Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (74681 Views)

Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? / 8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Odunharry(m): 1:20am On Jan 11, 2016
MrProducer:

Lool chief
ij on the beats.. I hail u.

more money to our purse, pocket, bank account

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 11, 2016
sundayslim:
I served in 2013 and funny enough in kebbi state. During my NYSC, I made around 400 thousand naira aside my alawee.

Let me quickly explain.

1. I offered to assist fellow corps members to save their money (Cuz its hard not to spend it) and in exchange they pay me 1k per month. I had about 50 people patronizing me during NYSC.

2. I helped polytechnic students type their final year projects and assignments at cheaper rate. God blesses me and my boss in my ppa allowed me use the office printer for free so I was making around 10-15k per week from this.

3. I taught in a private school as side runs. I was favoured in the sense that I only come when I have a class and leave once I'm done. I was paid 8k per month from this.

4. I held private home lessons for primary school children near the house. God so kind, I was making 5k per child each month. We used to meet 3 times a week. I had about 3 children.

5. I built a wireless network to help NYSC in the state speed up their camp registration process. This really helped me a lot. I read a few things online and applied it to help NYSC and it worked. In return, I was taken to 2 camps as NYSC staff still as a corps member. Made 40k each time aside feeding expenses.

6. I taught computer courses to fellow corps members at 10-15k each. Was able to train about 6 corpers during my time.

7. As the key drummer in my CDS (dance and drama), I made some money every time we were invited to perform at events.

Those were the major activities I engaged in during my service year.

I went on to use the money to pursue professional certifications, and today I can proudly say I am a network professional with competence in Cisco, Microsoft, Comptia, Huawei and Mikrotik network technologies, as well as project management according to PMI.

Don't ever be discouraged. There are hidden blessings and countless opportunities in the most unlikely of places.

Wishing you success all through the year.
25th birthday on March 24, 2016. You are all invited.

Cheers.
wow that's cool bro please i will like to have your contact i have few question for you my number is on my signature. If you can pm me on whatsapp that will be great
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by mazizitonene(m): 1:49am On Jan 11, 2016
alabiii go gimme 1m...by force grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by bellotaofeek: 2:06am On Jan 11, 2016
God bless Rotimi Amaechi ... I went home with over #120k cos our payment was payoff at the end of the service. Till tomao the money is still there in folds ...... #allaweetomakesense
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by ChelseaDotCom: 2:09am On Jan 11, 2016
I made so much money but had about 600k in my bank when I left the NYSC. I did some project that later fetched me money. Built Libary, Immunized children, gave Mosquito nets, taught computer and furnished and equip a school. All these were done as projects. A man, who was from the village where I was doing the projects and happen to be the DG of a government parastatal, heard about it and gave me 118k cos he wanted his villager to think that he sponsored it.
Also, I distributed envelopes from one markets to another to solicit funds. While doing these projects, I was also teaching at my PPA and also running about two private classes that was fetching me around 20k per month. It was very tedious for me, at a time, I stopped all the lessons in order to focus on my projects.
Lastly, a rich man who knew about my effort and picked interest in me gave me around 500k cash at the tail end of my service year. The fulfilment that I had was when a parent intercepted me on the road and was greeting me that I save her children from dying as a result of one of my project and I later won a State Award.
In all of these, I learnt that one can achieve whatever you set your mind to do. I pushed myself beyond limit and it was a testing ground for me. Your NYSC will have a meaning if you leave a positive impact .

P.S: Please, pardon my typos o, I dey sleep as I dey type now. Success!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 11, 2016
CoCoLav:
you think say nah joke them dey joke

4 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 3:17am On Jan 11, 2016
Odunharry:
lol.. some people no dey chop o.
lolz! brother im telling you!
but i know say you save reach millions

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by whobemumu(m): 3:36am On Jan 11, 2016
I served in ABIa state in 2006
Made 80 k a month
I would say I did pretty well
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by CoCoLav(f): 3:52am On Jan 11, 2016
vingeophysicist:
you think say nah joke them dey joke

Calm down. While you were earning 5k as your salary during NYSC, there were people who were earning 120,000 per month. It all depends on the field.

I will say it again, I saved 470,000 during NYSC including the money payed by INEC. There are corpers who bought cars after NYSC. Chill bro!

6 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by myahayawabi(m): 4:02am On Jan 11, 2016
Hmmmmm I just chopped oooo cos 4 Abia state things too cost to the extent dat ur allawee will not remain kobo after u buy food finish. So sad......
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 4:14am On Jan 11, 2016
ad84ada:
Served in Ijumu Kogi State. I refused to go to Borno. Saved like 120k but don't be dismayed I was teaching in two other schools.

You actually served in my L.G, kudos bruv!

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Sammyblaq(m): 4:42am On Jan 11, 2016
[/quote]
The state allawee wey I collect for hand finish... I no carry am near bank. The money no pure.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by ad84ada(m): 4:47am On Jan 11, 2016
Guseh:

You actually served in my L.G, kudos bruv!
Thanks. Had a nice time. Lovely people.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Sammyblaq(m): 5:00am On Jan 11, 2016
sinistermind:
Not to Brag or anything, i made over 3m during my service...
e be like say na u dey pay urself

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Sammyblaq(m): 5:12am On Jan 11, 2016
If u do... they say u stingy. Boosting of savings but they depended on us.
Prospects open ur eyes... na the same allawee all of una dey collect. #5tillBalling
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by yogoanthony(m): 5:40am On Jan 11, 2016
Money ko owo ni ego dia
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by mozel247: 5:58am On Jan 11, 2016
I think this is the best thread I have red on nairaland about youth, savings culture, discipline and hardwork.
On a serious note, I didn't regret my nysc.

At first I had opportunity to serve in a place where I can earn a salary of 80k minus engunje (legal runs) but I opted to served when my posting was to a federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa where I had privilege to mentor under graduates. Been a goal getter, I planned it well. Only come to school when I have class and dashed back to the street of Abuja on weekly basics. It wasn't easy and hadly most people back home believe am a corper cuz am always around.

I use my first allawee and bicycle allowance and first fruit been a stunt Christ follower. The rest alert both the ppa is still piling up at uba cuz I vowed not to touch it till April I will round up.

Despite been a high spender which a monthly overhead and bill of over 100k to support my up keeps, friends and my poor family. I lived large up till now and still command good savings I can startup with if I decide to be on my own.

I had opportunity to do several things I was versatile on but a little lazy and my time was choked.. Because of my health which am managing, I have to concentrate on only construction and pack up my camera for my photography and others.

My advice to u guys is this. No matter where u are, look around, there is a must be a need that is not serviced which u can and make money.

Am a builder by training and profession. I paid the price to gather experience while I was undergraduate and I didn't regret turning down several job offer during my nysc and opt to be in the street. Special thanks to my uncle who had a platform I smartly seized to pull myself from poverty

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by sunny2k: 6:25am On Jan 11, 2016
is d NYSC now a place 4 making money? uhmmm na wa oooh.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Philadelphia: 6:27am On Jan 11, 2016
Of a truth, I made 270k when I served 2013 Batch C
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Izzyme(m): 6:38am On Jan 11, 2016
jaelz:
okay state how much u made and explain how u made the money during your Nysc youth service year... how many Millon's you make and how did you make it corpers lets hear your stories so that other prospective corpers could learn... Please lets show our prospective corp members the way forward and even the normal business entrepreneurs..
Or even tho u know u a baller come in here and show d way forward...

Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove, onila, hector, onila, tosyne2much
I made about 130k, I was was posted to a school of health, I lectured and sold handouts, collected blocking from students too. Even blocking isn't new to hausa students... Lolz
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by babington91(m): 6:39am On Jan 11, 2016
Cutehector:
word of advice, if u want to save during ur Nysc service year, pls dnt serve in these following states

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Calabar
is calabar a state?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by hotrat4all(m): 6:41am On Jan 11, 2016
During my NYSC service year in Akwa Ibom I made nothing less than 400,000naira and that I used to start my business immediately after my servIce in July last year, and today my biz is booming and my people are so proud of me. How I made the money is what some would ask. I made ur by saving my entire federal allowee which was 19+, my state allowee which was 10k and I taught secretly in a private skul every tuesday which dey also paid me. All dis sum up together gave me d 400k. Though I had an aunty in Uyo so feeding wasnt my problem and she gave me pocket money on daily bases cos I also assisted her in her shop whenever am less busy. A nice experience though and u bless God nd NYSC

5 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Escobapablo(m): 6:43am On Jan 11, 2016
I went home on passing out day with 87k. Dec 2002. Pokiskum, your state. Arrears of allowance from HMB, Potiskum.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Harjet(m): 6:44am On Jan 11, 2016
Served in Kwara C14.. Saved about 110k... Tho I was posted to a small nupe town in Edu LGA.. The people der were just basically farmers. No state allowee.. Savings was just from Federal allowee itself and the inec allowances.. Tho things were basically cheap. Doing home lessons der was just waste of time.. Fellow CMs dt did lessons were just complaining, imagine doing lesson for 4 kids and been paid 3k
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by bolamide2016: 6:47am On Jan 11, 2016
well... as for me I served in jigawa state gumel to b precise. Nysc money 19k plus state alawee wch is 16k( it is 5k but cos of my course dey paid 16k y dey do DT I don't know am a graduate of biochemistry) so I stayed in d family auz NCCF where I don't pay for house rent my ppa is just 5mins from where I stay to cut d story short at d end of d service I saved 150k wch I use #100k at kano and kaduna market to start clothes business and Italy gold den d remaining #50k I use to flex my self wen I reach lag cos nothing to flex at jigawa at all. Tithe, donations, and some other activities took d rest and charity den cos all my siblings think av arrived, I remember spending 60k during Xmas festive DEC 2014... yaa and I didn't involve myself in d election. If I had den I ll save up to 200k I ran om cos it was an opportunity for me to travel my principal is one wicked man like dt
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Cutehector(m): 6:54am On Jan 11, 2016
babington91:
is calabar a state?
my apologies, I will make d change immediately. Thanks for d correction

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 11, 2016
macaranta:
The first step to saving money during Nysc is cutting expenses by living in a sub urban area(cities will drain you).

Fed. Allawee+state allawee+ a very generous school principal=Basic Salary
iNec officer+exam supervision allowance+remotely supervising business =secondary salary.

CDs President+POP party money+sensitization money=Dasuki salary.

How u take make money from being the CDS PRESIDENT?
gimme tipz oh

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by IamChiboi(m): 7:06am On Jan 11, 2016
I was able to save up 200k after service year. I was earning well for a Corper that year in Ekiti wink
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Madeb: 7:07am On Jan 11, 2016
Cutehector:
word of advice, if u want to save during ur Nysc service year, pls dnt serve in these following states

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Cross river
and plateau
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 11, 2016
I was earning close to #230,000 monthly.
At the END of the service year, I was able to
1) Get myself a good car.
2) Get a lady pregnant.
3) Get myself a house.
4) Get myself another Job, but not as viable as d former.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by fabiyi78(m): 7:24am On Jan 11, 2016
I served in a restaurant, I don't pay for food, housing is free all my 12 months alawi was saved. I made additional 200k from the eatry job, at end of my service year I got almost 600k. But almost all d money gone by looking for good job which I av never got till now

6 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 11, 2016
activelyA:

Really nice and hectic...
The home lesson u took was it for your school students?
What do you advise for a corp member whose ppa is a boarding sch?
No, they are adults aged. He or she can organise a lesson for the students during evening hours but the school authority must be aware.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Corpers In Suit: Checkout This NYSC Outfit (Photo) / NYSC: Female Corper Poses With A Gun (Photos) / Pictures Of The 5 Corpers Who Died In An Accident While Going To NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.