Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,798 members, 7,862,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

Hadeeth Of The Day - Islam for Muslims (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadeeth Of The Day (49817 Views)

The Twelve Caliph Hadeeth / The Hadeeth Of The Eleven Women : Sahih Muslim / Hadeeth Or Koran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by ifyalways(f): 10:33am On Jan 12, 2011
babs787:

Narrated Abu Musa:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "The example of a believer who recites the Qur'an and acts on it, like a citron which tastes nice and smells nice. And the example of a believer, who does not recite the Qur'an but acts on it, is like a date which tastes good but has no smell. And the example of a hypocrite who recites the Qur'an is like a Raihana (sweet basil) which smells good but tastes bitter. And the example of a hypocrite who does not recite the Quran is like a colocynth which tastes bitter and has a bad smell." [b][/b](Sahih Bukhari - 4727)

cool
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by tbaba1234: 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2011
The Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is reported to have said that:

“What a man spends on his family is a Sadaqa, and a man will be rewarded even for the morsel that he raises to his wife's lips.” ( Bukhari and Muslim )
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2011
“No calamity befalls a Muslim but that Allah expiates some of his sins because of it, even though it were the prick he receives from a thorn.”
(Narrated by Sayyida Aisha radhiAllahu anha, Sahih Bukhari, Vol: (7) Hadith No: (544))
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by babs787(m): 7:55am On Jan 13, 2011
On the authority of Ibn Omar, the son of Omar bin Al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with both, who said : I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) "Islam has been built on five [pillars]: testifying that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammed is the messenger of Allah, performing the prayers, paying the zakat, making the pilgrimage to the House, and fasting in Ramadan."

[Bukhari]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by babs787(m): 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2011
Narrated Anas bin Malik: I heard Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) saying, "Allah said, 'If I deprive my slave of his two beloved things (i.e., his eyes) and he remains patient, I will let him enter Paradise in compensation for them.'"

[Bukhari Book70, Vol 7, No 556]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 14, 2011
What if he commit other sins,and yet hes patient,will he go paradise too,that means all the patient blind people of the Northern Nigeria will go paradise right?hmmm. Theres more to paradise brother,may Allah forgive us,amin.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by babs787(m): 7:15pm On Jan 14, 2011
@Uplawal

What if he commit other sins,and yet hes patient,will he go paradise too,that means all the patient blind people of the Northern Nigeria will go paradise right?hmmm. Theres more to paradise brother,may Allah forgive us,amin.

Like I told you in one of the threads, you need to be patient when learning about Islam.  I still do not understand what you are trying to insinuate and you need enlightenement when it comes to Islam issues and it is better to ask questions that act in an 'I too know manner'. You should know me better and I would not be dragged into any argument.

Now, the above hadith is very straight forward and never said that only the enboldened people would enter paradise. In fact, the second deprivation which is patience mentioned in the hadith goes to you because you are not patient in some issues and feel that you know all.

Please thread softly.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by babs787(m): 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2011
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Whoever has the following four (characteristics) will be a pure hypocrite and whoever has one of the following four characteristics will have one characteristic of hypocrisy unless and until he gives it up.

1. Whenever he is entrusted, he betrays.

2. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie.

3. Whenever he makes a covenant, he proves treacherous.

4. Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil and insulting manner."

[Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 33]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 7:40pm On Jan 14, 2011
Ibn Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:

The Messenger of Allah(SAW) said:
“A Muslim is a brother of (another) Muslim, he neither wrongs [/b]him nor does hand him over to one who does him wrong.
If anyone [b]fulfils
his brother’s needs, Allah will fulfil his needs;
if one relieves a Muslim of his[b] troubles[/b], Allah will relieve his troubles on the Day of Resurrection. . .”

[Bukhari and Muslim].
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2011
@bab787,i just dnt know why you people seems to not understand me,what is vexing or threading gra-gra got to do with this post of mine,that you required me to thread softly,honestly i dnt like it,i have not done anything against your post to say i should thread softly,pls what is gra-gra in what i have writen?
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 14, 2011
babs787:

@Uplawal

Like I told you in one of the threads, you need to be patient when learning about Islam.  I still do not understand what you are trying to insinuate and you need enlightenement when it comes to Islam issues and it is better to ask questions that act in an 'I too know manner'. You should know me better and I would not be dragged into any argument.

Now, the above hadith is very straight forward and never said that only the enboldened people would enter paradise. In fact, the second deprivation which is patience mentioned in the hadith goes to you because you are not patient in some issues and feel that you know all.

Please thread softly.
All i can say is only Allah knows our intention,i see no reason why you should tag me i too know,am learning like any other people here,and no traits of tooknowism in me,and imagine saying the patience goes to me again,well to me and those around me,and to what av written so far on nairaland,am patient,but if you find me inpatient and thinks the best way to go about it is by grudgingly saying it aloud for people to see,its not my problem,Allah knows who is patient at the end of the day.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:09am On Jan 15, 2011
"The most hated person in the sight of Allah is the most quarrelsome person."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 003 Book 043 Hadith number 637]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by babs787(m): 11:04am On Jan 15, 2011
As salam Alaekun to you all. Please do not delete.

I am very sorry for this input and never intend to derail this thread. The purpose of this thread continues after my response to my sister and would never be derailed.

@Uplawal

@bab787,i just dnt know why you people seems to not understand me,

I do not understand what you meant by 'u people' when I am the only one that addressed you. Does you response above infer that others have accused you of same?

what is vexing or threading gra-gra got to do with this post of mine,that you required me to thread softly,honestly i dnt like it,i have not done anything against your post to say i should thread softly,pls what is gra-gra in what i have writen?

It seems you misconstrued my post, pardon me for that.I only advised you being my sister in which you and I know ourselves. I never said you are threading gra-gra but all I said considering the fact that I read you input in threads and strongly advised that you should take things easily. In order to know about something, you should exercise a great deal of patience, ask questions constructively and never behave as if you know more than anybody or probably jump to conclusion on issues.

There is this particular thread I read your input where you openly condemned Sunni, calling them names, they are following UMAR and that they have gone astray ETC.

Infact am begining to get tired of the sunnis that claimed they are following the prophet where as they are following the innovations from the sahabas,its a shame to prefare what umar and others did over Allah and the messengers acts and deeds,they are not worthy to be called sunni but(UMAREES)OR best still,(SAHABIST)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550269.256.html

Please what made you to believe that Shia are on the right course,Sunni are doing Bidah or vice versa from all your input in that thread?

Now to your response to the hadith I posted that brought this issue:

There are ways of asking questions and the above response did not in any way showed that you asked questions but you rather jumped to conclusion simply because you did not understand the hadith.

Narrated Anas bin Malik: I heard Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) saying, "Allah said, 'If I deprive my slave of his two beloved things (i.e., his eyes) and he remains patient, I will let him enter Paradise in compensation for them.'"

I never said that it is the only way of getting to paradise but part of the ways. You do not just give meaning to sentence just by reading in which may lead you to wrong interpretation or reading out of context. Allah swt said that if he deprived His creation of two things which could be any part of the sense organs like eyes and he is patient, He would reward Him with paradise.

When Allah swt say something, He wants you to follow it without having a second thought or mixing it with something else with may incur his anger. You felt that probably they may never go to heaven even being a sinner.

You do not understand what it means to be a patient slave of Allah (swt). By being patient, you would never go against His WILL. I further do not undertand why bringing Northerners into the issue when we have blind people all over the world, be it North, East, West or South.  Also, you do not know that Muslim Sinners would enter paradise. Allah would definitely compensate anyone having defect, yet he worship Allah even more than the one that has no defect.

I also want you to know that is not possible for a human being, whether pious or not ,not to sin during his lifetime even as a pious, honest slave or Allah. It is just that there are different kind of sins and do not also think that it is your work alone that would make you enter paradise because He said that if he were to punish us for our sins, no one would have remained. On that day, Allah would forgive the sins of the inmates of paradise because it is not possible to life and not commit any minor sin.

All i can say is only Allah knows our intention,i see no reason why you should tag me i too know,am learning like any other people here,and no traits of tooknowism in me,and imagine saying the patience goes to me again,well to me and those around me,and to what av written so far on nairaland,am patient,but if you find me inpatient and thinks the best way to go about it is by grudgingly saying it aloud for people to see,its not my problem,Allah knows who is patient at the end of the day.

Uplawal, you and I started Islam in the same way (reversion). There are lots of Muslims here that have become my brothers and sisters, made me what I am today, hold them in high esteem and would never argue with them because that is one of the teachings of the prophet and form part of the brotherhood in Islam. Also there are lots of sisters here that I learn from such as Zayhal,Mukina,Riskie, ayinba1, Bibs,Ifyalways,Ronkeenuf etc (pardon me if omit your name, it is because I am typing so fact) . For the fact that someone is posting ruse,supporting it with conconcted lies which is openly known to be a lie and total deviation does not mean that it is the truth and that is the more reason I told you to thread softly, be patient and Allah would see us through.

Once again, pardon me if I might have sounded harsh or insultive. I still respect you so much and would always do. We are muslims and would always be.

Regards.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by babs787(m): 11:24am On Jan 15, 2011
Abdullah Bin Mas`ud (radhiallahu anhu) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (Sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, “A man shall be asked concerning five things on the day of resurrection: concerning his life, how he spent it; concerning his youth, how he grew old; concerning his wealth, whence he acquired it, and in what way he spent it; and what was it that he did with the knowledge that he had.” (Tirmidhi 5197)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2011
@babs787,From what i read in your post,all i could see here is another hatred you showed towards shia,you said all their claim is lies right,what made you think so,anyway,no point argueying,saying they are in deviation,takwunllah babs787,if i had said this now,you wou and others would have raised dust about it. Also i want to frantically tell you and others that may want to know,the hadith saying all muslims will go to paradise is false and is against Allah's words in the Quran,Allah dnt mention punishing anybody then removing them after a while to paradise,Allah repeatedly says,[b]eternal abode[/b]and not temporary,this particular hadith is destroying the lives of muslims,guaranteeing them unreal paradise.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by babs787(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Uplawal

From what i read in your post,all i could see here is another hatred you showed towards shia,you said all  their claim is lies right,what made you think so,anyway,no point argueying,saying they are in deviation,

This is my post you referred to:

For the fact that someone is posting ruse,supporting it with conconcted lies which is openly known to be a lie and total deviation does not mean that it is the truth and that is the more reason I told you to thread softly, be patient and Allah would see us through.

I still do not know where you came up with all your accusations up. Like I said, you all need lots of patience to be able to decipher words and ot jumping to conclusions, translating words in the best way that suites you.

if i had said this now,you wou and others would have raised dust about it. Also i want to frantically tell you and others that may want to know,the hadith saying all muslims will go to paradise is false and is against Allah's words in the Quran,Allah dnt mention punishing anybody then removing them after a while to paradise,Allah repeatedly says,eternal abodeand not temporary,this particular hadith is destroying the lives of muslims,guaranteeing them unreal paradise.

Please, how do you conclude that a certain Hadith is false?

Do you have where it says it is false or you could post the hadith here?

Do you believe Bukhari and Muslim?

This is my last post to you even if you respond cos I do not want to derail the thread.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2011
@babs787,only if the sayings does not contradict the Quran,
Allah says permanent abode,he dnt say just for the non muslims, includes anyone found unsuccessful,even muslims would be among,and theres no where in the whole of Quran which says muslims will be forgiven and taken from the hellfire,they are the hypocrite who claimed to be believers but are not,and all that dnt act according to Allahs command,so you see,it includes muslims too (disobediest/evil ones)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Azharhuddin,Paradise is forbidden for whoever slander/abuse a fellow muslim pretending to give advice in the hadith.Allah sees all that is hidden.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 6:10pm On Jan 15, 2011
uplawal:

@Azharhuddin,Paradise is forbidden for whoever slander/abuse a fellow muslim pretending to give advice in the hadith. Allah sees all that is hidden.

Sister please dont over react. I never meant to slander or abuse you or babs, I post hadith and articles so that good comes out of it. i sensed the discussion will be counter productive thats why i posted a reminder which our beloved Prophet(saw) has advised. I personally ve gained a lot when others give me such timely reminders. I dont know why you got offended by it. I apologize if i hurt your feelings. My intention was a good one, And Allah indeed knows my intention.

I have been accused too many times in this forum. I think i will take a break for sometime. InshAllah I will be back.
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2011
ok,but you dnt need need to take a break,we are all one family
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by chakula: 7:29pm On Jan 15, 2011
Azharrudeen, your intention for leaving NL for a while is not a wel come idea you should bear in your mind that whatever you are doing for the seek of Allah the reward is from Him. So that you should better ignore them.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2011
chakula:

Azharrudeen, your intention for leaving NL for a while is not a wel come idea you should bear in your mind that whatever you are doing for the seek of Allah the reward is from Him. So that you should better ignore them.

Jazakumullahu Khairan.
You are right. I should not let my emotions overwhelm myself. I just dont like being accused. I am too emotion for my own good. lol. I just realized i got shaken by a very small matter.
Imagine the immense patience of our Prophet (saw) after hearing all the taunts and insults for all those years!! Subhanallah.

May Allah bless us with patience to strive in the path of Islam.
Ameen.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 15, 2011
chakula:

Azharrudeen, your intention for leaving NL for a while is not a wel come idea you should bear in your mind that whatever you are doing for the seek of Allah the reward is from Him. So that you should better ignore them
[/quote

@CHAKULA,Those you wrote(you should better ignore them) is not how a muslim should settle or advise fellow brother,you are simply showing how bad you are,if hes got any reason to exppress himself,let him be,ok,rather than leaving it unattended to,everyone cannot be like you CHAKULA if thats the way you reason.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by ayinba1(f): 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2011
@ Babs, salam alaykum

Pls I need to talk to u. Pls send me ur number, ayinba@yahoo.com

Salam alaykum
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 3:11am On Jan 16, 2011
It is reported that, The Prophet (PBUH) said:
“Don't consider anything insignificant out of good things, even if it is that you meet your brother with a cheerful countenance.”

(Muslim)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by chakula: 8:23am On Jan 16, 2011
Uplawal,  i am not here cos of you rather for Allah's sake so whatever name you called me with, it would never hurt me and,finally i would never react the way you are reacting. Salam.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 5:02am On Jan 17, 2011
It is reported that, Prophet PBUH said ♦ :

"The imaan [/b]of Allah's servant will not be upright until his [b]heart is upright and his heart will not be upright until his [b]tongue [/b]is upright."

[Imam Ahmad 3/234 ]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 1:59am On Jan 18, 2011
A man came to the Prophet (Saw) & requested him: 'O Messenger Of Allah tell me something by which I could win the love of Allah and the people'.
The Prophet(saw) told him: "Do not love the world, and Allah will love you; and do not have a longing for that which people have, and they will love you."

(Ibn-Majah)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by babs787(m): 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2011
@Ayinba1

Pls I need to talk to u. Pls send me your number, ayinba@yahoo.com

Salam alaykum

I sent to your mailbox the next day.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by babs787(m): 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2011
Narrated Ibn Umar: Once a person asked Allah's Apostle about the night prayer. Allah's Apostle replied, "The night prayer is offered as two Rakat followed by two Rakat and so on and if anyone is afraid of the approaching dawn (Fajr prayer) he should pray one Raka and this will be a Witr for all the Rakat which he has prayed before." Nafi' told that 'Abdullah bin 'Umar used to say Taslim between (the first) two Rakat and (the third) odd one in the Witr prayer, when he wanted to attend to a certain matter (during that interval between the Rakat)

[Bukhari Volume 2 Book 16 No. 105]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:03am On Jan 19, 2011
It is reported that, Prophet SAW said: Allah will dispel his worries of one who regularly prays for forgiveness, He will lead him out of trying situations, & grant him earnings from sources he does not anticipate.
--(Abu Dawud/pg. 159)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by chakula: 8:02am On Jan 19, 2011
Jazakallah khairan Akhy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (31) (Reply)

Al Istidraaj : What MMM Participants And/or Investors Should Know / Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / Huawei Donates Cow To Abuja Mosque - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.