Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,420 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) (30022 Views)

Most Girls Cause Their Relationship To Fail Becos Of Stubornness / Guys Are The Major Reason Most Ladies Are Still Single- Emusmith / Tight-Corner Situations Lovers Put Their Partners Through:Emusmith & Oliviaarims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Cutehector(m): 12:42am On Jan 01, 2016
dollyjoy:
that is the problem wink
where is my new year gift cheesy
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by RAKITIC: 12:46am On Jan 01, 2016
adeh39:
Hehehehe grin grin grin
Nice one ops cheesy
Erm...Naijaboiy tongue
happy new year
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 01, 2016
misspicy:
This will be interesting cheesy

who is gonna be my date?
we already dating na.......y u asking dis again?
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by dollyjoy(f): 1:00am On Jan 01, 2016
Cutehector:
where is my new year gift cheesy
cheesycheesycheesycheesy take itwink
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Cutehector(m): 1:01am On Jan 01, 2016
dollyjoy:
cheesycheesycheesycheesy take itwink
take wat? In kind jor... Is nor ur laff i will eat
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by dollyjoy(f): 1:05am On Jan 01, 2016
Cutehector:
take wat? In kind jor... Is nor ur laff i will eat
winkwink

wait small,u will see it any moment from nowwink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by eROCK247(m): 1:31am On Jan 01, 2016
misspicy:
This will be interesting cheesy

who is gonna be my date?
let me have the honour
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by firstking01(m): 1:55am On Jan 01, 2016
safarigirl:
they haven't been very successful. No need asking

Like someone said, there are no guidelines to being in a relationship or falling in love, just be you and pray you find someone who loves the crazy, loud, opinionated you, someone who makes you laugh when you're mad, smile when you're sad and is willing to go bungee-jumping off third mainland bridge with you grin
wow..ayam thrilled...can u do all these for me cry...and i'd give u d deepest part of my heartsad
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by safarigirl(f): 1:57am On Jan 01, 2016
firstking01:
wow..ayam thrilled...can u do all these for me cry...and i'd give u d deepest part of my heartsad
ain't bungee-jumping for nobody, I have a fear of heights grin
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 1:57am On Jan 01, 2016
RAKITIC:
happy new year

Happy new year dear kiss kiss kiss
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by firstking01(m): 2:05am On Jan 01, 2016
safarigirl:
lol...u knw u need to try new adventures grin
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by firstking01(m): 2:08am On Jan 01, 2016
safarigirl:
lol...u knw u need to try new adventures grin...
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by zejov: 2:10am On Jan 01, 2016
What matter d most is understanding.
All dat will not wrk if ur partner has no understanding.. FROM EXPERIENCE SHA!
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by GreatManBee: 2:10am On Jan 01, 2016
emusmith:
Sub-Topic
10 Areas Guys And Ladies Should Work on In Their Relationship (Emusmith Vs Oliviarism)

Hi everyone. In few hours time, we will be entering into the New Year. Looking back, there were pleasant and unpleasant scenarios in our relationships.
Oliviaarims and I, Emusmith, in this Collabo-thread wants to pinpoint some areas in our relationships, both Guys and Ladies should pay closer attention to in this coming year 2016.

Without much ado, from the Guy's Angle I'll list 10 areas:

Guy's Angle:

1. Guys, devote more time to understanding your lady.

Different strokes for different chicks. She needs you to understand what she isn't saying. If you love her, you will won't fail her.

2. Don't take her love for granted
If you think you can now misbehave just because you've gotten her to fall in love with you; that's childish and immature, with all due respect. Instead, love her and say it often. That fertilizes relationships.

3. Be open to your girl.

Let her trust you. Lying tells her you ain't ready to trust her. Start from the small things to the big ones.

4. Don't be a player who sleeps around: but one that takes responsibility

Don't be a "player" who sleeps around. Responsibility is one thing you can't dodge if you wanna tread this path.

5. Arguing with her is an error.

Ignore her rash words. Ladies can talk. Two wrongs can't make a right. Be the man. Be the bigger person.

6. Enticing her with money and not being able to maintain that is foolishness

I would suggest you be plain and not exaggerate. Let her know your worth when you notice her commitment to the relationship.

7. Surprises can be wrongly-timed

She likes surprises but ensure it's at the right time. Don't take her to a place without pre-informing her of "her roles". That's will be an embarrassment.

8. Spend on her

Have you heard? You can give without loving but you can't love without giving. If you love her, you won't have to let her ask everything. If you're not giving her, you're giving someone else.

9. Effective Communication

Talk to her before making major/minor decisions. It tells her you care. Sometimes say, "I'm telling you firsthand, haven't told anyone else." She becomes you confidante. Your shelter, so to speak.

10. Learn not to remind her of her past when there is a quarrel

This is so unfair. Nothing hurts as much as this. Let her know that you love her despite her past life. Please do.

Thank you. #Hands the mic over to Olivia#

Olivia: Yes, nice points. smiley
Relationships are a vital part of human existence, man necessarily being a social animal.
It's however a bit unfortunate that some people just don't seem to get it right. They go into countless relationships, which almost never lasts longer than the flicker of a candle light before it dies off.

From the Girl's Angle.

1. Be Indispensable:

Don't make yourself unnecessarily scarce, because soon enough, he'll fill up the role you were supposed to be playing. That holds him down.

2. Be Polite.

Some girls are just naturally rude and uncourteous in their manner of talking. Know how to make your requests, without making them sound like commands.

3. Be Calm

Listen. When there's an argument between u two and he's saying something, that shouldn't be the time for u to be struggling to be heard too. Remain calm and allow him finish talking before u say your piece.

4. Apologize.

When u find out that you're at fault, be quick to apologise and do it with all sincerity.

5. Make an effort to be truthful.

The more lies u tell, the less likely he'll trust u. But when u make it a point of duty to tell the truth always, he'd always give u the benefit of doubt whenever something fishy comes up.

6. Make him your buddy.

Make your significant other your realest buddy. Begin to see him as a friend. Tell him everything that can be told, even if it seems irrelevant. It would make for better understanding, closer bond,things to always talk about and fun in your relationship.

7. Don't flaunt your toasters in his face.

He already knows that you're bound to have a couple of guys wooing u. You could even discuss some of them with him and laugh together over funny pick up lines. But know the difference between telling him about your toasters for the sake of fun and flaunting it in his face to make him feel jealous and insecure.

8. Watch his ego in public.

When he's in public with you or in a gathering of friends, be careful what u say or do. It would be really embarrassing if you ignore him and perhaps turn your attention elsewhere. Let him have your full attention always. Try to take his side and defend him in an argument. 

9. Pay Close attention to the things he always wants you to do and those he doesn't want.

Being in a relationship is very much about compromise. Definitely, there would be certain things you do which pisses him off and which he's made known to you. Work on avoiding doing these things and instead doing the things he likes.

10. Lastly, quit the "forming."

Like seriously, we girls like to form a lot. I agree it's necessary in certain occasions, but there's really no need doing that with your significant other. Let him know that you're his "personal person".. No styling, no fronting. Feel free to fart in his presence (but please, not after eating beans and egg). Eat eba with him. Get into a bus with him if he can't afford a cab at that point in time.. Go to the market with him to buy foodstuffs. Buy ur ice-fish freely. U can't cook with chicken and beef all the time.

Above all, try to be original and have the mindset of making your relationship work. The mind really, is the starting point.

Emusmith: Well said Oliviaarims, the mind is the starting point. Love starts from the mind and ends through our actions. In this year, 2016, let's do all we can to making sure our relationships stay stronger, heading towards marriage.

Happy New Year in advance!
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Elxandre(m): 2:14am On Jan 01, 2016
Errrmmm... are you guys dating

1 Like

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by safarigirl(f): 2:23am On Jan 01, 2016
firstking01:
lol...u knw u need to try new adventures grin...
yes, maybe rock climbing, but ain't no negro tryna get killed by jumping off a bridge with nothing but a rope tied to your waist.

That is attempted suicide and is unlawful in some countries
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by firstking01(m): 2:32am On Jan 01, 2016
safarigirl:
yes, maybe rock climbing, but ain't no negro tryna get killed by jumping off a bridge with nothing but a rope tied to your waist.

That is attempted suicide and is unlawful in some countries
if i dnt do all these...hw do i proof my love for u cry
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Gloryblossom(f): 2:32am On Jan 01, 2016
I pray I find good love this year.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by 4C2215131: 2:33am On Jan 01, 2016
RexKex:
Like I will Always Say/Type; There are No laid Down Principles For Things like This! No Routine! No Law!

Just let things Go "Naturally. The ONE meant for you will Stick with You NO MATTER WHAT.

Word! Always maintained there are no "one-fits-all" guidelines when it comes to matters of the heart and the battle of the sexes. You just take it as it comes and let it ride learning your lessons on the go.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by henryhemon(m): 2:34am On Jan 01, 2016
After all these donts and dos I wonder who pays heed to them.
Gloryblossom:
I pray I find good love this year.

Love is everywhere depends on where you are looking at or your own definition of love.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by safarigirl(f): 2:36am On Jan 01, 2016
firstking01:
if i dnt do all these...hw do i proof my love for u cry
you can't prove anything by killing yourself. We'll just open a thread on NL to laugh at you
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by firstking01(m): 2:38am On Jan 01, 2016
safarigirl:
you can't prove anything by killing yourself. We'll just open a thread on NL to laugh at you
oh really?,,,owk, tel me hw to win ur hear?
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by 4C2215131: 2:38am On Jan 01, 2016
henryhemon:
After all these donts and dos I wonder who pays heed to them.

Sometimes, one gets confused with all manner of shoulds and shouldn't.

Just follow the true inclinations of your heart thatbis regulated by the thoughts of your mind as left to the heart alone, one would almost definitely end up in a cul de sac on love street.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 01, 2016
Melancholy:
Wow! What a perfect collabo of emusmith and olivia. Ending the year with evergreen relationship update. Thanks.

smiley
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by henryhemon(m): 2:41am On Jan 01, 2016
My advise is once the peeps involved are sincere then relationships will be great and interesting,once one party is playing games forget it no law will make it work,no matter how nice you are to the insincere party it won't work. So law or no guide works on sincerity.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 01, 2016
ronald4lif:

Haha nwanne, I don try to find loopholes for una work but I no see any. The piece is faultless and it's an evidence to the popular aphorism that two heads are better than one. Respect to you guys.

cool
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 01, 2016
wristbangle:

cheesycheesy

Lol baba nothing to counter na, that's why people agreed to his article.

Unlike me and tosyne2much. People go dey tackle us like say we kill person angry

Nice one emusmith. Bros, the market value of oliviaarims don increase since the interview oo. Never knew we have such prodigy ladies on NL. wink

Market value ke! What am I selling? Lol
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by henryhemon(m): 2:45am On Jan 01, 2016
4C2215131:

Sometimes, one gets confused with all manner of shoulds and shouldn't.

Just follow the true inclinations of your heart thatbis regulated by the thoughts of your mind as left to the heart alone, one would almost definitely end up in a cul de sac on love street.

Those dos and d on'ts people still carry them out but get heart broken. So yes I go with you.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by safarigirl(f): 2:47am On Jan 01, 2016
firstking01:
oh really?,,,owk, tel me hw to win ur hear?
i don't have one
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 01, 2016
firstking01:
I just tire @times....funny enough, we give good advice and most times we open inspiring and educated threads like dis, bt our own relationship in real life is nt just working...wat could possibily be the cause undecided

Not following one's own advice .. Or perhaps totally missing out on one very vital key peculiar to a given relationship.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 2:53am On Jan 01, 2016
badonkadonk:
10things 10that 10this.. Whatever happened to just living your life...?

Relationships are not built on guidelines biko...

Even God himself knows that the world he created no straight forward... Na we human beings just wan force am make e straight.. Little wonder why the world has refused to be a better place... People have gotten how it feels not to live a regimental life..

Live your life and make God it's center... Simple!

Nobody said life is lived solely on guidelines. But there's no negating the fact that certain rules are basic in different life endeavours... Relationships not excluded. And of course, not everything is applicable to everybody. For those it applies to, all well and good, they should learn... For those it doesn't, we can only hope and pray they find what works for them.

So, don't sweat it. We all know life isn't all black and white.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 3:00am On Jan 01, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Nonsense.... y'all should just stop already Biko!.....life is not about 10 things and 10that.....

Sure, life isn't all about 10things. It could be a hundred, a thousand. Could even be just one basic thing.. But there isn't any harm in getting to know a couple of them now, is there? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Adekunle Gold Said About Simi In 2018. Sahara TV Interview (Video) / He Has A Girlfriend But Does Not Want To Let Me Go / Aliyu Giwa Releases His Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.