/2015/04/27/scientists-certain-that-drilling-is-causing-earthquakes.html
I am disturbed, like Abagworo, that despite the friendship and love the core easterners show the SS, many of the actually less informed people keep posting trash to create unnecessary diversion from the main issues of development and prosperity. These same people saw nothing wrong with people who stoned their so-called only presidential son and ganged-up to rig him out of office. these same people support, maybe out of ignorance or cowardice, this current entrapment by merely mouthing their wish for liberation.
I think the Igbo struggle shall remain, to consistently educate and possibly prod the so-called south south to support a country of equity and justice or we go our separate ways. A country where the Igbo will find it easier to import his goods from PH or Calabar seaports with revenues accruing directly to the land owners than hundreds of kilometres from Lagos, a country where the airports in the SE/SS which have the highest passengers can travel outside directly, a country where power projects executed in Akwa Ibom, Afam, Omoku, Aba or Oji River ore huge coal deposits in Enugu serve the people directly as in South Africa and not to be frustrated, a where the industrial potentials of the SE will be unleashed for massive exports, country where the oil producing areas of Igboland and the so-called minority areas enjoy their resources.
All my South South people don’t allow these agents of divide and rule, who do not see beyond their noses to mislead you with all these divisive crap of ‘our own state’, ‘our SS’. We must restructure Nigeria for the good of SS/SE!
CC: Abagworo, Ugomba, Ikechu1278.

I honestly do not care about tonyebarcainsta. Like duh? The dude only life is on NL. He's only relevance is on NL. The guy has nothing, absolutely NOTHING going for him. I keep urging Una to visit radio Biafra FB page and you'll see how irrelevant that tonyebarcainsta dude is in regards to his "WE SS" rubbish.

Even on this thread, if the mofo didn't try to rewrite Midwest history in his desperate attempt to seek friends , I very likely wouldn't even care about his desperation. Very likely would have over looked it.

The only thing that irritates about that loser is his constant need to rewrite either the ethnicity of others in SS or history. He did it to ndoki, then Ibeno and now mid west.

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 2:58am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

My God the stupidity you display is ridiculous. I keep saying it, it's a miracle how you still living with ZERO brain activities. You are illiterally a biological miracle. I won't be surprised if you are born without a brain.

The exact post you just marked off as "invalid" because it's not from Omoigui was actually from OMOIGUI and I even wrote that up there.

LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awolowo played ZERO factor in the creation of Midwest FACT!!!!!!!!! NCNC, NPC and mid west parties were the ones who fought the hardest to make mid west a reality.

Hell the bullsh1t you keep quoting that awolowo did for mid west was done to stop the agitation of mid west creation you dumb@ss, which was NEVER anything Osadebe, oba of Bini and several other involved in mid west region agitation wanted you dimwit. Why do you think it was stated people rejoiced when mid west was created?

Even the referendum conducted in mid west that you yoloba snakily tried to credit as your work was never Una achievement, it was influenced by NCNC and NPC.

And of course you won't bear mind to anyone who opposes Una rewriting attempt. Any way don't worry, I got more mid western writers, professors and authors to quote whenever you dumb@ss try to change any history pertaining to mid west creation. Idgaf if you decide to play ignorance and don't believe them.

I'll be waiting for any rewrite from you pathetic, disgraceful, lots
LOL at NCNC influencing the Mid west independence when the same party never gave voice to the minorities amidst them!
And you are so stupid to think referendum could have happened in the West under a true federalism system without the West giving the go ahead! The more reason the then leader of the Western region, Akintola had to be persuaded before eventually lending his support!
Hence, take or leave it, the West allowed a referendum in the Western Nigeria, that can't be said for your self entitled land grabbing brethren in the East!
Come to think of it, your source never made mention of anything the NCNC did other than affiliating itself with the ministry body Awolowo formed himself!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 3:36am On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL at NCNC influencing the Mid west independence when the same party never gave voice to the minorities amidst them!
And you are so stupid to think referendum could have happened in the West under a true federalism system without the West giving the go ahead! The more reason the then leader of the Western region, Akintola had to be persuaded before eventually lending his support!
Hence, take or leave it, the West allowed a referendum in the Western Nigeria, that can't be said for your self entitled land grabbing brethren in the East!
Come to think of it, your source never made mention of anything the NCNC did other than affiliating itself with the ministry body Awolowo formed himself!

I keep telling you this but you seem not to know how to do it. Keep shut when you are clueless. sTOP REWRITTEN HISTORY.

None of the mid west groups that fought alongside NCNC and NPC was formed by Awolowo. Absolutely NONE of them

Niger Delta Congress was formed by Harold biriye
Midwest State Movement was formed by Osadebe
Benin Delta People's Party was formed by Oba of Benin
Otu Edo was formed by Oba of benin
Mid west democratic force was formed by Edokpolor.

None had any influence by awolowo

Oh while I'm at it, some of the Mid west groups that fought for Mid west was part of NCNC dum dum

MSM and BDPP was part of NCNC. They both was part of their chapter in western region.

To Butterish my point

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 3:44am On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

Lastly Go and learn the word INFLUENCE.

It was clearly written in one of the book post I posted her that both NPC and NCNC that suggested and pushed akintola to conduct the mid west referendum. He accepted only because the two parties kept pushing it on him. He was neither happy or trilled about it.

While I'm at it, if you KNEW how to READ!!!!!!!! You would have read where I wrote all three groups, yoloba, Hausa and Igbo were against the minorities within their group agitation for separation but all three supported the agitator of the minorities from opposite regions. Learn how to READ...like even the several links and books I quoted said that. READ mofo, READ!!!!!!!!! It's not a hard job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 3:52am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

What "Bleep up" from me have you EVER treated? Everytime, your gay fagg0t @ss come looking for my attention, I always ALWAYS drag your @ss. This thread is a PERFECT example. Which of any of my statement did you counter successfully? Point it out, let us see
LMAO!
First and foremost you made mention of how Awolowo was tribal because he chased the self entitled Zik from the West! The question is what was Zik doing in the West when no such thing happened in his region? That's not to mention his nepotism of giving out majority of the Western slot to the ibos in the same Western region!! Infact, only a selfish self entitled eediot would deem such scenario as tribal!
Secondly, you eediot were all screaming how no Yoruba supported the Mid west creation, backing up your hogwash of a post with stupid article until I countered that Awolowo was the first to create a ministry body for the affairs of the midwest, even before Nigeria gained her independence! It was this ministry body that later clamoured for the Mid west creation before the likes of NCP and NCNC learnt their ears and supported the body!
Eventually, Awolowo was succeeded by Akintola, who proved stubborn at first but in the end changed his mind to support the referendum!
However, you failed to quote this in your post rather choosing to quote the one that suits you!
The Omoigui's text you later backtracked to quote allude to the fact that Awolowo challenged Balewa to create the Midwestern region before the year 1962, which made sense due to the fact that (1) he wasn't at the helm of the Western government to dictate its operation, Akintola was! (2) Nigeria was no longer under the influence of the colonial rule where the West with the help of the British could just dictate without needing the North to pass the bill!
Hence, Awolowo told Balewa (the North) to just do it! As we've seen the North were actively involved in the creation of the Midwest! The only Yoruba leader that opposed it, was Akintola and eventually he made a u-turn! Need I also remind you that Akintola and Awolowo were at logger head!
Like I said earlier, I would always be here to whip you like your Eze was whipped anytime your greedy self entitled rubbish roars its ugly head!

6 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 4:22am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

Lastly Go and learn the word INFLUENCE.

It was clearly written in one of the book post I posted her that both NPC and NCNC that suggested and pushed akintola to conduct the mid west referendum. He accepted only because the two parties kept pushing it on him. He was neither happy or trilled about it.

While I'm at it, if you KNEW how to READ!!!!!!!! You would have read where I wrote all three groups, yoloba, Hausa and Igbo were against the minorities within their group agitation for separation but all three supported the agitator of the minorities from opposite regions. Learn how to READ...like even the several links and books I quoted said that. READ mofo, READ!!!!!!!!! It's not a hard job
What exactly are you saying here!
Big clown you are!
You mean the West supported the creation of states in other region yet no Referendum was carried out in these said regions apart from the Western Region? Isn't that what Barcanista alluded to, I.e, only the Western region gave voice to the minorities among them by not only granting them referendum but also ensuring a ministry body was formed to tender to their needs right before the Referendum materialised! No region could boast of these!
But like your fellow ibo losers, your mental state goes Zero wherever Yoruba is concerned!

4 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 4:42am On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

LMAO!
First and foremost you made mention of how Awolowo was tribal because he chase the self entitled Zik from the West! The question is what was Zik doing in the West when no such thing happened in his region? That's not to mention his nepotism of giving out majority of the Western slot to the ibos in same the Western region?
Infact, only a selfish eediot would deem such scenario as tribal!

OMG you are so stup1d. It is extremely SAD. First of all, ypu never countered igho statement, all you did was cry like a biatch with ZERO logical counter to his statement. Second and foremost, prior to NCNC became a SE led group, NCNC was a southern political party. That's what azikiwe was doing at the west. He won an election over awolowo, emphasis on the word WON (aka ELECTION). Your tribalistic people hated the fact he democratically WON the election in West and thus suggested all yoloba members to cross over to AG this to push Azikiwe election out and give it to awolowo. That's where Nigeria tribalism in politics BEGAN. What i just wrote is from Igho (a mid westerner).. the link is several pages back

Secondlcommdiot were all screaming how no Yoruba supported the Mid west creation, supporting your foolish post with stupid article until I countered that Awolowo was the first to create a ministry body for the affairs of the midwest, even before Nigeria gained her independence! It was this ministry body that later clamoured for the Mid west creation before the likes of NCP and NCNC learnt their ears and supported the body!

First of all there was NO ministry created by Awolowo that clamored for Mid west creation. The mid west groups that clamored for mid west creation were MSM, BDPP, Otu-Edo, etc all of which were formed by Mid WESTERNER, excluding one that was formed by a minority Easterner aka biriye
Secondly, there was no ministry awolowo suggested for mid west. The only ministry awolowo agreed to pertaining to mid west was one suggested by enhauoro. And the only only reason awolowo accepted that suggestion was due to the fact enhauoro suggestion was made to suppress the call for mid west creation. He is agreement to the suggestion had absolutely NOTHING to do with the benefit of mid west hence the reason when he went all over the media speaking of his support, majority of mid westerners were suspicious of his claim.

Eventually, Awolowo was succeeded by Akintola, who proved stubborn at first but in the end changed his mind to support the referendum!

The Bleep?
Akintola was more supportive of mid west creation than Awolowo, the snake. Wtf is your dumb@ss smoking?

However, you failed to quote this in your post rather choosing to quote the one that suits you!
The Omoigui's text you later backtracked to quote allude to the fact that Awolowo challenged Balewa to create the Midwestern region before the year 1962, which made sense due to the fact that (1) he wasn't at the helm of the Western government to dictate its operation, Akintola was! (2) Nigeria was no longer under the influence of the colonial rule where the West with the help of the British could just dictate without needing the help of the North to pass the bill!
These were reason Awolowo gave the challenge to the North, who were actively involved in the creation of the midwest, only Akintola was against it and eventually he made a u-turn!

Again first of all, I neither opted any of what you said I did. I highlifted because it stated and quote awolowo did not support---no matter the circumstances----despite the fact he urged belewa to create Midwest in 1962.

While I'm at it, awolowo was the leader of western region in 1962. 1962 was when akintola was expelled. 1963 is when akintola became the leader of western region. I keep saying it you are brain dead.
You keep screaming "I'll only read omoigui history" but by this post, it's obvious you don't even read his post. Sad thing, this part of the history is even your own history, therefore you should have know this sh1t more than me. Tufiakwa!!!

Anyway, educating you on your history:
With unity and security on the home front, all hands were now on deck for the final push.   Balewa had decided that he would not conduct the referendum until there was a formal government back in office at Ibadan.   By order of the federal government, the Akintola government was reinstated on January 1st, 1963 as Premier, this time with support from a new coalition consisting of the NCNC and his new party called the United People’s Party (UPP)

On May 26, 1962 an attempt by the Western House to meet and ratify Akintola’s dismissal ended in confusion, leading to Police intervention
http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/ethnichistories/egharevbalectures/Fifth-Omoigui.htm

Anyway, back to what I was saying, it was documented, it was under Awolowo watch [in 1962] that AG boycotted a mid western conference that was meant to fix the politics and ethnic differences in western region.
On May, there was an All-party Midwest conference in Benin at which Senator Dalton Asemota of Benin was made Chairman of the Midwest United Front Committee (UFC).   The conference – which was boycotted by most members of the Action Group - was a confidence building measure designed to iron out party differences and differences between ideological and ethnic interest groups.  The conference resulted in the creation of many committees to plan for the future Midwest.    In addition to the UFC, these committees were the constitutional and legal, finance and general purposes, civil service, delimitation, and minority protection committees. 
Yet again butterish the point that awolowo never supported the creation of mid west.

Oh BTW: UFC was formed by the first commissioner aka Dalton Asemota.

Like I said earlier, I would always be there whip you like your Eze was whipped anytime your greedy self entitled rubbish roars its ugly head!

Again, I ask again, what in that brain dead head of yours do you think you countered? Every single sh1t you spewed out of your @ss here, I've provided several books, links, etc that opposed it till the point you stated ranting about "invalid source" and "invalid post".

I'll repeat my earlier statement.... Get a brain transplant. You are too old to be this dumb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 5:05am On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

What exactly are you saying here!
Big clown you are!
You mean the West supported the creation of states in other region yet no Referendum was carried out in these said regions apart from the Western Region? Isn't that what Barcanista alluded to, I.e, only the Western region gave voice to the minorities among them by not only granting them referendum but also ensuring a ministry body was formed to tender to their needs right before the Referendum materialised! No region could boast of these!
But like your fellow ibo losers, your mental state goes Zero wherever Yoruba is concerned!

Other regions allowed the minorities to rule the region, the West did not. After each region's minorities achieved the feat of getting their own region, none urged out the minorities from their region, only the West did.
So WTF "tender to the needs and voice" you talking about?

Lastly, idk how many times I have to write this before it clicks in your kpomo kpomo head...both NCNC and NPC was the group that influenced the referendum. The only reason akintola accepted is because both parties ganged up on him... something that neither East or North experienced hence their was no referendum in both region. It would have also occurred if NPC and AG ganged up on NCNC, likewise NCNC and AG ganged up on NPC. Damn, how many times does this sh1t have to be repeateded before it stick in that your head. How many times?

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Ugomba(m): 5:17am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

Other regions allowed the minorities to rule the region, the West did not. After each region's minorities achieved the feat of getting their own region, none urged out the minorities from their region, only the West did.

Lastly, idk how many times I have to write this before you clicks in your kpomo kpomo head...both NCNC and NPC was the group that influenced the referendum. The only reason akintola accepted is because both parties ganged up on him... something that neither East or North experienced hence their was no referendum in both region. It would have also occurred if NPC and AG ganged up on NCNC, likewise NCNC and AG ganged up on NPC. Damn, how many times does this sh1t have to be repeateded before it stick in that your head. How many times?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 5:20am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

OMG you are so stup1d. It is extremely SAD. First of all, ypu never countered igoh statement, all you did was cry like a biatch with ZERO logical counter to his statement. Second and foremost, prior to NCNC became a SE led group, NCNC was a southern political party. That's what azikiwe was doing at the west. He won an election over awolowo, emphasis on the word WON (aka ELECTION). Your tribalistic people hated the fact he democratically WON the election in West and thus suggested all yoloba members to cross over to AG this to push Azikiwe election out and give it to awolowo. That's where Nigeria tribalism in politics BEGAN. What i just wrote is from Igoh (a mid westerner)

First of all there was NO ministry created by Awolowo that clamored for Mid west creation. The mid west groups that clamored for mid west creation were MSM, BDPP, Otu-Edo, etc all of which were formed by Mid WESTERNER, excluding one that was formed by a minority Easterner aka biriye
Secondly, there was no ministry awolowo suggested for mid west. The only ministry awolowo agreed to pertaining to mid west was one suggested by enhauoro. And the only only reason awolowo accepted that suggestion was due to the fact enhauoro suggestion was made to suppress the call for mid west creation. He is agreement to the suggestion had absolutely NOTHING to do with the benefit of mid west hence the reason when he went all over the media speaking of his support, majority of mid westerners were suspicious of his claim.

The Bleep?
Akintola was more supportive of mid west creation than Awolowo, the snake. Wtf is your dumb@ss smoking?

Again first of all, I neither opted any of what you said I did. I highlifted because it stated and quote awolowo did not support---no matter the circumstances----despite the fact he urged belewa to create Midwest in 1962.

While I'm at it, awolowo was the leader of western region in 1962. 1962 was when akintola was expelled. 1963 is when akintola became the leader of western region. I keep saying it you are brain dead.
You keep screaming "I'll only read omoigui history" but by this post, it's obvious you don't even read his post. This is even your own history, you should know this sh1t more than me. Tufiakwa!!!

http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/ethnichistories/egharevbalectures/Fifth-Omoigui.htm

Anyway, back to what I was saying, it was documented, it was under Awolowo watch [in 1962] that AG boycotted a mid western conference that was meant to fix the politics and ethnic differences in western region.

Yet again butterish the point that awolowo never supported the creation of mid west.

Oh BTW: UFC was formed by the first commissioner aka Dalton Asemota.

Again, I ask again, what in that brain dead head of yours do you think you countered? Every single sh1t you spewed out of your @ss here, I've provided several books, links, etc that opposed it till the point you stated ranting about "invalid source" and "invalid post".

I'll repeat my earlier statement.... Get a brain transplant. You are too old to be this dumb
Do you know the meaning of the word 'reinstate', which brings me back to when your foolish self failed to interpret the word 'Akin'! You are such a dumbo!
Akintola first became the premier in the year 1960, which was the time Awolowo told Balewa to create the midwest before 1962!
You can see why no one takes you serious! Haba, you don't know what 'reinstate' means! LOL!
That being said, no one elected Zik in the West! As a matter of fact, Zik has never attained any post with such thing like electoral votes!
I guess what you mean is that he ascended as the leader of NCNC group after Herbart Macauly, the Yoruba leader of the said group died! Zik was to contest with the said group (NCNC) whose opposition is the AG group with Awolowo! Hence, who would blame the West for choosing, her man, Awolowo over a. self entitled greedy eediot who's running for the leader of the Western region while his people in the eastern region allowed no such in their midst!
By the way, you are such a clown! A real one!

7 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 5:31am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

Lastly, idk how many times I have to write this before it clicks in your kpomo kpomo head...both NCNC and NPC was the group that influenced the referendum. The only reason akintola accepted is because both parties ganged up on him... something that neither East or North experienced hence their was no referendum in both region. It would have also occurred if NPC and AG ganged up on NCNC, likewise NCNC and AG ganged up on NPC. Damn, how many times does this sh1t have to be repeateded before it stick in that your head. How many times?
LOL!
Why don't you start by mentioning the minority region that was created under the regional system apart from the mid west? Tell us, Mr. Historian! Don't forget also to tell us the minority people that led the Eastern region apart from the ibos make thunder fire that your stupid finger!
Whatever the hogwash you post, the reality on ground is only the West granted a referendum!
Only the West gave voice to the minority in their midst!
Only the West created a ministry body to cater to the needs of the minority amidst them!
You can shove your repeated diatribe into the hell hole you belong!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 5:32am On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

Do you know the meaning of the word 'reinstate', which brings me back to when your foolish self failed to interpret the word 'Akin'! You are such a dumbo!
Akintola first became the premier in the year 1960, which was the time Awolowo told Balewa to create the midwest before 1962!
You can see why no one takes you serious! Haba, you don't know what 'reinstate' means! LOL!
That being said, no one elected Zik in the West! As a matter of fact, Zik has never attained any post with such thing like electoral votes!
I guess what you mean is that he ascended as the leader of NCNC group after Herbart Macauly, the Yoruba leader of the said group died! Zik was to contest with the said group (NCNC) whose opposition is the AG group with Awolowo! Hence, who would blame the West for choosing, her man, Awolowo over a. self entitled greedy eediot who's running for the leader of the Western region while his people in the eastern region allowed no such in their midst!

How many times do I have to say this to your dimwit self LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the leader of the NCNC, Azikiwe was to be the first premier of Western Nigeria following the elections of 1951, with Obafemi Awolowo, a Yoruba, the leader of the AG, as the leader of the opposition in the House of Assembly. It should be recalled, with profound sadness, that prominent Yoruba traditional leaders and political elites exerted pressure on a number of Yorubas elected on the NCNC platform to "cross carpet" in the House and join the AG, in order to deny Azikiwe the premiership in favour of Awolowo. The concept of "carpet crossing" was thus introduced into Nigerian political discourse. Azikiwe had assumed the leadership of the NCNC following the death of Herbert Macaulay, a Yoruba. There would have been no basis for "carpet crossing" if Macaulay, and not Azikiwe, were elected premier of the West on the NCNC platform in 1951.

The key word there is ELECTION. Go and find out the meaning before ranting our your obvious illiteracy.

Finally, awolowo urged belewa to make Midwest a reality before the end of may 1962, not before 1962. Also he made that statement, not in the 1960s.

I'll repeat my statement for the last time, READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll repeat again....you are wayyyy too old to be this dumb. Go get a brain transplant
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 5:42am On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
Why don't you start by mentioning the minority region that was created under the regional system apart from the mid west? Tell us, Mr. Historian! Don't forget also to tell us the minority people that led the Eastern region apart from the ibos make thunder fire that your stupid finger!
Whatever the hogwash you post, the reality on ground is only the West granted a referendum!
Only the West gave voice to the minority in their midst!
Only the West created a ministry body to cater to the needs of the minority amidst them!
You can shove your repeated diatribe into the hell hole you belong!

Is this mofo for reals?

The north minorities got middle belt region. The east minorities got states rather than region while the west minorities got mid west, albeit none of all got their at the same time or year. Like dude, reality sef should have given that answer. Seriously, it's a miracle you walking around alive.

Anyway, Eyo Ita ruled Eastern Region.... Shit pazienza even stated it on this thread and the nigga even posted a link that proved. If you actually bothered to READ you would have known that..

I will keep saying it till it click in that brain dead head of yours LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, go cry me more river.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 5:52am On Dec 19, 2015
Ugomba:
man leave this clowns alone.
That Tonyebarcanista is fast losing relevance here, never knew how empty that idiot is.
Even many yorubas here ignored him because he is not relevant b4 them.
He should be worried about how his ijaw men can recover Rivers state(which was given to them as a gift of betrayal) control from the hands of the ikwerres.
We Aniomas are ruling them in Delta state where they are a minority.
He once said that I am pained. Pained? When Aniomas will flog the Ijaws when it comes to Overrall Achievements in all sectors.
Pathetic bunch of untrustworthy scums.
Just take a look at Edwin Clark Denial of GEJ. thats their life.

I would have attacked ijaws with you but I actually met some of them in Radio Biafra FB page. They were actually decent mofos and none followed that protection seeking, desperate, no life having loser mindset. From my interaction, I learned not to judge them collectively but rather individually. That mofo does not even speak for his people despite his desperation to be leader.

Anyway, grin grin grin
The fool said you were pained? grin grin grin
What will make an anioma pained about ijaw? Like seriously what? I don die laughing. The mofo is definitely on some cheap synthetic meth if he thinks anioma are pained about ijaw. Like the f2k? grin grin grin grin
I'm trying to fathor in what in his miserable head does he think ijaw got anioma beat in.

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 5:54am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

How many times do I have to say this to your dimwit self LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The key word there is ELECTION. Go and find out the meaning before ranting our your obvious illiteracy.

Finally, awolowo urged belewa to make Midwest a reality before the end of may 1962, not before 1962. Also he made that statement, not in the 1960s.

I'll repeat my statement for the last time, READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll repeat again....you are wayyyy too old to be this dumb. Go get a brain transplant
LOL!
You mean the election in the eastern region?
Because the true fact is the NCNC was the opposition in the West and required the other NCNC affiliated group in Ibadan to support them to garner more votes but you should already guess the rest!
Cc: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Council_of_Nigeria_and_the_Cameroons

3 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 5:56am On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
You mean the election in the eastern region?
Because the true fact is the NCNC was the opposition in the West and required the other NCNC affiliated group in Ibadan to support them to garner more votes but you should already guess the rest!
Cc: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Council_of_Nigeria_and_the_Cameroons

This ediot gave a Wikipedia link to counteract a professor's statement

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now that's just sad!!!!!!
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 6:13am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

This ediot gave a Wikipedia link to counteract a professor's statement

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now that's just sad!!!!!!
The said professor never made mention of where the election was held though or that Zik won the electoral vote in the West!
He said Zik was to become so and so, following election in 1951! Note the underlined part!
As a matter of fact, the Wiki confirmed the man's statement and at the same time threw more light as to how Zik could have won if the Ibadan affliated NCNC group supported Zik!
Hence I wonder why you-re getting your knickers in twist!

3 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Mckennedy: 6:39am On Dec 19, 2015
Tequilah:

The guy was sharing his experiences as a political science student at the University of Ibadan who actively participated in the politics of that era, under the auspices of the NPC. undecided

He also shared his views on the factors that led to the emergence of the old Mid-West Region, those who made it happen, and the relationships between the major political figures at that time (even though such figures were from different ethnic groups and parties). sad

His questions provoke the readers to think deeply about certain issues, and debunks certain simplistic views. (e.g. the support for the creation of the old Midwestern Region by the NCNC, and the reluctance of the AG to support the emergence of that region). He urges readers to look beyond the feelings of the leaders of both parties.

So what other info are you still looking for?? shocked

Yorubas are very good in propaganda...hear Ostrich saying Awolowo created Midwest, this is 21st century all yoruba lies are debunked on arrival...
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 6:57am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

Is this mofo for reals?

The north minorities got middle belt region. The east minorities got states rather than region while the west minorities got mid west, albeit none of all got their at the same time or year. Like dude, reality sef should have given that answer. Seriously, it's a miracle you walking around alive.

Anyway, Eyo Ita ruled Eastern Region.... Shit pazienza even stated it on this thread and the nigga even posted a link that proved. If you actually bothered to READ you would have known that..

I will keep saying it till it click in that brain dead head of yours LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, go cry me more river.
LOL! Real facepalm!
When did this happen? Don't tell me you're talking of Gowon's disintegration of the region into states! You're really a clown!
That said, Eyo ita's electorate mandate was attributed to NCNC party, which was one popular party save for Awolowo led AG group in the West! We were even made to realise how the North NPC was affiliated with NCNC! In short, NCNC was like PDP party before APC took over! No wonder Zik thought he could have really won in the west, if the west didn't think of his ethnicity but the truth is that he was no western to begin with!
Let me also be quick to remind you that the true mandate Eyo Ita won was stolen by the greedy Zik in 1953! Which already put down the notion that the minority were allowed to rule!
And let this sink into your head, no region was created after the midwest region after which all regions were disintegrated into states by the military in a unitary rule

2 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Mckennedy: 7:07am On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

Go and ask your father the meaning of operation CROSS CARPET and when such slang came into Nigerian politics and by which tribe.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 7:37am On Dec 19, 2015
Mckennedy:

Go and ask your father the meaning of operation CROSS CARPET and when such slang came into Nigerian politics and by which tribe.
LOL!
Nobody crossed carpet though! Just because Zik spread baseless propaganda to cover his ineptitude ways and greediness doesn't make it to be true!
The reality on ground is all other small parties in the then Western region such as IPP, egbe omo ibile etc were all independent of both the NCNC and the AG! As a matter of fact, the house of assembly members won their mandate with both affiliation (AG & NCNC)! Hence, when Awolowo was running for the post of Premier, they had no qualms giving their vote to the AG party!
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by aljharem(m): 8:20am On Dec 19, 2015
Igbos na wa o

igbos are full of hate

7 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Ogbuefi2020: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Ruhbbish upon Rubbish!

What did we get from eastern region? Oh, we keep being reminded of our 'minority' status and pushed to the background despite having the 4th and 5th largest ethnic group in Nigeria (Ijaw and Ibibio). Our demand for COR region was rebuffed by the Igbo leadership despite having the blessings of the North and Awo. Our Midwest brothers on the other hand got a ministry to manage. What did we get? Nothing!

I know how bittered the eastern region leadership was when Gowon/Awo gave us Rivers state... And how happy we were.

Yes, we got the 13% Courtesy Abacha, we got the onshore-offshore dichotomy law amended, coutesy Obasanjo and Ghali Na'aba. We got NDDC, courtesy Obasanjo. We got ND Ministry(Yar'adua), Vice Presidency(Obj) and Presidency(Obj). Not forgeting additional three states courtesy Northern leaders. What is your problem?

The problem is that you are seriously disturbed, the reason I don't know but I don't care.

By the way, we(SS) have always had Good relationship with the yorubas and the north. It wasn't all that smooth but at the same time not hate filled. As for your Igbo agitation, I will advice that you define what you want. But note that you can't 'drag' us into a republic with you as we have our own agenda. Yes, we seek fiscal autonomy and build relationship with others.

As you can see from the responses of NDeltans so far, we speak in one voice on this issue.

BTW: You can as well call the entire IPOB crew...

i just de laf this guy. which kind weak man be this?. Igbos already have Joe Igbokwe, Ben Akabueze, Two HOR, one HOA, LASU acting VC in yoruba political space yet we dont go about writing thank u letter to anybody. which relationship do u build with others more than igbos? Even the Tam West u ppl are here thanking yorubas for his role in UI is nowhere near Kenneth Dike, first nigerian VC of UI and the person in whose name UI library is named. plz stop using us to upgrade ur low life. The old Eastern region is a constutional federating unit in the country, u said igbos should stop dragging others when they have a history of sharing a constitutionally reconized region, but u still go ahead dragging others in the name of SS which the constitution does not even recongnize, why not mind ur state or ur tribe?? if ur ppl are low achievers like u there no way they can have a say in anything they share with high achiving igbos, Rivers state is an example. Remember eastern region had Eyo Ita, while Biafra had Effiong, the Ijaw low achievers have no case. GEJ's towering international profile shows that igbos dont associtate mediocres
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by aljharem(m): 9:49am On Dec 19, 2015
Ogbuefi2020:

i just de laf this guy. [b]which kind weak man be this?. Igbos already have Joe Igbokwe, Ben Akabueze, Two HOR, one HOA, LASU acting VC in yoruba political space yet we dont go about writing thank u letter to anybody. which relation[/b]ship do u build with others more than igbos? Even the Tam West u ppl are here thanking yorubas for his role in UI is nowhere near Kenneth Dike, first nigerian VC of UI and the person in whose name UI library is named. plz stop using us to upgrade ur low life. The old Eastern region is a constutional federating unit in the country, u said igbos should stop dragging others when they have a history of sharing a constitutionally reconized region, but u still go ahead dragging others in the name of SS which the constitution does not even recongnize, why not mind ur state or ur tribe?? if ur ppl are low achievers like u there no way they can have a say in anything they share with high achiving igbos, Rivers state is an example. Remember eastern region had Eyo Ita, while Biafra had Effiong, the Ijaw low achievers have no case. GEJ's towering international profile shows that igbos dont associtate mediocres

show of an ungrateful idiiioooot

this is on reason I really hate Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:13am On Dec 19, 2015
aljharem:

show of an ungrateful idiiioooot

this is on reason I really hate Tinubu
The dude said my people are low achievers, yet we produced the Executive President of Nigeria, while they haven't. We are low achievers yet we have Ministry, Commission and Special allocation dedicated to us, while they have none. We are low achievers yet our 'touts' are given special privileges in the name of Amnesty, while they whine. We are low achievers yet you can't compare the standard of our states with theirs. We are low achievers yet they could kill to have us in their biafra dream(which won't work anyway). We are low achievers yet we integrate more with Nigeria than them.

I keep saying it that these people are giving the igbo tribe a bad name. We are not ingrates like some of them. After all, we achieved NOTHING in the Eastern region and if not for Awo and Gowon, we wouldn't have our own states.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 19, 2015
tonyebarcanista is just an ogogoro drinking loser from the ravaged creeks.

Ijaw man became president only because the sitting northern president died.

Nice job done by Ikechu1278 & Ugomba. I keep telling these ijaw bats from the creeks to pray Nigeria does not break up after our oyel & gas runs out because if it does, then they will know that pepper dey hot for yansh.

We are marking ya books and taking notes of all ya rubbish. The ijaws have decided to single out themselves as a pain in the ass to Igbos while other tribes in the SS are much more reasonable.

The ijaws will be taken care of at the right time.

We are watching. The thread which was created with evil and spiteful intentions has failed already.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 19, 2015
I have a message for the ijaws making spiteful comments about Igbos that we are watching. Pray Nigeria does not break after we finish drinking our oyel.

I laugh at you fools saying Igboland is landlocked, we don't really care about oyel, what we need is a straight line to the sea and my news to the Ijaws is that should Nigeria break tomorrow when oyel & gas finishes, we will break through the ravaged ijaw lands to the sea, it will be by force.

Any attempt by the ogogoro drinkers would result in their being referred to in past tense.

People we say there used to be some people called ijaws here, so it will be taught in schools.

When the oyel & gas is no longer there the north would not waste hundreds of thousands of her youths fighting Igbos, they would be more concerned about how to develope their lands for agriculture. The Yorubas will never waste their young men fighting Igbos because of some kainkain drinking ijaw bats from the ravaged creeks.

That time the ijaws will understand that the world was there when "Rwanda" was going on. We will not eliminate them but use them as slaves.

Tonyebarcanista would be sent to the farms to harvest cassava for Igbos.

Nuff said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Buhari Is Seen To Be Underperforming, His Govt Is Hijacked - Lawal Idris / Wike Maintains Lead, Wins Additional Four LGAs / Buhari Celebrates Osinbajo At 60

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.