Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria (11318 Views)

10 Most Powerful Smartphones In The World In Q1 2016, Chinese Brands Took Over / Tecno, The Highest Selling Mobile Brand In Nigeria Revealed / Top 5 Most Popular Mobile Phone Brands In Nigeria 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by kolexepana: 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
augster:
so that‘s the reason why the price is high?
I think the price is okay for its specs
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
mindtricks:

And better still, never settle for those Tecno craps!
gbammest
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mosjames: 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
datbighead:
if you are going to make a premium smartphone please do us the consumers a phone and make the best. don't try to cut corners on certain features like the camera, screen, processor and battery optimisation. this advice is for Tecno mobile
This kinda advice should go to Injoo and co.
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Xhaka(m): 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
Gaffy02:
never heard of the alpha marvel. Is it a new phone
Yes and No, cos its not that popular
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Xhaka(m): 7:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
temitiipsy:
I appreciate but I was also taught not to settle for less
But you've already settled for less in Gionee
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by daphid25(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
mogreen22:
that have been producing cheap phones with cheap specs for cheap people
Cheap phone and amazing specs IMO
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mogreen22: 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
daphid25:

Cheap phone and amazing specs IMO
the word amazing has another meaning then, cos i don't know how tecno and amazing would be in the sane senstence
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mindtricks: 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
Xhaka:

But you've long settled for the worst in crappy tecno, or haven't you?
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mindtricks: 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
mogreen22:
the word amazing has another meaning then, cos i don't know how tecno and amazing would be in the sane senstence

Ain't hard to tell.

Amazing means "although Tecno phones are crap, someone still has to do the dirty job of promoting them!"
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
mogreen22:
even the gionee m5 that is half the price if this tecno is way better. Take out the finger print of the phantom 5 and all u have is an empty air space.

dude check reviews all over the web gionee m5 isn't phantom 5s mate.... its phantomz's mate .... its just better cuz of the Android version
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
mogreen22:

since u don't know the meaning of amazing lemme help you

amazing /əˈmeɪzɪŋ/
adjective
causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing.

Tecno surprises people...alot
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by wiseone28: 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Androidoverlord:
What is that one again
google the phone
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by augster(m): 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
kolexepana:

I think the price is okay for its specs
no it‘s not...xiaomi mi 4c and redmi note 3 are better and cost less
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mogreen22: 7:54am On Jan 05, 2016
jesfrosh:

dude check reviews all over the web gionee m5 isn't phantom 5s mate.... its phantomz's mate .... its just better cuz of the Android version
it's phantom 5s mate, i would say it again, in as much as m5 is 43k and your tecno is 80k. Still m5much more better
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by TJKay: 8:47am On Jan 05, 2016
WAY WAY BETTER BROTHER.
mogreen22:
it's phantom 5s mate, i would say it again, in as much as m5 is 43k and your tecno is 80k. Still m5much more better
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by TJKay: 8:54am On Jan 05, 2016
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. YOU SPEAK ABOUT YOURSELF. BECAUSE IT IS YOU WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT CAMERAS. YOU BETTER DROP THAT CAMON AND GO GET YOURSELF A DSLR. TOH!
jesfrosh:

i know your type... cuz uve used a Nokia asha 200 you believe uve seen camera and its quality
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by TJKay: 8:55am On Jan 05, 2016
WHAT IS A XIAOMI? PLEASE, CALL BETTER NAME JOOR
augster:
no it‘s not...xiaomi mi 4c and redmi note 3 are better and cost less
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by augster(m): 9:01am On Jan 05, 2016
TJKay:
WHAT IS A XIAOMI? PLEASE, CALL BETTER NAME JOOR
xiaomi na better name...no 3 on top oems list...google is your friend you know.....
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 05, 2016
Xhaka:

nah I did not. I settled for a preferred choice
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Xhaka(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2016
temitiipsy:
nah I did not. I settled for a preferred choice
Haha, we know you've settled for less already
You just don't wanna admit tongue
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Xhaka(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2016
mindtricks:

But you've long settled for the worst in crappy tecno, or haven't you?
Crappy but better than your Gionee
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 05, 2016
mogreen22:

dude just google it and check reviews
.....Gionee is selling battery to people... and average specs... except you live at somewhere in which electricity supply is low... you wouldn't think much of Gionee..... thats why they are worldwide yet their phones don't sell.... case closed.
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
Xhaka:

Haha, we know you've settled for less already
You just don't wanna admit tongue
errrm who are the we. Association of Tecno users ?
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Maximum83: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
Some of you here are just shouting Tecno and Gionee. I think the topic should have included Infinix because they are really doing better than Gionee in sales. In fact Gionee should sit down tight and face reality this year because their devices are quite expensive with lesser specs. Tecno and infinix I must say have the very best marketing strategies in the industry for now. Those guys ain't joking. look at the Phantom 5 people say won't sell believe me the phones made significant sales last year and still selling. Tecno knows how to push any of their devices to the market.
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mogreen22: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
jesfrosh:

dude just google it and check reviews
.....Gionee is selling battery to people... and average specs... except you live at somewhere in which electricity supply is low... you wouldn't think much of Gionee..... thats why they are worldwide yet their phones don't sell.... case closed.
lol. Gionee is selling battery tk people, well atleast they are still selling something. What is tecno selling? Empty plastic. Good thing iS at can do research on it and find worldwide reviews, but tecno, the Best one can get are those from nigerian bloggers which are mostly paid to hype the products
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by Xhaka(m): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2016
temitiipsy:
errrm who are the we. Association of Tecno users ?
We means Myself
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by ChidinmaRose(f): 10:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
Dude, are you sure you read through the specs of Phantom 5 at all?

mogreen22:
even the gionee m5 that is half the price if this tecno is way better. Take out the finger print of the phantom 5 and all u have is an empty air space.
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by ChidinmaRose(f): 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
The xperia z1 has like 1GB RAM and is around 70k as well. If you compare the specs, the phantom is more affordable

jesfrosh:

i actually hate the fact that.... the phantom 5 costs 70k.... but i believe its worth it... comparing its specs to other 70k phones especially the xperia brand
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by BenKafor(m): 10:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
Yeah, I get, but it doesn't look like Tecno is going anywhere anytime soon so
TJKay:
NOKIA WAS A KNOWN BRAND WHEN TECNO CAME IN, BUT WHERE IS NOKIA TODAY?
Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by BenKafor(m): 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
'Yes, that's true

ChidinmaRose:
The xperia z1 has like 1GB RAM and is around 70k as well. If you compare the specs, the phantom is more affordable

Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by BenKafor(m): 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
Me I just dey here dey wonder

ChidinmaRose:

Re: Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria by mogreen22: 11:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
ChidinmaRose:

mama rose. I read it over and over again. The chip set of both phones are the same. Thr same camera mega pixel, the PPI of the tecno phone is higher than the gionee but thats only on paper because amoled screens are way better than LCD, hence I can say the screen of the gionee is brighter and creat deep blacks better than the phantom. Also the ram is smaller than the phantom but the phone still handles applications well and its better optimized. Even thr battery of the gionee is Higher than that of the phantom And the gionee is basically half of the Price of the phantom. So tell Won't you choose the gionee?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Run More Than One Whatsapp Account On Your Android Device / How To Track A Phone Call / New! How To Check Ur Enhanced Pulse Balance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.