Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship (19689 Views)

Navy Admiral Daniel Ikoli Is Dead. He Was Found Dead In His Lagos Home / Hausa/yoruba Political Relationship In The Past. What Does It Imply With This?? / Faseun Brought Peace Between Ijaw , Yoruba, Says Egbesu Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 7:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
That piece you quoted wasn't Omoigui!
Need I remind you that you quoted about 3 sources for your rubbish rants!
As a matter of fact, the piece you quoted in that particular post of yours was just making conjectures why this is that and so-on!
Guess you are not only brainless but so useless!

More example of this fool stupidity.

Is omoigui the only name you saw listed UP there? I quoted omogigui and several other mid westerner which I listed up there. Heck, I even posted right there and then who specifically I quoted on that link. Last I checked, omoigui was not the name I wrote.

I repeat it is a miracle you are still alive considering the ZERO brain activities going up in that kpomo kpomo head of yours.

Get a brain transplant..you are too old to be this dumb.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
That piece you quoted wasn't Omoigui!
Need I remind you that you quoted about 3 sources for your rubbish rants!
As a matter of fact, the piece you quoted in that particular post of yours was just making conjectures why this is that and so-on!
Guess you are not only brainless but so useless!

While I'm at it, stop using words you have zero idea of what it means.

Can somebody assist this brain dead fool explain to us, the conjectures in this statement

though it flirted with various ethnic and political minority associations in the North, the NCNC was involved primarily with associations agitating for the separation of the Mid-West (which included a significant Ibo population) from the Western Region. These associations included the Benin-Delta Peoples Party (BDPP), the Mid-West. State Movement (MSM) and the Otu-Edo 

Given its commitment to the continuity of the regional system in general, and to the stability of its redoubtable Northern regional base in particular, the NPC was the least enthusiastic of the major parties about employing the strategy of inciting or supporting separatist movements in regions controlled by rival parties. Nevertheless, the NPC ultimately came to be associated with the Niger Delta Congress (NDC) in the East and the Mid-West Democratic Front (MDF). Indeed, the NPC’s support was a decisive factor in the eventual establishment of the Mid-West as the fourth region of the federation in 1963

The creation of the Mid-West Region was the outcome of a determined assault by the NPC-NCNC coalition Federal Government on the AG opposition

In addition to the books I screenshot as well.

It's obvious the miracle draindead disgrace cannot even read clearly

2 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 8:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
ikechu1278:

While I'm at it, stop using words you have zero idea of what it means.

Can somebody assist this brain dead fool explain to us, the conjectures in this statement

In addition to the books I screenshot as well.

It's obvious the miracle draindead disgrace cannot even read clearly
LOL!
If you can't see the conjectures in that piece, you had better donate that eyes of yours!
The eediot you quoted kept mentioning how NCNC group associated itself with an already formed midwest group, leading to his conclusion that the NCNC made the mid west creation come to realisation!
the more reason I immediately told it aint Omoigui's nor Ighos!

As a matter of fact, Igho stated in own piece (www.dawodu.net/igho.htm) how Akintola, the then AG's leader was against the midwest creation, not Awolowo! Eventually, Akintola began to see the midwest creation in a new light and gave his support! Thus, the West, the East and the North gave their support for the creation of the mid west region!
As opposed to the delinquent man you quoted who was making conjectures here and then! Because right from the onset, there was already a midwest body catering for the affairs of the Midwest people, just like the NDDC group and need I remind you that this body was formed in Awolowo's reign before Akintola took over!
Even then, the stubborn Akintola eventually gave his support!
That said, what's quite funny is that the Eastern region failed to grant nor support the independence of the minority in their midst as opposed to what the West did, which is exactly what Barcanista alluded to, but what did a clogged brain dead eediot like you did, you kept barking like an unchained dog!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
ikechu1278:

More example of this fool stupidity.

Is omoigui the only name you saw listed UP there? I quoted omogigui and several other mid westerner which I listed up there. Heck, I even posted right there and then who specifically I quoted on that link. Last I checked, omoigui was not the name I wrote.

I repeat it is a miracle you are still alive considering the ZERO brain activities going up in that kpomo kpomo head of yours.

Get a brain transplant..you are too old to be this dumb.
The eediot you quoted precisely!
You are just as dumb as he is!
So useless! Like I would lend ears to any historical hogwash you quote when you're just as useless!

4 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
ikechu1278:

Oh yes. Like you foolish @ss kept arguing against every yoloba monkey busted for being yoloba claiming "WE SS" despite SEVERAL posts from their past post where they likely stated as such.

While I'm at it you illiterate, mulattoclaro was busted not even by just by his post but by his OWN PICS he posted you dimwit. So Yes, Two completely different people have the same features and the exact same facial abnormalities at the exact same spot.

Only from a dimwitted yoloba with no braincells can deduct that. What a buff00n.

I guess as much! No be the same thing you said about sweetlemon? Na today!
Shameless loser!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by chrisblack: 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
Chigold101:
you wrote this article to prove that Awo is not a tribalist?
It is just too bad that you are going over board on some funny issues...

It is a shame for you even bring in GEJ and OBJ into this your writeup. OBJ helped to bring and Ijaw man GEJ up and also went all the way to pull him down to the bottomless pit.
Am sorry to say this... This is a shame!

Back to Awo... Awo supported an Ijaw man because he knew he has no chance if Akinsanya wins. Awo supported an Ijaw man because of his own political ambition... We all know that when someone has a goal well setout, he flows with the tide that goes towards his goal. And when the Ijaw man died in a very going age of 47, Awo took over and from there achieved his political goal. Though he committed suicide many years after.
Bros, have you ever wondered what killed your kinsman? What killed Ikoli?

Humn! The Bible says, wisdom is profitable to all.
awo is too refined too have committed suicide as you igbos or ibos choose to claim in other to massage your defeated egos. You love saying this all because you inability to reboot from the defeat which was partly orchestrated by the great Awo.lead to a deluded mind that needs a soothing fabricated tonic to manage it

11 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Geminirep(m): 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
ola6:
Interesting thread but I have three questions:

1. Why are igbos pissed off?
2. Who mentioned igbos in the first place?
3. Are they jealous that their biafra idea isn't selling to the SS, this no access to sea and oil?

Personally, I have nothing against the Ijaws or any SS group. I love especially members of the old MW; that is, Edo, Itsekiri, Uhrobo, Ijaws, Bendel in general.

All the best Tonye.
they are pissed off because most them see Yorubas as threat and any form of accolades or appreciation showered on this unique group is a colossal assault on their psyches hence they are quickly retorted to adopt counter attack which they are very good at with Ph.d (pull him down). can u blame them? no, it boils down to orientation they inculcate in them. an average Yoruba parents or uncles will not sit you down under d tree or village square to be feeding you with hateful messages or bitterness. and wherever you find liberality, you find peace! Ajise bi Yoruba la n ri, omo Oduduwa kose bi baba enikankan (in 9ice's voice)

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by aljharem(m): 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
Igbos na wa for una o

How does Ijaw-Yoruba = Igbo in this

Na wa oh

6 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Tequilah: 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2015
Mckennedy:
Thanks for taking out time to read the article, so what can you tell us about this particular paragraph of the article:

I WAS INVOLVED AS APARTISAN POLITICIAN

I am hesitating to write about the story of the creation of Midwest or Edo State, for another reason. I was an active partisan politician at the University of Ibadan opposed to both the NCNC and the AG, the two popular political parties in the two provinces of Benin and Delta. I was also a political science student at the University of Ibadan with a knack for the drama in the Western Region and its impact on the politics of 1964 Federal Elections.

It is simplistic to label the NCNC as pro-Midwestern Region from the abundance of the goodwill of the Igbo or their leader, Dr.Nnamdi Azikiwe. It is also simplistic to label the AG as against the new Region from the wickedness of the Yoruba and their leader, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Maybe we should ask few questions:

What was so special about Midwest that was absent in the Calabar-Ogoja-River State?

Why should the NCNC support the creation of a Region in the West and not in the East and in the North?

How many of us appreciate the strategic decision of the NPC to go southwards in 1962 during the intra-party crisis in Action Group in the Western Region?

How many of us appreciate the impact of the monumental crisis in Yoruba land in 1962 on the creation of the new Region?

How many of us appreciate the bond between Chief FS Okotie-Eboh and Alhaji Muhammadu Ribadu?

How many of us appreciate that this bond more critical than what the NCNC appreciated to the creation of the Region?

How many of us knew of the relationship between Apostle John Edokpolor and the Sardauna of Sokoto?

How many of us knew how that impacted on the creation of the Midwestern Region?

How many of us knew why Apostle John Edokpolor was made one of the Commissioners during the Interim Administration of the new Region?

The guy was sharing his experiences as a political science student at the University of Ibadan who actively participated in the politics of that era, under the auspices of the NPC. undecided

He also shared his views on the factors that led to the emergence of the old Mid-West Region, those who made it happen, and the relationships between the major political figures at that time (even though such figures were from different ethnic groups and parties). sad

His questions provoke the readers to think deeply about certain issues, and debunks certain simplistic views. (e.g. the support for the creation of the old Midwestern Region by the NCNC, and the reluctance of the AG to support the emergence of that region). He urges readers to look beyond the feelings of the leaders of both parties.

So what other info are you still looking for?? shocked

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
If you can't see the conjectures in that piece, you had better donate that eyes of yours!
The eediot you quoted kept mentioning how NCNC group associated itself with an already formed midwest group, leading to his conclusion that the NCNC made the mid west creation come to realisation!
the more reason I immediately told it aint Omoigui's nor Ighos!

As a matter of fact, Igho stated in own piece (www.dawodu.net/igho.htm) how Akintola, the then AG's leader was against the midwest creation, not Awolowo! Eventually, Akintola began to see the midwest creation in a new light and gave his support! Thus, the West, the East and the North gave their support for the creation of the mid west region!
As opposed to the delinquent man you quoted who was making conjectures here and then! Because right from the onset, there was already a midwest body catering for the affairs of the Midwest people, just like the NDDC group and need I remind you that this body was formed in Awolowo's reign before Akintola took over!
Even then, the stubborn Akintola eventually gave his support!
That said, what's quite funny is that the Eastern region failed to grant nor support the independence of the minority in their midst as opposed to what the West did, which is exactly what Barcanista alluded to, but what did a clogged brain dead eediot like you did, you kept barking like an unchained dog!

See thus buffoon monkey. It is hilarious you quoting Igho who I quoted as well and you deemed, what did you call them all again? Oh yeah that is right, "Unreliable source"

Anyway, fool I'll repeat exactly WTF I said again
DO NOT REWRITE MY HISTORY. I can tolerate your miserable sef running your mouth on other BS history you are clueless on. I can tolerate that but one thing, i refuse to tolerate is your brain dead sef running your worthless mouth on a history I'm proud of. Your tribalistic snake of Awolowo did not give any assistance in the creation of Midwest. The snake opposed it despite he's pretense of support on the media. Akintola was the only one among the two that changed his opinion, albeit his change was also a pretense.

Here, READ. LEARN HOW TO F2king READ cause what I'm about to post I already posted it earlier with links associating to

But shortly after he did so, the Action Group won 15 out of 30 seats from the Midwest in the Western House elections of August 8, 1960, even barely beating an Otu-Edo candidate in Benin as well Prince Shaka Momodu in Irrua, in what was regarded as an upset, perhaps influenced by manipulation of the 1959 voter’s register. This outcome emboldenedAwolowo and Akintola to publicly declare that they would not support the creation of the Midwest until after the 1964 federal elections when they would be in power at the center – although they kept up pressure for creation of the Calabar-Ogoja-Rivers and Middle Belt States in other regions.  Meanwhile, Barrister SO Ighodaro had taken over the Ministry of Midwest Affairs from Anthony Enahoro, when the latter elected to go federal, having lost out to SLA Akintola who returned to the West to succeed Awolowo as the Premier. 

The 1960 constitution specified that for a referendum to take place seeking to establish support for a new region, two-thirds majority must approve it in the Federal House of Representatives and Senate, followed by majority approval in two-thirds of regions. Recognizing the key role which the governing party in the federal government in Lagos would have in initiating any legislative move toward the creation of the Midwest, Festus Okotie-Eboh and his mentor, Humphrey Omo-Osagie, were busy lobbying northern leaders. Eventually Festus Okotie-Eboh almost single handedly got Alhaji Muhammadu Ribadu and Alhaji Ahmadu Bello of the NPC to agree in principle to make an exception for the Midwest based on its unique history, knowing they were generally opposed to States creation. Without this crucial achievement on the part of Chief Okotie-Eboh, the creation of the Midwest would have been dead in the water. It was in recognition of this strategic feat that
Festus Okotie-Eboh was given a chieftaincy title in Benin, the Elaba of Uselu. Chief Humphrey Omo-Osagie, the indefatigable fighter with whom Oba Akenzua II had had his ups and downs but whose firm resolve and loyalty to his people had stood the test of time, was conferred with the title of Iyase of Benin. [Egharevba, Op. Cit.] (The Action Group Western region government, however, refused to confirm both titles until 1962 when there was an emergency administration in office at Ibadan).

Nevertheless, the Akintola government in Ibadan moved quickly to consolidate its gains. It appointed many Midwesterners to ministerial positions, created a Midwest minority area and advisory council, and reorganized its administrative structure to create six new regional conferences, as if in tacit recognition of the six regions it was canvassing for the country. Chief Anthony Enahoro became the Chairman of the Midwest regional executive – which did not include Akoko-Edo district and Warri division. Dalton Ogieva Asemota, a well known independent, distinguished retiree from the United African Company (UAC), personal friend of Oba Akenzua II and first Chairman of the Midwest Advisory Council, became appointed by the Western region as the first post-independence Senator from Benin Province in Lagos, while Senator M.G. Ejaife, a household name in Urhoboland, was appointed to represent the Delta. 

Dennis Osadebay, leader of the Midwest State movement, left Ibadan for Lagos to take up his new position as Senate President, to replace Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe who had become the Governor-General. Chief Festus Okotie-Eboh became the Federal Minister of Finance and leader of the parliamentary party. The straight shooting Michael Okpara replaced Nnamdi Azikiwe as Premier of the Eastern region and leader of the NCNC. Alhaji Tafawa Balewa of the NPC became the Prime Minister. Alhaji Ahmadu Bello held fort in the Northern region.

The ducks were lining up in a row.

1961-62

The years 1961 and 1962 moved with dizzying speed. At the Midwest regional conference of the AG, Chief Awolowo kept up his oft repeated statement that he would work for the simultaneous creation of the Midwest, COR and Middle Belt States. In the Midwest, however, his comments were regarded with skepticism, all the more so considering what was regarded as his preference for a balkanized version of the Midwest. 
In any case, in March 1961, the NCNC – urged by Chief Okotie-Eboh - formally opposed the exclusion of Akoko-Edo and Warri from the Midwest minority area. 
When Chief Awolowo was confronted with the commitment the Western regional House of Assembly had made to creation the entire Midwest back in 1955 by approving the Sowole motion, he replied that he was no longer bound by that motion because the country was under colonial rule at the time [Federal Parliamentary debates, April 4, 1961]. The comment merely served to confirm suspicions that he
did not support the creation of the Midwest – under any circumstances – even though he challenged Balewa to create the Midwest before the end of May 1962
http://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/group/discussion?id=2971192%3ATopic%3A98288

This exact statement I just reposted was on this thread several pages. While I'm at it, this exact information was from OMOIGUI.

If you don't know anything, keep your mouth shut.

As for the man you keep insulting for stating it was NCNC and NPC assisted mid west parties in actualizing Mid west is an itsekiri. The same mofos you nigg@s pretend to be all over NL. Unlike "WE deltans" on NL he's actually a verifiable delta individual. An educated professor. Unlike your worthless self his opinions and statements matters and make more impact than your BS. In addition, he is better than you in EVERY ramifications. Unlike you, he actually has a brain. Something you'll NEVER EVER in a billion years get in that your miserable life. In addition, NONE of what he wrote are conjectures dimwit. Everything he wrote is verified by also every other individual i quoted. EVERYTHING he wrote is a DIRECT FACT. Now swerve

While I'm at it, WTF do East got to do with me? Let SE Igbo and minorities battling it out on that. Do I look like I give a rat @ss? Is it part of my history? When it becomes part of my history then I'll care. I do care about you yoloba fools rewriting mid west history though because that's my history. Enyi

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DerideGull(m): 10:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
@OP

You are wastefully educated.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

I guess as much! No be the same thing you said about sweetlemon? Na today!
Shameless loser!

Oh really? Provide a direct quote from me where I said sweetlemon was busted by a picture of herself and another person claiming Yoruba like the case of mulattoclaro. Provide it NOW. I'll be waiting.

Always lying through your teeth. Do the world a favour and just go and die. You're a terrible disease waiting to become an epidemic

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ikechu1278: 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
DiademSh07:

The eediot you quoted precisely!
You are just as dumb as he is!
So useless! Like I would lend ears to any historical hogwash you quote when you're just as useless!

Like I stated. That professor is a zillion times better than YOU in every ramification. He's everything you'll never be in that your miserable life. You may not care what he wrote because you are a brain dead nigg@, the rest of the world, on the other hand, does.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Macelliot(m): 10:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
No geniune reason for this thread at this specific period of time... Just indirectly an Anti-Igbo thread...

Tonyebarcanista is a charmeleon.
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by aljharem(m): 11:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
Macelliot:
No geniune reason for this thread at this specific period of time... Just indirectly an Anti-Igbo thread...

Tonyebarcanista is a charmeleon.

Please how is this an anti-igbo thread ?

Kindly explain because I am confuse !!!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Tequilah: 11:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
aljharem:
Please how is this an anti-igbo thread ?

Kindly explain because I am confuse !!!!!

Hehehe.... na di same question I wan ask be dat! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by pazienza(m): 11:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
scholes0:

Remember the case of Eyo-Ita who was the then leader of the Eastern regional government pushed overboard by Zik and co, in their bid to put an end to the agitation for an Ogoja-Calabar-Rivers region carved out of the old East?

Stop talking trash!

Eyo Ita case had been dissected here;https://www.nairaland.com/2730983/see-no-wisdom-south-south/3

If you have any new conflicting information, go and present it there and stop this your childish behavior.

Eyo Ita once ruled the East, Obong of Calabar was the head of the Eastern house of chiefs, ahead of Obi of Onitsha, Eze Aro and Eze Nri, that's a true testament of the Igbo belief in equity.

Show us Eyo ita and Obong of Calabar equivalents in the western region from amongst the Midwestern minorities.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by aljharem(m): 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
Tequilah:

Hehehe.... na di same question I wan ask be dat! cheesy

bros, i no understand o !!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Kponkwem(m): 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I don't like responding to people like you. The question I keep asking is WHY ARE YOU PAINED? The Ijaws have always seek hand of fellowship with Yorubas over the years. It doesn't start with Barcanista and won't end with him.

The Yoruba/Fulani gave us Rivers state. A yorubaman supported our own tribesman in local election. A yorubaman supported our son to VP and Presidency of Nigeria. A Yorubaman gave us NDDC. Have you heard any Ijawman saying he hates Yorubas? We have Ijaws in Ondo state that are doing fine with their neighbours. Kingsley Kuku and Sowore(SR) are Ijaws from Ondon states. They are well... So it's not about barcanista...

That some of you choose to hate Awo does not mean that we do. And by the way, what is making you feel agitated by the thread? Check post history, I have no ish with the yorubas even at the heat of the backlash from my defection. Yes, we fight for politics but not for tribal interest. So what is actually your problem?

Quit being emotionally disturbed and grow up boss!

@Tonyebacanista, look at what a supposed informed person put up as proof of political correctness or acceptability of the North and West of ‘our SS’ as opposed to the SE’s perceived attitude. Somebody posted here: ‘I see no wisdom in the South South’ some months ago, and I now really see reason with him. And to think that some of these people, who are so ignorant, were sired by Igbo mothers but still appear unreasonable is very shocking.
A Hausa-Fulani created your division-infused state with 0% resource control- it took yeas of militancy and the various spat between old eastern leaders and northerners to raise it to 13%, see: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/how-ojukwu-fought-for-13-derivation-odili/. A Yorubaman gave you a tokenistic NDDC while continuing the oil and gas exploitation and flaring despoliating the environment and setting the stage for future earthquakes. See: http://www.cnbc.com/2015/04/27/scientists-certain-that-drilling-is-causing-earthquakes.html
I am disturbed, like Abagworo, that despite the friendship and love the core easterners show the SS, many of the actually less informed people keep posting trash to create unnecessary diversion from the main issues of development and prosperity. These same people saw nothing wrong with people who stoned their so-called only presidential son and ganged-up to rig him out of office. these same people support, maybe out of ignorance or cowardice, this current entrapment by merely mouthing their wish for liberation.
I think the Igbo struggle shall remain, to consistently educate and possibly prod the so-called south south to support a country of equity and justice or we go our separate ways. A country where the Igbo will find it easier to import his goods from PH or Calabar seaports with revenues accruing directly to the land owners than hundreds of kilometres from Lagos, a country where the airports in the SE/SS which have the highest passengers can travel outside directly, a country where power projects executed in Akwa Ibom, Afam, Omoku, Aba or Oji River ore huge coal deposits in Enugu serve the people directly as in South Africa and not to be frustrated, a where the industrial potentials of the SE will be unleashed for massive exports, country where the oil producing areas of Igboland and the so-called minority areas enjoy their resources.
All my South South people don’t allow these agents of divide and rule, who do not see beyond their noses to mislead you with all these divisive crap of ‘our own state’, ‘our SS’. We must restructure Nigeria for the good of SS/SE!
CC: Abagworo, Ugomba, Ikechu1278.

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Ogbuefi2020: 11:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
This is the story of political relationship between a local champion (Awolowo) and a complete nonentity (Ikoli) that happend in a certain sectional enclave. The most fruitful Yoruba-Ijaw political relationship is the one between OBJ and GEJ which was at the national level. Only the central govt creates states or regions, Awolowo was not at the central govt when midwest was created, it was created by Balewa and Zik. No hyping or attaching an irrelevant Ijaw man will change the fact that Awolowo was a confirmed local champion. His last attempt to come up was finally squashed by a Fulani-Igbo collabo of Shagari and Ekwueme after which he drank rat poison. Obasanjo remain the most sucessful yoruba politician, GEJ remain the most sucessful Ijaw politician, both have something in common, they worked with every part of the country.
I state who the local champion and the unknown man is in this my earlier post
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by pazienza(m): 11:43pm On Dec 18, 2015
Anyway, I was given a long ban by Seun and his mods on account of their new law. I had to watch proceedings on NL from the sidelines for days, especially this particular topic.

I was extremely impressed by the rebuttals the Igbos here gave to that Igbo hating Ijaw man and his new found Yoruba friends, you lots were indeed formidable, I was laughing all through.

Ikechuku takes no prisoners at all.

Anyway, I will soon be leaving NL permanently in a few days, I have been forced to use other platforms to continue this our fight against those who would wish to re write our history and paint the Igbo black.

But I am overjoyed to know that Igbo interests and integrity will always be violently protected here by a formidable Igbo unit that is well armed with all the requisite info needed for such task.

I am also grateful to NL and Seun for affording me the opportunity to be a part of this forum, I learnt alot from this forum.

I had wanted to deactivate my account, but on a second thought I decided to leave it intact, for posterity sake.
For those who would miss me, look no farther for me, for you will find me in all pro rising sun forums around,under the same pazienza moniker.

May heaven free all lovers of freedom
And ensnare all haters of freedom, Isee!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ruhbbish upon Rubbish!

What did we get from eastern region? Oh, we keep being reminded of our 'minority' status and pushed to the background despite having the 4th and 5th largest ethnic group in Nigeria (Ijaw and Ibibio). Our demand for COR region was rebuffed by the Igbo leadership despite having the blessings of the North and Awo. Our Midwest brothers on the other hand got a ministry to manage. What did we get? Nothing!

I know how bittered the eastern region leadership was when Gowon/Awo gave us Rivers state... And how happy we were.

Yes, we got the 13% Courtesy Abacha, we got the onshore-offshore dichotomy law amended, coutesy Obasanjo and Ghali Na'aba. We got NDDC, courtesy Obasanjo. We got ND Ministry(Yar'adua), Vice Presidency(Obj) and Presidency(Obj). Not forgeting additional three states courtesy Northern leaders. What is your problem?

The problem is that you are seriously disturbed, the reason I don't know but I don't care.

By the way, we(SS) have always had Good relationship with the yorubas and the north. It wasn't all that smooth but at the same time not hate filled. As for your Igbo agitation, I will advice that you define what you want. But note that you can't 'drag' us into a republic with you as we have our own agenda. Yes, we seek fiscal autonomy and build relationship with others.

As you can see from the responses of NDeltans so far, we speak in one voice on this issue.

BTW: You can as well call the entire IPOB crew...

Kponkwem:

@Tonyebacanista, look at what a supposed informed person put up as proof of political correctness or acceptability of the North and West of ‘our SS’ as opposed to the SE’s perceived attitude. Somebody posted here: ‘I see no wisdom in the South South’ some months ago, and I now really see reason with him. And to think that some of these people, who are so ignorant, were sired by Igbo mothers but still appear unreasonable is very shocking.
A Hausa-Fulani created your division-infused state with 0% resource control- it took yeas of militancy and the various spat between old eastern leaders and northerners to raise it to 13%, see: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/how-ojukwu-fought-for-13-derivation-odili/. A Yorubaman gave you a tokenistic NDDC while continuing the oil and gas exploitation and flaring despoliating the environment and setting the stage for future earthquakes. See: http://www.cnbc.com/2015/04/27/scientists-certain-that-drilling-is-causing-earthquakes.html
I am disturbed, like Abagworo, that despite the friendship and love the core easterners show the SS, many of the actually less informed people keep posting trash to create unnecessary diversion from the main issues of development and prosperity. These same people saw nothing wrong with people who stoned their so-called only presidential son and ganged-up to rig him out of office. these same people support, maybe out of ignorance or cowardice, this current entrapment by merely mouthing their wish for liberation.
I think the Igbo struggle shall remain, to consistently educate and possibly prod the so-called south south to support a country of equity and justice or we go our separate ways. A country where the Igbo will find it easier to import his goods from PH or Calabar seaports with revenues accruing directly to the land owners than hundreds of kilometres from Lagos, a country where the airports in the SE/SS which have the highest passengers can travel outside directly, a country where power projects executed in Akwa Ibom, Afam, Omoku, Aba or Oji River ore huge coal deposits in Enugu serve the people directly as in South Africa and not to be frustrated, a where the industrial potentials of the SE will be unleashed for massive exports, country where the oil producing areas of Igboland and the so-called minority areas enjoy their resources.
All my South South people don’t allow these agents of divide and rule, who do not see beyond their noses to mislead you with all these divisive crap of ‘our own state’, ‘our SS’. We must restructure Nigeria for the good of SS/SE!
CC: Abagworo, Ugomba, Ikechu1278.

5 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
Whoever is unsatisfied with this thread should schedule a trip to Akure for some flogging session!

10 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by aljharem(m): 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Whoever is unsatisfied with this thread should schedule a trip to Akure for some flogging session!

Hehehe

But why would they not be satisfied. This thread is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:03am On Dec 19, 2015
aljharem:

Hehehe

But why would they not be satisfied. This thread is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry
That's what I don't know. What exactly is their problem? The other time, Wike decided to honor Gowon on behalf of rivers people for his contribution to Rivers state, these same people that had no bond with Rivers state went about lamenting. Now, this thread that is about Ijaw-Yoruba is again causing them to lament.

They always want the SS to hate the Yorubas and North and some came hard on me when I said neither Yoruba nor north is our problem. Do they want us to be at war with Awo when we have no reason to? Again, what is their problem?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Tequilah: 12:04am On Dec 19, 2015
DiademSh07:

And who told you Asaba is more midwest than the Ijaw, Bini et al?
Last I checked, the then Bendel state was seeking for ways to join the ibo kins in the midwest with their brethren in the east!
As an iJaw man, Barcanista has more right to speak on the mid western state that you parasitic Asaba man!

Good question! cheesy And valid point! You deserve a criminally chilled bottle of the best non-alcoholic beverage in town, for this observation...

The only question I want to ask is this: why do some chaps on this thread still think they can win an argument using name-calling and insulting epithets, on those who do not share their perspective..?? Answers, anyone? shocked

6 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 12:07am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

See thus buffoon monkey. It is hilarious you quoting Igho who I quoted as well and you deemed, what did you call them all again? Oh yeah that is right, "Unreliable source"

Anyway, fool I'll repeat exactly WTF I said again
DO NOT REWRITE MY HISTORY. I can tolerate your miserable sef running your mouth on other BS history you are clueless on. I can tolerate that but one thing, i refuse to tolerate is your brain dead sef running your worthless mouth on a history I'm proud of. Your tribalistic snake of Awolowo did not give any assistance in the creation of Midwest. The snake opposed it despite he's pretense of support on the media. Akintola was the only one among the two that changed his opinion, albeit his change was also a pretense.

Here, READ. LEARN HOW TO F2king READ cause what I'm about to post I already posted it earlier with links associating to

http://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/group/discussion?id=2971192%3ATopic%3A98288

This exact statement I just reposted was on this thread several pages. While I'm at it, this exact information was from OMOIGUI.

If you don't know anything, keep your mouth shut.

As for the man you keep insulting for stating it was NCNC and NPC assisted mid west parties in actualizing Mid west is an itsekiri. The same mofos you nigg@s pretend to be all over NL. Unlike "WE deltans" on NL he's actually a verifiable delta individual. An educated professor. Unlike your worthless self his opinions and statements matters and make more impact than your BS. In addition, he is better than you in EVERY ramifications. Unlike you, he actually has a brain. Something you'll NEVER EVER in a billion years get in that your miserable life. In addition, NONE of what he wrote are conjectures dimwit. Everything he wrote is verified by also every other individual i quoted. EVERYTHING he wrote is a DIRECT FACT. Now swerve

While I'm at it, WTF do East got to do with me? Let SE Igbo and minorities battling it out on that. Do I look like I give a rat @ss? Is it part of my history? When it becomes part of my history then I'll care. I do care about you yoloba fools rewriting mid west history though because that's my history. Enyi
I told you already to stop posting irrelevant sources!
As a matter of fact, I don't care who the Bleep wrote that piece, if he's not Igho nor Omoigui!
The reality on ground is that these true historians never allude to the rubbish you keep posting!
Another fact is that under Awolowo's reign, a body/group was formed to cater to the needs of the Mid western! And it was this same body/group that clamour for their independence before it was eventually supported by the West, North and the East, this can't be said for the Eastern region and its minorities! Hence, this put down the notion that the West, most especially, Awolowo never supported the Mid west creation!
And let this sink into your dull-head, no one is rewriting any history, it's you choosing whatever tale you want to believe!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by aljharem(m): 12:21am On Dec 19, 2015
Always hating on Yorubas cry cry cry cry cry

God Bless the Yoruba Nation
God bless the lovers of Yorubas
God bless the Ijaw Nation
God bless the Igbo Nation as well and pray they find a place in their heart to love the yorubas genuinely.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by ola6: 12:26am On Dec 19, 2015
aljharem:
Always hating on Yorubas cry cry cry cry cry
God Bless the Yoruba Nation
God bless the lovers of Yorubas
God bless the Ijaw Nation
God bless the Igbo Nation as well and pray they find a[b] place in their heart to love the yorubas genuinely.[/b]

We don't need their love because it is worth less than dirt. Who needs the love of a person who doesn't wish you well? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by DiademSh07: 12:27am On Dec 19, 2015
ikechu1278:

Oh really? Provide a direct quote from me where I said sweetlemon was busted by a picture of herself and another person claiming Yoruba like the case of mulattoclaro. Provide it NOW. I'll be waiting.

Always lying through your teeth. Do the world a favour and just go and die. You're a terrible disease waiting to become an epidemic
LOL!
I don't need to go through your onenaira's posts to ascertain that you kept bringing up @sweetlemon's twitter and facebook page, with the notion that they are fake I'd!
You're a clown, I swear!

1 Like

Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by paramakina202: 12:32am On Dec 19, 2015
Why una dey argue with this good for nothing attention seeker who obviously wants to patronise yorubas this time around?
Re: Ikoli-Awolowo Relationship: Ijaw-Yoruba Political Relationship by Kponkwem(m): 12:33am On Dec 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Ruhbbish upon Rubbish!

What did we get from eastern region? Oh, we keep being reminded of our 'minority' status and pushed to the background despite having the 4th and 5th largest ethnic group in Nigeria (Ijaw and Ibibio). Our demand for COR region was rebuffed by the Igbo leadership despite having the blessings of the North and Awo. Our Midwest brothers on the other hand got a ministry to manage. What did we get? Nothing!

I know how bittered the eastern region leadership was when Gowon/Awo gave us Rivers state... And how happy we were.

Yes, we got the 13% Courtesy Abacha, we got the onshore-offshore dichotomy law amended, coutesy Obasanjo and Ghali Na'aba. We got NDDC, courtesy Obasanjo. We got ND Ministry(Yar'adua), Vice Presidency(Obj) and Presidency(Obj). Not forgeting additional three states courtesy Northern leaders. What is your problem?

The problem is that you are seriously disturbed, the reason I don't know but I don't care.

By the way, we(SS) have always had Good relationship with the yorubas and the north. It wasn't all that smooth but at the same time not hate filled. As for your Igbo agitation, I will advice that you define what you want. But note that you can't 'drag' us into a republic with you as we have our own agenda. Yes, we seek fiscal autonomy and build relationship with others.

As you can see from the responses of NDeltans so far, we speak in one voice on this issue.

BTW: You can as well call the entire IPOB crew...

Hei, look up here and see that nobody is dragging you into anything, but those who toed this path of 'we SS' from Boro to Wiwa, died disgracefully. We know you and your ilk have tried to re-write the history of Rivers State and PH. We know what is at stake and we will not allow our people, the Ikwerres, Etche, Obigbo, Ahoada, Orashi etc to be entraped in all these divisive concoctions. http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2007/sep/041.html
ANNOUNCE THIS ARTICLE
TO YOUR FRIENDS
BEYOND THE CULTISTS, LIES THE STRUGGLE FOR PORT HARCOURT

ort-Harcourt, the erstwhile "Garden City" of Nigeria is a city of historical complexities. It blossomed into an industrial centre under the administration of the Governor of the defunct Eastern region, the Late Dr. Michael Iheonukara Okpara.

With the aim of creating a rival Lagos of Eastern Nigeria, Okpara, envisioned and transferred the then Shell-BP Head quarters from Owerri to Port-Harcourt, built the Presidential Hotel and the Trans-Amadi industrial layout among other high profile projects. Trans-Amadi, It will be recalled remains the biggest industrial layout East of the Niger..

While the City continued its positive progression in the 60s, the aborigines, Ikwerre, a subset of the Igbo, felt dominated and sidelined by the other Igbos. The Mayoral seat of Port-Harcourt was one of their major grievances, a position occupied then by an Oguta native, Mr. Nzimiro.

It happened that when the Igbo-led Biafran secession failed, the victorious Gen. Yakubu Gowon refused to allow them, the Ikwerres, to be a part of the new Rivers state. Led by Eze Frank Ekeh and Elechi Amadi, It took them to renounce their Igbo identity to be accepted in the new state. Hence, the Ikwerre clan of the old Owerri division, left the political camp of their kinsmen to sojourn with other groups in the newly created Rivers state.

The lures of being allowed in one of the victorious states was irresistible. To the Ikwerre, It was the safest bet; a camouflage from their spited kinsmen in the East Central state. Though the Ijaw played an active role in the early part of the war before defecting to the federal side; a time the Biafran Air force was headed by one of their sons, in the person of Col. George Kurubo. But The fact that the Ikwerres had to plead to be a part of the new state, watered down their psychological ability to engage in an assertive political partnership with the new powerful Ijaw. Thus, the Ijaw, whom Yakubu Gowon handed the reins of power in Port-Harcourt in 1970, held the Ikwerre spell bound, and in the process, dictated the affairs of Port-Harcourt and the new state in general.

With ethnic renouncement firmly secured by Gen Gowon from the Ikwerres, the Houses belonging to other Igbo groups were summarily ceased. Labeled abandoned property. And that was it.

One Barrister Uche Okwukwu, an Ikwerre and Pan Igbo activist, restated that 97 percent of the ceased Igbo houses in Port-Harcourt were bequeathed to the Ijaws. An advantage that will naturally repudiate reconciliation, and which can only stir anxiety to the benefactors when the word reconciliation is mentioned.

The Ijaw having established their political presence in a city hitherto controlled by the Igbo, ruled and effected changes that were meant to whittle down the Igbo presence within and outside the city of port-Harcourt. It continued till 1996 when the political map of the state was redrawn with the creation of Bayelsa out of Rivers state, and with the Capital in the marshlands of Yenogoa.

Bayelsa state, with a population of 1.7 Million and a registered voters' population of 500,000 in the last elections, represents the largest segment of the Ijaw population in Nigeria. Like any other group, most Ijaw welcomed the creation of the state. But a minority of their leaders have yet to come to terms with the creation of Bayelsa state which has robbed the Ijaw the control of Port-Harcourt. A state creation that has reduced the Ijaw population in the new Rivers state, and which can at best give them the Deputy gubernatorial seat in the state.

So, beyond the present cult problem lies the unspoken struggle for Port-Harcourt between the conservative Ijaw elements and the upland people. The political control of the city, like in the past 40 years has once again changed. This time not in the favor of the Ijaw, but to the group referred to linguistically by the Rivers state government as Igbo-id. (Igbo speaking). Dr. Peter Odili emerged from this group, and who is now followed by Celestine Ngozichim Omehia.

It is believed that the hawks within the Ijaw, wants nothing but an Ijaw to emerge the Governor of Rivers state. This group, led by the indefatigable Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark from Delta state, has been calling endlessly for a complete state of emergency. By this, they aim to dethrone Celestine Omehia, have a military man takeover in the interim, and hopefully with the Ijaw hierarchy in the army, influence the return of an Ijaw in the Brick House Port-Harcourt as Governor.

But In response to Chief Edwin Clark's insistence on a state of emergency in Rivers State, Celestine Omehia bluntly reminded him that "Rivers state of today is only 20 percent reverine", referring to the Ijaw. Indirectly telling Clark that his intentions are mere pipe dreams. The implication of all these, is the gradual destruction of the post civil war grouping called "Rivers people", and the drawing of the attention of the wider Igbo in defense of the Igbo speaking group in Rivers state.

The Ikwerre seem to have realized that there fears of domination by fellow Igbos might have been baseless, as the post war creation of more states has not witnessed intra-ethnic interference in political or financial matters within Igbo states. Nigeria being an ethnic based society, the need to have an associate close home has become more pertinent than ever for the Ikwerre.

On his inception as Governor of Rivers State, one of Omehia's first visits out side Rivers state was to Owerri, Imo state, where he met with Chief Ikedi Ohakim. At the meeting the two leaders spoke extensively on the need to revive the historical links between the two peoples. An idea that may not have gone down well with some Ijaw hawks.

While the Ijaw may claim to have a stake in Port-Harcourt and Rivers state as a whole, the challenges of a multicultural entity, are that which which calls for an umbrella socio-cultural body for the upland people in Rivers state.

A body like that of ANIOMA , formed by the Igbos of Delta state, may help the Igbos of Rivers state rise to the occasion. The disharmony in Rivers state is real. Special interest groups are digging in for a long haul. Like the city of Warri, the problem in Port Harcourt seem to be just starting. Beyond the cultists, lies the struggle for the city.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft / Why Buhari Is Seen To Be Underperforming, His Govt Is Hijacked - Lawal Idris / Wike Maintains Lead, Wins Additional Four LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.