Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria (11314 Views)

10 Most Powerful Smartphones In The World In Q1 2016, Chinese Brands Took Over / Tecno, The Highest Selling Mobile Brand In Nigeria Revealed / Top 5 Most Popular Mobile Phone Brands In Nigeria 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by BenKafor(m): 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
Tecno is q well known brand in Nigeria so I. Guess it's Tecno that's winning
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by BenKafor(m): 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
asuustrike2009:
Tecno anytime any day. Tecno have penetrated Nigeria market up to a point that Nokia bow. At least in every household in Nigeria, they use it especially the low income earners. What was their strategy? they produced a dual sim phone with some features in other java phones for example their torch light phone has the ability to snap photo, record video and even browse with it at an affordable price ( although not all ). At least someone earning N18,000 minimum wage can buy a phone worth N2,500 and still be able to solve other needs. secondly they understood the market that they made most Nigerians aware that some these top android brand were using names to sell their product. They launched Tecno N3 which was their first android phone in Nigeria and it turn out to be a huge success. Today visit any phone dealer in Nigeria and ask them which brand yield high turnover?
Yes, you are right
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Cerebrum(m): 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
Well said bro

BenKafor:
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
asuustrike2009:

well that's why am still studying it. unlike infinix and others that has OTA, am yet to see any thread on gionee OTA. The way Nigerians rushed infinix still surprised me till today.
lol. But not being an hater I think infinix had a great year in 2015. The infinix hot2 was a master stroke
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Cerebrum(m): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
I do not even guess. Tecno is winning.
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by TJKay: 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
NOKIA WAS A KNOWN BRAND WHEN TECNO CAME IN, BUT WHERE IS NOKIA TODAY?
BenKafor:
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Gaffy02: 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
But am very shocked this thread is only about Tecno and gionee. Infinix has made a name for it self also. The infinix hot 2 was a master stroke from them. Would anyone argue this
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by TJKay: 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
MENTION NAME LIKE DON JAZZY JOOR.

EGBON TECNO P5, CATCH YOUR SUB HERE.
temitiipsy:
I lost faith in the Tecno brand when they decided to make a premium phone where the only standing out feature was a finger print scanner
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by TJKay: 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
I'M YET TO SEE THE HOT 3. BUT I LIKE HOW THE ANDROID ONE HELPED THEM MAKE NAME ON GSM ARENA AS WELL AS OTHERS RECOGNIZED PLATFORMS. TECNO SHOULD LEARN FROM GIONEE AND INFINIX
Gaffy02:
But am very shocked this thread is only about Tecno and gionee. Infinix has made a name for it self also. The infinix hot 2 was a master stroke from them. Would anyone argue this
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by KaffyK(f): 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
When is Xiaomi cumin 2 nigeria?
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mogreen22: 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
asuustrike2009:
If gionee can produce QWERTY and torch phone together, I will consider them. I make mistake alot when using the torch screen
if you are looking for qwerty and torch phone go and buy a bold 5. It's still very much available in the market, lets heear word. How won't you make mistakes, when you use a tecno
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
mogreen22:
if you are looking for qwerty and torch phone go and buy a bold 5. It's still very much available in the market, lets heear word. How won't you make mistakes, when you use a tecno
hehehe people throwing sub's up and down. Donjazzy don give una liver abi
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
mogreen22:
I make mistake because I use Samsung galaxy phone.
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
TJKay:
MENTION NAME LIKE DON JAZZY JOOR.

EGBON TECNO P5, CATCH YOUR SUB HERE.
no be me talk am ooo.
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
kessintona:
good point here. But opinions will differ on this issue
Yea everybody can't have same opinion that's why we have forum like this to express it
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
asuustrike2009:

I make mistake because I use Samsung galaxy phone.
oga dey try name drop. Shey Na Samsung dey do the mistake abi you ?
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
mogreen22:
It seem you don't know that is a public forum. Every is entitled to his or her opinion here. That you love other brands like gionee doesn't mean I shouldn't suggest to them what to add to their phones.
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
asuustrike2009:

It seem you don't know that is a public forum. Every is entitled to his or her opinion here. That you love other brands like gionee doesn't mean I shouldn't suggest to them what to add to their phones.
would this get them more customers or what?
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
temitiipsy:
what's your problem? I just told that I make mistake most times with torch screen phones you're barking here. Shey u non know say Sammy get auto correct?
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
kessintona:
would this get them more customers or what?
it will either directly or indirectly. Nairaland is African's largest social forum
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
temitiipsy:
Na everybody sabi send message? na everybody sabi type fast? why you think say we get QWERTY key for some phones?
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
asuustrike2009:

what's your problem? I just told that I make mistake most times with torch screen phones you're barking here. Shey u non know say Sammy get auto correct?
them no dey turn auto correct off ?. Oga abeg leave trash for lawma
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by TJKay: 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
HAHA!
temitiipsy:
them no dey turn auto correct off ?. Oga abeg leave trash for lawma
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by wiseone28: 1:02am On Jan 03, 2016
undecided I'm here to read comment's with my Vertu's signature touch phone

1 Like

Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mindtricks: 1:23am On Jan 03, 2016
Needless comparison.

For the conscious and well researched minds, Gionee.

For the inexperienced, uninformed and gullibles, and jobless shills and paid trolls they'd say Techy?No!

1 Like

Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 03, 2016
mogreen22:
Well for me, its definitely gionee. I am an Android lover and i like to experiment with brands. I started off with the tecno f7, few months in i had charging problems, I would plug in the phone, it would show its charging but it won't move. I went to their office, they told me they would fix it, two weeks later nothing, their excuse is non availability of parts, i had to take my phone to computer village, they stikk did not have a solution to it. They said it was peculiar to that phone. Had to resort to desktop. Then my second tecno, phantom a3 lovely front camera, well only during the day though. Few months in, i started getting the Storage running out ish, i deleted all my apps, still nothing. The camera cover at the back was so badly scratched that i could not take good snapshots at the back. Then i decided ti try the last option, the camcon c8. I actually bought the phone because of the camera contest between it and iPhone 6, the Review was given on this site, i must say kudos to that person cos he surely got gullible people to buy it, including me . Sigh. The camera was an eye sore. Once the lightening in the room is a lik bit dim, forget it, you can never get a good snapshot. I had to give out the phone. I bought a galaxy note 4 And later bought a gionee s plus. I must say, i use the gionee more. The camera quality far beats the note 4, is dual sim, it has this very sleek Design. The screen too, very crisp, Surprisingly it's takes better night Photos than the Note. I am still new to gionee sha, and still handling the phone with care, so far so good no problems yet. I hope it stays that way. So gionee for me, at least i can go to gsmarena and read user reviews before i get, but techno one only gets reviews from local blogs which normally is usually biased

how much did gionee pay you? how would a useless battery (gionee) have a better camera than the note 4 ?? ...Tecnos giving us the value for our money ... i actually believe the camon c8 has one of the best 13mp cameras you can find on a Chinese brand..... the truth is... gionee sells battery life and quality not good software's and specs.... tecno sells quality,their software looks whack i agree,good cameras(presently) and specs worthy of its price.
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 03, 2016
another thing is..amongst .. Top Asian brand phones in Nigeria the one that has the most sales is Tecno they have sales more than Samsung... then Samsung,infinix,injoo,then gionee undecidedanother thing is..amongst .. Top Asian brand phones in Nigeria the one that has the most sales is Tecno they have sales more than Samsung... then Samsung,infinix,injoo,then gionee
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by daphid25(m): 7:47am On Jan 03, 2016
goziesweetie:
This article is very important. Nigerians need to know more about Gionee. They are better than tecno for just the splus alone with its slimness and madass camera. I prefer gionee.
And subscribe for you also innit?
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 03, 2016
wiseone28:
and you telling us what you use in your dreams how does it affect this thread sir ?
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mogreen22: 8:10am On Jan 03, 2016
jesfrosh:

how much did gionee pay you? how would a useless battery (gionee) have a better camera than the note 4 ?? ...Tecnos giving us the value for our money ... i actually believe the camon c8 has one of the best 13mp cameras you can find on a Chinese brand..... the truth is... gionee sells battery life and quality not good software's and specs.... tecno sells quality,their software looks whack i agree,good cameras(presently) and specs worthy of its price.
no need to give you an epistle, you lost me at tecno giving you value for money. Bye!
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mogreen22: 8:11am On Jan 03, 2016
temitiipsy:
e tire me sef o, like say no be Samsung me sef dey use reply am
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mogreen22: 8:14am On Jan 03, 2016
wiseone28:
Oshey, phone on 2million Plus. Na you o. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download 10x Faster On Android With Advance Download Manager (ADM) / How To Run More Than One Whatsapp Account On Your Android Device / How To Track A Phone Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.