Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (74670 Views)

Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? / 8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by jaelz(m): 8:24am On Jan 11, 2016
igwe44:
But seriously the mindset of every youth corps member is to make money,no body is thinking how to serve his or her father land very well.
oga if nah you far you go dey serve make you no try make small change?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 8:24am On Jan 11, 2016
Uzoraustin:
I made about 300k during my service year. I was posted to a sec sch (BJSS Beletiema, Brass L.G.A, Bayelsa) that operates from 1pm to 6pm. So i decided to take a teaching job at a private sch. My period is scheduled from 8am to 11am, the pay is 10k. I also have an adult home lesson from 11:30am to 1:30pm, the pay is 6k. Then i'll proceed to my PPA and my period there is between 2pm to 4pm. Then i'll proceed to another home lesson from 4:30pm to 6:30pm, the pay was 6k. So i virtually earn 19.8k + 10k+6k+6k=41,800 monthly. It was not easy o, but God was my strength.

I smell lies...

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by jaelz(m): 8:26am On Jan 11, 2016
Nmeri17:
While my mates got choice postings at coys in the township, my PPA was at Ivo comprehensive which was more like an IDP camp sad I became the benefactor/grand patron/ foster father of the 16 pupils in the school and ergo was concerned with their school fees and used the change to take cholera and diarrhoea pills cry
PS: 14 of the 16 pupils were at least 3 years older than me. old ass men and women angry

On the day of my passing out, I used my last N100 to buy them confectioneries and left for the bus park dabbing my tears with the N35 I had leftover after my meritorious service to the nation embarassed
bad boy but nah pple like una dey make naija bad
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Odunharry(m): 8:27am On Jan 11, 2016
sonofananimal:
lolz! brother im telling you!
but i know say you save reach millions
lol.. millions ke? I no de joke wt belle and I spend it on what I want.. Why I go get money come de starve or suffer myself?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by stephano100(m): 8:28am On Jan 11, 2016
sundayslim:
I served in 2013 and funny enough in kebbi state. During my NYSC, I made around 400 thousand naira aside my alawee.

Let me quickly explain.

1. I offered to assist fellow corps members to save their money (Cuz its hard not to spend it) and in exchange they pay me 1k per month. I had about 50 people patronizing me during NYSC.

2. I helped polytechnic students type their final year projects and assignments at cheaper rate. God blesses me and my boss in my ppa allowed me use the office printer for free so I was making around 10-15k per week from this.

3. I taught in a private school as side runs. I was favoured in the sense that I only come when I have a class and leave once I'm done. I was paid 8k per month from this.

4. I held private home lessons for primary school children near the house. God so kind, I was making 5k per child each month. We used to meet 3 times a week. I had about 3 children.

5. I built a wireless network to help NYSC in the state speed up their camp registration process. This really helped me a lot. I read a few things online and applied it to help NYSC and it worked. In return, I was taken to 2 camps as NYSC staff still as a corps member. Made 40k each time aside feeding expenses.

6. I taught computer courses to fellow corps members at 10-15k each. Was able to train about 6 corpers during my time.

7. As the key drummer in my CDS (dance and drama), I made some money every time we were invited to perform at events.

Those were the major activities I engaged in during my service year.

I went on to use the money to pursue professional certifications, and today I can proudly say I am a network professional with competence in Cisco, Microsoft, Comptia, Huawei and Mikrotik network technologies, as well as project management according to PMI.

Don't ever be discouraged. There are hidden blessings and countless opportunities in the most unlikely of places.

Wishing you success all through the year.
25th birthday on March 24, 2016. You are all invited.

Cheers.
wow cool
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by jaelz(m): 8:29am On Jan 11, 2016
hardychris:
The question should be how much I spent during my service year as a corps member.

I still don't know how possible it is to save money in Abuja as a corper unless you have something else doing outside the service, then I was getting almost 40k in a month from my PPA and NYSC Alawi, and I wasn't paying for house rent because I have one here but @ the end of the month nothing to show for it because everything goes to cab drivers pocket, I spend #600 everyday on transportation, and unlike other states, that #600 will be enough for more than one week and people do give corpers money or even pay for their Tfare but its not like that in Abuja.

If you are really after saving money after your service year, don't even think of coming to Abuja unless your house is a stone throw to the office, even @ that, there. Too many other things that will take the money because of cost of living.

But the advantage of serving in Abuja is that you can work in any organisation and get more experience if its related to your field of study, unlike other states where its mainly teaching.

NYSC is fun but the fun ends in camp, I wish you prsopective corpers success, the main thing is getting a good job after serving.

Meanwhile, NYSC is still owing me for 2 months since how many years now that I finished serving.
i feel your pain bro

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by chumaster(m): 8:30am On Jan 11, 2016
Electronzeez:

Don't be primitive , i am establishing fact and all you could do is to chorus the flim flam a celebrity spew.
guess you think you are talking to a foolish kid hence, you desperate attempt to making a correction that is uncalled for. So dumb that one can't spot sarcasm. Smh
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by jaelz(m): 8:31am On Jan 11, 2016
kamez:
served in rivers state June 2011-2012

NYSC alloweee 19k ×12 months = 237600k
state allowed 10k × 11 months =110000k

private school where I was teaching physics and further maths in ph town (woji) paid me 25k for 10months = 250000k

jamb and GCE lesson in the same private school paid me 500 daily. that's 2500 per week. for 6months = 60000k

Total= 657600k....

I saved about 400k during my service year because I was still getting other little stipends from time to time.
after service I moved to Lagos and started a DJ business with the cash.. and that kept me going for 6months till I got job in a telecoms company..

Nysc was really a blessing to me
nahso bro i dey feel you men please this would serve as a source of inspirations to many
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 8:32am On Jan 11, 2016
sinistermind:
Not to Brag or anything, i made over 3m during my service...

tell us hw u did it nw?or wer u among dose yahoo guys
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 8:33am On Jan 11, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Most guys spends their money on women. That's why they have nothing to account for.

Jaelz, stay away from women and it shall be well with you

If woman didn't eat your money as a man, who will then eat your money?

I follow women during service. Not even just one but about 3. I also import women from other state once in a while because I promise myself never to sleep with any of my student which I did even if some tempted me to but I resisted. if you are a corper and don't have girlfriends, you might be tempted to sleep with your student which is unethical.

Remember say konji na bastard. My state is cold like jos...

I still save up to 68k and I ve no regret about it. I still eat some female corpers money. Everything na discipline.

No state alawee, ppa paid 1k but hold us 6months. Only relied on the FG alawee.

I did HSC training, bought a new laptop screen n battery, send 1k5 to my younger brother every month. All the indigenes in my environment eat my bread, wine, malt, biscuits etc... I am not stingy.

Money come n money go... nor be evertime person dae hide money. people around you should feel the effect.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by jaelz(m): 8:35am On Jan 11, 2016
Smartsyn:
Not much in terms of cash.

But if you include girls, I was a millionaire

hehe omo abeg please abeg teach me the way oh
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 8:36am On Jan 11, 2016
Toks2008:
In my own time i got N1600 allowee plus N3000 monthly salary from lever brothers making a total of about 60k a year....that was 1997.

This thread gives me a nostalgic feeling.
1997oboy u don old ooo

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by jaelz(m): 8:39am On Jan 11, 2016
pejuakinab:
From Borno back to Oyo, went home with 20k only. NYSC is not an avenue to make money but to serve ur father land. Only few, I mean veru few people have reasonable savings although Fed allowee was only 9k then.

hmm oga says who dear it depends if your smartness sir
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 8:41am On Jan 11, 2016
ChelseaDotCom:
I made so much money but had about 600k in my bank when I left the NYSC. I did some project that later fetched me money. Built Libary, Immunized children, gave Mosquito nets, taught computer and furnished and equip a school. All these were done as projects. A man, who was from the village where I was doing the projects and happen to be the DG of a government parastatal, heard about it and gave me 118k cos he wanted his villager to think that he sponsored it.
Also, I distributed envelopes from one markets to another to solicit funds. While doing these projects, I was also teaching at my PPA and also running about two private classes that was fetching me around 20k per month. It was very tedious for me, at a time, I stopped all the lessons in order to focus on my projects.
Lastly, a rich man who knew about my effort and picked interest in me gave me around 500k cash at the tail end of my service year. The fulfilment that I had was when a parent intercepted me on the road and was greeting me that I save her children from dying as a result of one of my project and I later won a State Award.
In all of these, I learnt that one can achieve whatever you set your mind to do. I pushed myself beyond limit and it was a testing ground for me. Your NYSC will have a meaning if you leave a positive impact .

P.S: Please, pardon my typos o, I dey sleep as I dey type now. Success!

God really favoured u....nice
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Adortem: 8:41am On Jan 11, 2016
I didn't touch my alawii throughout my service year,it was a conscious decision on my part,even though I did a professional course that had 3 stages,did 2 stages while serving,the first stage cost 80k,second 70k,then did one small one 20k.All this I still managed to do without touching my alawii. I had 100k savings after uni,this I saved during my uni days. I did tutorials/part-time teaching/INEC job during my service year,stayed with a relation,so all I spent was on transport,I am also a very prudent person,I believe so much in saving for rainy days...at then end I still had 120k left after service year.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 8:42am On Jan 11, 2016
Jexyme:

Lols! 470K

Na Aso rock you serve or did you served in Dasuki's office...

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by jaelz(m): 8:42am On Jan 11, 2016
Sasuwa:
$1,000,350.00

omo bross show us the way now
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by jaelz(m): 8:43am On Jan 11, 2016
Love Machine:
I learned the nysc members whom are deployed as inec adhoc staff to polling units does runs with politicians during election.I also learned they are well bribed during the election.
omo nah werin i hear o
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by hardychris(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2016
I need evidence please
Sasuwa:

na blog i do, and he pay me for my service
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Willycute(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2016
Well, 2yrs after, i still live on my allawee, i invested my FG allawee as they come.
Today, I've a car, & I'm undergoing a house project of my own, still single but doing fish farming. With around #200k i earn then, I'm worth more than 600k now working for myself.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by jaelz(m): 8:46am On Jan 11, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Most guys spends their money on women. That's why they have nothing to account for.

Jaelz, stay away from women and it shall be well with you
choi babe i don hear o but damn it's gun be hard to stay away from women like you
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by hardychris(m): 8:48am On Jan 11, 2016
Exactly that's just the truth
Electronzeez:

PCM take note of the bolded .
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by onyowo(f): 8:49am On Jan 11, 2016
dozzy001:
Easier said than done, i plan of saving before leaving lagos for Enugu bt story changed patapata when i got here

Blood Money na him FG dey give!

I'm innocent
. Serious blood money oohhhh, if u collect am before u know Wetin dey allawee don finish
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 8:51am On Jan 11, 2016
EVILFOREST:
I was earning close to #230,000 monthly.
At the END of the service year, I was able to
1) Get myself a good car.
2) Get a lady pregnant.
3) Get myself a house.
4) Get myself another Job, but not as viable as d former.

nawa for u...hope u married d woman sha
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Kaycee625(m): 8:54am On Jan 11, 2016
Gosh am still serving, being paid 20k,in my PPA, with free accommodation, plus federal allowee 19800,yet am struggling to save up to 30k in my account. I love food and women. They make me spend my money.what will a guy do?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 11, 2016
butanep:

During that period you were not paid, how were you surviving? Didn't you touch your personal account or borrow or get assistant from family & friends?

Abi manner was falling from heaven for you?
It was very very tough for me o! But i did not borrow sha, was just begging family and friends to help a Hungry nigga and some did.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Electronzeez(m): 8:58am On Jan 11, 2016
chumaster:
guess you think you are talking to a foolish kid hence, you desperate attempt to making a correction that is uncalled for. So dumb that one can't spot sarcasm. Smh

You have just proven your first class stupeeedity once again , indeed you are a fool..ish kid . a sensible kid uses brilliant quote from the likes of Achebe , wole soyinka and not a quote from a thug like olamide.

I am done trying to make you think , you can continue airing your flip flop comment .
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 8:59am On Jan 11, 2016
karmaleon:
Made close to a million or more by providing internet solutions, computer related problems and hacking modems.
I served with one of NNPC's subsidiaries. They had the money to pay! My story went across town. So I wasn't just limited to just office runz.
SSS came to my lodge on various occasions because ofthe influx of people that patronized me. They taught i was a yahoo boy. grin grin They whole runz ended immediately after my service year. Returned back to base to pursue my dream. wink wink

I smell lies... NNPC don't pay corpers more than 35k... don't come here to lie.

1million kor... state won't pay you when serving there.

You lies fat shall
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 11, 2016
Odunharry:
lol.. millions ke? I no de joke wt belle and I spend it on what I want.. Why I go get money come de starve or suffer myself?
im telling you!
starve because of saving! my boss just enjoy life jorr
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Ay04z(m): 9:02am On Jan 11, 2016
chumaster:
leave trash for lawma bro
lol 500k nysc..wen ur daily intake i s 600 naira per day..
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by adonismuller(m): 9:02am On Jan 11, 2016
Kaycee625:
Gosh am still serving, being paid 20k,in my PPA, with free accommodation, plus federal allowee 19800,yet am struggling to save up to 30k in my account. I love food and women. They make me spend my money.what will a guy do?
its either you are from a rich home or your village people is at work!
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 9:04am On Jan 11, 2016
binarymachine:

It was very very tough for me o! But i did not borrow sha, was just begging family and friends to help a Hungry nigga and some did.

Then minus the thousands you begged from that amount because I know one need @ leat 10k to survive for a month as a corper. Abi you were begging food too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Corpers In Suit: Checkout This NYSC Outfit (Photo) / NYSC: Female Corper Poses With A Gun (Photos) / Pictures Of The 5 Corpers Who Died In An Accident While Going To NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.