Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (74659 Views)

Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? / 8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Horlawoomey(m): 7:27am On Jan 11, 2016
I saved 93k, the most reasonable I can come up with cos I can't starve myself to death.

Zamfara was sweet.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by straynger: 7:30am On Jan 11, 2016
Served in Lagos 2010/2011, almost made ma first million, PPA was a telco paid 45K/month, taught A level physics paying 45/month, NYSC paid 10k later increased to 20k. PPA also paid pension of abt 100k for the year. Allah so favored me.......AlhamduliLlah!

PPA wanted to retain me, I turned her down as a I got 230K/month job with another Telco same month I finished NYSC.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by mikkypel(m): 7:32am On Jan 11, 2016
xxgig:
you actually served at my backyard. Well done

But it wasn't an easy task oo.. We have to move to auchi or ekpoma to withdraw money.. The water we used was ba.. I scratched my body throughout but I enjoyed the service year though.. The people are hospitable and Jovial.. The church we attended showed love.. Church of God Mission.. No they really tried for us
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by mikkypel(m): 7:34am On Jan 11, 2016
straynger:
Served in Lagos 2010/2011, almost made ma first million, PPA was a telco paid 45K/month, taught A level physics paying 45/month, NYSC paid 10k later increased to 20k. PPA also paid pension of abt 100k for the year. Allah so favored me.......AlhamduliLlah!

PPA wanted to retain me, I turned her down as a I got 230K/month job with another Telco same month I finished NYSC.

Well I would have said you are lying but it's not my business

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by croSStodds(m): 7:35am On Jan 11, 2016
Seventeen:
2003... I was just calculating it now and am like.... Whaaaat! Its bn 12 whole years.
shocked : o shocked
Eh eh..
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by harjayi(m): 7:36am On Jan 11, 2016
Femich18:
I didn't save more than 40k cos I was just doing a Father Xmas 2 friends who needed my help at diff point in time...Though no PPA allowee and state allowee from d kogi State govt Bt I'm glad i served dre...14B tins
pls what is PPA
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 11, 2016
I no Save shishi, how much den dey pay us 19800 + most of my frends dt saved we all hustling 2geda , it not as if dia savings turn dem to millionaires abegggggi
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by mikkypel(m): 7:38am On Jan 11, 2016
Sammyblaq:

e be like say na u dey pay urself

Don't mind them.. People who know nothing not serving sef using the thread as an avenue to post big lies
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by obiak4(m): 7:42am On Jan 11, 2016
Nysc was great saved/hustle millions
first posted to bornu stayed there for five months before i lost 6 friends jt,ruta,bendel,ola,chi,and wendy thier pet name i became ruthless with life challenging any body that came my way went directly to the state cord. That i want a transfer asap he was confused and suprised so was transfered to benue logo local govt. Anyiin the home town of his excellency hrt hon tonwai tingi gabriel suswan, there i made money from suswan and other dignitaries in that town,
suswan gave us @least 3million.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 7:44am On Jan 11, 2016
Smartsyn:
Not much in terms of cash.
But if you include girls, I was a millionaire
lol....bad egg
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2016
Rukkydelta:
G+
ehn ehn... issorait.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 7:50am On Jan 11, 2016
Uzoraustin:
I made about 300k during my service year. I was posted to a sec sch (BJSS Beletiema, Brass L.G.A, Bayelsa) that operates from 1pm to 6pm. So i decided to take a teaching job at a private sch. My period is scheduled from 8am to 11am, the pay is 10k. I also have an adult home lesson from 11:30am to 1:30pm, the pay is 6k. Then i'll proceed to my PPA and my period there is between 2pm to 4pm. Then i'll proceed to another home lesson from 4:30pm to 6:30pm, the pay was 6k. So i virtually earn 19.8k + 10k+6k+6k=41,800 monthly. It was not easy o, but God was my strength.

u try oooo....one word for u......DILIGENT..
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Feramyzine(m): 7:53am On Jan 11, 2016
I serve at ondo state, and my ppa was akoko north east local government secretariat. the balance in my acct then was #83,700, and I still have like 3k with me for tfare after we departed from pop.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 7:54am On Jan 11, 2016
sundayslim:
I served in 2013 and funny enough in kebbi state. During my NYSC, I made around 400 thousand naira aside my alawee.

Let me quickly explain.

1. I offered to assist fellow corps members to save their money (Cuz its hard not to spend it) and in exchange they pay me 1k per month. I had about 50 people patronizing me during NYSC.

2. I helped polytechnic students type their final year projects and assignments at cheaper rate. God blesses me and my boss in my ppa allowed me use the office printer for free so I was making around 10-15k per week from this.

3. I taught in a private school as side runs. I was favoured in the sense that I only come when I have a class and leave once I'm done. I was paid 8k per month from this.

4. I held private home lessons for primary school children near the house. God so kind, I was making 5k per child each month. We used to meet 3 times a week. I had about 3 children.

5. I built a wireless network to help NYSC in the state speed up their camp registration process. This really helped me a lot. I read a few things online and applied it to help NYSC and it worked. In return, I was taken to 2 camps as NYSC staff still as a corps member. Made 40k each time aside feeding expenses.

6. I taught computer courses to fellow corps members at 10-15k each. Was able to train about 6 corpers during my time.

7. As the key drummer in my CDS (dance and drama), I made some money every time we were invited to perform at events.

Those were the major activities I engaged in during my service year.

I went on to use the money to pursue professional certifications, and today I can proudly say I am a network professional with competence in Cisco, Microsoft, Comptia, Huawei and Mikrotik network technologies, as well as project management according to PMI.

Don't ever be discouraged. There are hidden blessings and countless opportunities in the most unlikely of places.

Wishing you success all through the year.
25th birthday on March 24, 2016. You are all invited.

Cheers.

waooo....kudos bro.....u were really favoured by God.....may God continue to aid u thru...

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by kingsamosy(m): 7:55am On Jan 11, 2016
I save 250k. I was posted to a local govt. in Akwa ibom, so I had all the time in the world to run my recharge card business.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by adonismuller(m): 7:55am On Jan 11, 2016
kamez:
served in rivers state June 2011-2012

NYSC alloweee 19k ×12 months = 237600k
state allowed 10k × 11 months =110000k

private school where I was teaching physics and further maths in ph town (woji) paid me 25k for 10months = 250000k

jamb and GCE lesson in the same private school paid me 500 daily. that's 2500 per week. for 6months = 60000k

Total= 657600k....

I saved about 400k during my service year because I was still getting other little stipends from time to time.
after service I moved to Lagos and started a DJ business with the cash.. and that kept me going for 6months till I got job in a telecoms company..

Nysc was really a blessing to me
bro,do you relate to lie Mohammed?

How can state pay you when your PPA is a private school?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Ezegozie(m): 7:55am On Jan 11, 2016
I am a batch A corper.
I planned to save atleast 100k before service finish.

But omoh ehhh. Nothing don dey my account as I dey type this message o oo .

The little money wey I been save, I use am travel for christmass, come back from mu place and bought some clothes, e come finish.

As I dey now, na December allowee still dey hold me here o o o.

I dey pray make dem redo our governorship election in our presence and also money from this comming census go make me save small change.

Atleast I have three months to go and about 7months oustanding state allowee.

Even if I no save sef, nothing spoil.
Na God hand I dey, I nogo ever kill myself on the alter of saving money
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by nigeriancuban: 7:59am On Jan 11, 2016
different priorities for different seasons,I don't think saving should be any corp goals,think of how to gain more skills and invest your cash on productive thinks not just keeping peanut 19k in a Treasury..
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 8:01am On Jan 11, 2016
Kizmilz:
Am still serving though... Buh so far I've saved like 60k though I got a camera and a printer with the money + other money I had. I wish to make more money from the photography am into n also ma alawe..

may God be ur strength.....don't look at women twice oo
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by MemphisDepay(m): 8:02am On Jan 11, 2016
Kizmilz:
Am still serving though... Buh so far I've saved like 60k though I got a camera and a printer with the money + other money I had. I wish to make more money from the photography am into n also ma alawe..
abeg, tell me more about this photography stuff
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Sasuwa(f): 8:04am On Jan 11, 2016
hardychris:
Dasuki is looking for you, please return the money back to him
na blog i do, and he pay me for my service
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by godunia(m): 8:08am On Jan 11, 2016
I served in Akwa-Ibom btw 2000/2001 when allowee was increased from 3800 or so to 7500.After paying my fare back I was left with 25k
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Fkhalifa(m): 8:09am On Jan 11, 2016
Interesting stories but i hope they arent lies

who served in osun and how do copers cope with feeding?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Electronzeez(m): 8:12am On Jan 11, 2016
chumaster:
I will make not less than 500k Amen cool

A typical Nigeria dude that pray to make millions without any bussiness plan . i am not saying it is not possible to make such kind of money but tell us your bussiness plan, how you intend making it , which state do you think will enhance such bussiness you have in mind .

Prospective corp member always think nysc is rossy . it actually depend on where you will be serving .
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by horjeh: 8:15am On Jan 11, 2016
Kwara
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Electronzeez(m): 8:15am On Jan 11, 2016
hardychris:
The question should be how much I spent during my service year as a corps member.

I still don't know how possible it is to save money in Abuja as a corper unless you have something else doing outside the service, then I was getting almost 40k in a month from my PPA and NYSC Alawi, and I wasn't paying for house rent because I have one here but @ the end of the month nothing to show for it because everything goes to cab drivers pocket, I spend #600 everyday on transportation, and unlike other states, that #600 will be enough for more than one week and people do give corpers money or even pay for their Tfare but its not like that in Abuja.

If you are really after saving money after your service year, don't even think of coming to Abuja unless your house is a stone throw to the office, even @ that, there. Too many other things that will take the money because of cost of living.

But the advantage of serving in Abuja is that you can work in any organisation and get more experience if its related to your field of study, unlike other states where its mainly teaching.

[/b]NYSC is fun but the fun ends in camp, I wish you prsopective corpers success, the main thing is getting a good job after serving.[b]

Meanwhile, NYSC is still owing me for 2 months since how many years now that I finished serving.

PCM take note of the bolded .

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by chumaster(m): 8:16am On Jan 11, 2016
Electronzeez:

A typical Nigeria dude that pray to make millions without any bussiness plan . i am not saying it is not possible to make such kind of money but tell us your bussiness plan, how you intend making it , which state do you think will enhance such bussiness you have in mind .

Prospective corp member always think nysc is rossy . it actually depend on where you will be serving .
dude, leave trash for Lawma you hear
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Oluwafemi15: 8:17am On Jan 11, 2016
I still managed to save #100k, aside a small generator that l bought and professional programme that I did. Though, it was the CDS Project dt I did dt helped me to still save dt much, if not e for over me one kind o, because na one village for Katsina state I served. I started my Masters programme with the money, today am a Federal Civil servant to the glory of God.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Soleymania(m): 8:19am On Jan 11, 2016
Served in CALABAR.. Can't remember if I saved any. As a corper I was spending 300 daily as tfare to work, calculate feeding daily. Out of #9775.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2016
binarymachine:
I saved 75k. Was owed 5months arrears after relocating from Kaduna to Cross river. so they paid it all once, thats 99k. Was able to go back home with N75,000.

During that period you were not paid, how were you surviving? Didn't you touch your personal account or borrow or get assistant from family & friends?

Abi manner was falling from heaven for you?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Electronzeez(m): 8:21am On Jan 11, 2016
chumaster:
dude, leave trash for Lawma you hear

Don't be primitive , i am establishing fact and all you could do is to chorus the flim flam a celebrity spew.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 8:23am On Jan 11, 2016
adonismuller:
bro,do you relate to lie Mohammed?

How can state pay you when your PPA is a private school?

Don't mind that guy? Some just came here to lie... maybe he is the only corper in his local govt.

The fact is that one can't save more that 70-100k in service except the person is stingy to his/her self and live an introvert life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Corpers In Suit: Checkout This NYSC Outfit (Photo) / NYSC: Female Corper Poses With A Gun (Photos) / Pictures Of The 5 Corpers Who Died In An Accident While Going To NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.