Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? (23215 Views)

Boko Haram Releases A Propaganda Footage Of Life In Sambisa Forest. Photos / $2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015 / Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Ecoterrorism(f): 11:57am On Jan 14, 2016
joseph1832:
Yea right? Like the courts have been doing a good job for a while now right?
the judges only act on what is brought to their table and also we need to look at the constitution to know if there should be a review in the criminal justice system

I'm not holding brief for the judges but remember in law court facts with irrefutable evidence are used to determine cases.

Do you know that if by peradventure dasuki is found guilty he won't serve more than four years because the penal code has not yet been reviewed. Bode George comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by joseph1832(m): 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
I laugh hard when anybody thinks he/she is a saint or doesn't have ulterior motives.
Please continue laughing hard.
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by drss(m): 12:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
bros12345:
This thread lacks constructive and intelligent discussions that characterised the snailspeed thread yesterday. I just enjoyed that thread, whether from bacanista and others. This counter thread is just too boring and poor of intelligent argument.

APc sympathisers Pls do a better job. Get some intelligent guys to come here and make comments. Even the links baacanista posted just supported what snailspeed wrote.

For now I'm more inclined to reason with snalspeed than this op.
...as usual d op is basing his argument on newspapers. same on propaganda media outlets used by buari to decieve d public about d true nature of dasukigate.

3 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
Randerl:

God Bless You. May Your Days Be Long and Fulfilled With The Riches and Glory of God. Amen.

Amen and you too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by abiambo(m): 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
there is a saying that the end of a thing justifies the means, but on the other hand we know that fighting evil by doing evil never goes well, most people in this space misunderstand the stand of some of us, YES we want corruption stamped out of the system but we dont want to loose our collective or individual freedoms in the process, corruption done at that scale with such impunity cant be to difficult to prove in a competent court, efcc or icpc have used millions of dollars to train university graduate they have recruited in the last decade , why not properly investigate and gather evidence before u arrest anyone u feel has stolen so when u go to court the judge will not have any reasonable doubt, these people that stole if proven in court have to face the full weight of the law but not before then, our justice system is inocent until proven guilty not the other way round
cc @tonyebarcanista

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by ejiinii: 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
drss:
...as usual d op is basing his argument on newspapers. same on propaganda media outlets used by buari to decieve d public about d true nature of dasukigate.

You have said it all

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by joseph1832(m): 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
the judges only act on what is brought to their table and also we need to look at the constitution to know if there should be a review in the criminal justice system

I'm not holding brief for the judges but remember in law court facts with irrefutable evidence are used to determine cases.

Do you know that if by peradventure dasuki is found guilty he won't serve more than four years because the penal code has not yet been reviewed. Bode George comes to mind
Yes Bode George, funny if this same convict a yahoo boy he will spend way longer jail term than George.

Our courts are very well known to give selective justice when it comes to matters that affect any member of the political class. It is very easy for them to twist and delay the judicial system because they have the money to pay thousands of S.A.N to do so.

For me, Dasuki and his elk should remain where they are.
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Jesusloveyou: 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
Alxmyr:
I was warned against people who seek to always be correct at all times.
They shift position like a chameleon and willing to turn facts upside down to sooth their ever changing position.
Op is such a person.

However to the issue at hand. Have you ever heard or read any documentation from the accused on the $2.1 Billion arms deal?
Is there any evidence concrete to support all your assertions except newspaper excerpts that are not admissible before competent court?
If there is enough evidence against Dasuki, why not proceed on trial once and for all? Is he saying he does not want to face trial?
Why sensationalise an issue, gag the judiciary and blame everyone for a simple matter that you can come to court with and get justice?

The burden of proof is on EFCC and its employer to proof Dasuki has done something wrong. And by the way, what we are saying is simple:

SINCE DASUKI IS BEING TRIED ON PAGES OF NEWSPAPER, THE COURT TRIAL MUST ALSO BE OPEN TO ALL. NO SECRET TRIAL. WE WANT TO KNOW! AND WE DESERVE TO KNOW!
efcc is not trying dansukl on newspaper, it is d newspaper that is given u little fact according to "source", efcc has not actually given press conference to indict anybody, moreso, it is even d suspected persons that are making self confessions

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by joseph1832(m): 12:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
drss:
Well thank goodness he used newspaper postings, if he had used blogs, I wonder what you would have said?

But since you're privy to the true nature of Dasukigate, why not share your source, mind you, please don't post newspaper links.

I await your response.
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Bollinger(m): 12:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
ejiinii:
It's a propaganda everything the op wrote is vague and complex unlike what snail speed wrote

The simple question for tonyebarcanista is
1; did good luck Jonathan give dasuki 2.1 billion dollars to purchase arm or not

2; security vote to dasuki can't he use it for any other things like making orientation against the terrorist on radio and TV

3; if it's not propaganda why is buhari afraid of the court

4; why efcc gives out information that they suppose to give to court to media only to tarnish their image

In summary tonyebarcanista fear God don't use because of what you want to gain from apc to write against your conscience

I think Nigerians are asking the wrong questions. The right question that should be asked is, why is there a monetary system in place in Nigeria where funds are "given" to a minister and the said minister can access those funds in CASH. If it is true about what has been said about Dasuki, it means he had been withdrawing these funds for a long time and everybody was ok with it. The dependence on cash transactions and the evidence of zero accountability is the reason we are even talking about this today. I can almost guarantee this alleged crime by Dasuki is happening in every single ministry in Nigeria. I can also attest first hand the massive corruption going on in the Nigerian consulate in Berlin. They insist you pay cash for services not advertised on their NIS website and insist you pay cash. If a minister in one ministry can request cash withdrawals with no one batting an eye, then why would other ministers not do the same. The reason people can't see this clearly is the jungle justice mentality in Nigeria. Nigeria needs to move away from cash transactions and start holding EVERYONE finacially accountable.

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Tochaigh: 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
Alxmyr:
I was warned against people who seek to always be correct at all times.
They shift position like a chameleon and willing to turn facts upside down to sooth their ever changing position.
Op is such a person.

However to the issue at hand. Have you ever heard or read any documentation from the accused on the $2.1 Billion arms deal?
Is there any evidence concrete to support all your assertions except newspaper excerpts that are not admissible before competent court?
If there is enough evidence against Dasuki, why not proceed on trial once and for all? Is he saying he does not want to face trial?
Why sensationalise an issue, gag the judiciary and blame everyone for a simple matter that you can come to court with and get justice?

The burden of proof is on EFCC and its employer to proof Dasuki has done something wrong. And by the way, what we are saying is simple:

SINCE DASUKI IS BEING TRIED ON PAGES OF NEWSPAPER, THE COURT TRIAL MUST ALSO BE OPEN TO ALL. NO SECRET TRIAL. WE WANT TO KNOW! AND WE DESERVE TO KNOW!

You don't know who TonyeBarcanista is?! He a political LovePeddler, with no moral standing, a self acclaimed e-intellectual and a protection-seeker. Give him his faeces as cake and he would eulogize you forever. So don't waste your time, except you can present his faeces to him as cake.

Don't bother about his supporters too, they are worse. He's paid with cash and rice, but they.. they are just dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Niceiroko:
its a scam, they made us to believe it was all 2.2b at once so GEJ is correct, the story should be said well and this way
Nobody said that...
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Ecoterrorism(f): 12:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
joseph1832:
Yes Bode George, funny if this same convict a yahoo boy he will spend way longer jail term than George.

Our courts are very well known to give selective justice when it comes to matters that affect any member of the political class. It is very easy for them to twist and delay the judicial system because they have the money to pay thousands of S.A.N to do so.

For me, Dasuki and his elk should remain where they are.
the law can be funny a times, if you have a good lawyer who will sell your good attributes and also convince a judge Hw u have brought succour to people because of the high office you are occupying.

The judges are not to blame rather the intention of the culprit and the yahoo boy differs.

The yahoo boy had an intention from the beginning to defraud while that politician had an intention to serve.

You can substitute Motive for Intention.

2 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by joseph1832(m): 12:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Amen and you too
And you, stop saying amen, when you were told about what some members of the PDP did to sabotage this country economically and military, you refused to listen, rather, you started opening threads left, right and centre.

Now that the truth have started revealing itself, about the level of impunity and theft that went on unhindered in the last administration, you're singing a new tune.

The PDP, under OBJ, Yar'Adua, and worst of all, GEJ were the worst thing that ever happened to the people of Nigeria, and I'm proud to be among the people who sent themback to their village!!!.

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by akinsbaba2015: 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
Propaganda my foot. Public funds were allegedly misappropriated and yet some are busy shouting propaganda. What of the NIMASA case? Charges have been filed in court and to be fair in all cases (including DASUKIGATE) the prosecution and defence are given time to prepare for the eventual litigation. There is ACJA now which will ensure that criminal cases are not delayed by frivolous court injunctions. Public office holders only need to fear the consequences of their actions. I want to conclude by saying that "surely there is no hiding place anymore for alleged looters of the nation's treasury"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by joseph1832(m): 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
the law can be funny a times, if you have a good lawyer who will sell your good attributes and also convince a judge Hw u have brought succour to people because of the high office you are occupying.

The judges are not to blame rather the intention of the culprit and the yahoo boy differs.

The yahoo boy had an intention from the beginning to defraud while that politician had an intention to serve.

You can substitute Motive for Intention.
LMAO! You and I both know whatever the yahoo boy did doesn't really affect the economy of Nigeria, because the money he steals isn't owned by Nigeria, on the other hand...

Saying a politician doesn't have an intention to defraud is like saying you don't know how I hate your guts and narrow mindedness when it comes to political matters.

Just who is deceiving who? Imagine!
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
Foolish is he that doesn't read the papers and MORE Foolish is he that beloved everything he reads in the papers
Which is more credible, what "he reads in the papers" or what he is told (hearsay)? It's time you knew that the fight against corruption is for a better Nigeria.
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Jesusloveyou: 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Dokpesi is a business man and he did business with the office if the NSA. Very legitimate business. people like you are just zombies who shouldn't be allowed to comment on something they know nothing about on social media. Rubbish
hahahahaha, laugh wan kill me, so NSA has legitimate business with dokpesi to purchase arms for military to fight boko ragtag
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by great664(m): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
Good Analysis TonyeBarcanista

My view on this arm scandal is that the said $2.2Billion meant to purcahse arm was not fully used but arms were purchase.

Remember that the US and other countries barred selling arms to Nigeria and this make the last admin to seek alternative in purchasing from the black market ... Ad Buhari said GEJ bought weapon with "Raw Cash". In Black market, I don't think there is any documents or receipts showing purchase of arms and the last govt are not ready to betray thier source of acquiring arms through the Black Market

Buhari might be playing as a puppet to World Powers just to give them the source of the Black Market, and that's what is making this whole issue look like a propaganda.

My take is Arms was bought though not the full money allocated and there's no documentation of it since its from the black market and that's what the soldiers have been using. Remember that bubu has never bought any arm since his inauguration

1 Like

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by akinsbaba2015: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
You never would imagine the extent to which a few unpatriotic elements will go in other to defend the nefarious practices of the alleged looters. Such was the case yesterday with that article that had no basis in law and common sense.
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by don4real18(m): 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
tuniski:
It is a very big propaganda! The probe of security votes at it stand is a propaganda. However, let the probe over the said period 2007 to 2015 not just Dasuki's tenure. Anyway, the whole #armsgate will end up underwhelming with much hot air and little substance. The naira is depreciating 310 to a dollar and all we are sold on is #dasukigate and missing this or that, may our economy not be missing for too long oooo! The streets ain't smiling and the offices are frowning where will succour comes from?
Why is the naira depreciating?
Will you blame it on this government or mismanagement of previous administrations
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by dukie25: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
when did they push back bh, or u don,t know dansuki and gej was d sponsor of bh, d boko boys they could not fight for 5yrs, sudenly postpone election to defect bh within 2wks, and after election d defected bh rise again, if arms were actually bought to defect bh before election, so where is d purchase arms and why did d defected bh rise again, dansuki or gej never purchase weapon according to alex badeh, or defect bh according to shekau, stop been saTANist or stop supporting corruption

Work on your English, thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Wizlove(m): 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
Pidggin:
If it is not a BIG HOAX why is your post filled with extracts from Media houses? Why not from facts and evidences from court proceedings?

This is exactly what the APC did, they used statements made during media interviews to create the 2.2 billion dollar propaganda.

If truly the NA lacked weapons to fight how did GEJ's govt, push back B.H and ensure their activities were significanrly reduced before the 2015 election? Also which weapons have the N.A been using to fight B.H since May 29th? How can the FG attempt to win a war without adequate weapons? Are you not aware that the N.A and F.G have declared that the war has been won, was it won by using stones, arrows and catapults?

Which investigative panel? The one made up of APC apologists?! Did they truly conduct an unbiased investigation? If at all they have implicating findings, the matter should be taken to court and remain there until the court arrives at a verdict.

If this is not witch hunting, why did the arms purchase investigation start from March 2007, what happened to previous years?

No conclusions on this issue is valid until the court pronounces it as such. This matter should be left for the judiciary to resolve.

On point my brother. Gone are those days when the Yoruba media will make us believe what they want us to believe. Projecting themselves as the most educated people. Now we know better. Thank God and GEJ for FOI.

3 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by wristbangle: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
dtruth3:
With due respect Mr TonyeBarcanista, I have been willing to ask you this question.
Please I will be very grateful if you can oblige me.

1. Are you still a member of the PDP?

2. Are you considering ever decamping from PDP to APC?

3. If question (2) is YES, hope you will be bold enough to Announce it officially?

Finally, I have read your write up, and its most regrettable that you have provided only the sources, that have collaborated with this present administration to play the JUDGE and the JURY.

If I may ask, has the FG ever given Dasuki an equal opportunity to defend itself?

At the bolded When Dasuki's trial in court emanates which I know the FG will give him the opportunity to defend himself, I know that at the end he will be found guilty but what will interest me most is for him to reveal the remaining miscreants that were also involved in the looting practise.

Tonyebarcanista, excellent article. Your diplomacy this time around depicts there are always 2 sides of a coin. Don't mind shallow minded and brain washed people calling you a traitor.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Ecoterrorism(f): 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
joseph1832:
LMAO! You and I both know whatever the yahoo boy did doesn't really affect the economy of Nigeria, because the money he steals isn't owned by Nigeria, on the other hand...

Saying a politician doesn't have an intention to defraud is like saying you don't know how I hate your guts and narrow mindedness when it comes to political matters.

Just who is deceiving who? Imagine!
you don't know that foreign investors run away from countries where there is a high rate of scam than where corruption reigns supreme. Obj set up etc then because the US EU and other countries were complaining about Nigeria scams and how it affects their citizenry.

All the same the two are evil and should never be condoned in any sane society
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by dukie25: 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
I reject Hunger IJN

[size=13pt]Someone has received protection at last... hahaha[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
great664:

My view on this arm scandal is that the said $2.2Billion meant to purcahse arm was not fully used but arms were purchase.

Remember that the US and other countries barred selling arms to Nigeria and this make the last admin to seek alternative in purchasing from the black market ... Ad Buhari said GEJ bought weapon with "Raw Cash". In Black market, I don't think there is any documents or receipts showing purchase of arms and the last govt are not ready to betray thier source of acquiring arms through the Black Market

Buhari might be playing as a puppet to World Powers just to give them the source of the Black Market, and that's what is making this whole issue look like a propaganda.

My take is Arms was bought though not the full money allocated and there's no documentation of it since its from the black market and that's what the soldiers have been using. Remember that bubu has never bought any arm since his inauguration
Which arms werebought? The panel has this to say...

“The contracts, which were said to be for the purchase of four Alpha Jets, 12 helicopters, bombs and ammunition were not executed and the equipment were never supplied to the Nigerian Air Force, neither are they in its inventory."

We'll like to know the arms they bought. So many lives were lost bro
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by akinsbaba2015: 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
great664:

. Did you hear ALEX BADEH speak when he was pulled out of the army? The government of the day investigated cases of misappropriation of the ONSA spending which has opened this can of worms. Governance is about accountability and probity without which every elected & appointed official is free to steal & divert as much as they want from funds allocated within and outside of the budget.
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by Ecoterrorism(f): 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
joseph1832:
And you, stop saying amen, when you were told about what some members of the PDP did to sabotage this country economically and military, you refused to listen, rather, you started opening threads left, right and centre.

Now that the truth have started revealing itself, about the level of impunity and theft that went on unhindered in the last administration, you're singing a new tune.

The PDP, under OBJ, Yar'Adua, and worst of all, GEJ were the worst thing that ever happened to the people of Nigeria, and I'm proud to be among the people who sent themback to their village!!!.
why are you now courting barcansta trouble again. You can never change. He has ported to your crew and you are still reprimanding him like a baby. Shoro ni yen

2 Likes

Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by ChikezieU(m): 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
EbukaFran:

Rubbish

Without resolving issues of the past, then your future is bleak.

Your history if left uncorrected determines your future

Nigeria needs to defeat public corruption once and for all. That is the most important factor of the failure of this country to achieve its potentials. As of 2009, a Yale Report suggests that since 1960, Nigeria earned $1 trillion from oil revenue out of which $400 billion was misappropriated. That is 40% of the revenue.

We can imagine the % that went into private pockets between 2008-2015. The future generations will never forgive us if we fail to nip it.

The economic hardship Nigerians face today is a result of last minute dollarisation of the country by Jonathan in an effort to win a second term plus a decline in oil prices.

Recovery of some of these loot will help fund the budget and reduce the budget deficit> it will also lay a new foundation for the Nation so that people will know that there are consequences for robbing the country.
F9
Re: Is The $2.2 Billion Arms Deal Fraud Really A Propaganda? by joseph1832(m): 12:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
you don't know that foreign investors run away from countries where there is a high rate of scam than where corruption reigns supreme. Obj set up etc then because the US EU and other countries were complaining about Nigeria scams and how it affects their citizenry.

All the same the two are evil and should never be condoned in any sane society
Oho. But aren't you the one saying politicians don't steal intentionally?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Xenophobia: S/Africa Proposes Cultural Exchange Programme With Nigerian Youths / Reno Omokri Calls Out Buhari & Osinbajo For Not Attending The Funeral Of COAS / Precious Chikwendu: 'I Am Grateful For Being Single; My Ex Is A Narcissist'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.