Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Hadeeth Of The Day - Islam for Muslims (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadeeth Of The Day (49392 Views)

The Twelve Caliph Hadeeth / The Hadeeth Of The Eleven Women : Sahih Muslim / Hadeeth Or Koran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by busar(m): 6:30am On Sep 21, 2012
from 'A'ishah who said: "I went out
with the Prophet on a journey. At that
time I was a young girl and was quite
slender. The Prophet told the people,
'Go on ahead,' so they went ahead,
then he said to me, 'Come, let us have a race.' So I raced with him, and I won. He
let the matter rest until I had gained
weight. Later, I accompanied him on
another journey. He told the people, 'Go
on ahead,' so they went ahead. He said
to me, 'Come, let us have a race.' So I raced with him, and he won. He began
to laugh, and said, 'This is for that." This hadith put smile on my face.The prophet(saw) is indeed the best of mankind.

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by busar(m): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2012
Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu
'anhu):
Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa
Sallam) said, "Procrastination
(delay) in repaying debts by a
wealthy person is injustice." Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 585
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by elderbros(m): 12:06am On Oct 03, 2012

Abu Malik Al-Harith bin Asim Al-Ash`ar (May Allah bepleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of
Allah (PBUH) said:"Wudu' is half of Salah; the utterance of (Al-hamdu lillah - all praise belongs to Allah) fills the
Scales of good actions; the utterance of (Subhan Allah wa Al-hamdu lillah)(Allah is far removed from every
imperfection and all praise belongs to Allah) fills the space between the heavens and the earth, and Salat (prayer) is
light; and charity is the proof of Faith; and endurance is light, and the Qur'an is a plea in your favour or against you.
Every person departs; he either ransoms it or puts it into perdition".
[Muslim].
Commentary:
1. Piety in all forms is meritorious. And Faith means Faith in its perfect form. Some people are of the opinion that
here Faith means Salat. Purification is essential for Salat and this is the reason it is regarded as half of Salat.
2. Excellence of the remembrance of Allah.
3. Inducement for concentration on Salat because it is a light which provides guidance to a Muslim at every step and
prevents him from obscenity and unlawful actions.
4. Sadaqah signifies a Muslim's sincerity and devotion.
5. The praiseworthiness of patience. It is a strong weapon of a Muslim which provides him with steadfastness.
6. The Qur'an is a means of salvation as well as destruction for a Muslim. If one acts upon its orders, it becomes a
means of his salvation; if he shuns them, it ruins him.
7. One should not leave oneself idle but keep it busy - busy in some noble work, otherwise it would tend to evil
which will eventually ruin him.
8. One should spend this transitory earthly life in the obedience of Allah.

Riyad-Us-Saliheen Vol 1: No 25

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by busar(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2012
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri (Radi-
Allahu 'anhu):
The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa
Sallam) said, "Beware! Avoid sitting
on
he roads (ways)." The people said, "There is no way out of it as these
are
our sitting places where we have
talks." The Prophet (Sallallahu
'Alaihi Wa
Sallam) said, "If you must sit there, then observe the rights of the
way."
They asked, "What are the rights of
the way?" He said, "They are the
lowering of your gazes (on seeing
what is illegal to look at), refraining from harming people, returning
greetings, advocating good and
forbidding
evil."
Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 645

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by busar(m): 7:09am On Oct 14, 2012
Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu
'anhu):
Sallam) said, "While a man was on
the way, he found a thorny branch
of a tree there on the way and removed
it. Allah thanked him for that deed
and forgave him."
Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 652

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by busar(m): 5:29am On Oct 15, 2012
Narrated Aisha (Radi-Allahu 'anha):
Hind bint 'Utba (Abu Sufyan's wife)
came and said, "O Allah's Apostle!
Abu
Sufyan is a miser. Is there any harm
if I spend something from his property
for our children?" He (Sallallahu
'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, there is no
harm
for you if you feed them from it
justly and reasonably (with no extravagance)."
Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 640
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by busar(m): 7:07am On Oct 19, 2012
Narrated 'Azra bin Thabit Al-Ansari
(Radi-Allahu 'anhu):
When I went to Thumama bin
'Abdullah, he gave me some
perfume and said that
Anas would not reject the gifts of perfume. Anas said: The Prophet
(Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) used
not to reject the gifts of perfume.
Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 756

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 8:26am On Oct 23, 2012
Abu 'Abdu'r-Rahman 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar ibn al-Khattab said that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,
"Allah the Mighty and Majestic accepts the repentance of His servant as long as long as his death-rattle has not begun."
[At-Tirmidhi]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 8:28am On Oct 23, 2012
Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,
"If the son of Adam possessed a valley full of gold he would want to have two valleys, yet his mouth will only be filled by earth.
Allah turns towards those who turn in repentance."

[Riyadus Saliheen]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by abdulg: 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2012
Dear Brothers /Sisters, Please promote "Know about your religion" https://www./aboutreligion/#!/groups/aboutreligion/
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
Abu Hamza Anas ibn Malik al-Ansari, the servant of the Messenger of Allah reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,

"Allah is happier about the repentance of one His slaves than one of you would be about finding your camel which had strayed away from you in the middle of the desert."

[Riyad As Saliheen]

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by chakula: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2012
azharuddin: Abu Hamza Anas ibn Malik al-Ansari, the servant of the Messenger of Allah reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,

"Allah is happier about the repentance of one His slaves than one of you would be about finding your camel which had strayed away from you in the middle of the desert."

[Riyad As Saliheen]

Akhy Jazakallah Khairan. BTW Long time hope things are fine.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by tbaba1234: 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
Bukhari 008.073.110 - Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab) - - -

Narrated Abu Huraira

A man came to the Prophet and said, "I have been ruined for I have had sexual relation with my wife in Ramadan (while I was fasting)" The Prophet said (to him), "Manumit a slave." The man said, " I cannot afford that." The Prophet said, "(Then) fast for two successive months continuously". The man said, "I cannot do that." The Prophet said, "(Then) feed sixty poor persons." The man said, "I have nothing (to feed them with)." Then a big basket full of dates was brought to the Prophet. The Prophet said, "Where is the questioner? Go and give this in charity." The man said, "(Shall I give this in charity) to a poorer person than l? By Allah, there is no family in between these two mountains (of Medina) who are poorer than we." The Prophet then smiled till his premolar teeth became visible, and said, "Then (feed) your (family with it).Narrated Abu Huraira

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
Abu Hurayra 'Abdu'r-Rahman ibn Sakhr said that the Messenger of Allah(saw) said,
"Allah does not look at your bodies nor your forms but He looks at your hearts and your actions."

[Riyad As Saliheen]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2012
chakula:

Akhy Jazakallah Khairan. BTW Long time hope things are fine.

Assalaamu alaikum bro. smiley

Yes its been sometime I visited here, things are ok alhamdulillah. Hope you are fine too.
Remember me in your duas.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by busar(m): 7:19am On Nov 12, 2012
Narrated Anas bin Malik (Radi-
Allahu 'anhu):
The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa
Sallam) used to say, "O Allah! I seek
refuge with You from helplessness,
laziness, cowardice and feeble old age;
I seek refuge with You from
afflictions of life and death and
seek refuge
with You from the punishment in
the grave." Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 77
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by busar(m): 7:08am On Nov 13, 2012
Narrated 'Aisha (Radi-Allahu 'anha)
:
The following Verse:--
"If a guardian is well-off, let him
claim no remuneration (i.e. wages),
but if he is poor, let him have for
himself what is just and
reasonable." (4.6)
was revealed in connection with
the guardian of an orphan, and it
means that if he is poor he can have for
himself (from the orphan's wealth)
what
is just and reasonable according to
the orphan's share of the
inheritance. Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 27
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by bntY: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2012
'Fear(protect yourself from) d fire,even if it's by giving out a fraction of a date,if u can't find,then speak good.'
I love dis hadith because it depicts d limitless mercy of Allah. Also connotes how we get rewarded for things we don't even regard.
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2012
Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,
"Allah, the Mighty and Majestic, will say to the people of the Garden, 'O people of the Garden!'
They will say, 'At your service and in obedience, O our Lord!'
He will say, 'Are you content?'
They will say, 'How could we not be content, our Lord, when You have given us what You have not given any of Your creation?!'
He will say, 'Shall I give you even better than that?'
They will say, 'What thing could be better than that?'
He will say, 'That I send down My pleasure upon you and after it never more be angry with You.'"

[Riyadus Saliheen]

1 Like

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sayyidina Numan ibn Bashir (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said,
“The example of those who abide by the limits of Allah and those who do not observe them is like
that of a people who cast lots to sail on a ship.
Some of them take the upper deck and some the lower deck.
Those in the sea in the lower deck would ascend (to the upper) to get water
and (in the process) would drop water on those in the upper deck.
So these people who were in the upper deck said,
‘We will not allow you to climb up for you hurt us.”
So, those in the lower deck responded,
“Well we shall bore a hole in the lower portion and fetch water from here.”
Thus, if they hold their hands and prevent them then all of them will be saved,
but if they leave them to themselves then all of them would drown.”

[Bukhari 2493, Muslim 1599]
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by busar(m): 7:18am On Dec 17, 2012
Narrated Sahl bin Sad Al-Saidi
(Radi-Allahu 'anhu):
Sallam) said, "A place in Paradise
equal to the size of a lash is better
than the whole world and whatever is
in it."
Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 473
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2012

Umar ibn al Khattab :anhu: narrates that one day he went to the Masjid of Rasulullah :saw: and found Mu'adth bin Jabal :anhu: sitting by the grave of Nabi :saw: and weeping.
He asked: What makes you weep?
Mu'adth replied: A thing made me cry which I heard from Rasulullah :saw: saying: 'Indeed even a little showing off is Shirk (polytheism), and verily he who has enmity with a friend of Allah has gone forth to wage war with Allah. Indeed Allah loves those who do good deeds, fear Him and are unknown; when absent they are not looked for and when present they are neither called forward nor recognized. Their hearts are lamps of guidance which pull them out from the dark storms of temptations (because of the light of their hearts, they save their Deen).'

(Ibn Majah)
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by azharuddin: 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
The Prophet (SAW) said: ''If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it five times a day, would you notice any dirt on him?'',
They said, ''Not a trace of dirt would be left. ''
The Prophet said: ''That is the example of the Five prayers with which Allah blots out evil deeds.''

(Bukhari and Muslim)

3 Likes

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by tbaba1234: 12:22am On Feb 16, 2013
Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said, “Do not hate each other; do not envy each other; do not turn away from each other, but rather be servants of Allah as brothers. It is not lawful for a Muslim to abandon his brother for more than three days.”

[Sahih Muslim, Book 32, Number 6205]

2 Likes

Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by tbaba1234: 11:30pm On Mar 11, 2013
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from these suspicious things saves his religion and his honor. And whoever indulges in these suspicious things is like a shepherd who grazes (his animals) near the Hima (private pasture) of someone else and at any moment he is liable to get in it. (O people!) Beware! Every king has a Hima and the Hima of Allah on the earth is His illegal (forbidden) things. Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt and that is the heart.

Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 2 :: Hadith 49
Re: Hadeeth Of The Day by TopSpot: 7:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
noetic2:

This is a dishonest attempt not to clarify the GREY areas of the haddith whenever u raise them.

My understanding is that the hadiths of the prophet (SAW) is very self-explanatory. However there are surely GREY areas as you have mentioned. The reason why I said GREY area is because we all understand things in different ways. That is why you get conflict and disagreement sometimes among the sahabah. I would have given an example, but I don't have much time.

Now the issue is this: no one can just come here and just explain the hadith according to their own understanding. This will lead to lots of confusion that could lead many astray. Before someone can explain hadith of the prophet, there are certain stages the person must have gone through. For example, a scholar is qualified to do that but not just any muslim.

I hope you understand this. Misinterpretation of the ahadiths of the prophet may lead people astray. Moreover, the prophet said "Anyone who lied against me will be prepared a seat in hell fire" (May Allah protect us from that).

So what should be done. The best is to take any hadith you found here and take it to a local scholar, WHO IS TRUTHFUL AND TRUSTWORHTY. Get an explanation from him.

Just my 2 cent sha...

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration / Meet Sheikh Chukwuemeka, The Igbo Man That Translated Quran From Arabic To Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.