Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? (23219 Views)

Boko Haram Releases A Propaganda Footage Of Life In Sambisa Forest. Photos / $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 / Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by sweetgala(m): 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
Cc snailspeed

@op. The article you are writing a rejoinder to clearly spelt out that the 2.1billion naira is the amount of money budgeted for the ONSA, part of the funding for that 2.1 billion naira is from the Abacha loot.

Nobody is calling dasuki a saint but we want a clear seperation of propaganda from facts.

I will implore the op to read the charge against dasuki and see that he is being charged for less than a billion dollars while propaganda has made us to see every thing as black

Does not make him any less a thief, why he has managed to accumulate himself a grand number of sycophantic sympathisers who should be the most aggrieved is what puzzles me
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Ttalk: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
TyrantInAsoRock:

What trash is this one saying
When did Jonathan finally got the weapon?
After USA frustrated him

So he got the weapon by 2007 and wait till 2015?

Goan sleep maybe ur brain might have settled

Clap for yourself, your wisdom can only be compare to King Solomon.

Go back and read my post, and dont let sentiment becloud your reasoning faculty.

Are you saying Nigeria Army dont have any equipment before your corrupt Presido assume power?

Those weapon are enough to defeat ragtag BH before the turned monster, Badeh the former Defense Minister says Jonathan didn't buy any arms and you are here speaking French
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by freddaboh(m): 5:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This article is to put to rest the attempt by some opponent of the ongoing anti-corruption fight to label the $2.2billion Arms scandal a propaganda.

While some opponent of the #armsgate probe allege that the money involved is $300million, facts on ground shows otherwise.

The $322 million Diverted Abacha Loot
Firstly, let me clarify on the $322million(not $300million) Abacha loot.

The said Abacha's loot came in mid(and late) 2014 from the Principality of Liechtenstein($227million) and the State of Jersey in the Channels' Island.

Before the monies even came, the FG set up a three man interministerial committee comprising of exNSA Sambo Dasuli, ex-justice minister Muhammed Adoke and ex-finance minister Ngozi Iwaela.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/fg-receive-n37bn-abachas-loot-june-25/

The FG panel recommended that the money be used to purchase arms and on January 20, 2015, Ngozi Okonjo Iwaela sent a memo to President Jonathan to transfer $322 million to Sambo Dasuki which was approved.
Excerpt of the letter reads...

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/how-okonjo-iweala-diverted-n61-4bn-abacha-loot-to-nsa-report/

This was confirmed by NOI in her December 10, 2015 statement through her spokesperson Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu. Here is a quote in his statement

www.punchng.com/arms-scam-i-transferred-322m-to-dasuki-says-okonjo-iweala/

I think this has been clarified that the $322 million was also enmarked for arms purchase. Let us see whether it was then entire money or a part of the whole.

The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal
After the sack of Sambo Dasuki as NSA in July 2015, the FG set up panel to investigate arms purchase from March 2007 to 2015 when Dasuki left as it was discovered that though the FG under Jonathan claimed to enmark billions for arms, the army authorities(including former Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh) were complaining of lack of arms to confront Boko Haram. Here is an excerpt of the committee finding

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/193398-%E2%80%8Bbuhari-orders-arrest-of-ex-nsa-dasuki-others-indicted-in-arms-contract-report.html

If you add the figures above, it will give an estimated total of $2.2billion. Also, the emboldened is clear enough to tell that the diverted arms money was from 2012 to 2015. While the $322 million is part of the entire arms money, it is not the ONLY money involved. Dasuki was appointed NSA in July 2012.

The panel also discoverd that “The contracts, which were said to be for the purchase of four Alpha Jets, 12 helicopters, bombs and ammunition were not executed and the equipment were never supplied to the Nigerian Air Force, neither are they in its inventory.

Is The $2.2billion Arms Probe Still A Propaganda?
After reading the above, will someone still call the $2.2 billion arms probe a "propaganda"?

If you read all the statements of Sambo Dasuki, he never denied the total money involved. He merely said that all payment were approved by Goodluck Jonathan
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/arms-contracts-payments-endorsed-by-ex-president-jonathan-dasuki/120239.html.

Even Jonathan's statement in the USA of not approving $2.2 billion at once does not invalidate the subject. Nowhere did anybody allege that the entire $2.2 billion came in one batch. It is the estimated cumulative of extra-budgetary amount on arms probe from 2012 to March 2015.

We are at a period where we have to choose between taking a position calling for the prosecution of alleged corrupt government officials and their allies, or standing behind the corrupt element to fight against the anti-corruption crusade. This is not about APC and PDP but about Nigeria. There is no sitting on the fence.

Since taking this noble position on the fight against corruption, I have been abused, insulted and called names by opponent of the corruption fight. Nevertheless, I shall not yield to blackmail nor cease from standing for justice. Justice must be served!

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

Thank God you've gotten your senses back. The fight against corruption is the responsibility of every Nigerian, it is our duty to our motherland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by kasay: 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista, you have earned my respect.

You have deep insight, clear perspective and uncommon analytical thought processes combined with excellent reporting,researching and logical thinking, and fuel by deep sense of patriotism and objectivity.

Thanks for this brilliant submission and clarification.

Nothing could have deflated the ignorant and partisan perspective of the guy that called himself "Snail Speed"

Plsss send my your phone contacts. We need to cross-breed ideas regularly.

My Respect Sir!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by muredo(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
HEAR THE THIEVES
1- I acted based on Jonathan instruction- Dasuki
2- I didn't give order-
Jonathan
3- I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation- Iyorchia Ayu
4- I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m- Bode George
5-I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes- Bafarawa
6-I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office- Thisday Obaigbena.
7-I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity- Dokpesi
8- I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where- Bafarawa
9- I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo, Bode George and others-
Yuguda
10- The president asked be to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP
delegates- Dasuki
11-My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN- Dasuki account officer.
12-I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land.- Nimasa DG.
With all these looting and many more some
mundane are still shouting no sign of
change yet, they even say it's a political persecution. But, I believe, it is the right thing to
do. If you believe too, send this to other people to
garner more support for fight against political corruption.

If you like called it anything,AT YOUR OWN RISK

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by muredo(m): 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
freddaboh:

Thank God you've gotten your senses back. The fight against corruption is the responsibility of every Nigerian, it is our duty to our motherland.

Thanks my brother,either the money is for toilet or to buy fuel,it has been established that those rogues collected money from their pay master,and some youth so to say" THE LEADER OF TOMORROW INDEED" still want to justify and exonerate THIEVES
If you like ,you can write books on their behalf,this corruption crusade will yield result by God grace
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
kasay:
TonyeBarcanista, you have earned my respect.

You have deep insight, clear perspective and uncommon analytical thought processes combined with excellent reporting,researching and logical thinking, and fuel by deep sense of patriotism and objectivity.

Thanks for this brilliant submission and clarification.

Nothing could have deflated the ignorant and partisan perspective of the guy that called himself "Snail Speed"

Plsss send my your phone contacts. We need to cross-breed ideas regularly.

My Respect Sir!!
You can send me PM via TonyeBarcanista@gmail.com
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by fromnigeria(m): 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This article is to put to rest the attempt by some opponent of the ongoing anti-corruption fight to label the $2.2billion Arms scandal a propaganda.

While some opponent of the #armsgate probe allege that the money involved is $300million, facts on ground shows otherwise.

The $322 million Diverted Abacha Loot
Firstly, let me clarify on the $322million(not $300million) Abacha loot.

The said Abacha's loot came in mid(and late) 2014 from the Principality of Liechtenstein($227million) and the State of Jersey in the Channels' Island.

Before the monies even came, the FG set up a three man interministerial committee comprising of exNSA Sambo Dasuli, ex-justice minister Muhammed Adoke and ex-finance minister Ngozi Iwaela.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/fg-receive-n37bn-abachas-loot-june-25/

The FG panel recommended that the money be used to purchase arms and on January 20, 2015, Ngozi Okonjo Iwaela sent a memo to President Jonathan to transfer $322 million to Sambo Dasuki which was approved.
Excerpt of the letter reads...

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/how-okonjo-iweala-diverted-n61-4bn-abacha-loot-to-nsa-report/

This was confirmed by NOI in her December 10, 2015 statement through her spokesperson Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu. Here is a quote in his statement

www.punchng.com/arms-scam-i-transferred-322m-to-dasuki-says-okonjo-iweala/

I think this has been clarified that the $322 million was also enmarked for arms purchase. Let us see whether it was then entire money or a part of the whole.

The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal
After the sack of Sambo Dasuki as NSA in July 2015, the FG set up panel to investigate arms purchase from March 2007 to 2015 when Dasuki left as it was discovered that though the FG under Jonathan claimed to enmark billions for arms, the army authorities(including former Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh) were complaining of lack of arms to confront Boko Haram. Here is an excerpt of the committee finding

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/193398-%E2%80%8Bbuhari-orders-arrest-of-ex-nsa-dasuki-others-indicted-in-arms-contract-report.html

If you add the figures above, it will give an estimated total of $2.2billion. Also, the emboldened is clear enough to tell that the diverted arms money was from 2012 to 2015. While the $322 million is part of the entire arms money, it is not the ONLY money involved. Dasuki was appointed NSA in July 2012.

The panel also discoverd that “The contracts, which were said to be for the purchase of four Alpha Jets, 12 helicopters, bombs and ammunition were not executed and the equipment were never supplied to the Nigerian Air Force, neither are they in its inventory.

Is The $2.2billion Arms Probe Still A Propaganda?
After reading the above, will someone still call the $2.2 billion arms probe a "propaganda"?

If you read all the statements of Sambo Dasuki, he never denied the total money involved. He merely said that all payment were approved by Goodluck Jonathan
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/arms-contracts-payments-endorsed-by-ex-president-jonathan-dasuki/120239.html.

Even Jonathan's statement in the USA of not approving $2.2 billion at once does not invalidate the subject. Nowhere did anybody allege that the entire $2.2 billion came in one batch. It is the estimated cumulative of extra-budgetary amount on arms probe from 2012 to March 2015.

We are at a period where we have to choose between taking a position calling for the prosecution of alleged corrupt government officials and their allies, or standing behind the corrupt element to fight against the anti-corruption crusade. This is not about APC and PDP but about Nigeria. There is no sitting on the fence.

Since taking this noble position on the fight against corruption, I have been abused, insulted and called names by opponent of the corruption fight. Nevertheless, I shall not yield to blackmail nor cease from standing for justice. Justice must be served!

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
i just Love you. Nister. Nigeria needs more of your kind

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by fx45(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
tuniski:
.... where will succour comes from?
Football betting.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by tuniski: 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Where did you see #Security vote? If the whole extra-budgetary stuff was discovered while Dasuki held sway, how does that invalidate the findings? Do you read at all?
security vote is all monies for security aside the salaries and overheads. So it mustn't be called security vote to qualify as one! The whole expenditure under ONSA is security vote. The rest are for defense budget.
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by coruso(m): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
[center]read this[/center]
Putting the Record Straight.

$2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015.

I have been following the so called Dasukigate and I am amazed how easy it is for a government to use the media to deceive and distract the ignorant masses.
History has shown that propaganda remains the biggest tool of any government that intends to enslave a people.

Unfortnately, even the current opposition has been quite incompetent in putting the records straight

For the records, there is nothing like a $2.1B arms money. It was a propaganda masterstroke well concotted by the DSS and EFCC to distract everyone from the incompetence of the Buhari administration.

That is why former president Goodluck Jonathan has come out twice now to put the records staright that he never approved any $2.1B arms money.

But it seems the ignorant masses still dont get it. So where did the "$2.1B arms money" headline originate from?

$2.1B was the monies that was allocated to the office of the NSA throughout Dasuki's tenure as NSA. These monies come under SECURITY VOTE.

It was not money allocated to the purchase of weapons as the DSS and the EFCC have claimed. That is why they cant take Dasuki to court. They will lose woefully.

Security vote is not money allocated for arms purchase. Of the whole monies that make up the $2.1B, only the $300 million from the returned Abacha loot was actually recommended for the purchase of arms.

That is why in court, the charges brought against Dasuki was in that range. But they are likely going to lose in court for that because weapons were actually purchased.

Whether they are worth $300 million is what the EFCC will have to prove in court. But from the way they have been refusing to follow the court process, one is safe to assume that they dont trust their own case against Dasuki.

But why did they go with the headlines of "$2.1 Billion arms purchase money" when they knew it was not the case?

Because the whole anti coruption fight was only a propaganda stunt from the beginning.

It was a well crafted stunt to distract the masses and persecute any dissenting voice so Buhari can fully consolidate power.

Does that mean I think many of the politicians mentioned in the scandal are clean? By no means!

Nigerian politicians are corrupt without a doubt including the presidency and everyone in the rulling APC party.

The president's campaign itself was sponsored from corruption. The Amaechi corruption scandals are well documented with very strong evidence.

If Dasuki has stolen any funds, he should be prosecuted accordingly, but the media propaganda and charade has got to stop.

Media trial is injustice in itself. I find it really deceitful when I see lines like "what will you tell the Nigerian soldiers that didnt have weapons to fight and were killed because Dasuki shared the arms money".

That is nothing but propaganda and trying to appeal to sentiments to push a narrative. If that were the case, what has the same military been using to fight BH in the last 8 months since Buhari has not bought any new weapons?

What weapons did the army use to push back BH prior to the 2015 elections? Did they push BH back with their bare hands too? Even Lie Mohammed claims BH has been defeated. With which weapons did the army defeat BH? With their bare hands?

It is important we put all these straight so we dont fall for cheap propoaganda by a government that has completely lost its way.

The same government that claims they are fighting corruption came out with a terrible corruption laden budget where they intended to connect cables from the President's residence to the drivers residence with N300 million.

In fact, the budget of yams was so laden with coruption that they had to shamelessly withdraw it.

The world has changed. If the current government thinks they will continue to rule with propaganda, they should think again because they will be exposed again and again.

Thank God for social media and the Internet
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Lifeangel(m): 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
I'm sorry,sorry oh,I'm sorry for nigeria.I'm sorry,sorry oh. I'm sorry for africa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa: IPOB Members Are Stark Illiterates, Nomadic Biafrans Without Brains / Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load / Buhari Never Banned From Entering America At Any Time - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.