Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Hadeeth Of The Day - Islam for Muslims (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadeeth Of The Day (49395 Views)

The Twelve Caliph Hadeeth / The Hadeeth Of The Eleven Women : Sahih Muslim / Hadeeth Or Koran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by TopSpot: 11:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
"A muslim's issue is always a happy one. When Allah (SWA) bless him/her, he/she is happy (grateful). And when Allah (SWA) afflicts him/her, he/she is patient"

~Al-Bukhary and Muslim~

"Don't harm your brother with your tongue"

~Al-Bukhary~

3 Likes

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by TopSpot: 10:20am On Mar 21, 2013
The prophet is reported to have said:"When one of you is greeted by the people of the book (Jews and Christians) with Salamu Alykum (peace on you), say to them:Wa alykum (and upon you)"

~Bukhary and Muslim~

2 Likes

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 3:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
"The world is a prison-house for a believer and
Paradise for a non-believer."

[Muslim Book 42 No. 7058]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Musamuhdkabeer(m): 6:55am On Mar 27, 2013
muhsin: Assalamu alaikum,[center]
[/center]
It has been a long time I wanted to open a thread like this one but I used to think it was rather inappropriate. But today seeing one reckless comment made by one of our constant disturbers on this board encouraged me to start it. And I hope it'll be of help to both us--Muslims and our Christian brethren who are ready to learn and understand the only true religion of earth--Islam.

What is Hadeeth?

Hadeeth means the words, actions, approval or attributes that have been narrated from the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

And the Almighty Allah says regarding the Prophet Muhammad's words, actions, approval or attributes, "Your Companion (the Prophet of Islam) errs not nor does he deviate. Nor does he speak out of desire. It is nought but revelation that is revealed. One Mighty in Power has taught him." (Qur'an 53:2-5)

To begin:

Narrated Muawiya bin Suwald:

I heard Al-Bara' bin 'Azib saying, "The Prophet (S.A.W) orders us to do seven things and prohibited us from doing seven other things." Then Al-Bara' mentioned the following:--

(1) To pay a visit to the sick (inquiring about his health),

(2) to follow funeral processions,

(3) to say to a sneezer, "May Allah be merciful to you" (if he says, "Praise be to Allah!"wink,

(4) to return greetings,

(5) to help the oppressed,

(6) to accept invitations,

(7) to help others to fulfill their oaths.

Source: Sahi Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 625

NB:

Not only I, i.e. the author of the thread is allowed to bring up the Hadeeth for the day but anyone else. What I'll, yet, like to call our attention to is; please we should only write Saheeh Hadeeths. Thank you so much and may the Lord of the universe, the Lord of Jesus (P.B.U.H), the Lord of Muhammad (P.B.U.H), our Lord--Allah (S.W.T) bless and guide us through our lives, ameen.

Muhsin
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Musamuhdkabeer(m): 6:58am On Mar 27, 2013
Indeed these are prophetic words of rasulullah (saw)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2013
Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,
"Remember frequently the thing that cuts off pleasures,i.e. death."
[at-Tirmidhi]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Ollymore(m): 10:43am On Apr 02, 2013
May allah reward u for dis tread.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2013
Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,
"Avoid the seven fatal sins."
They said, "Messenger of Allah, what are they?"
He said,
"Associating with Allah,
sorcery,
killing a soul which Allah has forbidden, except by legal right,
consuming usury,
consuming the property of an orphan,
fleeing on the day of battle and
slandering unthinking chaste believing women."

[Riyad As Saliheen]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2013
Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,
"Beware of envy. Envy devours good actions as fire devours wood."

[Abu Dawud]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 1:56am On Apr 09, 2013
On the authority of Hadrat Anas (may Allāh be pleased with him) who said: I heard Allāh's Prophetic Messenger (may Allāh's blessings and peace be upon him) say:

Allāh the Almighty said:
"O Son of Ādam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Ādam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask for forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you; O son of Ādam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it. "

(Tirmidhī) (Hadīth Qudsī)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
Abu Hurayra said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah(saw) say,
'Anyone who falsely accuses his slave of fornication,
will have the hadd-punishment carried out on him on the Day of Rising if the case is not as he said it was.
"

[Riyad us saliheen]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by tbaba1234: 9:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
Reported by Abu Hurairah (RA): The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “My example and the example of the other Prophets before me is like that of a man who has built a house nicely and beautifully, except for a place of one brick in a corner. People go around it and wonder at its beauty, but say: ‘Would that this brick be put in its place!’ So I am that brick, and I am the end (last) of the Prophets.” (Bukhari and Muslim)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) was asked about the deed which will be foremost to lead a man to Jannah. He (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) replied,
“Fear of Allah and the good conduct.”
Then he was asked about indulgence which will admit a man to Hell (Fire) and he answered,
“The tongue and the private parts.”

[Sunan At-Tirmidhi]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 7:53pm On May 01, 2013
On the Day of Judgement, an unopened book will be brought forward and placed before Allah.
Allah will say: "Throw it (into the Fire)!"
The Angels would ask: "By Your Might! We only see good (in it)."
Allah would reply: "This (i.e. the good deeds that you see in it) were not done for My sake. Any deed that is not done for My sake, I do not accept."

(al-Bazzar)[
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 6:21pm On May 25, 2013
Ibn 'Umar said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, took me by the shoulder and said,
'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller on the road.'
[Riyad us Saliheen]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 5:17am On May 27, 2013
Ibn Mas'ud, Ibn 'Umar and Anas said,
"The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,
'Every traitor will have a banner on the Day of Rising. It will announce, 'This is the treachery of so-and-so.'"
[Riyad us Saliheen]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by tbaba1234: 12:14am On May 31, 2013
Zahir, a poor, disabled and older bedouin, was once selling his goods in the market. The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, wanting to surprise him, came from behind and put his arms around him. Zahir (RA) began squirming around trying to figure out who had him in a lock. As soon as he saw that it was the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, he stood still and hugged him. Then the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam jokingly called to those who passed by, 'Who wants to buy this man?' Laughing and still in the Prophet's grip, Zahir (RA) responded, 'I have nothing to offer, no one would ever want to buy me' [due to his age and disability]. The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam told him, 'But to Allah, you are priceless and invaluable.' [Narrated by Ahmad]

Commentary from Qalam Institute:

Again and again, we see the true leadership of the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam. We saw how he personally invested his time in the emancipation of Salman (RA), he publicly showed his love for Ammar (RA) when he arrived in Madinah, and now how he spent time with, joked and comforted his friends who he knew were more valuable than they believed themselves to be. When the rich men of Makkah refused to sit with the poor companions, Allah (swt) taught the Prophet that the poverty or wealth of people is essentially irrelevant. Leadership isn’t just wearing a mic or having a name on a poster, it is welcoming everyone and establish the equilibrium in society.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by tbaba1234: 1:19am On Jun 03, 2013
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was asked: "Can a believer be a coward?" The Prophet said: "Yes." He was then asked: "Can a believer be a miser?" He replied: "Yes." And finally, he was asked: 'Can a believer be a liar?" The Prophet said: "No." - Al-Muwatta, Volume 56, Hadith 19
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 8:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
Yahya related to me from Malik that Muadh ibn Jabal(ra) said,
“The last advice the Messenger of Allah (saw) gave me when I put my foot in the stirrup was that he said,
‘Make your character good for the people, Muadh ibn Jabal!’ ”.

Al-Muwatta – Hadith 47.1.1

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2013
Abu Ayyub al-Ansari told him that a bedouin came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, while he was travelling. He asked, "Tell me what will bring me near to the Garden and keep me far from the Fire."
He replied,
"Worship Allah and do not associate anything with Him,
perform the prayer,
pay zakat,
and maintain ties of kinship."

[Adab Al Mufrad]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by chakula: 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
azharuddin: Abu Ayyub al-Ansari told him that a bedouin came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, while he was travelling. He asked, "Tell me what will bring me near to the Garden and keep me far from the Fire."
He replied,
"Worship Allah and do not associate anything with Him,
perform the prayer,
pay zakat,
and maintain ties of kinship."

[Adab Al Mufrad]

Jazakallah Akhy. May Allah strengh us with means and freedom to serve Him right Amen.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by tbaba1234: 2:46am On Jul 14, 2013
Hadith 219/04. Ablution (Wudu')/Volume 01/Sahih Bukhari (English)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

A Bedouin stood up and started making water in the mosque. The people caught him but the Prophet ordered them to leave him and to pour a bucket or a tumbler of water over the place where he had passed the urine. The Prophet then said, "You have been sent to make things easy and not to make them difficult."

I love this hadith. Sometimes we fail to make things easy for people in the religion. May Allah help the muslims.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 4:20am On Nov 09, 2013
Inspiration for the Lustful Soul ᴴᴰ ┇ Emotional ┇ by Sh. Khalid Al-Rashid ┇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj8hkYnCn30
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 7:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
On the Day of Judgement,
Allah will address Jibreel (Angel Gabriel) and say, "O Jibreel, why do I see so and so amongst the people of Hell?"
Jibreel would reply ,"O my Lord, we did not find that person to have any good deeds that would benefit him today."
Allah would say, "I heard him saying in the lower world, 'Yaa Hannaan (O Compassionate One), Yaa Mannaan (O Bountiful One),'
Bring him forth and ask him, 'Is there a 'Hannaan' and 'Mannaan' besides Me?'
So I shall take him by the hand from among the people of the Fire and put him into the rows of the people of Paradise."

(al-Haakim al-Tirmidhi)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by tbaba1234: 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
azharuddin: On the Day of Judgement,
Allah will address Jibreel (Angel Gabriel) and say, "O Jibreel, why do I see so and so amongst the people of Hell?"
Jibreel would reply ,"O my Lord, we did not find that person to have any good deeds that would benefit him today."
Allah would say, "I heard him saying in the lower world, 'Yaa Hannaan (O Compassionate One), Yaa Mannaan (O Bountiful One),'
Bring him forth and ask him, 'Is there a 'Hannaan' and 'Mannaan' besides Me?'
So I shall take him by the hand from among the people of the Fire and put him into the rows of the people of Paradise."

(al-Haakim al-Tirmidhi)

JazakAllahu Khair Akhi,

Miss your lovely posts
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
tbaba1234:

JazakAllahu Khair Akhi,

Miss your lovely posts

Assalaamu alaikum akhi. Remember me in your duas.

May Allah Ta'ala give you the best in this world and the akhirah. ameen.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by tbaba1234: 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
azharuddin:

Assalaamu alaikum akhi. Remember me in your duas.

May Allah Ta'ala give you the best in this world and the akhirah. ameen.

Wa aleikum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu.

May Allah Ta'ala give US the best in this world and the akhirah. ameen
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by dragnet: 6:49am On Dec 05, 2013
'Irbaad bn Saariyah reported....
The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ´alayhi wasallam, delivered an admonition that made our hearts fearful and our eyes tearful. We said, O Messenger of Allah, it is as if this were a farewell sermon, so advise us. He said, I enjoin you to have Taqwa of Allah and that you listen and obey, even if a slave is made a ruler over you. He among you who lives long enough will see many differences. So for you is to observe my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly-principled and rightly-guided successors, holding on to them with your molar teeth. Beware of newly-introduced matters, for every innovation (bid´ah) is an error.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by Empiree: 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hadeeth Of The Day

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration / Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.