Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? (51556 Views)

I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did / Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? / Should I Marry A Man With A Low Sperm Count? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
Acidosis:

If you ignore your brother, trust me another helper will locate him but one thing is certain: NOTHING is PERMANENT.
CHAI!, This Got to me shaa...hmm
@ OP: yemi16, I hope you saw this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by vivavik(f): 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
I'm afraid that ur wife is selfish, but rather than make it a big deal in ur marriage, apply wisdom. Pls and pls help ur bro no matter what cos no one knows 2mrw, but don't let ur wife know about it. I had an uncle who always had a fight with his wife each time he helped us, even tho I was an acting house girl if he gives me monies she complained. So he warned me not to say anythn to his wife he gives me monies. That brought peace to the house at least. God rest his soul. Will always love him and treat his kid like mine. Never ever let somone stop u from helping pple. Remember what the bible says about giving. Do this and thank me later.

To cut long story short, each time my brother comes to me for help....and i send him money, my wife complains that i larvish my money on my brother...

Just last few days ago....we were relocating to a new area within town and i called my brother to pick up a few stuffs (electronics, household items) i know i wouldnt or i planned replacing with a new one.....

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by yemi16: 5:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
omirb:

Borther your wife had a very bad mentality. Moreover, do u have to anounce to your wife what u want to do for your family? Pls if u know that such as become her attitute, stop informing her of your giving plan. It is nonsence
Your welness even in future depend on how many people u have succesfully helped, and this is what we called impact. Every single thing u do today weda good or bad is awaiting u tomoro.
You are bless not because u are smart or sharper than others but because u are engraced. Anyone wu want to deprive u of giving is going to deprive u further blessing in life, because where giving stops is where the flow of d grace stop.
Now, tell her openly, she is not d one wu send u to schl, afterall some of those brothers in one way or d other must have contributed one or 2 things into your own life in d past. So how will a woman wu comes into your life in d afternoon stops your people from enjoying u. Be careful bro and tell her to stop me and my husband only kind of attitude. If she truly love u, she will love people around and especially your people, it is God wu gave them to u and not u choosing them from heaven by yourself. Beside, there is no one in this world will ever pray to be concern to people in life, but wen d situatn of life sometimes push people to where they dont want.
Anything can happen to anyone at anytime, because life is always 2 sided. So u might need to fight( I dont mean u chase her away, she is still your but u need to correct that attitued) to put a stop to that nonsence , that might be d language she understand.
Stop begging for such a thing, u can beg her for other things but not on things that may ruin your future.
Let me tell u d way we handle things with family and friend in my family, most women do not like giving to your family but if u are doing it to her family, she will not talk, so simply keep mute on whatever you as d man want to give to your family, do what u want to do and that is all
See, u will notice that this argument of quarelling wilk not hapen wen u want to do it to her side.
Just be careful bro and God bless u

God bless u also bro...thanks for the very luvlie advice.

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by yemi16: 5:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
grin
Acidosis:

grin

Can I PM you my account number sir?

Please do PM me.....wil be more than glad to discuss it. grin
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by yemi16: 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
Onegai:

No, actually the message is right. People are the issue.

I'm a gambling woman and I'm going to make a bet. I bet you N200 that she also acts jumpy when your relatives come around, like she's not comfy but dare not be rude and overdoes the fake smiles sometimes. Did I win my bet?

if that's true, she's suffering from I-Gats-Fight-Needless-Battles Disease. it's a nasty illness, ah tellya. There's a long cure for it and a short cure. Only take the short cure if you are a very calm and in-control person. ONLY IF YOU ARE CALM AND IN CONTROL AND HAVE A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOUR.

if you do, reply this and I'll post the short cure here.

Yep u win the bet!!...

Share your short cure pls....will like to see it..
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by jclassiq(m): 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

And you think that fighting with your wife will get you there?

U should be called MINDLESSNESS.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by princezzlolly(f): 6:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
Pls try $ establish a little business for your brother b4 he gets anoda job, it doesn't speak well of him looking up to u every now $ den and render ur assistance 2 him secretly; by dat u can always live peacefully wt ur wife even if she ask ow ur brother did it, he shld tell her say na microfinance bank loan. Shikenna

2 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by yemi16: 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
Echidimeh:
She is acting as if she is Oyibo wife.is only Oyibo women that behaves like that not we africans. Get a second wife to teach her a lesson.

See word!!!... grin grin grin
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by toggy: 6:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
Brother, you are a good man. most marriages are in word and opposite. please be good always. nobody knows tomorrow. your wife is not a matured person at all, in fact she never no life. Life is give and take. i have seen a bank manager in control of everything for years and suddenly, things turn around for worst. going forward, please do your favour to your brother in secret without her knowledge. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Ayauche(f): 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
Gologolo:

Why would you say he should stop giving to his siblings ...if he happens to be in hi siblings's shoes and what if things turn around for his siblings...what an advice is that?

Calm down my dear, go back and read what Ochyglows wrote, u didn't read it well, u were too in a hurry to attack.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by multicolored(f): 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
Yes, you married the wrong woman. Solution: stop telling her whenever you want to help your family members.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Miami11: 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2016
poseidon12:

Wow! at her buying a house without her husband's knowledge and she is here talking about the op having to consult his wife before giving things to his dear brother. That is clear-cut hypocrisy right there.
They are the ones having problems in their marriage, note that I never mentioned problems in my marriage.
If anything am trying to help OP have a peaceful home
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Miami11: 7:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
Acidosis:

sad sad

cheesy
What is the content of the PM you sent me. Please communicate to me here openly I don't do all that PM thing.
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by yemi16: 7:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
emenideen:
My post is coming late... I hope u get to c it.

Urs may be a little matter of communication or lack of it. Ur wife may be peeved because u don't consult ( man read; take excuse from) her b4 u take such decisions. If u don't, u should.

Ayam coming...

It does not excuse her method of seeking relevance in ur life ( that's one good reason). She should know better.
Why do u need to consult her?

let me come.

In fact, instead of not telling her, bring her in into d circle of ur close confidants. Tell her things. About u, about ur life.

Now, y do u need to consult her...?

because u r now one. U, the man, are the head. U must not despair, always lead d way.

thanks....i surely read it....thanks

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by ghetto101(m): 7:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
Bro my advice for is to seat her down and let her understand that ur family will always be ur family and u will be always be there for ur family(becos families are to support each other,she came into ur family so she should the tradition of a good family) I once had problems like this with my lady and it was becos she's not use to it since she's not born in Africa but i made her understand the way it is d that i will always be there for my family and she now respect that. But if ur lady continues the same then think of ur future with her,if really she fit in.

yemi16:
I courted her for about 1yr..before we got married 6months ago..
Meanwhile while courting, she had told me she left her former relationship because the guy she dated then was like the breadwinner to his family catering for all his siblings and she felt quite uncomfortable with it....

I didnt read much to it coz in my mind it happended to my favour and i already have a well to-do siblings...as at my courtship period though...

Shortly before we got married, my elder brother who also just had a baby lost his job....and i had to support him and his family on a need basis especially with their little cute baby boy growing but i noticed my my then fiancee didnt just like it at all....

After we got married....i got a great job with this good pay and was very comfortable....meanwhile my brother search for job was to no avail....and his wife was on maternity leave.

To cut long story short, each time my brother comes to me for help....and i send him money, my wife complains that i larvish my money on my brother...that he should go and get a job and not rely on me always...we would quarrel seriously for days/weeks before time eventually settles things...

Just last few days ago....we were relocating to a new area within town and i called my brother to pick up a few stuffs (electronics, household items) i know i wouldnt or i planned replacing with a new one......He came and picked them up as i had informed him....After he left, my wife let hell loose....she went completely mad and we had a big quareel...she even called my brother to return a few stuffs he took even when i already bought the replacements...

I am used to going back to her to apologize just to let peace reign ...but this time i have had it upto my neck..!!!!...
I dont intend apologizing one bit as i am sure i did her no wrong......

Now i am thinking deeply.....did i really overlooked the signs...?...did i really marry the wrong lady??....

Please i need your advise on how best to manage this...

Admin..pls help to update this on fp..i really need lots of advice at the moment.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Princewell2012(m): 8:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
asha01:

because what u don't know wont kill u

Hmmm yes, but for how long

2 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by scantee(m): 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
ariyike23:

for now help yur brother wiout informing her and temporarily stop talking about your family to her. Try pretending wen u get home ,be cold wid her,if possible sef dnt eat her food for that night only(this method drives women crazy),we dnt like it wen our food is nt been eaten.if she asks u wat is wrong,say nothing,jes be quiet and do your own thing for like 2 days,den on the 3rd day cme home very happy,buy wat she likes best nd pamper her,den wen shez relaxed,tell her u both need to talk,just tell her how much you love her and all dose sweet things,den ask her y she flares up wen u help ur broda,listen to her reason and wen shez done,let her know that no mata wat u do for ur broda,dt it will never affect hers,if possible sef,cook up a story of ao ur broda paid ur fees in the uni. Do show emotions,let her know ao much her attitude is hurting you . we also like to see our men show dier pains,if shez a sensitive person with the heart of a human,she wuld stop afta dis...
wife material spoted

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by josite: 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
Those who advice u not to be open wit your wife are killing u if ur wife is a tit for tat person. What is left of marriage when you are not transparent with each other.you didn't make it clear from the onset that your siblings are matter of priority and to be sincere were u not discussing your brother in despicable terms to her before. Women has a way of knowing who u don't joke wit.be careful o.if u hide something from her and she go diidcover and slaughter u while u sleep, all these advisers no go dey there o.count the devils she has and start casting them out one by one.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by gbenga4my(m): 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
yemi16:
Meanwhile while courting, she had told me she left her former relationship because the guy she dated then was like the breadwinner to his family catering for all his siblings and she felt quite uncomfortable with it....

I didnt read much to it coz in my mind it happended to my favour and i already have a well to-do siblings...as at my courtship period though...

Shortly before we got married, my elder brother who also just had a baby lost his job....and i had to support him and his family on a need basis especially with their little cute baby boy growing but i noticed my my then fiancee didnt just like it at all....

After we got married....i got a great job with this good pay and was very comfortable....meanwhile my brother search for job was to no avail....and his wife was on maternity leave.

To cut long story short, each time my brother comes to me for help....and i send him money, my wife complains that i larvish my money on my brother...that he should go and get a job and not rely on me always...we would quarrel seriously for days/weeks before time eventually settles things...

Just last few days ago....we were relocating to a new area within town and i called my brother to pick up a few stuffs (electronics, household items) i know i wouldnt or i planned replacing with a new one......He came and picked them up as i had informed him....After he left, my wife let hell loose....she went completely mad and we had a big quareel...she even called my brother to return a few stuffs he took even when i already bought the replacements...

I am used to going back to her to apologize just to let peace reign ...but this time i have had it upto my neck..!!!!...

Now i am thinking deeply.....did i really overlooked the signs...?...did i really marry the wrong lady??....

Admin..pls help to update this on fp..i really need lots of advice at the moment.

Thanks.
My brother, don't let any1 deceive you, you married a good woman. 2ndly, you are 6month into ur marriage according to you, all this attitude/behaviour/quarel is normal and dnt let any1 poison ur mind. Again, according to you, she left her ex cos of issue like this, which means that's who she is.(why complain for being her real self?) a flaw in her, accepted. It would have been a different case if she wasn't that way b4 ur marriage. I believe you should be more worried about helping her get over this flaw, other than fighting her on it. You have to keep talking to her on it, a bit soft, a bit harsh. (Rebuke her with ur right hand and draw her closer with ur left) all in all, always stand on your words. B4 u know it, all this will be a thing of the past.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Acidosis(m): 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
Miami11:

What is the content of the PM you sent me. Please communicate to me here openly I don't do all that PM thing.
There is a reason why it's called PM. I think you should ignore the mail since you don't do private talks.
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by yemi16: 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ochyglowsglows:
Please, i d advice u do not stop giving to ur siblings. For heaven's sake, they were there even before she was, am sure they v been helpful to u too. That was d major reason I broke up with my ex, he d always complain about the way i buy gifts for nephews and nieces, saying they v got parents. Imagine me going to visit my elder sister and I decide to buy things to make lunch, not even cos she asked, but cos I felt like doing so and he d start complaining, this is my own money in question o, not his. Pls, i d advise u keep giving to ur siblings in secret, she may eventually find out, but don't stop still. Cheers.

My dear...i can imagine....and i must say u took the best decision of your life....
My story should also serve as a learning to alll men and women out there....please do no ignore warning signals during courtship...luv with your heart but keep ur head working also..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by yemi16: 9:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
greatbrian:
Am a little boy but with the little experience hv had in live lemme chip in dz. When tins goes bad ur wife might loose u or even change her name. Buh one tin z sure ur brother and family will never do. They were there when u were growing up, they were dia when u failed in skul if u ever did. And they were still dia during d bad times. Talk to ur wife and mk her know u cherish ur family coz they r ur blood like she is. Nd if she won't change my brother pray. Peace

Little is only a thing of the mind bro...i admire your effort and also the advice...thanks so much and regard to your family!
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by yemi16: 9:53pm On Feb 18, 2016
raumdeuter:
Yemi16

You seem to be going the wrong direction? You seem to prefer hiding from her? That is the wrong way to approach it

Be upfront with her. Tell her you are going to help your family and no Jupiter can stop you

let me tell you something, to her friends now, she is probably bragging that her husband is a mumu who she can push any way she wants

This is the way to approach it.

1. Tell her the stunt she tried earlier calling your brother to return that. never in her life should she try it again

2 Rake for her madly. Surprise her. You have been too predictable. Show a side of you she has never seen before. And be clear to her, every option except physical violence is on the table. You can divorce her (you dont believe in the "divoce is not an option" mantra

Theres one thing in relationship, The best way a woman can describe a man is "He is loving, kind, gentle etc BUT he can be crazy when you do this ......" The part in bold is the most important thing. if a woman knows she can do anything and get away with it or you would come beg her as soon as she shed a few tears then you are in for a rough ride in marriage

Sorry to ask but did you have previous gf before marrying her? Women need a loving but FIRM hand. Not someone they can always walk over

Very powerful words from you...thanks....
Sure i have had a gf before i her...uni days!

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by yemi16: 9:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
Xsolutions:
CHAI!, This Got to me shaa...hmm
@ OP: yemi16, I hope you saw this.

off course i saw it...thanks!

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Mekzmoney(m): 9:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
You've spoken my mind... Not everytin u do 4 ur family that u would involve ur wife.
Tell ur family to keep it away 4rm ur wife, but make them understand dat she's not against it bt just dat u dnt want her to know abt d help. So that ur family wouldn't hate her, because if they develope hatred on ur wife, especially ur mum, then ur finished.
zayhal:
Stop telling her about everything you want to do for your brother. Help your brother (and other family members) without informing her. That way, peace will reign.
its quite obvious dat she's not generous. She's selfish and stingy. Maybe she's a gold digger b4 u married her.
Good luck man.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by ariyike23(f): 10:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
scantee:
wife material spoted

lol..stop cracking me up..aos u doing?
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Sunnypar(m): 10:19pm On Feb 18, 2016
ariyike23:

lol..stop cracking me up..aos u doing?
You are now...... Abeg drop the digits.
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by olushowunm(m): 11:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
yemi16:

Thanks.
Be more pragmatic in your giving. Make sure you help ur siblings without letting her know. Do that at work or request for Bank account information and do online transfer most times. Then about that attitude, you need to use reverse psychology on her. Make sure you make her dependent on your family by giving her cold war. Don't talk and make sure u act irrationally without talking. If u have been coming home 8am before. Starts coming late and also never apologize to her nor give her reasons for your actions. Also make sure you don't sleep on the matrimonial bed. Move with ur pillow to the living room. Without long she will have to call your family attention to your behavioral changes. And if luck will smile on u she will go to your eldest brother first.

So with this she will be more grateful you have someone you listen to.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by favouryemmy: 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
yemi16:

hmmmm.....sounds like a good one there.....i 'll surely give it a though....thanks...
It's just sad i ll have to start keeping things away from her this early into my marriage.....so sad!! sad sad

You dont have to keep everything else away from her, just only what you intend to do for your family. My wife is a good one, shes not like that, but when I want to do such a thing a know she might frown at it, I don't tell her and it always works. But I tell her the ones I know she won't frown at; we discuss about such things a lot before carrrying them out.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by grandstar(m): 1:18am On Feb 19, 2016
mutiply:
I don't understand why you will want to help your brother and your wife will let hell loose. I think you are soft on her, you need to tell her you are the man of the house. If you have more than enough, please do assist him cause you never can tell how your tomorrow will be.

yemi16, no matter what you do, do not take this advice!

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by grandstar(m): 1:20am On Feb 19, 2016
zayhal:
Stop telling her about everything you want to do for your brother. Help your brother (and other family members) without informing her. That way, peace will reign.

Tru tok. You must be over 90.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by akinladejo: 1:35am On Feb 19, 2016
my guy u saw the warning sign but u ignored it. Now what u will do is to keep your card to your chest. don't ever and ever tell her how u want to help others again. She is a wicked woman that want to cause problems for her children later in future.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Homeless Man And Wife Get Help From Twitter As They Go Viral / Man Gifts Wife New Car For Exclusively Breast-Feeding Their Baby For 6 Months / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.