Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) (30026 Views)

Most Girls Cause Their Relationship To Fail Becos Of Stubornness / Guys Are The Major Reason Most Ladies Are Still Single- Emusmith / Tight-Corner Situations Lovers Put Their Partners Through:Emusmith & Oliviaarims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:20am On Jan 01, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Common sense.. Yea.. To u. It's very scarce for some ppl.. Nothing common about it

okay o..."konteynew" with the ministry......happy new year grin
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 01, 2016
emusmith:
Ok
+sigh+ ok, maybe i sounded too harsh. I didn't mean to enrage you. Happy New year.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Aminat508(f): 11:30am On Jan 01, 2016
Neyoor:
Aminat508. Come and learn from this words of reproof o. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Meanwhile, Happy New Year Dear! Emi a se pupo reh oooooo kiss kiss kiss
lmao, where is my pen? grin cheesy

Thanks dear.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 01, 2016
sylvalord:
+sigh+ ok, maybe i sounded too harsh. I didn't mean to enrage you. Happy New year.
Happy new year too.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Localamos(m): 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
RexKex:
Like I will Always Say/Type; There are No laid Down Principles For Things like This! No Routine! No Law!

Just let things Go "Naturally. The ONE meant for you will Stick with You NO MATTER WHAT.

On point.
However, you must first discover yourself and be true to yourself. You must accept your person and love yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

okay o..."konteynew" with the ministry......happy new year grin
Same to u..
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by poik(m): 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
emusmith:
Sub-Topic
10 Areas Guys And Ladies Should Work on In Their Relationship (Emusmith Vs Oliviarism)

Hi everyone. In few hours time, we will be entering into the New Year. Looking back, there were pleasant and unpleasant scenarios in our relationships.
Oliviaarims and I, Emusmith, in this Collabo-thread wants to pinpoint some areas in our relationships, both Guys and Ladies should pay closer attention to in this coming year 2016.

Without much ado, from the Guy's Angle I'll list 10 areas:

Guy's Angle:

1. Guys, devote more time to understanding your lady.

Different strokes for different chicks. She needs you to understand what she isn't saying. If you love her, you will won't fail her.

2. Don't take her love for granted
If you think you can now misbehave just because you've gotten her to fall in love with you; that's childish and immature, with all due respect. Instead, love her and say it often. That fertilizes relationships.

3. Be open to your girl.

Let her trust you. Lying tells her you ain't ready to trust her. Start from the small things to the big ones.

4. Don't be a player who sleeps around: but one that takes responsibility

Don't be a "player" who sleeps around. Responsibility is one thing you can't dodge if you wanna tread this path.

5. Arguing with her is an error.

Ignore her rash words. Ladies can talk. Two wrongs can't make a right. Be the man. Be the bigger person.

6. Enticing her with money and not being able to maintain that is foolishness

I would suggest you be plain and not exaggerate. Let her know your worth when you notice her commitment to the relationship.

7. Surprises can be wrongly-timed

She likes surprises but ensure it's at the right time. Don't take her to a place without pre-informing her of "her roles". That's will be an embarrassment.

8. Spend on her

Have you heard? You can give without loving but you can't love without giving. If you love her, you won't have to let her ask everything. If you're not giving her, you're giving someone else.

9. Effective Communication

Talk to her before making major/minor decisions. It tells her you care. Sometimes say, "I'm telling you firsthand, haven't told anyone else." She becomes you confidante. Your shelter, so to speak.

10. Learn not to remind her of her past when there is a quarrel

This is so unfair. Nothing hurts as much as this. Let her know that you love her despite her past life. Please do.

Thank you. #Hands the mic over to Olivia#

Olivia: Yes, nice points. smiley
Relationships are a vital part of human existence, man necessarily being a social animal.
It's however a bit unfortunate that some people just don't seem to get it right. They go into countless relationships, which almost never lasts longer than the flicker of a candle light before it dies off.

From the Girl's Angle.

1. Be Indispensable:

Don't make yourself unnecessarily scarce, because soon enough, he'll fill up the role you were supposed to be playing. That holds him down.

2. Be Polite.

Some girls are just naturally rude and uncourteous in their manner of talking. Know how to make your requests, without making them sound like commands.

3. Be Calm

Listen. When there's an argument between u two and he's saying something, that shouldn't be the time for u to be struggling to be heard too. Remain calm and allow him finish talking before u say your piece.

4. Apologize.

When u find out that you're at fault, be quick to apologise and do it with all sincerity.

5. Make an effort to be truthful.

The more lies u tell, the less likely he'll trust u. But when u make it a point of duty to tell the truth always, he'd always give u the benefit of doubt whenever something fishy comes up.

6. Make him your buddy.

Make your significant other your realest buddy. Begin to see him as a friend. Tell him everything that can be told, even if it seems irrelevant. It would make for better understanding, closer bond,things to always talk about and fun in your relationship.

7. Don't flaunt your toasters in his face.

He already knows that you're bound to have a couple of guys wooing u. You could even discuss some of them with him and laugh together over funny pick up lines. But know the difference between telling him about your toasters for the sake of fun and flaunting it in his face to make him feel jealous and insecure.

8. Watch his ego in public.

When he's in public with you or in a gathering of friends, be careful what u say or do. It would be really embarrassing if you ignore him and perhaps turn your attention elsewhere. Let him have your full attention always. Try to take his side and defend him in an argument. 

9. Pay Close attention to the things he always wants you to do and those he doesn't want.

Being in a relationship is very much about compromise. Definitely, there would be certain things you do which pisses him off and which he's made known to you. Work on avoiding doing these things and instead doing the things he likes.

10. Lastly, quit the "forming."

Like seriously, we girls like to form a lot. I agree it's necessary in certain occasions, but there's really no need doing that with your significant other. Let him know that you're his "personal person".. No styling, no fronting. Feel free to fart in his presence (but please, not after eating beans and egg). Eat eba with him. Get into a bus with him if he can't afford a cab at that point in time.. Go to the market with him to buy foodstuffs. Buy ur ice-fish freely. U can't cook with chicken and beef all the time.

Above all, try to be original and have the mindset of making your relationship work. The mind really, is the starting point.

Emusmith: Well said Oliviaarims, the mind is the starting point. Love starts from the mind and ends through our actions. In this year, 2016, let's do all we can to making sure our relationships stay stronger, heading towards marriage.

Happy New Year in advance!
I agree with Emusmith's no 5, but only to an extent. Just because I am the man doesn't give her the right to behave anyhow or talk gibberish to me. They shouldn't get away with everything.
This not just about Africa, like it or not, at the risk of being chauvinistic, the woman is meant to calm down for the man. That is where the Scripture puts us. In Bible days, women were not counted; God did not recognise them. And the world was better for it. We only have to make the submission conducive and bearable for them. Exactly why should my wife insult me in an argument? Especially when things don't go the way SHE wants it?
And I should keep mum about it because I am the man? So it can graduate to a slap the next time?
Ruggedman said in that track My Swagger ft Ice Prince: 'gave her an inch and she took a f**ing acre.'
I expect most men to know that women do some of these things to test the waters of their boundaries. Even when they know the right thing or the truth.
I am not an advocate of violence, but sternly letting her know her place and paying the rent for the space.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2016
poik:

I agree with Emusmith's no 5, but only to an extent. Just because I am the man doesn't give her the right to behave anyhow or talk gibberish to me. They shouldn't get away with everything.
This not just about Africa, like it or not, at the risk of being chauvinistic, the woman is meant to calm down for the man. That is where the Scripture puts us. We only have to make the submission conducive and bearable for them. Exactly why should my wife insult me in an argument? Especially when things don't go the way SHE wants it?
Hmm, good one!
While that's so true, sometimes, keeping quiet wins an argument. "Silence is golden". I want to be the man that NEVER argues with his wife. Talks one, two, three... Then she understands. We will discuss but not argue. There is a thin line of demarcation.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2016
poik:

This not just about Africa, like it or not, at the risk of being chauvinistic, the woman is meant to calm down for the man. That is where the Scripture puts us. In Bible days, women were not counted; God did not recognise them. And the world was better for it. We only have to make the submission conducive and bearable for them. Exactly why should my wife insult me in an argument? Especially when things don't go the way SHE wants it?
And I should keep mum about it because I am the man? So it can graduate to a slap the next time?
Ruggedman said in that track My Swagger ft Ice Prince: 'gave her an inch and she took a f**ing acre.'
I expect most men to know that women do some of these things to test the waters of their boundaries. Even when they know the right thing or the truth.
I am not an advocate of violence, but sternly letting her know her place and paying the rent for the space.

Of course, u are correct... And I believe everyone knows wisdom is needed in the application of any rules whatsoever, because different ppl, different situations call for different tactics.

But being a man requires that u be the rational on when she's irate and being unnecessarily sentimental.. Not shouting her down and replying her word for word. Trust me, a lot of tact and patience is needed in dealing with women.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by poik(m): 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Of course, u are correct... And I believe everyone knows wisdom is needed in the application of any rules whatsoever, because different ppl, different situations call for different tactics.

But being a man requires that u be the rational on when she's irate and being unnecessarily sentimental.. Not shouting her down and replying her word for word. Trust me, a lot of tact and patience is needed in dealing with women.

I quite agree with u, but my foray around women has shown that they regard better, the man who knows his position and magnifies it(like Apostle Paul). You sef check am, u will see the truth in what am saying. These ajebutter men will only end up in her wrapperfolds,becoming a stooge of sorts with time. A woman is meant to look up to a man. When its an equal scenario or the other way round, its a cosmic imbalance.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Aminat508:
lmao, where is my pen? grin cheesy

Thanks dear.

It is inside ur bag now abi u gimme pen ni?

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by anumide(f): 12:47pm On Jan 01, 2016
emusmith & Oliviaarims? collabo thread? wow, 2016 looks interesting already. Tosyne2much waiting for your journal with 4 other nairalanders.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
poik:

I quite agree with u, but my foray around women has shown that they regard better, the man who knows his position and magnifies it(like Apostle Paul). You sef check am, u will see the truth in what am saying. These ajebutter men will only end up in her wrapperfolds,becoming a stooge of sorts with time. A woman is meant to look up to a man. When its an equal scenario or the other way round, its a cosmic imbalance.

Does a "king" as you implied, argue with his subjects or even wife? He doesn't. My point is: It's possible to be a husband without arguing with your wife: never in any way parallel to being weak. In fact, is it not "the more 'powerful', the less you have to speak?"

Argue with a woman at your own peril; engage her in slow but serious discussion. I think that works better.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by anumide(f): 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
emusmith & Oliviaarims? collabo thread? wow, 2016 looks interesting already. Tosyne2much waiting for your journal with 4 other nairalanders.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2016
anumide:
emusmith & Oliviaarims?
collabo thread?
wow, 2016 looks interesting already.
Tosyne2much waiting for your journal with 4 other nairalanders.

cheesy Thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2016
anumide:
Lol. Thanks. Maybe Tosyne2much will do a Collabo with 20others.

1 Like

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 01, 2016
poik:

I concur. Personally, I wouldn't like my man to be docile and excessively meek. I'd prefer sb who can challenge me without batting an eyelid and call me to order when I seem to be venturing too far.

I like a man who knows he's a man and acts as such.. Firm and authoritative.. But at the same time loving, understanding and respects his woman.

But there's a way these things are done, such that even in his calmness and refusal to trade words with her, he still reeks of strength and manliness.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
Nonsense post
Characteristics of a maga angry angry angry
Kai the world would not be much fun if everybody agrees to one thing angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Every body is just supporting the op angry
I don't like this thread.
No funny comment
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by tosyne2much(m): 1:43pm On Jan 01, 2016
anumide:
emus.mith & Olivi.aarims?
collabo thread?
wow, 2016 looks interesting already.
Tosyne2.much waiting for your journal with 4 other nairalanders.
It would be ready soon cool
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by AyamConfidence(m): 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Olivia e be like say this your collabo with Emusmith make sense...when u wan do another one better tell me unless i no go comment put o...i don tell you o
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
tosyne2much:
It would be ready soon cool
baba come and crate a thread we can ague about joor.
This thread is too peaceful angry angry
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
AyamConfidence:
Olivia e be like say this your collabo with Emusmith make sense...when u wan do another one better tell me unless i no go comment put o...i don tell you o

Lol. Yes, Sirrr!!!
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by tosyne2much(m): 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
Oliviaarims:

I will do a collabo with Oliviaarims tongue
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by AyamConfidence(m): 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol. Yes, Sirrr!!!
better pikin but i no joke o...i get valuable contributions too
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
oloyolo:
Nonsense post
Characteristics of a maga angry angry angry
Kai the world would not be much fun if everybody agrees to one thing angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Every body is just supporting the op angry
I don't like this thread.
No funny comment

Lol. At least ur comment sounds like a joke. So sb else who has the same thought as you may probably like it.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
AyamConfidence:
better pikin but i no joke o...i get valuable contributions too

Noted. smiley
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
tosyne2much:
I will do a collabo with Oliviaarims tongue

Lol. Testing me? Would be looking forward to it, though.
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by ronald4lif(m): 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
tosyne2much:
I will do a collabo with Olivia arims tongue

All these collabo you're sharing diaris godoo.

Oh lawd grant me the wisdom to open my first thread before this year runs out. angry
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by tosyne2much(m): 2:16pm On Jan 01, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol. Testing me? Would be looking forward to it, though.
I know the thread would generate massive traffic cheesy
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by tosyne2much(m): 2:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
ronald4lif:

All these collabo you're sharing diaris godoo.

Oh lawd grant me the wisdom to open my first thread before this year runs out. angry
Lemme give you a topic

11 Ways To Spot Kitty-cat Starved Dudes
Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by professore(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2016
Nice job from both OPs

1 Like

Re: 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) by ronald4lif(m): 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2016
tosyne2much:
Lemme give you a topic

11 Ways To Spot Kitty-cat Starved Dudes

cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up / Aliyu Giwa Releases His Pre-wedding Photos / Rahama Sadau Looks Radiant In Native Dress, Shares New Adorable Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.