Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! (62429 Views)

South African Newspaper Features Olajumoke's "Dirt Poor Bread Seller" Story / Funke Akindele Turns Olajumoke, The Bread-Seller In New Video Shoot / 5 Proves That Olajumoke The Bread Seller Story Is A Public Stunt (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Vinsaint(m): 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
@ I dey smell jealosy for ur FACT. When God enters Into one's matter my brother an instant change happens.
Which ever way... like someone rightly said in His comment
SHE IS L.U.C.K.Y

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunglow: 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

Do you think every Nigerian has the same attention-seeking, publicity-hungry, frontpage-obsessed low life blood inside them like you?

I had a divergent opinion, I voiced it....if you must attack my person because of this, I think you are the one seeking attention. If you understand English, you will notice I did not attack the person of TY Bello or Olajumoke...whoever the stunt works for, good for them!

But for low lives like you who think everybody hustles for FTC and FP like you, maybe you need to take a lesson in comprehension and stylistics!

Ode arindin..
bla bla bla bla bla cry me a river!I actually showed my huby what u posted up there n he just shook his head n said "y do Nigerians hate themselves so much or y do they always have sleepless night over someone's success. Sue Ty bello for staging it,sue the banks that have endorsed her face as their brand or better still u can hug a transformer or kiss a naked wire.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by eduxerxes: 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

2. All of a sudden, she became a MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER! How foolish can we be? Just all of a sudden, a programme was to be held in Abuja and olajumoke was invited as the MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER....yes, SPEAKER! The topic was 'If we were the government'... So I asked myself, was she so educated before or did she become a motivational speaker just by virtue of being lucky or someone is just playing a simply stupid fast one on us?

Oga, the interview I saw on Channels this evening with Olajumoke shows that she CAN'T speak English, not even pidgin English. How the hell can she turn motivational speaker, na Yoruba abi pidgin she wan take motivate ni?
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Gorodomu: 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
Ignorance is a serious issue,So u all expect her to wear her normal everyday dress for a photoshoot!Of cos TY bello dressed her up for d photo session after discovering d potential in her.She actually sells bread for a living and this has been verified countless times.A world class organization like stanbic ibtc will not associate itself with anything questionable.
Why do we have d notion dat only educated pple can impact knowledgeHer life on d streets hawking bread is enough experience to earn her a place at d podium.Please lets stop all dis vertical thinking and learn how to interprete situations properly.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sunglow:
bla bla bla bla bla cry me a river!I actually showed my huby what u posted up there n he just shook his head n said "y do Nigerians hate themselves so much or y do they always have sleepless night over someone's success. Sue Ty bello for staging it,sue the banks that have endorsed her face as their brand or better still u can hug a transformer or kiss a naked wire.

You married your kind...why should I be surprised? Like begets like...

My regards to your non-thinking soulmate...sorry, you dragged him into this!
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by sweeneyjaay(m): 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
Ok ooo.thats ur opinion tho but seriously if u com to lag island you'll see well dressed bread sellers that look good and they have children in that state....think I'm lying pls go to Lagos island not lekki or v.i o early in the morning u wont even know some are bread sellers without there bread
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by ayindejimmy(m): 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
This was how it happened.
The lady was a real Agege bread seller but she didn't photo bomb TY Bello's photoshot. That was just a storyline. She was a pretty Agege bread seller TY Bello discovered, and decided in order to make her a model, her story has to be intriguing enough for people to relate to
The setup was saying she photo bomb the photoshot.
However, if you feel she's not an Agege bread seller why not conduct a proper investigation rather than come here and stare speculations. After all, we all saw the bakery she used to work. Why not go there and ask around? The burden of proof is on you

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by kachi105(m): 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
4. So I heard Sujimoto gave her a house, STANBIC gave her an endorsement deal etc.... For what did a young lady who just got lucky deserve all these publicity and attention? For being lucky? Or for being a recipient of a TY Bello miracle? I guess we should expect an endorsement deal for the young man E-Money just gave a car and cash to if that is the. way to deal!
[color=#006600][/color].

So young man what's d problem with d house and endorsement ehnnn ppl can hate shaaaaa leave the rich girl alone. Park well, the economy is facing bigger challenges u are here hating TY n former bread hawker SMH

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by tammie24: 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
ladyF:
I really do not doubt this bread-seller story one bit. Whether you believe or not, it won't change the fact that the lady has found favour. It's rare but it happens, just like miracles do happen.

Next time you get on your knees, say this prayer after me; in fact, say this prayer right now... "God give me a miracle that will sound like a lie" If it is too good to be true, then it is God!!! Better give your life to Christ, let him change your life for the better.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
God bless you my sister
your head dey there
na our prayer be dat
that blessing that will make people wonder!

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by olakunleibironke: 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
am not surprise as i hear the story ,becourese our leader on top dey frame at time ,
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunglow: 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

You married your kind...why should I be surprised? Like begets like...

My regards to your non-thinking soulmate...sorry, you dragged him into this!
Hahahahahahahahaha oh my gosh! small boy mentality. OKAWUALAGI!

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunglow: 10:11pm On Feb 20, 2016
kachi105:
4. So I heard Sujimoto gave her a house, STANBIC gave her an endorsement deal etc.... For what did a young lady who just got lucky deserve all these publicity and attention? For being lucky? Or for being a recipient of a TY Bello miracle? I guess we should expect an endorsement deal for the young man E-Money just gave a car and cash to if that is the. way to deal!
[color=#006600][/color].

So young man what's d problem with d house and endorsement ehnnn ppl can hate shaaaaa leave the rich girl alone. Park well, the economy is facing bigger challenges u are here hating TY n former bread hawker SMH
You dey mind am bad belle rotten tomatoes
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
Nichobabe:

I hear you bro, but the fact remains that the girl is just lucky, you can't take away that fact.

Even if she was paid to act she is still lucky.

She is getting a house, she is lucky

She is getting endorsement from IBTC, she is lucky

She is now a motivational speaker and people listen, she is lucky

She is even getting more deals than Nollywood actress, She is lucky

So whether acting o or real o. She is lucky

End of story...
The world so damned that people don't believe certain things could come for free, so they put up all the logic they can find to propose an answer to what may actually be real. It is always cooked up until it happens to you or your family then its real.th
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by daniel456: 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
BAD BELLE DEM PLENTY FOR TOWN........
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
myfantasies:
I have a feeling it was stage right from the onset

But whichever way, i wish her success

It should be , "right from the OUTSET" , there's a difference between onset and outset. Just like AMEND and EMEND , a lot of people use them wrongly only because people don't know there's a word like EMEND ( just like OUTSET ).
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by smoothpapuzy(m): 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

I have been so bothered by the way some people have turned her story to their prayer points in recent times....I kept asking myself, are Nigerians this foolish? I cannot swallow such, I had to speak out!

Nigerians are foolish, they will vote buhari for second term. Watch out.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sunglow:
Hahahahahahahahaha oh my gosh! small boy mentality. OKAWUALAGI!

Seriously, I am not one to insult people's husbands...but seeing that you dragged your husband's personality into your attempt to insult me, I had to send my regards to him.

Either way, I doubted if your husband's personality counted for anything in the discuss that will make his opinion hold water....again, I could not see any way this could be the case...the wife of Buhari will not have time for Nairaland, so you are definitely not the President's wife...that makes his idea of me pointless.

Again, knowing that your husband is either my mate, or slightly older than me, or even younger than me, makes it compelling on me to tell you that in your highest of insanity, you should never insult other people's husbands....because my wife will most likely be older than you. Old girls with working brains do not come at men this way.

All in all, learn your lesson, never drag your husband into issues like this, you will only continue bringing insults home for him...and that is not the way of a virtuous woman...even insane women defend their husband's dignity...you just rubbed yours in the mud...learn young girl.

Sleep good and again, my regards to the young man who is having a hard time having your kind as wife!
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunglow: 10:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
rychard:

End of story...
The world so damned that people don't believe certain things could come for free, so they put up all the logic they can find to propose an answer to what may actually be real. It is always cooked up until it happens to you or your family then its real.th

And those set of people are so frustrated, angry,infiltrated about someone else success,and they wondering how can it come so easily because they have struggled, hustled done all but still nothing.My advise to such people not everything comes by hard word(not refuting hardworking)they should try Grace!

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
Op, if you had invested half the time you spent putting up this post in doing something more productive to your future, you'd have gained something for your self.

All the logic you came up with are mere assumptions, the real fact is while you remain here drawing up your logic she is chilling in a house of her own with a bright future ahead of her.

Nigerians, I just wonder if you would write this stuff if the young lady is your sister or wife..

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
1. Will a bread seller look so good? in the selfie she took with TY Bello, olajumoke was looking so cute that one would begin to wonder if she had been doing facial treatments all her life. But then, what do I know?

U may b right, but anybody can look good.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by kjhova(m): 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

Abraham Lincoln begged his son's teacher to teach him not to jump on the bandwagon even when everybody seems to be doing it. FACT

The day our literature and common sense as a people became subjected to leadership by foolish people was the day we all stopped being critical of happenings in the society...the day we began believing everything, hook, line and sinker. FACT

The day you stop thinking, is the day you stop examining every body of information for possible distortions and misappropriations. FACT

This writeup while it does not seek to attack anybody's personality, does not foreclose the possibility of certain elements of truth existing in the matter. This is just a new dimension to the issue that most people failed to consider. And if you follow earlier comments, you will notice that many people had divergent views but could not voice them. I sort of gave them the reason to voice their non-conformist opinions. FACT

That you will think I from a section of a wailing society gives me the opinion that your intelligence has not crossed the wailer-zombie dichotomy borderline and you still somehow have your unthinking head stuck in the barb wire of political petty talking. CONJECTURE

Do we have to continue your style of writing to banter or you want to STFU and park well?

Whatever you wrote up there especially your attempt at abusing me betrays the fact that you are so emotionally attached to this matter. Olajumoke, the hardworking bread seller has become a succesful media sensation. She was a real street trader who TY brought a great deal of media skill to bear to transform into a success story. If you choose to adopt a rejectionist view of her success, go ahead and indulge yourself.

TY is doing well, Olajumoke is doing well, Seun Osewa is doing well, I am doing equally great too. success appreciates success and it is up to you what you will choose to appreciate.

BTW, i have a few wailers on watchlist on Nairaland and they have shown up on this thread in fervent support of your conspiracy theory. What more can i say? Bien venue!

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Sunglow: 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
tolulakin:

Seriously, I am not one to insult people's husbands...but seeing that you dragged your husband's personality into your attempt to insult me, I had to send my regards to him.

Either way, I doubted if your husband's personality counted for anything in the discuss that will make his opinion hold water....again, I could not see any way this could be the case...the wife of Buhari will not have time for Nairaland, so you are definitely not the President's wife...that makes his idea of me pointless.

Again, knowing that your husband is either my mate, or slightly older than me, or even younger than me, makes it compelling on me to tell you that in your highest of insanity, you should never insult other people's husbands....because my wife will most likely be older than you. Old girls with working brains do not come at men this way.

All in all, learn your lesson, never drag your husband into issues like this, you will only continue bringing insults home for him...and that is not the way of a virtuous woman...even insane women defend their husband's dignity...you just rubbed yours in the mud...learn young girl.

Sleep good and again, my regards to the young man who is having a hard time having your kind as wife!
You started the insults so keep it coming.And just for the record 14yrs in marriage to "this kind of wife"is just about the best thing he owns.What's that saying again:The older it gets the better it tastes,like fine wine.My huby is older than u,much much older.Back off!

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by taryur(m): 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
Reptyle:
This is a pointless post.

Pooh pooing someone else's luck or success just to make yourself feel good about your own ill - luck or failure does not add any value to you, just like blowing out someone's candle does not make yours any brighter.

I have my own reservations about the young lady's over exposure in the media but then I guess that is the world we live in. It does not in anyway diminish the fact that she received favor from God in the place where she was struggling for her livelihood.

What is instructive is that she was "discovered" in the line of w[b][/b]orking and struggling for her and her family's livelihood. That for me should be the key learning point for anyone who wants to use her as a "prayer point".

Leaving her family in Iree to come hustle in Lagos was a sacrifice. God rewards hard work and sacrifice. He is not an unfair God. Don't seat on your bum praying and fasting and expecting a miracle like Olajumoke's.

For all those hating on her, believe it or not, the young lady's life will never remain the same.

na u make sense pass. God bless u!

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Kgdavid(m): 10:40pm On Feb 20, 2016
@ Tolulakin you have to keep asking questions until you reach a logical conclusion. If you ask me, you've stopped halfway. Your next questions should have been:

1. If this is a PR stunt, then who, really is this Olajumoke? If she has not a bread seller then,

2. Won't someone who knows who she really is have spoken up by now? This is the internrt age bro.... Such newd would have spread like wildfire. And if she really is a bread seller that was used as a part of TY Bello's pr stunt, then:

3. The crux of the matter remains that a bread seller was elevated to being a celebrated model.

It doesn't matter whether it was by photo bombing Tinie Tempah or by way of a clever PR ruse... Her story has changed. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Goridoe(m): 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
toposi4naija:

Bro......I also know the story was cooked up.......when I no qet tribal mark for face.....won fe pe aja lobo funmi.....they want to call a dog monkey for me...............buh do me a favour.......can you post the picture where she bumped into ty bello photoshoot...... I haven't seen it......thanks in anticipation!!!!

[size=13pt]AH , WAIT , ARE U KIDDING ME? **in Lil Kesh's voice**... bros change dat ur moniker to toposi4AFGHANISTAN cos i dey sure say uno dey naija grin Tonto Dike newly born baby sef don see the pishure walai cool cool [/size]

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by taryur(m): 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
smoothpapuzy:

Nigerians are foolish, they will vote buhari for second term. Watch out.

is jonathan a better candidate
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by myfantasies(f): 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2016
neoapocalypse:

It should be , "right from the OUTSET" , there's a difference between onset and outset. Just like AMEND and EMEND , a lot of people use them wrongly only because people don't know there's a word like EMEND ( just like OUTSET ).
U were saying?
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
Goridoe:

[size=13pt]AH , WAIT , ARE U KIDDING ME? **in Lil Kesh's voice**... bros change dat ur moniker to toposi4AFGHANISTAN cos i dey sure say uno dey naija grin Tonto Dike newly born baby sef don see the pishure walai cool cool [/size]

Am off internet for some months bro........just resumed......viewed the picture already..... Its a biq scam
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by menix(m): 10:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
Omoluabi16:
stop embarrassing urself.

Had to like ur comment cous u jst carry me 4 head like ur Dad did 4 ur mum.
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by Goridoe(m): 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
toposi4naija:

Am off internet for some months bro........just resumed......viewed the picture already..... Its a biq scam

i dey tell u.! none of my bizz anyway....
Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by rman: 10:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
@OP, Ignorant people are in the majority, that explains why the country is the way it is. You need to make them think and reason logically.

They were raised to believe in luck and miracles. That is why we worship politicians, we believe they got lucky and one day it will our turn or our relatives.

Olajumoke's story is the exact kind of story that will sell in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Folly - The Bread Seller Story Is Fake! by rman: 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
@OP, Ignorant people are in the majority, that explains why the country is the way it is. You don't need to make them think and reason logically, they lack capacity for such

They were raised to believe in luck and miracles. That is why we worship politicians, we believe they got lucky and one day it will our turn or our relatives.

Olajumoke's story is the exact kind of story that will sell in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Chef Chi Show: Chioma Avril Launches Cooking Show. Poses With Davido / Simi's Mother, Jedidiah Ogunleye's Wedding Photos / Bleaching Expert, Fifi Turns Black After Child Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.