Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (74673 Views)

Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? / 8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 9:04am On Jan 11, 2016
binarymachine:

It was very very tough for me o! But i did not borrow sha, was just begging family and friends to help a Hungry nigga and some did.

Then minus the thousands you begged from that amount because I know one need @ least 10k to survive for a month as a corper. Abi you were begging food too?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Ay04z(m): 9:04am On Jan 11, 2016
butanep:

I smell lies...
iro funfun balawu.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 9:09am On Jan 11, 2016
CoCoLav:

Calm down. While you were earning 5k as your salary during NYSC, there were people who were earning 120,000 per month. It all depends on the field.

I will say it again, I saved 470,000 during NYSC including the money payed by INEC. There are corpers who bought cars after NYSC. Chill bro!

I smell lies? Who earns 120 as a corper? Even oil companies and banks don't pay corpers more than 30k. How much is INEC paying jare...except you sold ballot papper to politicians.

Even if na bribe, are you the only INEC staff abi na 500k den give you guyz which is almost impossible.

Or your parents were sending you money from home... explain the business that you did that gave that amount jare...if not you re lying.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by kamez(m): 9:10am On Jan 11, 2016
adonismuller:
bro,do you relate to lie Mohammed?

How can state pay you when your PPA is a private school?

I was posted to abua LGA to teach in a public school. but I reached an agreement with the principal of the school and he agreed that I will be paying 3k to him every month so that he could release me..

so I was only attending CDS in the LGA. many corpers do the same in ph. if u know ur way..
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Marvinspeed(m): 9:12am On Jan 11, 2016
sundayslim:
I served in 2013 and funny enough in kebbi state. During my NYSC, I made around 400 thousand naira aside my alawee.

Let me quickly explain.

1. I offered to assist fellow corps members to save their money (Cuz its hard not to spend it) and in exchange they pay me 1k per month. I had about 50 people patronizing me during NYSC.

2. I helped polytechnic students type their final year projects and assignments at cheaper rate. God blesses me and my boss in my ppa allowed me use the office printer for free so I was making around 10-15k per week from this.

3. I taught in a private school as side runs. I was favoured in the sense that I only come when I have a class and leave once I'm done. I was paid 8k per month from this.

4. I held private home lessons for primary school children near the house. God so kind, I was making 5k per child each month. We used to meet 3 times a week. I had about 3 children.

5. I built a wireless network to help NYSC in the state speed up their camp registration process. This really helped me a lot. I read a few things online and applied it to help NYSC and it worked. In return, I was taken to 2 camps as NYSC staff still as a corps member. Made 40k each time aside feeding expenses.

6. I taught computer courses to fellow corps members at 10-15k each. Was able to train about 6 corpers during my time.

7. As the key drummer in my CDS (dance and drama), I made some money every time we were invited to perform at events.

Those were the major activities I engaged in during my service year.

I went on to use the money to pursue professional certifications, and today I can proudly say I am a network professional with competence in Cisco, Microsoft, Comptia, Huawei and Mikrotik network technologies, as well as project management according to PMI.

Don't ever be discouraged. There are hidden blessings and countless opportunities in the most unlikely of places.

Wishing you success all through the year.
25th birthday on March 24, 2016. You are all invited.

Cheers.

Birthday Mate, 3yrs younger tho. Currently Serving
#blessup

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by sucobaba(m): 9:16am On Jan 11, 2016
Cutehector:
word of advice, if u want to save during ur Nysc service year, pls dnt serve in these following states

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Cross river
Not just Cross River ......CALABAR should be avoided at all cost (opportunities also is endless ). Everything is expensive from food,accommodation,clothing etc as with most state capitals.
Boki,Utanga,Obudu,Obanliiku (except Ranch) are pretty ok

State allawee is 3k but not consistent........

Savings?.........its easier said than done. Your best savings is going to serve and coming back hale and hearty in one piece without extension and other "unwanted sendforth gifts".
Some areas are so backward in opportunities, creating one is possible but with how much?19800? Except of course families, friends,lovers, partners ,businesses are augmenting.

Some people are "so stingy" even to themselves just to save.......life is about choices. Which would you take?
Going to an unknown land can bring high hopes and plans.....the reality is not in the comfort of your homes or on your devices,its on the GROUND. Some are made.........others are melted.

Wishing all a safe service and journey mercies back to their families in good health and one piece.

The clarion call was a beautiful call that shouldn't be allowed to enter miSsed call or voicemail if you have the opportunity.
Ex-CRS 2014 personal opinion (still been owed 2months state allawee sef,...I dash them)
Salute!!!

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 9:17am On Jan 11, 2016
hotrat4all:
During my NYSC service year in Akwa Ibom I made nothing less than 400,000naira and that I used to start my business immediately after my servIce in July last year, and today my biz is booming and my people are so proud of me. How I made the money is what some would ask. I made ur by saving my entire federal allowee which was 19+, my state allowee which was 10k and I taught secretly in a private skul every tuesday which dey also paid me. All dis sum up together gave me d 400k. Though I had an aunty in Uyo so feeding wasnt my problem and she gave me pocket money on daily bases cos I also assisted her in her shop whenever am less busy. A nice experience though and u bless God nd NYSC

Did you do your mathematic very well. Federal + state+ sch can't sum up to 400k. You were even collecting money from your aunt. I guess you collected from your parents too.

So you didn't incure any expenses during your service yr. You didn't spen on yourself too.

Na waa oooo
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by ShadowM(m): 9:19am On Jan 11, 2016
FIRST OFF
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 9:22am On Jan 11, 2016
Harjet:
Served in Kwara C14.. Saved about 110k... Tho I was posted to a small nupe town in Edu LGA.. The people der were just basically farmers. No state allowee.. Savings was just from Federal allowee itself and the inec allowances.. Tho things were basically cheap. Doing home lessons der was just waste of time.. Fellow CMs dt did lessons were just complaining, imagine doing lesson for 4 kids and been paid 3k

Bros you try ooo. I served in kwara C14 @ oke Ero local govt. Na 68k I carry go house after hsc training n others things I bought. I follow woman shall, I went to party, I traveled a lot because the place was very boring and I never regreted my actions. I gave out to indegene too.

Kudos man.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 11, 2016
I am presently serving at Epe in Lagos state when am done I will tell you how much I saved.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Ademat7(m): 9:26am On Jan 11, 2016
kamez:
served in rivers state June 2011-2012

NYSC alloweee 19k ×12 months = 237600k
state allowed 10k × 11 months =110000k

private school where I was teaching physics and further maths in ph town (woji) paid me 25k for 10months = 250000k

jamb and GCE lesson in the same private school paid me 500 daily. that's 2500 per week. for 6months = 60000k

Total= 657600k....

I saved about 400k during my service year because I was still getting other little stipends from time to time.
after service I moved to Lagos and started a DJ business with the cash.. and that kept me going for 6months till I got job in a telecoms company..

Nysc was really a blessing to me
guy u can't receive state Allowee while teaching in private school,baba! easy na
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by agrovick(m): 9:27am On Jan 11, 2016
dozzy001:
Easier said than done, i plan of saving before leaving lagos for Enugu bt story changed patapata when i got here

Blood Money na him FG dey give!

I'm innocent
As regards the blood money part, I concur. We have a name for it- Ogboni money
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by ShadowM(m): 9:30am On Jan 11, 2016
FIRST OFF it depends where your serving but the average corper saves 35 to 50k and that only happens when the are almost about to finish the good thing is you can save 70 to 180k (which can be considered as good taking the economic effect on the country right now) this is only possible if
1. You make a plan for your self on how much you are willing to save (use where you are posted to as a criteria for that)
2. Avoid EXPENSIVE relationships that's if you must have a Grilfriend (for boys)
3. Invole yourself in teaching extra lessons for pay (it might not be much but it could help)
4. NOT all states pay allowances but you could try applying in places like C.A.C they pay 15k per month which is good (but you will definitely work)
5. Every thing all leads to your plan for the future and how you think NYSC will help you attain your life goal(that's the aim)
6. Believe there is a higher power guiding you

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 11, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Most guys spends their money on women. That's why they have nothing to account for.

Jaelz, stay away from women and it shall be well with you

I don't agree with you on this dear. It all depends on the state one is serving in, ur ppa and price of commodities in that particular area. I served in Benue State, ppa pays 2k, state governor doesn't pay a dine and they gave me CDS President on top the whole thing. The word suffering I went through is an understatement but i was able to save just N46k. I dont even know how i was able to save that money because some people borrowed money to return back home. NYSC should be terminated and the service money given to graduate to start something small. It's just a one year wastage of a person's life.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by olaomoola1(m): 9:30am On Jan 11, 2016
Will b forced to comment
First and foremost if u want to have savings during nysc Don't lobby to go to town d next step contact me then will give u d breakdown.pls no stringe attachment. Goldensondj@yahoo.com
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 11, 2016
butanep:

Did you do your mathematic very well. Federal + state+ sch can't sum up to 400k. You were even collecting money from your aunt. I guess you collected from your parents too.

So you didn't incure any expenses during your service yr. You didn't spen on yourself too.

Na waa oooo

Abeg help me ask am well. Some people will just come here and be lying End-time lies cheesy
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Kaycee625(m): 9:34am On Jan 11, 2016
sundayslim:
I served in 2013 and funny enough in kebbi state. During my NYSC, I made around 400 thousand naira aside my alawee.

Let me quickly explain.

1. I offered to assist fellow corps members to save their money (Cuz its hard not to spend it) and in exchange they pay me 1k per month. I had about 50 people patronizing me during NYSC.

2. I helped polytechnic students type their final year projects and assignments at cheaper rate. God blesses me and my boss in my ppa allowed me use the office printer for free so I was making around 10-15k per week from this.

3. I taught in a private school as side runs. I was favoured in the sense that I only come when I have a class and leave once I'm done. I was paid 8k per month from this.

4. I held private home lessons for primary school children near the house. God so kind, I was making 5k per child each month. We used to meet 3 times a week. I had about 3 children.

5. I built a wireless network to help NYSC in the state speed up their camp registration process. This really helped me a lot. I read a few things online and applied it to help NYSC and it worked. In return, I was taken to 2 camps as NYSC staff still as a corps member. Made 40k each time aside feeding expenses.

6. I taught computer courses to fellow corps members at 10-15k each. Was able to train about 6 corpers during my time.

7. As the key drummer in my CDS (dance and drama), I made some money every time we were invited to perform at events.

Those were the major activities I engaged in during my service year.

I went on to use the money to pursue professional certifications, and today I can proudly say I am a network professional with competence in Cisco, Microsoft, Comptia, Huawei and Mikrotik network technologies, as well as project management according to PMI.

Don't ever be discouraged. There are hidden blessings and countless opportunities in the most unlikely of places.

Wishing you success all through the year.
25th birthday on March 24, 2016. You are all invited.

Cheers.
you did well bro
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Toks2008(m): 9:35am On Jan 11, 2016
refiner:

1997oboy u don old ooo

lol not at all...i just had a very fast education.

here is the pics of then and u can see my now pics on my profile page..you will see say i still look very young.

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 11, 2016
sinistermind:
Not to Brag or anything, i made over 3m during my service...

Dasuki's Son. Welldone, clap for yourself. I hail cheesy

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 9:41am On Jan 11, 2016
fabiyi78:
I served in a restaurant, I don't pay for food, housing is free all my 12 months alawi was saved. I made additional 200k from the eatry job, at end of my service year I got almost 600k. But almost all d money gone by looking for good job which I av never got till now

How much did you give to God? Or use to champion God work?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 11, 2016
sonofananimal:
Serve 2004! Truth be told!

Didn't make any tangible money or savings!

Still wondering how you people make huge amount of money undecided

Stop wondering dude. So many Linus, Goliath and Lieyefah na full this thread talking nonsense.

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 9:43am On Jan 11, 2016
Stelvin101:

Abeg help me ask am well. Some people will just come here and be lying End-time lies cheesy

Nor mind them...
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Harjet(m): 9:45am On Jan 11, 2016
butanep:

Bros you try ooo. I served in kwara C14 @ oke Ero local govt. Na 68k I carry go house after hsc training n others things I bought. I follow woman shall, I went to party, I traveled a lot because the place was very boring and I never regreted my actions. I gave out to indegene too.

Kudos man.
68k is still reasonable on the average especially in a poor state like kwara.... We sef we travelled a lot too esp to Ilorin cos it's like 50 mins from our place
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by heybeemoney(m): 9:45am On Jan 11, 2016
Cutehector:
word of advice, if u want to save during ur Nysc service year, pls dnt serve in these following states

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Cross river

guy, I served in Rivers state and I was able to saved over 200k
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 11, 2016
butanep:

Nor mind them...

The only people I believe can save up to 200k and it's with serious money management are doctors who are serving in places like Lagos, Enugu, Cross River, Rivers and Delta. One full year I did my NYSC I didn't fvck, I didn't buy a bottle of beer and the money I saved is less than 50k
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by joe4christ(m): 9:51am On Jan 11, 2016
dozzy001:
Easier said than done, i plan of saving before leaving lagos for Enugu bt story changed patapata when i got here

Blood Money na him FG dey give!

I'm innocent

Abeg, shey na red blood abi na white blood? grin
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 10:01am On Jan 11, 2016
Toks2008:

lol not at all...i just had a very fast education.

here is the pics of then and u can see my now pics on my profile page..you will see say i still look very young.

cool....and to think dat was d same year I was born......u still look young tho....I thought u would av start growing white hairs by nw wink
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by kamez(m): 10:07am On Jan 11, 2016
Ademat7:
guy u can't receive state Allowee while teaching in private school,baba! easy na

Oga I was posted to a public school in a village. so all I did was to reach an agreement with the principal to be paying him 3k monthly. so I could find my way. but I was reporting for CDS regularly.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Toks2008(m): 10:08am On Jan 11, 2016
refiner:

cool....and to think dat was d same year I was born......u still look young tho....I thought u would av start growing white hairs by nw wink

That is the beauty of being a man..have a great week ahead my daughter lol...
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 10:12am On Jan 11, 2016
Toks2008:

That is the beauty of being a man..have a great week ahead my daughter lol...

yea...u men re lucky.......ur daughterwell its true sha....am young enoff to be ur child....great week to u too daddy.... grin

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by flimsy2(m): 10:28am On Jan 11, 2016
igwe44:
But seriously the mindset of every youth corps member is to make money,no body is thinking how to serve his or her father land very well.
. Lolz senators,ministers etc are they serving Nigeria for free?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Corpers In Suit: Checkout This NYSC Outfit (Photo) / NYSC: Female Corper Poses With A Gun (Photos) / Pictures Of The 5 Corpers Who Died In An Accident While Going To NYSC Camp

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60